Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Kings of Wrestling

Heel Champion

Status

Re: The Kings of Wrestling

Got caught up to date with all your shows and man, I absolutely love this project. Honestly mate, it's a captivating read and I love the narrations which I feel make it feel as though you are there. One of the things I really like is that nothing is perfect here. Like things go wrong and shit happens as I myself have been guilty in the past of writing how everything goes right and so forth. Really like your roster and I'm very much enjoying what's happening with Matt Borne. The addition of the trios is brilliant, as I think it will help KOW stand out further to networks and honestly man. I can't say enough good things. Keep doing what you are doing, I'll be reading. Hands down one of the most creative projects I've seen.

Injury Reserve

Status

Diary Entry #3

Eddie Gilbert called me up a night ago. We've been running house shows recently with him headlining. Him being back on the east coast is drawing solid enough numbers for non-televised shows. On the phone he said he's going down to Memphis soon and he's possibly in talks to win the USWA title. Chris Adams is soon heading to Texas to win the strap from the faltering Global Wrestling Federation. Eddie's conversation with me was real spastic but intriguing for sure.

Eddie: Hey! Look I'm going to Memphis in a week or two, I got a thing to do for Lawler and uhhh I might be able to get the strap. It's perfect! Look Chris has the Global belt, I take the USWA, we unify them on your show. Champ vs champ!

Me: Is that legally doable?

Eddie: Fuck I mean like Jerry will be into the idea! He knows business, shit look you gotta break into other markets! This TV deal thing? If we got the southern states interested, that's a whole other quarter of the country. I've booked before, I got some in sight. Here's what we do! Chris takes the GWF, I take the USWA, we fight, he wins, he drops it to Tully. "The King of Wrestling" is on top two promotions. It's right there!

Me: What about Global's position on it?

Eddie: Who gives a fuck? They're fucking done! Couple months tops! They couldn't fucking pay me back in like 92 or 93 and I rolled! Think they got lawyer money? Fuck no.

Me: But Lawler will be on board for it?

Eddie: Yeah. He will be. Absolutely. I don't see why not. Maybe we even do shows together.

Eddie's been around the block. Booked a few territories. I took him up on his idea. He's been working with Lawler for years. Surely this would be good business and help expand our name down south. Assist us further in gaining SportsChannel's ear. Well, Eddie didn't exactly have Lawler in his pocket as I thought. I found out that later.

Injury Reserve

Status

The Kings of Wrestling
    Episode #8
    June 29th, 1994

In front of a venue of 600 people in Maryland, the show opens up hot with a match. Jerry Lynn gets set to go one on one with Rey Misterio Jr. Lanny mentions Rey is making his American debut. The two enter and shake hands before their match.

Opening Match
    Jerry Lynn Vs Rey Misterio Jr.
    The two have an exciting back and forth. They mesh fairly well and get the crowd going. Their exchanges are flashy but fair, no cheap shots just high risks. Misterio hits a top rope hurricanrana and almost puts Lynn away. Misterio has the upperhand momentarily as he tosses Jerry outside but misses a suicide dive. Jerry tosses him back inside and hits a flying crossbody and ends it with the cradle piledriver in a thrilling six minutes.
    Lynn picks up a microphone after the match. He checks to see if Rey is okay after the bell rings. Jerry’s adrenaline is going and his promo sounds nervous and shaky.

Lynn: I thank you for that match. But right now...I wanna get onto something important TULLY BLANCHARD! You ducked out of our match last week! You’re a GODDAMN COWARD! First and foremost! You...you don’t DESERVE to be in the same RING as any of the guys in the back! I know...that bald headed bastard GARY HART keeps you on a leash but if you ever want a real challenge...I’ll be waiting…

-Commercial break-

When the break ends, Tully is walking through the back with his title in hand. Gary Hart and Perry Saturn behind him. A kid is trying to catch an interview but he’s getting brushed off.

Tully: Okay, you want a word?

Hart: Relax Tully!

Tully: No, I’ll handle this one! Listen, Jerry Lynn...you’re a geek. You’re a joke, a bed wetter, a thumb suckin’ mama’s boy! You’re calling out a legend. I gave you a chance, I gave you a couple minutes! You couldn’t get the job done! Hell, it was your second chance! The first time you ended up through a table, looking up at the lights wondering what happened to you! I don’t see any sensible reason as to why you DESERVE a shot at being THE KING. If you want me, go through this man!

He points to Perry Saturn who shakes his head at the camera.

Tully: You’ll see him in action, next!

Open Contract Challenge

Cutting to the ring. Saturn walks out with Gary Hart. Lanny explains that if Perry’s opponent can make him submit, he’ll earn a contract. Hart asks for a challenger to come on down and he gets one. It’s MAXX PAYNE fresh from being shit canned by World Championship Wrestling. He has a prop electric guitar with him.

Submission Match
    “The Executioner” Perry Saturn Vs Maxx Payne
    Payne tries to brawl with Saturn to brief results. Saturn falls to a knee, Maxx lifts up for a gut wrench powerbomb but Saturn yanks him down by his arm. He knees Payne in the neck area a few times and locks in a crossface chicken wing. Maxx taps in no time.
    Saturn places his foot on his opponents neck and walks over him as a show of domination. He grabs the prop guitar and smashes it off the turnbuckle.

Poffo: My God! Gary Hart’s Executioner has proven to be a threat!

Tony Atlas and D’Lo bond

Tony has D’Lo running a wheelbarrow full of bricks around his backyard.

Atlas: DUMP THEM RIGHT THERE DEE-LO!

D’Lo: Yes, Tony sir!

Atlas: DEE-LO, THINGS BEEN TOUGH BUT I STAND BY YOU, YOU STAND BY ME!

D’Lo: Tony, I gotta say-

Atlas: I KNOW WHAT YOU THINKIN’, NEW JACK! THAT IGNORANT BASTARD! HE SCUM!

D’Lo: Yes sir.

Atlas : I’m gone get you some sparrin potnahs soon DEE-LO, YOU FAT, HEFTY, OUT OF SHAPE, WE GON GET YOU ON THE RIGHT PATH SON, JUST STAY WITH ME!

D’Lo looks unsure as Tony smiles proudly.

-Commercial Break-

The final segment of the show is the trios main event. Jericho, Lance and Devon Storm make their entrance with Devon hot dogging and grandstanding. Two stagehands carry “The King” Eddie Gilbert our on their shoulders. His brother Doug and Doink enter behind him.

Main Event
    The Royal Court Vs The Thrillseekers
    Jericho is set to start off with Eddie but Devon back slaps him and tags himself in. The more experience Gilbert easily works him over. He’s much sloppier in comparison and is quickly shit canned out. Jericho gets in and has better results. Eddie quickly tags in Doink. The Clown gets in and as soon as he makes eye contact with Jericho, Chris hurries and tags Lance in. A confused Lance Storm gets in and locks up. Doink pulls him and pokes him in the head with some object. Lance rolls out the ring and we see he’s been busted open.

Devon Storm flies back in and gets tossed right back out by Doink. Jericho has to get in now. He nervously climbs inside the ropes. Doink chuckles at him, turns, and tags Doug in. Doug Gilbert exchanges with a relieved Jericho. Doug irish whips him to the corner. Eddie rakes his eyes and Doug shoves him through the ropes. Eddie hops off the corner and throws Devon Storm into the barrier. A bloody Lance Storm gets back in and brawls with Doug. The blood leaks into his eyes and he falls to his knees. He keeps missing moves from the blood and ends up taking a piledriver from Doug for a one, two, three.
    Eddie slides in and celebrates in front of his brother, who gets shoved out the picture. The camera focuses on Doink laughing at a downed Jericho.

Poffo: Doink the Clown clearly has the mind games working with Chris Jericho, who knows if he’ll be able to pull himself together!

-End of Air-

Jake Roberts wrestle a shoddy dark match this week. I found him backstage earlier and he seemed off. He was laughing to himself a lot and making odd comments. We tried to cut some promos with him but he couldn’t keep it together. I’m concerned to say the least. I'm aware of Jake's demons but I'm not sure how under control they are.

Chris Adams went down to Texas and won the Global Wrestling Federation North American title a couple days after the taping aired. He flew back up and handed me the title. Eddie Gilbert called me up and said things are in motion with Lawler. Saying he's in talks to take the USWA title in the coming weeks and we can set up a unification. I asked what the end game is for the USWA and he said "don't worry, Jerry's on board." I didn't ask him that.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Another great show mate. Part of me is a little sad that things seem to be a bit more functional than they were at the start, as that was some of my favourite stuff, but I understand why you did it. And Tully essentially refusing to take a bump was enjoyable to make up for that.

