Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2019: We killed Allie once

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Impact Wrestling Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2019: We killed Allie once

Well we are in 2019 it's been past due to make a new one I feel it's needed after the great momentum Impact has been having the past year and a half. Tonight we've got RVD returning, Elgin debuting as well, Fenix vs Edwards, Rosemary vs Hogan and even some X-Division action with Ace Austin and Petey Williams.

Elgin has me really interested because I wasn't high on him in ROH, but once he got in better shape and showed more Tools in his Tool Belt I turned the corner with him a little bit. Cage vs Elgin will be entertaining to see no doubt, I wonder how long till Impact sticks his Nose in his business get your Stop Watch ready.

Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-03-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2019: We killed Allie once

Should of posted way sooner and honestly me posting this the day of doesn't help activity for people wanting to take interest

Impact is hopefully better this week and how can't it with this Card coming later tonight. Page vs Rvd could be something it's been a while since I've seen RVD wrestle a Singles Match and I wanna know if he can so still go. Page on the otherhand is just getting some momentum with The North, the last thing I wanna see is him taking the L in some dumb fashion. Knowing Impact Page does the job, but at least give the man some shine in the Match too please!

Rayne vs Taya should be a solid Matchup I wasn't feeling Rayne coming back because I see nothing for her these days, but she does have wins over Taya. I'm sure they won't let that streak continue later tonight. The feud with Callihan vs Swann seems to be not over and it's going to intensify now with a oVe Street Fight coming. If it's under oVe Rules that tends to be crazier than a normal Street Fight should be entertaining.

LAX vs Alexander/Moose could be the Match of the Night on paper. Moose seems to have great chemistry with The North members and I see it continuing this week. For sure Alexander will be looking to get a win Friday to show LAX, that The North are coming for those Tag Titles!

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Impact was in my home away from home and if anyone is feeling froggy watch Swann vs Elgin from this week. Elgin has either won Matches or taken out guys like Cage, Impact, Pentagon, and Mack and he had another good one with Swann. They got a ton of time to work, and not only played the size & style differences well, but also delivered in front of a hot crowd. Elgin looked dominating as the top contender, and the finish protected Swann well.

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

The Knockout Battle Royal was a bit random. Especially when all the focus was on Disco Inferno...sorry Glenn Gilberti on commentary with Don tearing him a new one. I guess their doing what WWE wanted to do and do a fair few intergender matches, which is refreshing as long as it's done correctly.

The Demon Collar Match was ok, seemed a little slow in places but it served it's purpose. I do wonder what will happen with Su now Rosemary has her as her "prisoner".

Fulton squash....

Kross/Edwards was ok but the post match stuff is what made it.

Really enjoyed the main event. Considering it was on fair a decent amount of time it didn't drag at all. Also found it quite amusing that Elgin almost broke character after the first "Buckle Bomb" when the fan at ringside said something to him haha. A Elgin/Impact alliance could end badly for Impact in the longer term but we'll have to see where that one goes.
    I have a plan so cunning......

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    The Knockout Battle Royal was a bit random. Especially when all the focus was on Disco Inferno...sorry Glenn Gilberti on commentary with Don tearing him a new one. I guess their doing what WWE wanted to do and do a fair few intergender matches, which is refreshing as long as it's done correctly.

The Demon Collar Match was ok, seemed a little slow in places but it served it's purpose. I do wonder what will happen with Su now Rosemary has her as her "prisoner".

Fulton squash....

Kross/Edwards was ok but the post match stuff is what made it.

Really enjoyed the main event. Considering it was on fair a decent amount of time it didn't drag at all. Also found it quite amusing that Elgin almost broke character after the first "Buckle Bomb" when the fan at ringside said something to him haha. A Elgin/Impact alliance could end badly for Impact in the longer term but we'll have to see where that one goes.
    Yeah The Battle Royal in a sense made no sense to do, but Disco getting that heat was what he needed when he faced Scarlett. Tessa is going to rip him a new one like Don did with his words on Commentary.

Yeah at this point Su and Rosemary should join forces at this point and take out the other Knockouts where else can their feud go at this point for real?

Kross vs Edwards endgame is going to be great and you killed Kenny and now you have to deal with a loose cannon is Edwards will be fun to watch as Kross wants that Edwards, when Months ago Drake wanted the opposite.

I like this filler feud going on with Swann and Mack with Elgin and Impact. Impact doesn't know when Cage will return, but when he doe Elgin will be streak of greatness that will collide and it will be awesome to see Hoss vs Hoss and who's the big man on Campus now.

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Helloooooo out there Impact is going on tonight and it looks to be an entertaining one. Team ECW vs Team Impact is going down, as well as Kross vs Edwards in a Street Fight with the emotions high from both guys especially Edwards who is dealing with the death of Kenny. Impact/Elgin vs Swann/Mack could steal the Show, and here's to Tessa beatig the shit outta Disco tonight and putting him in his place!

