Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Gimmick of the Year Ongoing Discussion

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: 2019 Gimmick of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Indy over at best is more impressive to me than being kinda over in WWE where you have a machine behind you pushing your shit and making glossy vignettes for you but then after a few matches people start not to care anymore. OC works different crowds in different towns in different promotions and gets over.
    Are you really trying to play down what Bray has done after seemingly being dead and buried as a character?

It's more impressive to me to get over with larger crowds, where it matters on a big stage, where people are expecting you to fail because of the "machine" behind you incompetency to be totally honest. From the first vignette everyone has been saying the WWE would fuck it up.

I get you like this OC dude, but there's really no comparison man lol.

If Orange becomes a part of AEW going forward- let's see how over he is and for how long his gimmick stays fun on a big stage. Bouncing town to town, city to city, doing your shtick to crowds of a couple of hundred people really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Otherwise you may as well just say someone like Grado because he does the same and would be "over" with your thinking.

"LET ME IN.."

Status
      Country                    United States

To be fair, this isn't the "Most Over" award either.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Are you really trying to play down what Bray has done after seemingly being dead and buried as a character?

It's more impressive to me to get over with larger crowds, where it matters on a big stage, where people are expecting you to fail because of the "machine" behind you incompetency to be totally honest. From the first vignette everyone has been saying the WWE would fuck it up.

I get you like this OC dude, but there's really no comparison man lol.

If Orange becomes a part of AEW going forward- let's see how over he is and for how long his gimmick stays fun on a big stage. Bouncing town to town, city to city, doing your shtick to crowds of a couple of hundred people really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Otherwise you may as well just say someone like Grado because he does the same and would be "over" with your thinking.
    I'm backing WWE's ability to make anything cool become uncool and Bray's history of fans giving up on him once he moves into having matches and feuds in this debate 100%. We're talking about a company here that missed the boat on Bayley, Aleister Black, Braun Strowman, Dean Ambrose etc and they were way easier to book than The Fiend is going to prove.
    Last edited by Ed; 08-19-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

I like to vote Bray but,

R Truth turned what could of been huge flop in the 24/7 Championship and has made it great.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information