Surprised you had Rey in such a throwaway part of the last show, though. That dude was absolutely groundbreaking at the time, and you have him here on your shitty little dysfunctional show... doing a six min squash against Jerry Lynn. Felt like you could have made more of that.

The real fun to come, though, is clearly this Eddie Gilbert deal. Given he was well known for burning bridges, this whole mess can only be going one way... and I am so pumped for it. This is gonna be fun.

KUTGW.

Injury Reserve

Status

The Kings of Wrestling
    Episode #9
    July 6th, 1994

The ninth episode is again in Maryland. Chris Adams showed up with the GWF title. Eddie gave me a call saying he was officially winning the USWA strap in a couple days. So Chris had to be on tonight’s show. I needed to get more use out of the luchadors and give them some TV time so it was right to debut Los Gringos Locos in the opening match.

The AAA trio enter first mockingly waving little USA flags before tossing them. The Thrillseekers enter next, Devon showboats while the other two shake hands with fans. Before the match starts, we focus on Lisa Moretti at ringside. She gains Jericho’s attention for most of the bout.

Opening Match
    The Thrillseekers Vs Los Gringos Locos

Devon goes to start off but Jericho quickly tags him out. Chris and Eddie lock up and display surprising chemistry together. They have a good exchange until Eddie tosses Jericho to his corner where he tags in Art Barr. The two beat down Chris who keeps losing the advantage by eyeing up Lisa. Jericho never gets the tag to either Storm and ends up eating the pin out from a frog splash.
    Lance and Devon give disappointed looks to Chris who lays helpless on the mat. Lance goes to assist him but Devon stands back. Lisa claps at ringside, Chris turns his head to look at her one last time before he’s carried out.

Poffo: Doink the Clown’s mindgames have continued to tear down Chris Jericho! One can only wonder what his endgame or even his vendetta against Chris is all about! If he doesn’t get his mind right soon it may tear his own team apart before they have a chance to flourish!

-Commercial break-

In the ring we see D’Lo Brown with Tony Atlas. Tony has the mic.

Atlas: DEE-LO, I PROMISED TO DO RIGHT BY YOU! TO TRAIN YOU! TO BUILD YOU AS A STAR! NOW THAT PUNK BITCH NEW JACK HAD THE NEEEERRVE! TO TRY AND STEAL YOU AWAY FROM ME! TO LEAD YOU ASTRAY! SO I HAD A MEETING AND I GOT A MATCH ARRANGED TO PROVE YOU’RE BETTER!

-"To The Death" by M.O.P. plays-

D’Lo looks bewildered at Tony. The entire Murder Inc. faction walks out. Tammy is on New Jack’s arm.

New Jack: You heard right D’Lo! Your dumbass, Uncle Tom ass trainer begged for you to face our team to prove you better. So let’s do this thing!

New Jack walks up to get ready to wrestle but stops, shakes his head and points to Adam Flash. Flash hits the ring and says “COME ON!!”

Singles Match
    D’Lo Brown Vs Adam Flash

Adam only throws kicks and punches at D’Lo who counters with actual moves. Adam gets tossed into the corner and needlessly blades. He accidentally cut himself too deep, leaving blood to leak all down his shirt from taking a simple bump. D’Lo hits a belly-to-belly and Adam rolls out the ring. A frustrated Flash grabs a chair from ringside to swing at D’Lo. He busts D’lo in the back with it and the bell sounds. D’Lo wins by DQ.
    Poffo: Adam Flash just can’t control himself!

New Jack laughs at the ramp while Atlas holds back Adam Flash. Flash is thrown out the ring and the segment ends.

-Backstage interview with Jake “The Snake” Roberts-

A young kid nervously tries to interview Jake.

Interviewer: Hey Jake! I,-You! You hit Bobby Blaze with the DDT on the floor! You-you took revenge on Chris Candido, you said you would um do it to Tully as well, will you?

Jake: What I said is what I stand by, Tully Blanchard has been a coward for a long time. He called Jerry Lynn a mama’s boy like his daddy isn’t the reason he got into this. I assure you! As certain as a King Cobra is lethal-

Curtis Hughes bum rushes Jake into the wall. They knock over curtains and lights. Candido runs into scene and tosses a chair at him.

Candido: YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE ROBERTS!
    Backstage Brawl
    Jake “The Snake” Roberts Vs Camp Candido

Hughes tosses Jake out the room and the camera follows the brawl. Jake lands a few punches but Curtis has none of it. He chucks Roberts head first into the drywall. Jake crumbles to the floor as he falls out the hole in the wall. Chris spits on Jake. As the two walk off Jerry Lynn runs into the scene and knocks Candido around. Lynn and Hughes brawl to the outside of the arena. Candido catches up and they double team on Jerry. Hughes gut kicks Lynn and powerbombs him onto the hood of a shitty sedan nearby. A “crack” is heard alongside the thud of the hood. Lynn slides off the car. Candido takes off with Hughes in tow.
    -Commercial break-

We quickly to get our final contest. Chris Adams is in the ring with the GWF title on his waist. Doug Gilbert is opposite of him.

Main Event
    “Gentleman” Chris Adams Vs Doug Gilbert

They have a quick bout. A more or less squash to put over Adams. Doug gets in occasional offense. He gains momentum for a rough minute but Chris “hulks” up and shit cans him over the top rope to the apron. Doug thinks he’s going to sneak up and forearm Chris from behind but Adams turns and superkicks him to hell. Chris gets a swift victory.
    Adams has a microphone in hand.

Adams: Tonight I’m calling out the supposed “King of Wrestling”. I’ve watched the cowardly acts and enough is enough! I’m the Global Wrestling Federation CHAMPION and I will put my title on the line to match yours!

-”Hot Stuff” by Donna Summers plays-

Adams looks puzzled. Eddie Gilbert walks out with the USWA strap on his waist.

Eddie: You wanted THE KING of wrestling! You’ll get him Chris. My belt for yours! There can only be ONE KING in this sport and it’s “HOT STUFF” EDDIE GILBERT!

Adams: You want it? You got it!
    The program ends on the two holding their titles up in the air.

-End of Air-

That “crack” that happened when Jerry Lynn hit the hood of that car? That’d be a fractured tailbone. Jerry Lynn is out for 8-12 weeks. I had a major babyface push planned for him but it’s on hold. I’ll have to maneuver someone else into that spot now. Along side that little treat, Adam Flash cut his own fucking head open for no apparent reason tonight. I asked him why and I got a “it felt right!” in response. Whatever. Guys are blading like every show. The Philly crowd was into it, Maryland? Less so. We need to tone it down before we get a rep for that sort of thing.

Tammy’s still livid about the New Jack pairing. Candido has been trying to keep her relaxed about it but she’s appalled by him. I don’t particularly care because I didn’t want her on the show but at the same time how many headaches can one person take? I’ve considered promoting Eddie Gilbert in the promotion so someone else can get yelled at besides me.

Injury Reserve

Status

Diary Entry #4

So, our last TV taping aired with Eddie holding the USWA strap. Days go by. We've already filmed another taping set to air July 13th. The whole big deal with Adams facing Gilbert for the two straps. I got a phone call at my office that I didn't get to. A voicemail was left by Jerry Lawler. It went something like this.

Lawler: This is Jerry Lawler! I got a hold of a tape of your rinky dink show! I don't know what in your clueless fucking mind makes you think you're gonna just take my belt and put it on your show! I've been in the wrestling business a long fucking time and I'll be damned if some failed real estate agent is gonna pull one on me! Tell that cocksucker Eddie Gilbert I got his number too! For fucking YEARS he wanted to book the USWA AND I SAID NO! His dad was Tommy Gilbert but yet every single place he goes he wants to be ME! You better get fucking ready! You haven't heard the last of this shit!

I sat in my office for about twenty minutes, replaying the voicemail, over and over and over and over again. I stopped and called up Eddie's motel. I kindly asked, "So Eddie, what the fuck is this voicemail all about?!". He said something along the lines of...

Eddie: WHAT?! That lying bastard! You-you know he's always fuckin' hated me! I offered to book the territory for him how many times and he pushed me to the fucking side! Like a damn step-child! Fuck him, me and you? We're the future. He's still trying to live out his glory days, he's won the strap like 87 times anyhow. He should THANK US for generating interest. Look it'll work out! I'll call you tomorrow!

I'm so glad I got in the wrasslin' business.

