Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2019: We killed Allie once

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2019: We killed Allie once

Pretty entertaining Impact this week boys and girls. Grace vs Hogan was a very good opener as it continues the beef between Rayne, Hogan, and Grace. I would say though Rayne Commentary was rather annoying, she wants to be the old Rayne, but that can't happen she needs to understand sometimes your time has passed, and I feel her past has passed. Still Hogan as a Heel is way better than her as a Face, and she looked good out there vs Grace. Grace now has to deal with two ladies, let's see how she handles this problem.

Taya asking Rosemary's help was downright funny to me. She asked for it before and Rosemary got nothing from it, well she did into the Monster's Ball, but that wasn't because Taya wanted to give it to her, rather Mitchell make up the Match and everyone agreed except Taya. Rosemary pretty much said fuck off Taya, my Contract is up...MY CONTRACT IS UP..and unless you make it worth my while I'll rather see you get destroyed.

The Segment with Tessa and Sami was freaking great. One moment you have Sami giving Tessa props for her toughness and fight she showed vs Callihan, then he makes you hate him again when he pats Tessa on the butt expecting not to take a beating there. It was damn effective and it make me hype for their rematch with the stakes ever so higher for the Unbreakable Show.

Moose beating down a jobber Steel is not the Story here, even know he nearly killed Steel with the Spear, not it was Moose displaying his frustrations with Impact Management. He wants opportunities and he's done playing their Games, and I feel he deserves them, problem is Elgin and Cage aren't done with each other yet.

Bravo taking one of the team let's have Sex Havok, or you'll be sorry. Havok I don't know if Impact is planning to give her The Knockouts Title, but they need to do more with her rather than stupid stuff like this.

RVD vs Willie Mack. Pretty competitive and it seems RVD was more agile and game more than any other Match I've seen from him, since arriving back with Impact Wrestling. Negative though the loss also kills any possible momentum Mack had coming out of Slammiversary. Why is RVD still a thing?

Ace Austin really you did the Dick in the Box Trick and paid for it, kinda childless to do, but that is his Character.

Swann vs Crist. I thought this Match was a very good bout and I expected as much considering the number of times these guys have been in the Ring Months back. It took some doing, but if you break down the Match without the antics it's still a very good Match to watch and easily the best for this Show. Sami says oVe won the championship and he’s proud of Jake. Jake says he did what Sami couldn’t do and wants to be the Golden Draw from now on. Sami says that’s stupid because it’s silver, but Jake says it’s white gold.

Cage vs. Michael Elgin. I liked this for the most part, it continues Elgin vs. Cage without giving away another match. Elgin looked dominant and Rhino should be a placeholder feud for Elgin until they go back to he and Cage. I still hope though Rhino gets his, you can't expect to get one over on Elgin twice and not expect the third time he's not going to cripple you and you to the list of guys sent to the Hospital.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Nope, Impact allowed him to appear on Raw. It does nothing but positive things for them in their current state anyway.
    Oh fair play, that's cool

"LET ME IN.."

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Why would you have Willie Mack, a man who should be being built as a star in the company lay down for RVD? RVD and to a lesser extent Rhino shouldn't be picking up singles victories over guys who are better than them these days. Have them about picking up victories in tag matches, or squash matches, heck even the odd win in a longer term feud, but in one off matches they need to stop doing it.

On a sidenote...now Swann has dropped the X-Division title, do we see him going up for the World Title in the near future? Elgin is temporarily busy, then we have the winner of Sami vs Tessa next in line...and assuming Sami takes the title from Cage...Swann could be a cracking first opponent given their recent history.
    I have a plan so cunning......

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Why would you have Willie Mack, a man who should be being built as a star in the company lay down for RVD? RVD and to a lesser extent Rhino shouldn't be picking up singles victories over guys who are better than them these days. Have them about picking up victories in tag matches, or squash matches, heck even the odd win in a longer term feud, but in one off matches they need to stop doing it.

On a sidenote...now Swann has dropped the X-Division title, do we see him going up for the World Title in the near future? Elgin is temporarily busy, then we have the winner of Sami vs Tessa next in line...and assuming Sami takes the title from Cage...Swann could be a cracking first opponent given their recent history.
    That was my thought process when it comes to Swann. The Swann vs Elgin Match Months ago and the Triple Threat adding in Impact were great showings for Swann and given the opportunity it could work seeing him come up and challenge for the Impact World Title. I think if Sami wins it, would put even more of an effort towards the feud knowing his brother Swann is apart of it. Totally agree with your statement with Mack too. I don't know why Impact's Unbreakable is going to be on Impact Plus. I don't have it personally, but I'll be able to see the next day, but I don't get the reasoning for that at all considering the Main Attraction is Sami vs Tessa 2 and everything else doesn't blow me away. Big Poppa Pump teaming up with Thick Momma Pump does make me happy though.