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

Thought it was too much about the ECW throwback this week rather than anything else, though the main event was superb.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Behind on Impact but what's with this ECW reunion they seem obsessed with doing like every year? It's too much.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Thought it was too much about the ECW throwback this week rather than anything else, though the main event was superb.
    Yeah that opening Six Man Tag was watching a Slug's Race. Edwards vs Kross was great I felt though. It was brutal, and intense, and violent without the use of blood mind you as Eddie took hella bumps in that one. I felt the bump he took on the Ladder and Chairs and wanted to escape from seeing his pain. I hate the ending though Sandman showing up and saving Eddie makes no sense at all. Giving his Kendo Stick to him was cool and all, but it shows Eddie can't get the job done without help I feel.

Swann/Mack vs Elgin/Impact was a very good Main Event with all four getting their shine. Elgin leaving Impact behind should be interesting what Impact does about that he won't be happy about it.

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Yeah that opening Six Man Tag was watching a Slug's Race. Edwards vs Kross was great I felt though. It was brutal, and intense, and violent without the use of blood mind you as Eddie took hella bumps in that one. I felt the bump he took on the Ladder and Chairs and wanted to escape from seeing his pain. I hate the ending though Sandman showing up and saving Eddie makes no sense at all. Giving his Kendo Stick to him was cool and all, but it shows Eddie can't get the job done without help I feel.

Swann/Mack vs Elgin/Impact was a very good Main Event with all four getting their shine. Elgin leaving Impact behind should be interesting what Impact does about that he won't be happy about it.

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

Have you seen the most recent showing yet HoHo? Thought there was some good in ring action this week but felt let down in the way they had the returning Havok destroy both Rosemary and Taya, and freeing Su back into Mitchell's arms.

Also appreciated the finish to the tag title match. Not quite sure what Trey was up to, but he certainly got lost in the moment, and played dead once he realised what he did haha.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Have you seen the most recent showing yet HoHo? Thought there was some good in ring action this week but felt let down in the way they had the returning Havok destroy both Rosemary and Taya, and freeing Su back into Mitchell's arms.

Also appreciated the finish to the tag title match. Not quite sure what Trey was up to, but he certainly got lost in the moment, and played dead once he realised what he did haha.
    I sure did. Yeah this is Havok's second time around in Impact. The last time she was there they had her dominate everyone and it changed when Awesome Kong returned. I hope they have a plan for her this time around, but I'm so done with this feud. I rather just Rosemary join them or be written off and she can get healthy. That was a very good and fun tag match, with a finish that works to tease that the Rascalz can win, but also protects them from taking a straight up loss. Given more time and creative license, these guys could absolutely tear it up on PPV.

I also thought Kiera Hogan vs Grace was a good bout as well. This was a good and competitive match that went a long way in helping to lock in the new Kiera Hogan persona.

On tap for this week.

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

Surely they have to set up Grayce vs Havoc down the line....Elgin vs Mack should be a goodun.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

I thought this Week's Impact was pretty good setting up more Matches heading into Slammiversary in a few weeks. ECW Originals vs The North was a good opener and the right team won. It's one thing to bring in older talent, but having them have solid Matches and putting over lesser known talent is what I wanna see from Sabu and RVD. It sets as well not only The North being next in line for a Tag Title shot, but it sets up even further the hatred RVD has for Moose leading to their Match at Slammiversary.

Havok vs Masha Slamovic. Havok dominated of course and looked great while doing it. A Tombstone Piledriver as her Finisher is deadly to go with Mitchell speaking for her I like this Combo going forward good decision here. Rosemary is going to have loads of fun with her especially if it gets a special stipulation like Monster's Ball or something.

Raj Singh vs Cody Deaner. You can skip this Match to be honest, it was okay, but nothing to you need to watch. Gama had another Heart Attack to cause a distraction who knew he had just a strong heart to recover so fast False Alarm indeed, and it seems if The Desi Hit Squad can get some Bollywood Boys dancing in them this group might work out...MIGHT!

The Tessa Blanchard/Sami Callihan Segment in the Women's Locker Room is interesting to me as is Impact's direction with her since beating Gail Kim. She beat Disco and I'm sure she'll probably beat Jake next week where is this going with all of this? Callihan vs Blanchard how do you book that and have both talent coming out of it looking like Roses?

Grace vs Rayne. A really good Match I must say. I knew the distraction from Kiera was coming as she is coming into her own. Grace vs Hogan could be great if given enough time in the Ring which I imagine they'll get to fight at Slammiversary somehow as well, but three possible Knockouts Matches at the PPV could be a fool's dream.

Killer Kross vs Sandman. We didn't need this Match at all and here's my thoughts on what they could done to have a better impact with one. Kross Off-Screen could of mugged Sandman and put him in a Body Bag and Josh brought that up after that Eddie and Kross are going to put the other in a Body Bag. Kross has Sandman in a Body Bag and he could of dragged his body to the Ring with his Kendo Stick and opened up the Bag and beat him repeatedly as he was already bloody and bruised before hand. Eddie comes out and eventually gets cuffed to the Ropes as has to watch Kross use Kenny 2.0 on Sandman. That would of way better to watch then having a weak Match like we got in this one.