Injury Reserve

Status

The Kings of Wrestling
    Episode #10
    July 13th, 1994

We went a little further south for this show. Ran it in Virginia to an attendance of 800. USWA vs GWF champion. It drew a decent house, biggest one yet. We’re still not turning a profit of anything more than at most ten to fifteen bucks. Enough for a small cheese pizza at the end of the night. I’m very near closing the Sports Channel deal to replace UWF: Fury Hour as their one hour wrestling program. Of course we may ended up bankrupt from what seems like an inevitable lawsuit from the whole USWA title fiasco that would soon hit us. However, a speed bump doesn’t stop the car, it just shakes it up a bit.

The opening segment of the night is Eddie Gilbert entering the arena with the title on his shoulder. He’s stopped by Lanny Poffo. Doug is carrying Eddie’s bags.

Poffo: Eddie, you’re defending the USWA title tonight against Chris Adams. This match could alter the path of your career! A title unification, if you win tonight will you attempt to unify the title with Tully’s crown?

Eddie: First off! TULLY BLANCHARD! There’s only one KING OF WRESTLING! You’re going to face him soon! Before I retire Tully, I’ve got another prize I’ve set my eyes on and that’s the Global Wrestling Federation title! Chris Adams, you might be good, but you’re not great! You’re not fit to be KING! When I drive your head into the mat tonight, you’ll know your place. LET’S GO DOUGIE!

Doug: I’m on it Eddie!
    -Cut to Chris Adams-

Poffo: Chris, you know the stakes tonight! You know what you have to do and what this means.

Chris: I know all about it Lanny, this match is a step away from becoming the best in the sport. To be the very best you have to take on the best and I plan to do so! I’ll be a fighting King when the time comes and believe me, the time is coming!

The clip cuts and we get an opening match. The Three Amigos make their entrance. Murder Inc enter after them. New Jack has a baseball bat in hand that he leaves at ringside. Adam Flash and Super Calo start off.

Opening Match
    Three Amigos Vs Murder Inc.
    Flash and Calo have a botch fest for about forty seconds. They fail on every move. Flash tosses Calo out but Psicosis soon clotheslines him over the top. Killer Kyle replaces Adam. Kyle and Psicosis work a solid big man vs cruiserweight exchange. Killer Kyle chokeslams Psicosis and he rolls outside. Konnan steps in and the two heavyweights clash. Konnan gets the better of him with his agility. New Jack jumps off the apron and grabs his bat. He cracks Super Calo in the back of the leg, outside the referee’s sight. Calo rolls on the floor in pain. He whacks him a couple more times in the back.

Kyle and Konnan both spill outside via a Cactus Jack clothesline. New Jack tosses Super Calo in. Tammy Sytch trips Psicosis outside as New Jack claims the victory on Calo in a very chaotic five minutes. An outraged Konnan hits the ring and shoves New Jack. Jack shoves him back and the referee gets between them.
    -Commercial break-

When we return Konnan and his crew are backstage. Calo is sitting in the corner in pain.

Konnan: NEW JACK! WHAT YOU DID TONIGHT WAS BULLSHIT SON!

Interviewer: C’mon! That’s not called for!

Konnan: CALLED FOR?! He brought a BASEBALL BAT AGAINST US! That SHIT WON’T FLY AGAIN! You better watch your fuckin’ back!

-Interview with Murder Inc.-

New Jack: Watch my back? Man watch your motherfuckin’ back! I’m building an army, you’re just three Mexicans that fly around the fuckin’ ring! You ain’t got the knowledge New Jack has! You don’t have the MUSCLE that New Jack has! (points to Kyle) And now you might not even be Three Amigos since your boy’s wing is clipped! So stay the fuck out my way!

Tammy: You tell ‘em hon’!

New Jack: Oh and before I forget! D’Lo, it’s never too late to join Murder Inc. son, drop that Saba Simba ass bitch and join the best team around!

Flash: Hell yeah!

New Jack: (slaps Adam) Shut the fuck up! Get movin’!

We cut from the heated promos and to the ring with Chris Adam making his entrance. He shakes hands with all the fans and hands his title to the referee. The ringside area is full of wrestlers. Tully Blanchard is seated at the announce table with Poffo. The bout is sold as a locker room sellout. Eddie enters next with a crown on his head and the USWA title held high. Two stagehands are carrying him on their shoulders. Doug is clapping behind him. He’s lifted onto the apron. Eddie holds the belt in Chris’s face and then gives it to the referee. The bell sounds.

Poffo: Possibly the most crucial match both these men have been in up until this very moment! Both men must win but neither can afford to lose!

Blanchard: Don’t be so dramatic Poffo, their most important match is IF not WHEN, but IF they end facing me!

Main Event Title Unification Match
    GWF Champion “Gentleman” Chris Adams Vs USWA Champion “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert
    The two lock up and exchange quick moves. Eddie rakes the eyes in a headlock and takes advantage. Gilbert works the neck of Adams for the middle portion of the match. He hits the peak with a neckbreaker and a two count. Adams gets his comeback when Eddie rolls out in frustration. Chris crossbodys onto him off the apron. The no count-out in main event rule comes into effect. The two brawl on the outside. Adams tosses Gilbert all around the ringside area.

-Mid Match Commercial Break-

We come back as Chris dodges a clothesline from Doug and superkicks him out cold. Chris chucks Eddie over the barrier and knocks him into a few chairs. The two make their way back to the ring but not before Chris is shoved head first into the ringpost. Chris blades and slumps to the floor. Gilbert tosses him inside and goes for the piledriver but he’s back dropped. Adams falls to his knees and bleeds into his eyes. The referee asks him if he can continue and he nods.

Gilbert yanks Chris by the hair but he’s shoved into the ropes and bounces back into a superkick. Adams falls onto Eddie and the referee counts the three. Chris captures the victory in a thrilling ten minutes.
    Poffo: He has done it! “Gentleman” Chris Adams has claimed both titles!

Blanchard: What utter garbage.

Poffo: What’s the issue, Tully? Is there fear in your mind?

Blanchard: FEAR?! I could drop this dork in my sleep! He had to brawl outside to beat Eddie Gilbert! He took a shortcut!

Poffo: We’ll see about that!

Blanchard: MAYBE! Maybe you will! Maybe you won’t! A KING decides what happens in his KINGDOM!

The show ends on a bloody Chris Adams pointing at Tully Blanchard, both belts on his shoulders.

-End of Air-

Well, we drew a nice house. Had a notable main event. Dave Meltzer wrote about it in the Observer, mentioning us as a “mediocre promotion but has some bright spots.” Questioned USWA’s position in all this. Apter covered us again, didn’t throw in any jabs. Gave some publicity to the rare title unification. Said it was a "Exciting moment" in the world of wrestling.

New Jack went a little rogue tonight. His language was off the wall. Potential scare for channels out there to pick us up, fearing we can’t clean ourselves up. Or hell, I can’t have the rep of a raw show then go and censor the whole thing on TV. Well, I guess I can. Our cult audience is present but extremely small at the moment. I have another meeting about the TV slot in the coming days but I’m also leery of this Lawler business that sprung up. Unfortunately he called in after we had already taped it and set to air it. Would I have backed down otherwise? Maybe. I’m not sure. Too late to wonder now though.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status
      Country                    United States

Another very solid episode, my friend. Pretty bummed there was no Doink this week, but I understand not having him on every episode. “New Jack went a little rogue tonight” that was a hilarious interview segment. In the back of my mind after I read these small tidbits of Tammy not being happy with the New Jack pairing I’m thinking she’s gonna end up leaving Candido for him lol.

Excited to see what happens after you hear from Lawler’s lawyers. Hopefully some sort of settlement to keep this going. Keep up the great work man, this is a very entertaining thread. You are a very talented writer, excited to see where this all leads if you land a tv deal.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Good stuff again with the recent shows mate!

I like every time there looks to be an upside, something goes a little wrong. So creative and captivating to follow on and read.

Cool to see the new additions over the last couple of shows and there's some genuine talent in the roster now, among the crazies like Doink & New Jack which makes the show all round very entertaining.

New Jack & Konnan going OFF on the last show had me giggling haha!

Good job mate, keep it up!

"LET ME IN.."

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DieselsKnee View Post
    New Jack: Watch my back? Man watch your motherfuckin’ back! I’m building an army, you’re just three Mexicans that fly around the fuckin’ ring! You ain’t got the knowledge New Jack has! You don’t have the MUSCLE that New Jack has! (points to Kyle) And now you might not even be Three Amigos since your boy’s wing is clipped! So stay the fuck out my way!

Tammy: You tell ‘em hon’!

New Jack: Oh and before I forget! D’Lo, it’s never too late to join Murder Inc. son, drop that Saba Simba ass bitch and join the best team around!

Flash: Hell yeah!

