Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2019: We killed Allie once

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2019: We killed Allie once

The AXS era of Impact starts next week and then the premiere of Impact on AXS on the 29th!

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Great to hear Tuesday will be their new time and slot. I didn't like the Friday Night spot at all it forced me at times to watch the Show the next day because I was either watching something else Wrestling related, or tired from work. I really hope this news for them with AXS really becomes a God send for their Company.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I'm just hearing that Jonny Impact/Morrison or whatever else you want to call him has or is going to resign with the WWE.

Apparently PWInsider are breaking the news but I heard it on WhatCulture Wrestling.

Another loss for Impact and a good addition to the midcard for the WWE with the upcoming Draft though I've never overly rated him. Find him bland.

"LET ME IN.."

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    I'm just hearing that Jonny Impact/Morrison or whatever else you want to call him has or is going to resign with the WWE.

Apparently PWInsider are breaking the news but I heard it on WhatCulture Wrestling.

Another loss for Impact and a good addition to the midcard for the WWE with the upcoming Draft though I've never overly rated him. Find him bland.
    Well that pretty much guarantees in my mind then with him leaving Taya probably leaving once her deal is done as well.

Curtain Jerker

Status

im wondering why we dont see more of u yung, she is my favorite

On Vacation

Status

It's funny how after the last few Years of Weddings that Impact would be saying no no to anymore. The Weddings have always been some of the most funny, and chaotic Shows and we got that again during Cage and Melissa's Wedding. Sami Callihan has all the perfect heat going for him now after him hitting Melissa over the head with the Bottle knocking her completely out. You would think like earlier in the Show you had Security keep away oVe, somehow those guys were too drunk to be there to stop Sami from the Afterparty. He set it up so perfectly as well because he was praising Cage wanting to see his best, but then he does that trying to hit Cage and accidentally hits Melissa!

The North should get praise from this Show as well especially Ethan Page. The North came out dressed up as LAX sticking it to their fans and Konnan that they beat them and they had to leave. The Match with RVD/Rhino was okay, but I wonder if this is going to be a continued thing with Konnan putting together teams to defeat The North? Some other stuff to talk about this Show with Tessa getting in for the X-Division Ladder Match happening at BFG. Tenille looked better than her previous Matches in Impact getting a win over Madison Rayne. Don Callis was hilariously calling Madison a 15 and then a 17 time Knockouts Champion during the Match and it meant nothing during the Match after taking the L.

Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 09-28-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

when impact movies to axs will it cease o twith? i dont get axs channel and i still want to see impact, i dont mind watching it the next day if a repeat is shoow, but where can i see it?

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by skermac View Post
    when impact movies to axs will it cease o twith? i dont get axs channel and i still want to see impact, i dont mind watching it the next day if a repeat is shoow, but where can i see it?
    Well one of the things I remember Impact talking about when they decided using Twitch was to put more eyes on the Product giving more fans chances to see it. If I had my guess and I could be wrong here, it would be smart to keep using Twitch whether or not the Shows will be on there the same day who knows. I could easily see them scrapping it though seeing a though they have been using the Impact Plus App to put Shows on lately as well.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

For all the good Impact is doing at the moment, its so awkward watching them drag Shamrock and RVD out of the retirement home. Both guys just look so old and and broken thesedays that its embarrassing that we're meant to take them seriously.

I'm still digging Tessa's storyline and this week was a great example of how Impact are handling this thing so well. She takes it to little guys like the Crist's Brothers but Fulton is too much for her. I've said it before but I really enjoy they aren't going to overboard with it, I mean if this was WWE booking this Charlotte would have already smashed her way through the Mens Roster and be World Champ by now. Tessa's still a woman trying to break into the "boys club". Its the one thing I look forward too each week in Pro Wrestling seeing how the Tessa story is advanced.

The wedding segment was really well done. And Sami bottling Melissa was executed well, it didn't look like a contrived and awkward wrestling spot where Sami might have to overreach and Melissa put herself in harms way. It looked like a natural/believable accident.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    For all the good Impact is doing at the moment, its so awkward watching them drag Shamrock and RVD out of the retirement home. Both guys just look so old and and broken thesedays that its embarrassing that we're meant to take them seriously.

I'm still digging Tessa's storyline and this week was a great example of how Impact are handling this thing so well. She takes it to little guys like the Crist's Brothers but Fulton is too much for her. I've said it before but I really enjoy they aren't going to overboard with it, I mean if this was WWE booking this Charlotte would have already smashed her way through the Mens Roster and be World Champ by now. Tessa's still a woman trying to break into the "boys club". Its the one thing I look forward too each week in Pro Wrestling seeing how the Tessa story is advanced.

