Thread: FWA.com Exclusive: Video from Backstage at Quest for the Best

HOSS MOD

Status

FWA.com Exclusive: Video from Backstage at Quest for the Best

Our video opens backstage at the State Farm Arena, presumably not long after the conclusion of the Quest for the Best PPV. We see Shannon O'Neil, having wrestled her final match for FWA, being attended to by trainers and medical staff. It's obvious that Shannon didn't suffer any major injuries, but the staff clearly wants to make sure Shannon is as well as she can be before leaving.

It's just Shannon and the medical trainers left. Most of the other staff, ring crew, and talent has left for the evening, heading off to rest or revel after the events of the PPV. Shannon, clearly still wrestling with a lot of mixed emotions, has her thoughts interrupted by the head trainer speaking up.

"Aside from the usual bruising, you seem to be in pretty good shape all things considered. Any other aches and pains besides what you've already told us?"

Shannon shakes her head as the trainer nods in acknowledgment.

"Helluva match, though. Anyways, you're free to go. Just take it easy for the next couple of..."

"Was that really it for you?"

Both the trainer and Shannon jump a bit at the sound of the interjecting voice as they turn to see Cyrus Truth leaning against the door frame. He's already changed into his street clothes and, despite having retained the FWA World Heavyweight Championship tonight, the title belt isn't on his person.

Cyrus's piercing gaze is squarely on Shannon as he again asks:

"Well, was it?"

Shannon, having gotten used to Cyrus's rather blunt way of asking questions, relaxes a bit as she sinks into the chair and gives him a half-smirk. She's still rather exhausted from the night's match, but she still has a bit of that old familiar fire in her.

"Yeah, I reckon so. Looks like we ain't gonna be beating each other up anymore, Cy. Ya don't gotta worry 'bout my right hook clockin' ya again."

"A pity."

Shannon's expression changes, as if she wasn't expecting Cyrus to say that. Still squarely focused on her, Cyrus after a minute's pauses asks:

"Any regrets?"

The question hits like a hammer, despite there being no malice in the question. Shannon is caught a bit off-guard by the question as she thinks it over for a bit, brow furrowed in contemplation as to what the answer would be. Finally, she speaks up in a weary, but confident tone.

"Maybe...nah, no 'maybes' about it. But if I'm bein' honest, Cy? I can't say I'd change a thing."

Cyrus's eyebrow arches...not confused, but seemingly accepting of that answer. The look on his face expresses that he's content with Shannon's response...but then, his expression changes. Softens a bit. He scratches the back of his head awkwardly as he responds:

"You, uh...you wanna go get a drink?"

Shannon's eye widen at this as Cyrus continues.

"There's a bar about 10 minutes away from here. Run by a guy I know named Reggie. He's probably closing up by now, but he'd let us in if I ask him to. It's a real hole in the wall, but the beer's cold and there's more than enough liquor."

Shannon cracks a sly grin as she, almost teasingly retorts:

"Cy...are...are ya' askin' me...?"

"I'm inviting a fellow fighter with a common soul to share a drink or several with me as a toast to what she's been able to accomplish before she rides off into the sunset. Don't...don't make this any more awkward for me than it already is."

Cyrus's face becomes stony, although not as much as usual and it's clear he's not particularly comfortable right about now. Shannon, sensing this, chuckles a bit but doesn't prod any further.

"You buyin'?"

Cyrus cocks an eyebrow as if to suggest she was asking a stupid question. Shannon sighs as she waves off the trainer, stands up, and looks the World Champion dead in the eye with that same smirk that Cyrus himself has cracked time and time again.

"Eh...what the hell? Sure. Lead on...champ."

The Exile, standing up straight, returns Shannon's smirk with one of his own as the two start walking off into the darkness of the backstage area side-by-side, as their conversation can be picked up by the camera microphone.

"So, ya got a car or somethin'?"

"Nope."

"Then how the hell we gettin' there?"

"I was planning on walking."

"Walkin'?! Ya do remember that match we just had, don'tcha?"

"What? Something wrong with your legs?"

"I'M fine, but I'm wonderin' how the fuck you're walkin' after that stretcher job?"

"Maybe I'm just tougher than you. Ever consider that?"

"Not a fuckin' chance!"

The conversation continues as the two exchange barbs...but there's no anger behind them. It's the banter of two people who have, despite all that's happened, forged a friendship or respect out of the fires of battle. The conversation peters out as Shannon O'Neil and Cyrus Truth head out into the night...

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: FWA.com Exclusive: Video from Backstage at Quest for the Best

This was cool.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

They gon fuck

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    They gon fuck
    That's more or less up to Shannon. Cyrus will NOT be making the first move.

Thread Information