New Jack: (slaps Adam) Shut the fuck up! Get movin’!
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselsKnee View Post
    New Jack went a little rogue tonight.

Still a great booker, this. I give you huge marks for not including Doink even though he has been mentioned as the best thing on here, great restraint to not burn us out on him. Love the little tidbit at the end about you getting a little more notoriety this week due to the main event too. Really excited to see what the fallout will be of all of this. Keep it up, mate.

Injury Reserve

Status

The Kings of Wrestling
    Episode #11
    July, 20th 1994

The title unification match aired and I decided to take some safety precautions this week. I instructed my editor to blur out the USWA title and bleep the “USWA” name altogether. Jerry hasn’t called me again, yet. I have this impending doom looming over me. Impatiently waiting for some cease and desist to hit me. Maybe someone with a ball bat outside my house in the morning. The show has to march on though.

We went back up north to Pennsylvania again. Drew a house of 600. Eddie Gilbert had a talk with me about running a supercard. We have a few tense rivalries going and need to advance more of them at once. I agreed. We booked the Golden Dome in Monaca, PA. Seats 5,000. Don’t see us coming close but I’m hoping to break a thousand. We opened the show on a Chris Adams promo backstage with Lanny Poffo. He has both titles on his shoulders.

Poffo: Chris, you’ve found yourself both the GWF and **** champion, you’ve made it clear you want to challenge Tully Blanchard for his crown. What’s the next step?

Adams: I’m making it official Lanny! August 6th, the GOLDEN DOME, ME AND YOU! All the GOLD in the game! Man to man, champ to champ. You’ve refused to put that crown on the line yet. Prove you’re the KING you say you are!
    -Cut to Tully’s reaction-
    Poffo: Tully,

Hart: KING TULLY!

Poffo: Right. Tully, you’re a disputed champion and you’ve received a challenge from Chris Adams, what’s your stance?

Tully: My stance? A peasant has tried to worm his way into royalty and all I can do is laugh. While you sat at home in your trailer, by yourself! Polishing your two flea market titles, I was at home in my mansion, with my wife, my family, enjoying the best life has to offer! When you were eating a TV dinner I was having filet mignon! Medium rare! What do you know about that Chris? You lost your wife to Steve Austin! You’re going to lose your titles to me too soon! YOU WANT IT?! YOU GOT IT! I’M NOT A FIGHTING CHAMPION?

Hart: Tully, relax! Don’t be so rash! We need contracts! W-w-we need a negotiation for payment!

Tully: ENOUGH GARY! I’ll prove it, listen here. Next week. My title is on the line. I’ll prove I am a fighting champion. But don’t worry about me losing, I’m KING for a reason, and a KING has to set his court in order. Let’s go Gary!

-Cut to the ring-

D'Lo Brown enters the ring with Tony Atlas rubbing his shoulders and hyping him up. Tony puts a towel on D’Lo’s head and has him shadowbox in the corner. Atlas grabs the mic.

Atlas: NEW JACK! YOU BACKWARDS KNUCKLEHEAD DIS-RESPECKTFUL PUNK! YOU GON LEARN WHAT MY DEE-LO CAN DO! SO BRING OUT YOUR NEXT MAN! LET’S SEE WHAT’S-

-“To The Death” by M.O.P. plays-

Murder Inc. walks out in whole. Jack has a mic in hand. Tammy is rubbing his arms.

New Jack: I’M GLAD YOU RANG TONY! Because my man here,KILLER KYLE has been fiendin’ to bodybag a tomato can! And unfortunately your house slave ass isn’t gettin’ in the ring anytime soon! Even if you did I’d want you personally!

Atlas: WATCH YOUR MOUTH, BOY!

New Jack: SIR YES MASSA SIR! Man cut the shit for a day! Focus on how my man Killer Kyle is going to tear apart your boy. In fact let me get a ringside seat for this!

New Jack and Tammy take the only available seats. Adam Flash has to walk to the back by his lonesome.

Opening Match
    Killer Kyle Vs D’Lo Brown
    Kyle powerhouses D’Lo around the ring. Brown gives little offense in return but manages to hang in there. D’Lo almost swipes the win with a surprise roll-up but only garners a two count. Tony loudly shouts instructions to D’Lo as his ass whipping continues. The rookie just turns the tides in the nick of time. Kyle charges him but D’Lo pulls the top rope down and he spills over the top. Kyle lands on his knee awkwardly and hollers in pain. Kyle stumbles in the ring and collapses on his knee. D’Lo improvises and dropkicks the knee out then steals the win with a cradle pin.
    Poffo: D’Lo’s done it! He’s defied the odds and snuck away with the win!

New Jack: Oh what the fuck?!

Kyle stands up in shock but falls back down due to his knee. New Jack and Tony Atlas exchange slurs and harsh language at ringside as a couple teenage officials get between them.

-Commercial break-

After the break, an interview with Chris Candido is conducted. Mr Hughes is behind him.

Poffo: Chris Candido, you and your bodyguard viciously attacked and injured BOTH Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Jerry Lynn a matter of only weeks ago! Yet you stand here with a grin on your face. What’s the nature of your glee tonight?

Candido: That is absolutely RIGHT! I am GLEAMINGear to ear! Because I put that old broke down drunk Jake Roberts in the retirement home and my man Curtis here put Jerry Lynn right in the HOSPITAL! So I think the whole wrestling world owes me a favor! That’s right! It is officially CHRIS CANDIDO APPRECIATION NIGHT ! I got GIFTS lined up! I got CATERING! Join me in the ring tonight Lanny! (blows party whistle)

-Cut to the ring-

A trios match is ready to take action. The two Mexican trios team are already in the ring. We get a quick introduction then the bell sounds.

Trios Match
    Three Amigos Vs Los Gringos Locos
    Eddie and Konnan start off hot with a back and forth. Art Barr tags in when Eddie’s tired and he too exchanges with Konnan. Barr tags Madonna’s Boyfriend in just for him to get thrown outside. The match devolves into lucha chaos once Eddie and Art rush in. They all brawl to the outside and Super Calo botches a suicide dive onto all of them by partially hitting his leg off the guard rail. The bout ends with being thrown out at the teams descend into an insane fight.
    The bell sounds as a no contest but the teams keep fighting. Konnan crucifix powerbombs Spicolli into the guard rail. Psicosis gets beat down by Barr and Guerrero until Calo botches once again by slipping off the top rope and just barely hitting Art. The war goes to commercial.

-Commercial break-

Chris Candido Appreciation Night

Candido makes his grand entrance to a ring full of presents along with a table full of cold cut sandwiches and some cans of Shasta pop. Curtis Hughes stands outside as bouncer. He has an array of guests inside the ring.

Candido: First off, I like to thank the network for shelling out the big bucks on the catering. Second, I’d like to thank all the guests who attended tonight! The THRILLSEEKERS for one! Give it up!

Devon focuses on getting his fix of the catering while Lance and Chris awkwardly wave.

Candido: Okay thanks, alongside them we got a young man by the name of (reads guest list) REY..MASTERO...JUNIOR! Wave to the people! Can you understand me? Ah forget it, and then we have ...Bobby Blaze? CURTIS! REMOVE HIM!

Hughes climbs in the ring and shit cans Bobby Blaze over the top rope. He eats the outside mat on his way down.

Candido: Thank you sir! Now I didn’t want anyone to get bored so I paid for some entertainment! I shelled out a few bucks! After all, what’s a party without a clown?!

-Circus Music plays-

Lisa Moretti walks out the entrance way but there’s no Doink. Jericho spins around and does a grid search of the audience. Doink appears from underneath the apron and crawls into the ring. He has a gift wrapped baseball bat. He swings at Jericho who ducks and he takes out Lance Storm.

Poffo: IT’S DOINK! IT’S DOINK THE CLOWN AND HE’S GOT A FOREIGN OBJECT!

Devon high tails it out the ring with a sandwich in hand. Rey checks on Lance. Jericho backs to the corner. Doink laughs to the ceiling as a frightened Chris Jericho looks on in confusion. He slides out the ring and goes around to drag Lance out by his foot. He carries his partner out to the back and takes a glance to the ring. Doink has stopped laughing and has an evil grin on his face.
    Candido: Oh man this got dramatic fast.

Doink leaves the ring in disgust and exits out the crowd way.

Candido: I was personally entertained! I must say! But, well, just me and you left Masterio!

Misterio: Si.

Candido: I’ve got some presents to unwrap so let’s hop to it! Hopefully you got me something good! Camp Candido is open to recruits!

Candido shakes a few then tosses them when he doesn’t like the sound. He finally opens the biggest one and a KING COBRA pops out the box!
    Poffo: Oh my God!