The wedding segment was really well done. And Sami bottling Melissa was executed well, it didn't look like a contrived and awkward wrestling spot where Sami might have to overreach and Melissa put herself in harms way. It looked like a natural/believable accident.
    For sure the Segment was great and it made it even better seeing the whole Roster in awe of what Sami whether they were Heel or Face. Sami even saying sorry after it was a nice touch as well. Cage next week buddy is going to be crazy!

Fearless University

Status

Another good show this week. Just some fun, quality Wrestling TV lost in the hype around AEW, NXT and SD on FOX.

I said it about AEW, but Impact do it well too of making people feel like Stars. Pretty much everyone who is on TV regularly feels important.

I'm still waiting for Tenille to blow me away though. I cant help but feel like her hype has outgrown her actual talents.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Another good show this week. Just some fun, quality Wrestling TV lost in the hype around AEW, NXT and SD on FOX.

I said it about AEW, but Impact do it well too of making people feel like Stars. Pretty much everyone who is on TV regularly feels important.

I'm still waiting for Tenille to blow me away though. I cant help but feel like her hype has outgrown her actual talents.
    I agree with you ETE, a good balance of actual Wrestling and Backstage Segments as the push heads for Bound for Glory. Sami Callihan continues to impress in his feud with Cage loving his actions like only he can to piss off Cage further into attacking a "fan". I hope the Match at BFG meets the hype because he needs to. Hogan vs Rayne vs Dashwood was a solid Match and the connection with the fans of Impact is not working out so far for Tenille. I don't know why Tenille is fooling around with those two when she should be fooling with Taya headed to their Knockouts Title Match. I was waiting for Taya to show up after the Match and attack her, but nope nothing at all.

Hooray said no one ever we got the In Ring Debut of Johnny Swinger. Now he might look like a Million Bucks still he looks hokey, but doesn't mean Impact won't be able to find some kind of niche for him. I love Callis the past few Weeks especially during the first two Matches of the Shoe he was in his own way putting down Swinger. The North found out this Week that they'll be defending The Impact Tag Titles versus Rhino and Rvd, to go along with Swann and Mack. It pisses them off so much to the point where they mugged Konnan. Eddie Edwards with Kenny defeated Reno Scum further showing how gone he is these days to want Kenny 2.0 as his partner rather than someone on the Roster. Ace Austin is using all of this to get closer to Alisha and more than likely she's going to jump on board with him.

Daga vs Bey was one heck X-Division battle with a spot on the line to be in a Ladder Match vs The Golden Draw for the X-Division Title. Bey was over and showed plenty of skills to warrant Impact putting him on more often. Daga I wonder what Impact has plans for because he barely got any reaction at all even though he was doing his thing out there as well. Daga and Tessa have a relationship going in real life so I wonder if they bleed that into this Match coming up to the point Daga turns on her and thus ends the feud with oVe and Tessa, and starts a new one.

Safe to say even though I thought Moose vs Shamrock had no traction at all, that might of changed with this Press Conference this Week. Shamrock and Moose both took shots at the other and Shamrock saying to Moose he calls himself Mr.Impact yet he doesn't have a Championship around his waist killed me. Moose smacking Shamrock was perfect in the moment bravo fellas. TJP vs Elgin was a great Main Event for the Show this week too bad the fans were too dead for my taste. Elgin is still in the running for MVP for Impact this Year and he keeps proving he can go with anyone on the Roster and did it again with TJP.

Status

Decided to watch a full episode of Impact for the first time in a good while, so I checked out the October 4 edition on Impact Plus.

Sami Callihan is continuing to own it as the top heel. If he's not in your top 5 or 10 at the very least in terms of best heels this year, you're out of your mind. I do want him to actually beat Cage at BFG. I like Cage but I think people get too excited seeing his physique and then seeing the aerial spots he does. He's good and all, but he isn't a "draw" for me personally, so I'd be happy to see Callihan take the Impact World Championship at BFG and then possibly lose it to Tessa a little while later. Everything that happened on this episode regarding their feud was pretty standard stuff. Cage accidentally throwing the "fan" just doesn't carry the same weight as Sami smashing a bottle over Melissa's head last week.

Poor Eddie Edwards. Dude is in way too deep now, he's pretty much become Tommy Dreamer's shit for brains son at this point. Would have expected so much better from him in the early 2010s.

As far as the women's situation goes, I'm pretty uninspired by everyone not named Tessa Blanchard right now. Most of the Knockouts can go in the ring, I just don't know if they have the personalities to back it up. Then there's Tenille who is a pretty big name but also someone whose hype I can't really understand or justify.