Elgin vs Mack. A good Main Event and it continues to show how great Elgin has been since arriving in Impact Wrestling. I found it funny Johnny Impact getting involved in this business, paying for it, and Elgin puts on his Sun Glasses. Elgin is like oh yeah I have to send Mack to the Hospital and that Powerbomb into the Steel Post is vicious. Still who is gonna stop that Man, could it only be Cage? If so Cage might be the only guy left if Elgin keeps dominating talent like he is right now.

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

Decent Impact again this week. Can't really disagree with anything HoHo has said. However was it me or did the ring look a little small in that arena?

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Decent Impact again this week. Can't really disagree with anything HoHo has said. However was it me or did the ring look a little small in that arena?
    Yeah they been there before in NYC and I believe had a PPV there before too. The fans feel close to the Action and the Fans are always into the Shows there.

Elgin vs Impact vs Swann is going to be a banger!

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

Elgin will pretend to be Impact's friend for a little while again haha. Looking forward to seeing how Tessa vs Jake goes down as i'm fully expecting a Tessa win in that one then some kind of beatdown from Sami afterwards haha.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Pretty sad to hear Scarlett has been released by Impact in the past few hours. Impact never found a niche for her that worked out in her favor. Safe to say they really dropped the ball with her, with all the time and effort put into her debut and this Smokeshow it should of been so much more. I said it Months back they should of had her with Drake or even her hubbie Killer Kross and see where it goes. I'm sure she'll find work quiet easily, you could always come back to Stardom for a Tour

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

All I need to say is 4 Way Knockouts Monster Ball match!!!!!!

BIG KAIJU~

Status

We are two weeks away from Slammiversary and things really heating up now. Blanchard vs Jake Crist was a good opener to the Match showing off how T-Bone Steak tough Tessa is. Tessa didn't feel the Women in the Knockouts Division were not at her level, and as she wants to stick up for those very Knockouts Sami Callihan is the perfect feud and guy for her to face. I imagine next week we find out it's going to have some kind of Stipulation you know Sami will want her to have to beat him under his rules.

Edwards vs Fulton was a good follow up to the Opener and Impact finally listened to me what Kross should be doing. Kross kidnapped Sandman and was doing what he does best, and that is mane people to death in so many ways. Edwards losing it later made sense considering the love Eddie has for Sandman...BUT FUCK ME...Eddie biting at the Face of Kross and embracing his insanity even further was funny and cool at the same time. Alisha telling Eddie not to do it, and hello when even if your Parent told you to not to do something it made you want to do even more. Why even talk to him Alisha how about call the Cops we are seeing a possible Murder going on and to me did they kill off Kross? I mean Kross has been troubles with Impact and his Contract wanting out, is this their way to get him on TV for a few Months to cool off? I hope that, but safe to say Kross is going to be badly scarred up if Eddie didn't kill him.

Moose vs Dreamer. Fine I'm not going to see a banger of a Match because of how slow and lethargic is these days, but good enough to get some heat for Moose vs Rvd heading into Slammiversary.

I found the Segment where Taya went to Rosemary's Home hoping for some aid vs Su Yung and Havok funny and stupid at the same time. Taya is a Heel, she shouldn't need anyone to help her you're on your own lady. Also lol thinking Rosemary would actually give her a Title Shot straight up. The Su Yung vs Valkyrie Match was okay, but the Story he is were getting a Monster's Ball out of it!! This is for sure a Playhouse for Su Yung, Rosemary, and Havok, but will Taya come to play as well? People don't understand Taya can take to the Extreme, she did in in Mexico, and in Impact a few times, but this is a different Animal. I can easily see Taya just hiding at all cost and letting the other three ladies merk each other to death, for her to pick up the scraps later.

Cocky Ace Austin just got folded as we saw the return of MAN..I MEAN THE RETURN OF SUC...TJP. TJP is back in Impact Wrestling which is actually like a Debut, because he never really wrestled as himself, and when he did Impact put him back with a Mask or Costume. I hope they have a plan for TJP because he beat Austin one of their future talents that is going to be important to their Company so don't fuck it up Impact.

Rich Swann vs. Michael Elgin vs. Johnny Impact. Another fun Match with all parties involved as it bridges the gap of the two feuds together into one. Swann getting revenge for Mack as he got the win was cool and it shows maybe down the line he'll be in the hunt for the Impact World Title. I was going nuts when Cage showed up, didn't expect that like TJP and he easily kicked Elgin's ass here. I would of rather of had either guy touching the other let that happen at the PPV, but still it was a great moment to see Cage is okay and ready to give us the Hoss Battle of the Year with Elgin.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information