Candido: The fuck?! CURTIS! CURTIS!!

The snake lunges at Candido who ducks and rolls outside. Misterio exits as well. Candido runs to the back in fear as the program comes to a close.

-End of Air-

We had our highest rated program yet. The curiosity of the two titles drew in a few thousand extra viewers. The deal with Sports Channel is ready to close. I meet with them in the coming days and we’ll see if things work out or not. I need this. If not, we’re dead in the water. I can’t sustain a promotion I’m hemorrhaging funds out of like this. I hired too many people who cost actual money but yet I need them to build the brand. Yet still, we don’t have time to showcase more than maybe a quarter of them effectively.

Tammy Sytch stormed into my office during a meeting Devon Storm about “character development.” She threw another fit and threatened to walk if she had to deal with New Jack a minute longer. I exhaled into my chest, looked up and told her that Eddie Gilbert is the head of talent relations and he can help her out. Eddie Gilbert is not the head of talent relations.
    Last edited by DieselsKnee; 07-05-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Injury Reserve

Status

Diary Entry #5

It's finally done. The meeting went through. Eddie Gilbert and I went as representatives of The Kings of Wrestling pitch for Sports Channel. We inked a deal for 1 year of TV taping that'll be broadcast across America. We're given a budget, not much, but a budget. Money that's not out my pocket for produce television. Starting by the end of July we'll tape for air dates in August. We're given the Wednesday 8 PM time slot. Alongside that they're repackaging our half hour program into one hour episodes as reruns to familiarize the audience. Of course they're censored to death. Completely cut up. Which leads to my next note...

Direct Notes from Sports Channel about content

-New Jack's character MUST tone down his racial slurs and discriminatory dialogue.
    -Blood needs to be toned down.
    -No uses of the words "fuck", "shit", "god damn", "pussy", or any racial slurs. "Bitch" can only be used once an episode.
    -No sexual remarks of any kind.
    -Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard must be featured more often.
    -No man on woman violence of any kind.
    -No uses of sharp objects as weapons ie. scalpels, knives, scissors. Anything kids can easily replicate at home.

I wasn't pleased looking at the paper. I shook my head over and over but what else could you do? Some of it was expected. Less blood? I kind of agree but it's what our audience loves. We're reaching to a new audience though, a much bigger one. This was the dream and now we're living it so we must abide by it to keep it. That's not all though. They do want positive results given how their previous wrestling program "UWF: Fury Hour" flopped. As a special event we're to merge the UWF's main title with ours. Herb Abrams, promoter of the UWF, presented the idea to give the UWF a last bit of life as he's lost funding for his promotion.

In the midst of that we have our first supercard event in the beginning of August, few days after our first new Sports Channel TV taping will air. Hopefully will boost ticket sales. We've hurried to make up a poster to advertise and quickly sort out on the remaining half hour broadcasts we have. We plan to package it on VHS and sell tapes at house shows and TV tapings. Hopefully get a system to advertise copies to mail out on the program. I also must truthfully admit i'm scurrying to dump this USWA title into the unification and move the fuck on and just mail the thing back to Jerry Lawler before he pulls up to my house.

Upcoming Supercard Event

Kings of Wrestling present...
    ROYAL BASH
    Golden Dome, Monaca PA
    August 6th, 1994

Rey Misterio Jr. Vs Chris Jericho

Inaugural Trios Championship Match
    Three Amigos Vs Los Gringos Locos

Open Contract Challenge
    "The Executioner" Perry Saturn Vs ???

The King's Court Segment with "The King" Eddie Gilbert

Street Fight
    New Jack Vs D'Lo Brown

Grudge Match
    Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs Chris Candido

The King of Wrestling Vs The GWF/USWA Champion
    Tully Blanchard Vs "Gentleman" Chris Adams

Little bitta the bubbly!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

That was a fun show, and some big developments there too with the TV deal. Makes sense that they'd want to see your two biggest names featured more regularly, and I'd be more than happy to see Roberts and Tully on a weekly basis for sure. I personally hate everything about New Jack as he's a trash human being, so hopefully he can't abide by the directions of Sports Channel and has to leave, lol. Still fully expecting Eddie Gilbert to fuck you over in some way too!

Things certainly escalated quickly in that Candido Appreciation segment, and overall, I found it to be a very well executed piece of business. I think the reaction of fear from Jericho sold Doink as a truly frightening clown, rather than trying to fight him and avenge that shot Storm took. And the King Cobra reveal was a great way to close things out to have Roberts gift ruining the night for Candido.

Nice job on the poster for your Royal Bash event too. Feels very of that time, and the Champion vs Champion match is a good selling point imo, with other potentially strong matches - or at least strong issues between strong characters - on the undercard. Misterio vs Jericho obviously has the potential to be the showstealer, along with the trios match.

Have to say, as much fun as the shows are, it's your notes that really make this a special, outstanding thread. Just that line alone about Eddie Gilbert not being the head of talent relations made me laugh.

Injury Reserve

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    That was a fun show, and some big developments there too with the TV deal. Makes sense that they'd want to see your two biggest names featured more regularly, and I'd be more than happy to see Roberts and Tully on a weekly basis for sure. I personally hate everything about New Jack as he's a trash human being, so hopefully he can't abide by the directions of Sports Channel and has to leave, lol. Still fully expecting Eddie Gilbert to fuck you over in some way too!

Things certainly escalated quickly in that Candido Appreciation segment, and overall, I found it to be a very well executed piece of business. I think the reaction of fear from Jericho sold Doink as a truly frightening clown, rather than trying to fight him and avenge that shot Storm took. And the King Cobra reveal was a great way to close things out to have Roberts gift ruining the night for Candido.

Nice job on the poster for your Royal Bash event too. Feels very of that time, and the Champion vs Champion match is a good selling point imo, with other potentially strong matches - or at least strong issues between strong characters - on the undercard. Misterio vs Jericho obviously has the potential to be the showstealer, along with the trios match.

Have to say, as much fun as the shows are, it's your notes that really make this a special, outstanding thread. Just that line alone about Eddie Gilbert not being the head of talent relations made me laugh.
    I did think about this when assembling the roster. Professional Wrestling is unfortunately full of absolute psychopaths and it really only gets higher in number the farther back in time you go. Although I find the more explosive personalities to be the most interesting for this form of story telling. Thanks.

Injury Reserve

Status

The Kings of Wrestling
    Episode #12
    July 27th, 1994

We recorded one last half hour taping for air. As mentioned Sports Channel is airing the original episodes grouped together as one hour reruns we delivered a twelfth episode to give an even amount of shows to repackage.We taped this last episode in Pennsylvania to help promote “Royal Bash” in Monaca. Konnan pulled me aside before the show and requested that I give some of the AAA wrestlers a little more time to work together. We talked it out and I agreed. So Eddie and Rey Misterio went on first tonight.

The opening segment is an interview between Gary Hart and Tully Blanchard. Hart has the microphone and Tully has his title in hand.

Hart: I stand here with the KING OF WRESTLING himself! The front runner of the sport! The cornerstone of the locker room! The absolute best the sport has to offer! Tully Blanchard who will put on a display for every fat slob in the audience tonight as he defends his crown! King, what drove you to defend tonight?!

Tully: Ha ha, well Gary I’ve got to let a rookie named Chris Adams have a shot in the upcoming weeks and I feel like I need to be razor sharp! Razor sharp for my title defense so I’m putting the crown on the line tonight! But no fear, this is simply an exhibition! The title’s on the line but there’s no risk when you’re the absolute best!

Hart: Well put!

-Cut to the ring-

Eddie Guerrero makes an entrance to the ring with his teammates in tow. Rey Misterio enters solo. Rey goes to shake Eddie’s hand but Guerrero laughs at him.

Opening Match
    Eddie Guerrero Vs Rey Misterio Jr.
    The two luchadors have a fast paced contest. Eddie slaps Rey on the back of the head everytime he outsmarts him to rile him up. Misterio gets sloppy with anger and loses control. Art Barr and Madonna’s Boyfriend clown Misterio at ringside to his frustration. Art Barr going as far as to toss garbage in the ring to the referee’s dismay. Misterio hits the ropes and suicide dives onto both of them. Eddie Guerrero flying dropkicks Misterio from the top rope soon after. The two lie down then Guerrero tosses Rey back in. Art Barr loses it once he’s up and charges the ring in frustration. Los Gringos Locos beat down Misterio to the DQ loss. The Three Amigos hit the ring and a brawl ensues. The match is stopped after seven minutes.
    Poffo: Hell has broken loose again! The two factions have gone to war with Rey Misterio caught in the middle!