Daga vs. Chris Bey was good but a little bit too cookie cutter X-Division style stuff to be great. They also didn't have quite enough fluidity to make their spots come off very believable so you have a situation where it's like blatantly obvious the whole thing is choreographed.

Moose just doesn't do it for me at all. The guy feels super out of his element playing the character he's playing. His promo chops are just not polished enough to pull off this Nature Boy-esque persona. I was actually super impressed by Ken Shamrock in their confrontation, though. Where Moose felt like he was playing a character and trying to get his lines out, Shamrock felt 100% authentic and brought the needed intensity to this kind of face off.

Elgin vs. TJP was a very good main event. Both dudes can bring the goods and I felt they did so here. It was a pretty inconsequential match in the end but a fun little exhibition nonetheless.

All things considered it was a solid show. Not a painful hour and a half to sit through by any means. The in-ring action definitely delivered and certain people on this roster such as Callihan, Blanchard and The North really feel like they're in the perfect roles where I'm actually really engaged in what they're doing. But on the other hand, I have to say that the likes of Moose, Edwards and Cage just don't really feel "right" with the gimmicks they're portraying or the pushes they're receiving. In Eddie's case, I just don't like his character at all and it feels like a waste of a good wrestler. With Moose, he just seems miscast and unfit for his gimmick. Cage is the Impact World Champion but he doesn't feel to me like he's the main attraction on this roster by any means. Aside from that, the biggest drawback to this show is the lack of excitement from the crowd. I know this has kinda plagued Impact for years. I don't know how or if they can address it. It just takes something away from the experience for me when the crowd is dead for most of the show and you just get scattered cheers here and there for the big moves and punchlines. Luckily, I'm sure the BFG crowd will be game and Impact will once again exceed expectations with their big PPV coming up. Hopefully things continue on a positive trend and Impact gets back to drawing fans who are excited to be there and enjoy the wrestling.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Aside from that, the biggest drawback to this show is the lack of excitement from the crowd. I know this has kinda plagued Impact for years. I don't know how or if they can address it. It just takes something away from the experience for me when the crowd is dead for most of the show and you just get scattered cheers here and there for the big moves and punchlines. Luckily, I'm sure the BFG crowd will be game and Impact will once again exceed expectations with their big PPV coming up. Hopefully things continue on a positive trend and Impact gets back to drawing fans who are excited to be there and enjoy the wrestling.
    It's the exact reason I can't watch Impact anymore even though I know I'd probably enjoy the product. I tried to watch a full episode back in 2018 after not watching for ages and even though I knew I was liking what I was seeing, the crowd were silent for everything. I remember Callihan hitting Ortiz with a Piledriver off the apron through a table, and you'd think he'd done just a bargain basement shoulder tackle with the no noise the crowd made. It really makes their shows unwatchable for me

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

Fearless University

Status

Impact continues to pull me in. I started watching just for the Tessa stuff after catching a few segments but there's so much else to enjoy. I'm loving the Sami and Cage feud for the World Title. It'd be easy for this feud to feel like a nothing program as they build Tessa up to take the Title off Sami in time to come, but this still feels like a big feud.

The one I will say though Santos eating a Piledriver didn't have the same impact it once would have, not when Tessa who has taken that move a few times before and shown no ill effects other than losing a match is laying a few meters away from Melissa.

But even the stuff with Shamrock has been surprisingly good, even at his age its been a fun program.

Status

Impact Wrestling Preview
    October 18, 2019

The Final Entrant

Who will be the final entrant in the X-Division Ladder Match at Bound For Glory? Will it be Rohit Raju vs. Sabut with the winner going to Chicago.

Tessa Blanchard, Daga and Ace Austin are in, as well as X-Division Champion Jake Crist. Then the question becomes who will climb the ladder at Bound For Glory and secure the X-Division Championship hanging high above the ring?

Michael Elgin vs. Fallah Bah

Michael Elgin vs. Fallah Bahh goes down on Friday in a heavyweight collision. This match takes place just 2 days before Elgin faces Marufuji at Bound For Glory. Can Elgin make it to Chicago unscathed? Can Fallah Bahh figure out a way to defeat Unbreakable?

Triple Bound for Glory Implications

Friday night on IMPACT Wrestling there will be triple Bound For Glory implications when Josh Alexander steps into the ring with Rhino and Rich Swann. For Rhino and Swann it is a scouting opportunity and for Alexander it is a chance to find a weakness in his opponents. Because on Sunday at Bound For Glory, each man will be joined by his partner with the World Tag Team Titles on the line LIVE on Pay Per View.