Real Women of Genius

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Tessa/Sami II from this weekend was pretty grand stuff again.

Tommy Dreamer coming to her rescue and putting her over as someone who shows the spirit of ECW can get in the fucking bin. I'm sick to death of hearing about ECW 20 years almost after their relevance.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Tessa/Sami II from this weekend was pretty grand stuff again.

Tommy Dreamer coming to her rescue and putting her over as someone who shows the spirit of ECW can get in the fucking bin. I'm sick to death of hearing about ECW 20 years almost after their relevance.
    Safe to say Ed I'm wrecked from watching The G1 Climax the past two days, and yesterday I watched Impact from Friday and Unbreakable back to back. If I had to say what to watch from Impact on Friday, The Rascalz vs The North for the Tag Titles one of my favorite Tag Matches from the Year, and the Multi-Man X-Division Match for the Number One Contendership were awesome to watch.

Unbreakable was up and down for me. Elgin vs Edwards outside of Sami/Tessa 2 were the Matches that stuck out to me. I can't forget in saying Impact needs to fully sign Bey, Danny Limelight, Adrian Quest, and Mambo who looked great during Impact's Shows this week.

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

Bit too much Impact for me this weekend...it all seemed to just blur into one haha.

I'm annoyed again that an older guy went over a guy you need to be building with Rhino over Elgin but can't win them all. The Steiners match had a finish that was bound to happen, and Sami was always going over Tessa again but why the hell did they need Dreamer of all people to come out at the end?

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Bit too much Impact for me this weekend...it all seemed to just blur into one haha.

I'm annoyed again that an older guy went over a guy you need to be building with Rhino over Elgin but can't win them all. The Steiners match had a finish that was bound to happen, and Sami was always going over Tessa again but why the hell did they need Dreamer of all people to come out at the end?
    Yeah Dreamer has beef with oVe going back to when Edward was feuding with them. If anything I rather of wanted to see Swann and Mack come out being that that renewed feud is still going. Still it was a fine Match, just wished more eyes got to see it.

Real Women of Genius

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

So I saw Jordynne Grace got into a bit of a Twitter beef with Jim Cornette/Lance Storm and it got me interested in checking out some of her stuff. Anything you's would recommend?

R.I.P. Lionheart
    17/12/1982-19/06/2019

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    So I saw Jordynne Grace got into a bit of a Twitter beef with Jim Cornette/Lance Storm and it got me interested in checking out some of her stuff. Anything you's would recommend?
    Oh did she now with Cornette and Storm who is Tenille aka Emma's Trainer so they might be lining something up on her arrival. Grace has wrestled everywhere let me tell you anything you find from her honestly is going to be a good watch.

Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs. Jordynne Grace от RealHero на Rutube

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    Oh did she now with Cornette and Storm who is Tenille aka Emma's Trainer so they might be lining something up on her arrival. Grace has wrestled everywhere let me tell you anything you find from her honestly is going to be a good watch.

Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs. Jordynne Grace от RealHero на Rutube

Real Women of Genius

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Well I say twitter beef, her and Lance were having a civil discussion about wrestlers acting in character outside of wrestling, and Cornette done his "Old man yells at cloud" schtick he's been doing for years.

R.I.P. Lionheart
    17/12/1982-19/06/2019

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Champions defending their Titles Night going on for Impact. The North defending their Impact Tag Titles vs Daga and Ortiz. They have tagged in a Six Man before in Impact, but never as a true Tag Team. I wonder if Daga and Ortiz can get back the Tag Titles or will The North be able to hold onto those Titles with the experience factor in their favor going into the Match tonight. Prince is getting a chance of a lifetime winning that multi-contendership Match last week vs The Golden Card Jake Crist. I feel that Match should good, and speaking about opportunities Havok has one as well to end Taya's Knockouts reign. I can't say I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not sure Havok is not where she needs to be right now to rock that Knockouts Title.

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Apparently Marufuji and Dr Wagner Jr. are both going to have matches at Bound for Glory, no idea against who tho.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I believe Marufuji is going up against Elgin, which should be pretty neat.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Apparently Marufuji and Dr Wagner Jr. are both going to have matches at Bound for Glory, no idea against who tho.
    Confirmed for sure? Welp they are doing Rhino vs Elgin next week so I'm happy it won't be for Bound for Glory. Marufuji vs Elgin will be great, and it makes me wonder what is the plan for Cage for the PPV now that Elgin will be taking on the Noah Legend that very night.