Trainees dressed as guards hit the ring. Konnan starts crucifix powerbombing them one by one. Super Calo suicide dives onto a crowd of guards. Art Barr cowardly escapes during the ruckus, leaving his team behind. The brawl escalates to the back as Psicosis and Eddie are brawling through the gorilla position. Psicosis chucks him into the catering table, knocking cold cut sandwiches everywhere. Eddie tosses the tray at his head and tackles him into a bunch of boxes. Guards intervene as we cut to commercial.

-Long Commercial break-

Poffo: Well we’re back folks and thankfully things have been resolved. Los Gringos Locos and The Three Amigos were escorted to the back in the midst of the chaos. This tense war between factions has escalated and may bring outsiders into the drama as well.

-Cut to the back-

Chris Jericho is seated backstage with Lance and Devon Storm. Devon is giving a stern talking to Jericho. Lance is standing with his arms folded.

Devon: Look all I’m saying is, maybe we need new leadership!

Lance: What’re you getting at?!

Devon: I’m saying Chris is letting us down!

Lance: Well!...You haven’t done much for us!

Devon: I haven’t cost us wins like this guy! This Doink shit is ridiculous! Now he’s facing Rey Misterio at Royal Bash, you gonna embarrass us there too!?

Jericho: ENOUGH DEVON!

Devon: Okay, no need to shout…

Jericho: I admit I’ve screwed up, I’ve let Doink get in my head but I’m ready okay! I’m ready to lead again. I’ll prove it! Me and you next week! You win, you’re the team captain!

Devon: Alright...alright...ALRIGHT, let’s do it! Lance, go get the match approved!

Lance: ...Fine.

-Cut to the ring-

Gary Hart stands in the middle of the ring with the microphone in hand. He kicks the teenage announcer out.

Hart: Dirty whores and fat hicks! Tonight you will witness the UNTOUCHABLE, UNBEATABLE, UNDISPUTED, IMPREGNABLE, IMPECCABLE KING OF WRESTLING! HE SENDS TOMATO CANS HOME BY THE SECOND! HE IS TULLY BLANCHARD!

Tully walks to the ring with confetti guns bursting all around him. Blanchard holds his title in the air. He’s in a boxing style robe. He puts the belt on his waist and shadowboxes to the ring. He sits in the corner with an intense stare on his face.
    Poffo: Tully knows what tonight means! If he loses that title he misses the Royal Bash. He’s at home with no title, no guts, no glory!

Hart: And his opponent...A TECHNICAL ASSASSIN! THE MURDEROUS GRAPPLER! HIS INTENSITY BURNS WITH THE PASSION OF A RAGING FIRE! THAT’S RIGHT! IT’S BOBBY….BLAZE!

Poffo: Oh come on!

Bobby Blaze does the jobber jog to the ring to room shaking boos. Hart holds the title in the air and takes it to ringside. Blanchard takes his robe off and laughs at the bitter audience.

Main Event
    The King of Wrestling
    Tully Blanchard (c) Vs Bobby Blaze
    Tully mops the floor with Blaze. Bobby stands no chance, he’s out witted at every corner. Blaze is taken apart but Tully refuses to end the match by faking kick outs. He pretends to be flabbergasted when he lets the pin go. Blanchard turns to talk to Gary Hart and Bobby sneaks a roll-up pin and gets a two and a half. Tully rakes the eyes of Blaze to get out the pin. He quickly hits the snap-shot suplex and gets the pinfall.
    Blanchard fake cries as he celebrates his title win. Gary Hart runs to hand him his title. They both hug to a round of boos. The livid fans begin to toss garbage into the ring. Blanchard escapes through the ropes and heads to the back as trash is whipped at him and Hart.

Poffo: What a disgusting display! An absolute joke! A farce!

-End of Air-
    Well, we wrapped up an okay show. The AAA teams had a lengthy brawl taking up most of the run-time that seemed to get them over with the fans. Tully got major heat tonight. It worked out. Things seemed to be going smooth heading into our Sports Channel debut. Well, until later that night. I was at the bar with Eddie Gilbert, discussing the promotion and how we’re transitioning onto a bigger station. After the meeting we stumbled to the parking lot Eddie got in his car and flicked the headlights on. I heard a “HEY MOTHERFUCKER!” from behind me.

I quickly turned and found Brian Lawler in my face. He grabbed me by my shirt and threw me against the car and started hollering about me ripping off his dad. Eddie hurried out the car and pulled him off of me. He threatened us both and said “You fucks are gonna get it soon! If you don’t send that fuckin’ belt back your whole show is done!” Lawler ran back to his car and sped off. I looked at Eddie and said “Welp, this is the end.”

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Uh-oh, that Brian Lawler appearance can't be good. Honestly, the backstage stuff in this has me more excited for what's to come than I thought possible. The chaotic, constantly fucking up stuff is just golden, honestly. And at the time of your big event coming up as well. Lovely.

Really enjoyed the lucha issues at the start of this show by the way. For all the crap that keeps going on (I'm guessing New Jack having to reign his behaviour in for TV purposes is the next calamity after this Lawler stuff), it's definitely nice to have something actually exciting to read every now and again as well. So yeah, still good stuff this, and I'm still a massive fan.

Injury Reserve

Status

The Kings of Wrestling On Sports Channel!
    Episode #1
    August 3rd, 1994
    Attendance: 900 (700 Paid/200 Papered)

Our debut taping on Sports Channel arrived. Forty five minutes of airtime felt like new life was breathed into us. The show kicked off with Lanny Poffo introducing the new viewers to the product and the rules set in place. We kicked off right away with a fast paced match between Lance Storm and Rey Misterio Jr.

Opening Match
    Lance “Lightning” Storm Vs Rey Misterio Jr.
    Rey and Lance shake hands and lock up. Misterio is clearly a crisper, more polished wrestler than Storm and leads the match. Storm is outmatched by Rey’s speed and agility. Storm is treated as de facto heel given he doesn’t play to the crowd or give any real emotion. Lance has a moment of domination after avoiding a dive off the top. He almost gets the win with a german suplex but Misterio kicks out. Lance sets Rey up for the superplex but Misterio pushes him off the top and hits a diving frankensteiner and gets the victory in a solid seven minutes.
    Poffo: The always exciting and death defying Rey Misterio Jr picks up a win tonight over Lance Storm! That’s just a sample of the action we have here you tonight! Expect an exhilarating night of contests.

-Compilation of the Chris Candido/Jake Roberts feud-

We transition to a backstage segment with Jake “The Snake” Roberts. He’s doing odd half grins to himself and rubbing his hands together. Something about Jake seems off.

Roberts: Chris Candido! I warned you about how this would turn out. You left me to die, you turned your back on me. You turned your back on a snake. A snake bites! A snake strikes when you least expect it Chris Candido. You get gnawed on, venom seeps into your body, you shut down! Your whole body Chris, is going to shut down. The venom in your case is the DDT.

-Commercial break followed by compilation of the Jericho/Doink feud-

Devon Storm and Chris Jericho make their respective entrances.

Poffo: Jericho has a lot to prove tonight! He’s taken loss after loss and if he doesn’t step up to the plate against Devon Storm he’ll only fall further down the ladder.

Battle for Team Captain of The Thrillseekers
    Devon “Thunder” Storm Vs Chris Jericho
    Jericho wrestles more snug than usual. He gives irish whips into the turnbuckle and some stiff kicks to Devon to work him over. Storm takes a beating for majority of the match with a few cheap shots as offense. He drop toe holds Chris into the turnbuckle and gains momentary control. However he slips up with a botched powerbomb. Jericho grabs his leg and locks him into the Liontamer and submits him in five minutes.

Jericho refuses to let go of the hold and only stops when Lance runs out and talks him out of it.

Poffo: Jericho lost it! Devon got under his nerve and unleashed the Lionheart in Chris Jericho!

-Cut to Tony Atlas/D’Lo vignette with compilation of D’Lo/New Jack feud-

D’Lo is carrying tires on his back as Atlas barks at him.

Atlas: DEE-LO! YOU have this! YOU GOT SKILL! HE PUNK! HE GOT WEAPONS BUT YOU GOT TALENT! YOU CAN’T TEACH TALENT! UNLESS YOU TONY ATLAS!

D’Lo: Yes..sir…

Atlas: YOU HOOK THE BELLY TO BELLY, SPLASH OFF THE TOP! HOOK THE LEG! YOU’RE GONNA BURY HIM!

D’Lo: Is this really the training we should be doing?

Atlas: JUST CARRYING THE DAMN TIRES DEE-LO!