Last stop for Jake Crist

Jake Crist vs. Chris Bey goes down Friday and this is the last stop for Jake Crist before he gets to Bound For Glory on Sunday.

Can Jake escape the talented Chris Bey and make it to Chicago unscathed? Jake has a huge championship defense waiting him and 4 opponents who want his title!

Fuck it. I'm trying to follow Impact a bit more closely again.

This is the final Impact before a promising Bound For Glory this weekend. Not much of note is really being advertised here, as you can see. Sabu vs. Rohit is really the only the match with any stakes here. I am looking forward to Crist vs. Bey though. I saw Bey wrestling Daga two weeks back and he really looked impressive. So hopefully, this is the beginning of him being a more regular fixture on the show, even though he unfortunately won't be a part of the X-Division ladder match at BFG.

Status

And speaking of which, I just watched the October 11 edition of the show.

First of all, I love Ace Austin. Dude comes out with an Ace Austin 3:16 shirt that says "I just banged your wife" on the back. Then he makes out with a couple of plants in the crowd on the way down. Of course, the shirt is in reference to the storyline where Austin is trying to sleep with Alisha Edwards. This match has been a long time coming. It wasn't anything special, I have to say. Mostly a brawl that ended up with Reno Scum coming out and interfering to help Austin win and keep his place in the X Division ladder match at BFG. Meh.

I don't really get what Impact sees in the Desi Hit Squad guys to be putting them in a fairly prominent position. I mean, they got a win here over The Rascalz who I feel are a much more appealing act. And I don't understand it because The Rascalz are competing at BFG but the Desi Hit Squad are not. So why not give that momentum to The Rascalz? Hopefully The Rascalz will at least win their six-man tag match against the luchas at BFG and in line for bigger things.

Still not feeling Moose. Don't think I'll ever see him as a major player. He's had a few matches I've liked but he seems like the exact kind of guy who, if he was in WWE, people would say he was only getting pushed because of his size. Which I think is possibly the case here as well. But it's also probably a result of Impact just not having that many marketable guys in the last few years. They're doing better now with the rise of Callihan and Blanchard, and bringing in the likes of Cage, Elgin, Swann and Ace Austin. So hopefully he stays in that midcard level. But honestly, I just don't think he's got much to offer me. Shamrock was awesome in the staredown on the October 4 show, but seeing him here, coming down to the ring and fighting with Moose, the dude was stiff as a board. And I don't mean he was throwing stiff punches, I mean he looked damn near immobile. I can't see that match going well at all.

The Knockout's division is interesting to me. I mean, you've got this group of like 'dark' ladies, such as Rosemary, Su Yung and Havok who kind of occupy the same lane. There's Taya Valkyrie and Tenille Dashwood who I kind of lump together as the more traditional "big names" in the division. Then we've got the likes of Jordynne Grace, Kiera Hogan and now Katie Forbes joining the fold. I think they all have their positives but will any of them be consistent factors? I'm not sure. Grace seems most promising. She's like a female Michael Elgin, almost. Kiera seems a little green, but I like her. I didn't get much of a read on Katie Forbes in her debut, but she showed some decent moves. Her whole gimmick right now seems to revolve around twerking, so I feel like that's gonna limit her quite a bit. But then again, Megan Thee Stallion is pretty huge in pop culture right now, so maybe riding that same wave isn't such a bad idea. Anyways, what I'm saying is the Knockout's division could use a little work.

Main event of Tessa and Daga vs. Fulton and Dave Crist was pretty good stuff. The match, as well as the segment before it, sold me a little more on Daga. Tessa was great as always. Fulton looks like a total beast but really, if you had to face anyone in oVe, you'd probably want Fulton. He's obviously the bottom of the dog pile. The little post-match beatdown oVe put on Tessa and Daga didn't really change that perception for me.

Crazy how Brian Cage shows up to end the show, having just got out of jail or whatever, goes to the ring to whoop oVe's asses and the crowd just totally no-sells his arrival. They gotta put the title on Callihan at BFG because he at least gets a rise out of the fans anytime he shows up.

This episode was another pretty enjoyable one for me. Two weeks in a row of watching the show, I'm thinking I'll keep it up. I'm really looking forward to Bound For Glory, which they've been calling the culmination of their redemption story. I think that's quite accurate, as they've seemingly finally ironed out what they're trying to be and built a stable roster. I mean, there's still room for improvement, as you can tell by my review, but for the most part I feel things are in a much better place than they've been in a while. The move to AXS could be a game changer for them and hopefully that increased exposure will result in more and more people giving them a chance again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information