When it comes to Impact this week not a bad Show Bahh vs Moose was a really physical opener for the Show. Moose found out never to mess with Bahh during Catering, and while it wasn't easy for Moose he's still rolling and maybe to a Impact World Title program sooner rather than later.

I really enjoyed the conversation Dreamer had with Tessa backstage. He might be passed his prime physically, but the guy can still talk it up when he needs to. Tommy puts her over and her legacy, and says he just wants to make the business better. He wants to help because Tessa’s making a difference in this business. He wants to stand with a great woman for the betterment of wrestling.

Just after that we see Su Yung telling in her own way she's going to kill Havok as if we've forgotten she did the same thing Rosemary and came back from being buried alive

Man I love Su Yung, and I hate some of the things Impact has done with her Character they need to do more of this creepy shit please.

Madison Rayne /Kiera Hogan vs. Alexia Nicole/Jordynne Grace. Solid Tag with Rayne and Hogan working really well together and punishing Nicole who worked the majority of the Match. Post Match stuff was better than the Match to be honest, with Rosemary returning! I've said it before with me saying Rosemary needs to take time off, but they don't want to listen and they keep putting a less than mobile and healthy Rosemary out there for sizzle rather than substance.

Ace Austin is embracing his douchey like attitude trying to get Alisha to break with Eddie. He's tried it all to get into the head of Edwards and it's working! If Alisha and Ace become a thing this feud might truly heat up then, and unless it happens I might not really interested in this feud going forward.

We get a Taya video package with John E. Bravo, she mocks him and makes him walk her dog to go to the bathroom. She makes him pick up the shit with his pocket square. Taya was a spectacular bitch here I liked this Segment as well.

RVD/Rich Swann/Willie Mack vs. The Rascalz: I love Mack & Swann as a team, build them up for a match with the North. The match was good and fun, but didn’t hit that next level think they are capable of.

The Deaners vs. Desi Hit Squad. Technically, the match was ok, but it was just bland and really lethargic and went too long. At least the videos from the farm could be fun.

The Segment before the Main Event with oVe had me dying. Sami is wondering where is Jake and Fulton and they took the Monster to Arby's! We put Monsters in a Cage not take them to Arby so what they can go on a killing spree I'm with Sami here ha.

Tommy Dreamer/Tessa Blanchard vs. Sami Callihan/Dave Crist. This was solid match, with only Tessa bringing some real fire. I wonder if Impact will ever give a win for Tessa over Sami this could of been a good spot to do so.

Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 08-18-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

What's next for Cage? Err Sami. I still say Sami dethrones Cage and Tessa will get her big win against Sami for the title...you just know it's going to happen.

As for this weeks episode...it's a Teddy Long special isn't it? All bar the opener being tag team efforts. I think they need to be upping both Moose and Bah moving forward. Give them something to work towards as they need new main event matches so there's opportunities there.

I'm looking forward to next weeks action...I just hope they do the sensible thing and have Elgin put Rhino in his place.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

What's next for Cage? Err Sami. I still say Sami dethrones Cage and Tessa will get her big win against Sami for the title...you just know it's going to happen.

As for this weeks episode...it's a Teddy Long special isn't it? All bar the opener being tag team efforts. I think they need to be upping both Moose and Bah moving forward. Give them something to work towards as they need new main event matches so there's opportunities there.

I'm looking forward to next weeks action...I just hope they do the sensible thing and have Elgin put Rhino in his place.
    Sounds about right, but that sitdown with Melissa had me wondering if Cage will vacant the Impact Title and thus Sami vs Tessa is the replacement? He hasn't been on TV since Slammiversary and Melissa told us flat out some days he's great, and some days he can't tie his Shoes or stand up.

Elgin better beat Rhino in a War..HE BETTER!

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Sounds about right, but that sitdown with Melissa had me wondering if Cage will vacant the Impact Title and thus Sami vs Tessa is the replacement? He hasn't been on TV since Slammiversary and Melissa told us flat out some days he's great, and some days he can't tie his Shoes or stand up.

Elgin better beat Rhino in a War..HE BETTER!
    Is Cage legitimately hurt or is this kayfabe? I know he's been wanting to do AEW since him tweeting them has made it fairly obvious.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Is Cage legitimately hurt or is this kayfabe? I know he's been wanting to do AEW since him tweeting them has made it fairly obvious.
    Oh he's hurt and it happened with the Match he had with Elgin Months back. I'm just wondering how much at this point, because you never want to see your World Champion not on TV for a long period of time.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information