-Cut to New Jack vignette-

New Jack’s on the street in his hometown with Killer Kyle. He has a beer in one hand and a bat in the other.

New Jack: See the difference between me and you D’Lo? I’m from these streets. I know how to street fight. That milk dud ass clown can only teach you how to wrassle. I’m not a fu-, i’m not a wrassler. I’m a fighter. A body slam can’t beat a bat! That’ll be the difference Saturday night. See you soon.

-Cut to the ring-

Super Calo makes an entrance with Psicosis and Konnan behind him. Art Barr enters next with his faction behind him. Poffo sells it as a preview of the Trios titles match at ROYAL BASH.
    Singles Match
    Super Calo Vs “The Love Machine” Art Barr
    Calo has a botch fest with Barr. He misses most big moves by an inch and almost injures both of them several times. The match is okay when Barr leads the pace but anytime Calo has to get big offense he fucks up. Eddie Guerrero trips the leg of Calo outside the referee’s view and it causes tension at ringside. Barr ends up full nelson slamming Calo while he’s distracted and picks up the win in six minutes. The remaining faction members almost break out into a fight at ringside.
    Poffo: Tension is strong between The Three Amigos and Los Gringos Locos! They will settle it Saturday night at ROYAL BASH for the Trios championship!

-Commercial break-

We return to a taping of the title contract signing for Royal Bash. It’s held in a small room with a cheap table covered in purple cloth. A big poster is on the back wall. Lanny Poffo is presenting. Tully Blanchard is on the right side with Gary Hart and Perry Saturn. His title is in front of him. Chris Adams is on the left with the **** and GWF titles in front of him. Reporters are clicking cameras at the signing. The segment has several quick cuts for time purposes.

Poffo: Today we’re signing for the title unification match this upcoming Saturday at ROYAL BASH. “Gentleman” Chris Adams will put his GWF and **** titles on the line, whilst Tully Blanchard is defending his crown, his throne as The KING OF WRESTLING.

Hart: I want to remind everyone of the rules! There is no count out HOWEVER, we still are NOT giving leniency to hair pulling, eye gouging, groin shots, pulling of the trunks, holding the ropes, eye poking, fish hooking, use of any foriegn object, removal of the turnbuckle pad, interference of any kind, stiff elbows to the head-

Adams: That’s not a rule!

Hart: I AM SPEAKING! You wait your turn Mr. Adams.

Adams: This is ridiculous.

Hart: (looks down at Adams) I’ll hold off for momentarily but we will return to this!

Poffo: Let’s allow the combatants to speak.

Tully: I’ll make this swift. You’re a joke. A never was. A one hit wonder. I’m a legend. I laid the foundation for you and it’s time you got out of my house. Second generation champion vs a lost foreigner. Maybe if you go back to Britain and go fight Haystacks calhoun you’ll be a star. Over here you’ll always be number 2 to me.

Poffo: Chris?

Adams: That was cute. But it’s all talk, that weasel right next to you is the only reason you’re holding that title! Jake Roberts had you out cold and he woke you up. You’ve been riding off his coattails for months and it comes to a stop at ROYAL BASH. If he gets in my way, he won’t be getting back up.

Poffo: There you have it. A can’t miss main event!
    -Cut to the ring-

The final segment begins as Doug Gilbert has a quick heel entrance. Jake “The Snake” Roberts enters next setting up our main event.

Main Event
    Jake “The Snake” Roberts Vs Doug Gilbert
    Doug and Jake lock up and have a quick exchange and Jake is clearly gassed. He’s out of shape and tries to hide it by leaning on the corner. Doug throws quick punches and kicks then grandstands to the crowd to buy time. Jake throws some dramatic worked punches back to gain offense. The match devolves to a punch kick affair. The referee is signaled to cut it short and Jake snaps the DDT on Doug for the win in a painful six minutes.
    Jake still gets some cheers from the crowd but it’s not a hot response.

Candido: Oh no! Don’t think you’re leaving in one piece tonight!

Candido appears in the walk away with a bag in his hand. Curtis Hughes is behind him.

Candido: This bloated turd is going to be going home in a body cast! I could’ve died from that king cobra last week! I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU AND EVERYONE WHO LOOKS LIKE YOU! DIRTY BACKWATER FILTHY HICK! LOOK WHAT I’VE GOT FOR YOU!

Chris reaches into the bag and immediately pulls his hand back and screams. He writhes on the ground as we see a snake crawl out the bag. Chris hollers into the dropped mic “SON OF A BITCH!”. Jake smiles in the ring and the show closes out.

-End of Air-
    Well, that happened. First I’m worried about Jake. He’s blowing up in minutes, his promos are off. I had this fear so I’ve been working around using him. But now I have no choice, Saturday will need a lot of smoke and mirrors. Super Calo also embarrassed us tonight. A preview of the Trios division and it’s an absolute farce, botch fest of a match. The crowd reacted but it was so sloppy. Misterio looked good though, we got the feuds over. I hope to God this show goes well. Just this once, just give me this one single night. And please don't let anyone crack my head open in the parking lot.

Tag Team Specialist

Status
      Country                    us=United States

First of all, I love the setting of this. 1994 was my sophmore year of college and wrestling was hard to watch. I was caught between WWF and WCW and both felt cartoonish and so far away from the wrestling my grandfather and I watched. This product would have been a welcome sight. I love reading your shows and really would like to do a deep dive of your BTB down the road as it builds up.

I understand the difficulties in doing an old-school BTB because your audiance could be limited by age group. Bravo for doing something this good in spite of that perception. I'd say that anything well written will eventually gather a solid following the the longer its booked.

-White meat baby face Jericho flipping shit and holding the Tamer on Storm was great. The fact Storm had to talk his partner off the ledge could be spun so many ways and gives you options as a booker.

-The "Tank-Abbott" type gimmick for New Jack is both apt and interesting. Where he fits in this promotion makes me wonder. His ring style was never pretty and spot heavy.... thats fine, but you really need the right opponent for him.

-The first person booker viewpoint is both interesting and unique here. Very few take off, but I'm always interested in seeing it pulled off well. Most of the time, what goes on out of the ring can be just as interesting as what goes on inside it.

Injury Reserve

Status

Royal Bash

Golden Dome, Monaca PA
    Attendance: 1,250 (1,100 Paid/150 Papered)
    August 6th, 1994

The 1994 event of "ROYAL BASH" was placed on a VHS tape and cut together to showcase the quick action and to conserve space. The following details are the matches and the backstage reaction to said event.

Tonight is the night. We had to knock it out of the park on our first supercard. The culmination and continuation of a Summer’s worth of feuds. For everything to go smoothly tonight, I’d need a hundred guardian angels watching over me. Jake Roberts didn’t show up for an hour, I was starting to get nervous. Wondering where he might, what state will he be in when he arrives? The Snake made it though, right before the bell time of the first match. He was in stable and sober condition, I was pleasantly surprised...in the moment.

Onto the program though, our show kicked off with a static screen into a montage of the feuds then lead into Lanny Poffo introducing the supercard and announcing the line-up of the event. The Trios titles match started off the show. Konnan came out in his gladiator attire with his partners behind him, establishing him as captain. Los Gringos Locos entered soon after. The Trios Championship Belts were shown off and the bell sounded.

Inaugural Trios Titles Match
    The Three Amigos Vs Los Gringos Locos
    A chaotic free for all opens the show. Konnan chucks Madonna’s boyfriend over the top rope then Eddie. Konnan and Barr square off for a few minutes until Barr is stunned to the outside. Los Gringos Locos regroup and all storm the ring to beat down Konna. The match devolves into a riot as Psicsosis and Calo dive in. Konnan clears house again, this time he orders Psicosis to set a table up outside. The Gladiator crucifix powerbombs Madonna’s Boyfriend over the top rope and through the table. Art Barr is tossed in the ring by Psicosis and Super Calo splashes onto him and orders Konnan to leave the ring so he can score the pin. He does so and scores the win.
    Calo holds all three titles by himself until they’re distributed. Showing a bit of arrogance on his part. Konnan takes a notable distaste for this. The crowd was hooked early in though with the battle. We took a break from swift action and moved into Perry Saturn’s segment.

-Match Transition-

Open Contract Submission Challenge
    “The Executioner” Perry Saturn Vs “The Z Man” Tom Zenk

Zenk grapples with Saturn and gets quickly taken down. Tom resists a few submission attempts but he receives a belly to belly suplex and gets to his feet only to be caught by a German suplex. Saturn locks him into a camel clutch right after and he submits quickly.
    Saturn stands over Zenk and spits on him.

