Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harper Requests WWE Release

People's Champion

Status

Re: Harper Requests WWE Release

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Tbf as soon as you go public in frustration or criticism they have every right to make it tough for you to leave or stop using you. Imagine if you complained on social media about the company you worked for. You wouldn't expect them to treat you well.
    Except when you work for a company, you are an employee in most cases. Not an independent contractor.

Also, talking shit about your company would 9 times out of 10 get you terminated ( unless you re unionized)

Bad argument.

This is just WWE being fickle little bitches
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

It's not a bad argument, if you criticise your employer it gives them all the power. And with AEW on the rise you can't blame WWE for making it hard for talent to leave.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Tbf as soon as you go public in frustration or criticism they have every right to make it tough for you to leave or stop using you. Imagine if you complained on social media about the company you worked for. You wouldn't expect them to treat you well.
    never side with the institution tbh, especially not when that institution has a history of awful behavior and treatment of its workers. workers should have more power to control their fate, not the other way around. if a low wage disney worker shits on disney publicly, doesnt matter if they shouldnt, we shouldnt side with the company abusing their power and treating the worker wrongly.

i dont think harper went about it the right way, but im 99.9% of the time gonna side with the individual's freedom to do what's best for themselves in these circumstances.

Say My Name

Status

I'm totally not backing WWE, but Harper should have known better. He saw what they did to Neville
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

No One

Status

I'm totally not backing WWE, but Harper should have known better. He saw what they did to Neville
    i get it but im not sure how much worth there is in not being able to blame wwe/saying harper should have known better/or say they have the right to make it tough for him. theyre assholes in this situation period. it shouldnt be like this and its not much worth criticizing harper because hes not playing the shitty system the way goldust did. better off shitting on the system itself.

if anything, i hope that this aew stuff forces wwe to make (positive) changes in how it deals with talent.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    i get it but im not sure how much worth there is in not being able to blame wwe/saying harper should have known better/or say they have the right to make it tough for him. theyre assholes in this situation period. it shouldnt be like this and its not much worth criticizing harper because hes not playing the shitty system the way goldust did. better off shitting on the system itself.

if anything, i hope that this aew stuff forces wwe to make (positive) changes in how it deals with talent.
    Completely agree. The man has the right to be happy. WWE is taking that way from him.

I hope when he does leave, he signs right away to AEW and hits a grand slam.

I have zero sympathy for WWE. They are so petty, its embarrassing
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

If one good thing comes from this I hope its that the WWE is forced to change how the treat their employees. You cant call someone an Independent Contractor and then do shit like this. Those two things just dont go together.

You can say Luke handled things wrongly, but literally all he did was go public stating he wanted his release. Letting his fans know his situation, he was respectful towards the WWE in his statement. But their response is the response of an angry two year old.

The best part is shit like this just makes WWE look even worse, they're so hell bent on creating this vision of WWE that everything is great and everyone loves being there and then they do this shit to people who are unhappy being there. All this shit though could be avoided if WWE just utilised their roster better instead of being so narrow minded where they only push HHH and Vince's favourite toys and job everyone else into oblivion. Give more of the roster a fair shake of things, give them real opportunities to get somewhere in the company as opposed to just giving every single opportunity to a handful of people.

I mean how many other employers though would go "screw you, we're going to basically hold you hostage, refuse to do anything with you but refuse to let you go". Outside carny ass piece of shit industries like Pro Wrestling they'd just release the guy.

Also that whole "Independent Contractor" bullshit the WWE claim to avoid having to cover most of the wrestlers expenses, Independent Contractor doesn't mean what WWE thinks it means

Relentless Admin

Status

There’s also an element of reading and understanding the contracts you are signing; i’m pretty sure Vince didn’t put a gun to Harper’s head and said you must sign this. WWE wrestlers are happy enough to sign clauses in their contracts that allow them to be paid when they are injured, a perk that indie wrestlers don’t get.

One hope of the threat of AEW is that negotiations get so competitive that WWE get rid of the independent contractor system.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

This whole situation is also a good indicator of why Sasha is going about things the way she is, or Neville and CM Punk before her. Asking for your release doesn't mean these carnies will release you. They tend to get offended that some wrestlers aren't happy just eating shit so they refuse to let them go.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Except Dustin did just that...

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Except Dustin did just that...
    And Tye Dillinger.

No One

Status

yall acting like he said they 100% wont release you if they ask to leave -__-

People's Champion

Status

Well remember when all the WWE apologist were saying Dustin did it right and Harper did it wrong.....well apparently they did the same thing to Dash Wilder since hes injured. The guy didnt even ask for his release... just extended his contract
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

The Flow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Well remember when all the WWE apologist were saying Dustin did it right and Harper did it wrong
    Literally one person said that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    Literally one person said that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And!!!!!!

Im sure there were a bunch of wwe defenders who repped his comment.

The main part of this story isn t who said what. Its the fact this may become the norm in wwe
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-02-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Im sure there were a bunch of wwe defenders who liked his comment.
    Why is it that everyone is either a WWE defender or an Elite Hater with you?

Anyway I get the idea that WWE would rather you be quiet when asking for your release opposed to being public with it but I still see no reason to keep Harper unless you're planning to use him which according to the recent observer*, they weren't.

* Recent Observer said that Mr McMahon disliked some of Harper's recent dark matches with EC3 and criticised him before Harper asked for his release
    Last edited by MC 16; 05-02-2019 at 03:33 PM.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Why is it that everyone is either a WWE defender or an Elite Hater with you?
    Its my gimmick! You like?
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Gimmicks are for troll posters and eventually those end up getting banned, so lets return to having adult conversations about this.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    * Recent Observer said that Mr McMahon disliked some of Harper's recent dark matches with EC3 and criticised him before Harper asked for his release
    That story sounded like Harper got pretty harshly treated; not sure why it matters so much that Harper couldn't do a southern accent. Missed out on a little Sami/Harper program according to the report which would of been cool. There's a lot of unrest going on in that company at the moment.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Gimmicks are for troll posters and eventually those end up getting banned, so lets return to having adult conversations about this.

That story sounded like Harper got pretty harshly treated; not sure why it matters so much that Harper couldn't do a southern accent. Missed out on a little Sami/Harper program according to the report which would of been cool. There's a lot of unrest going on in that company at the moment.
    Wwe loss will be AEW gain.

They seem to be in panic mode too
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Well remember when all the WWE apologist were saying Dustin did it right and Harper did it wrong.....well apparently they did the same thing to Dash Wilder since hes injured. The guy didnt even ask for his release... just extended his contract
    Due to Dash's injury in January-ish, I think. Seems like if they're physically unable to use you - not even if they particularly want to - they'll tack on the months you're gone to your contact. Did it to Mysterio too.

I feel for Harper. Is a Southern Accent really that important, for a guy from New York, that it's still a dark cloud over him since that initial report of it came out five years ago? A southern godamn 'boy howdy' accent? It's a bit petty. And we've now missed out on a Harper/Zayn program, which would've been pretty great, because of that? Not a good look for WWE.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Thread Information