-Match Transition-

Street Fight
    New Jack Vs D’Lo Brown
    New Jack has a garbage can full of weapons that he chucks at D’Lo. Brown stumbles to the corner and New Jack pulls out some small street signs and starts smacking them off of D’Lo’s arms and backs. He stomps him into the corner until Tony drags D’Lo out by his foot. New Jack knocks the time keeper out and grabs the steel chair he’s sitting on. Jack chases D’Lo around the ring and cracks him on the back a few times. The referee goes to check on Brown but New Jack clocks him with the steel chair. D’Lo gets thrown into the barrier and takes the opportunity to blade. The leader of Murder Inc. gives a few kicks to the bloody head of D’Lo. Atlas goes to throw the towel in but Killer Kyle does a run in and clotheslines him. New Jack grabs a mic. “THIS IS A FUCKIN’ LESSON! I TOLD YOU THAT MOTHERFUCKER COULDN’T TEACH YOU SHIT ABOUT MY WORLD! NOW YOU IN MY WORLD, BITCH!”, he tosses the mic at his downed opponent. New Jack flips off someone in the crowd while mouthing “punk ass white bitch” then gets low blowed by D’Lo.

The rookie gets some offense by hitting a belly to belly on the mat outside. D’lo takes a look at the chair for a moment, then slowly reaches for it, embrace it and batters New Jack senseless with it. He throws Jack into the announce table and bashes his head off the top of it. Lanny Poffo stands back as blood flies off Jack’s head as well. Brown chucks him head first into the ring post right after. Killer Kyle steps in and chokeslams D’Lo. New Jack crawls in and gets the pinfall from a second referee. Ending the trash brawl in a violent ten minutes.
    Kyle carries New Jack out but he stops for a moment and looks at D’Lo. Jack smirks a little and limps to the back.

-Match Transition-

Singles Match
    Chris Jericho Vs Rey Misterio Jr.
    Chris and Rey have a fast paced contest that’s mostly clean. Jericho does show a rougher side of himself when he grabs the laces on the back of Misterio’s mask to yank him off the top rope. Misterio almost gains the win with a frankensteiner pin combination but Chris just faintly escapes a devastating loss. Chris begins to panic and gives a stiff elbow to Misterio's face and suplexes him onto the mat. Jericho captures the victory with a pinfall after a moonsault off the top.
    Post match Jericho showboats but comes down to earth and shakes Misterio’s hands. The two embrace and he raises Rey’s hand to applause. As he turns to exit, Lisa Moretti wheels a casket out to ringside. Balloons are tied to the edges of the lid. Chris cautiously approaches it. He looks at Lisa to make sure she backs up. He opens the casket and finds Doink’s wig and gear. He looks puzzled then the lights go out. They come back on and Doink’s behind in torn up street clothes with messy face paint on. Doink beats Chris down and tries to toss him in the casket. Misterio hits the ropes and suicide dives out the ring but misses Doink and lands on Lisa.

Doink stomps on Misterio which leaves Jericho room to return the assault, however he just stands back. Lance Storm rushes out to make the save with Devon Storm very slowly walking behind him. Doink disappears into the crowd. Lance tries to snap Jericho out of it until we transition to a backstage segment.

It was time for Jake’s match and we couldn’t find him. He was just fucking there in gorilla and suddenly he was gone. I had Doug Gilbert and Devon Storm flying around the arena looking for him. I was pacing back and forth with Candido all whilst flying through a Humphrey Bogart amount of cigarettes. I hurried to rearrange the card and sent Eddie Gilbert out to do his segment. We hadn’t really planned much for it, he’s a natural talker so I let him write his own skit. This was my biggest mistake of the night.

The King’s Court with “The King” Eddie Gilbert

Eddie: Jerry Lawler! If you want your fuckin’ belt, COME AND GET IT! Come up here and we’ll settle it like men! Don’t send your punk ass son to do your dirty work! You fuckin’ gutless turd. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THAT PIECE OF SHIT JERRY LAWLER! That worthless fat fuck has ruined more careers than steroid abuse, held downe every single talent so he can stay at the top! We know who runs USWA you fuckin’ shit! So if you want a war, COME GET A WAR!

Gilbert threw the mic down and left the ring with a rawkus crowd on his hands. Shocked and bewildered fit both the audience and the locker room’s reaction. Tully Blanchard came up to me furious, saying “This isn’t how we do business.” My brain started racing and Eddie Gilbert stepped in to assure Tully “This is just an angle.” He said “You know I’ve worked with Lawler for years, its a cross promotion thing. We just uh didn’t wanna let it leak out.”

Jake showed up finally, geeked out, swearing and slapping his face. "I'm ready to go! Let's fucking do it!" Swearing up and down that there was no issue. I looked to Chris, who was ready to go and said "well, fuck it. Go for it." I then sat down right by gorilla position with the fear of God in me, wondering what was about to happen.

-Match Transition-

Grudge Match
    Jake “The Snake” Roberts Vs Chris Candido
    A lot of grandstanding and showboating to pad this match out. Candido taunts the audience, Jake flips him off, they go crazy. Chris immediately goes to play chicken shit heel as Jake approaches but he’s caught trying to exit the ring. Roberts does a lot of worked punches that Candido oversells to make him look good. Chris gives out a few hidden eye pokes and hair pulls to get some breathing room. Jake escalates the match when he’s sick of the cheap shots and tosses Chris over the top rope. Curtis Hughes noticeably doesn’t intervene.

Jake works Chris over in a crowd brawl. He tosses him into chairs and some fan tosses beer in Candido’s face. Jake makes it back inside by the count of eighteen with Chris under his arm. He goes for the DDT but Candido slides out and goes to the corner. He waves to Curtis Hughes who shakes his head and says “More money”. Candido begs for his help but he just stumbles backwards into a DDT. Ending the match in a passable seven minutes.

-Match Transition-

Title Unification Match
    “Gentleman” Chris Adams Vs Tully Blanchard
    Blanchard takes control early by headbutting Adams while the referee is laying the belts down. Chris is busted open and Tully works the wound for the opening minutes. Hart hollers “STAY ON HIM! END HIM!” several times but Blanchard doesn’t put him away. This gives Adams room to maneuver and he backdrops Tully who oversells it to death. Chris begins his comeback which leads to busting open Tully as well.

Gary Hart begins to sweat and yells “GET HIM OUTSIDE, TULLY!”. Blanchard tries to steer the match to the outside by Adams doesn’t allow it. The beatdown continues until the Gentleman goes to close the deal and lands the superkick but Blanchard stumbles backwards and flips over the top rope from the kick. Adams hurries outside and throws him back in but Gary pulls his tights as he climbs the apron. Chris hops down and superkicks Gary over the ring steps.

Blood has now flown into Chris’s eyes and affects him as he climbs the top rope for a double axe handle. He just barely misses and lands on his knee. Tully boots his face and viciously kicks the wound. Adams fumbles to the ropes and tries wiping his eyes but the blood only spreads. The referee checks on him and in the meantime, Perry Saturn hits the ringside area and tosses a chain to Tully who keeps it in his fist. Adams recovers but gets a drop toe hold into a sleeper. Blanchard secretly uses the chain underneath his arm to choke Chris out. Tully is awarded all three titles after his opponent passes out in a grueling fifteen minutes.
    Blanchard holds all three belts on his as he lies in the middle of the ring, bloody and beaten. Gary Hart limps in and holds him in his arms. Mouthing “I did it! I did it!”. The show closes out on him being carried to the back with every title on him. Saturn and Hart lift him in the air as he displays each belt.

-End of Tape-

VHS Tapes of Royal Bash were soon made but not sold. With Eddie going crazy I didn’t want to hurry and put this out, so only the people in the arena who saw it live were aware of it. I have this incendiary tape in my hands but i have no clue what to do with it. The most controversial promo of the year was dropped into my lap but if i capitalize, we’re in even worse shape with Lawler. Overall the night was met with mostly praise from the leaving fans but it hadn't seen the light of day yet. A PWI writer did give it a small column in the magazine but he had attended the show. Describing it as "a night to remember."

(So I haven't much time at all to do this and I've been slowing pecking away at it for weeks now and I'm not sure if I'll really be able to continue doing this so I rushed this out given it might be my last. It's quite sloppy, shit and poorly pieced together so it's a whimper go out on but If so, been fun and I appreciate the support and kind comments.)

Last edited by DieselsKnee; 08-05-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Heel Champion

Status

Meant to comment sooner bro, want to say thanks for posting the show regardless of time constraints. Really appreciate you giving your time to at least let us see the next chapter even if it is the last. I said it before this was one of my favorite reads in the entire section and it'll defo be a shame to see it go. But real life comes first.

Thread Information