Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: World Wrestling Entertainment | 2019 & Beyond

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: World Wrestling Entertainment | 2019 & Beyond

I love the concept for the Great American Bash, I definitely enjoyed that opening promo by Steph. Also, the way you’re booking Daniel Bryan is amazing and really showcases how good he can be as a heel. The Rock coming back for one night? The possibility are endless and I hope you have a plan for a young talent to get some type of push from the rock or maybe set up a mania match? Not sure but I can’t wait to find out.

personally I’m not a big fan of 8-man tag matches unless it was faction vs faction because sometimes it feels a little too much and doesn’t really give everyone a chance to shine but again that’s just me personally.

what a way to end the show with Bayley just taking a seat while asuka gets beat..it was a nice surprise to see her act out of character. I hope this is a slow turn for her because as seen in RL she is a fantastic heel.

overall a very solid show and I’m such a big fan of Daniel Bryan character. Great job on that.

KNOW YOUR ROLE MODEL

Status

…Might as well post this…

205 Live – June 11th 2019; Sacramento, California

After an eventful end to Smackdown Live, the transition from the blue brand to the purple brand is made. And with lots of attention on the big match going down on Wednesday night on NXT, 205 Live will do its best to keep things centered in around here with an eventful night ahead of us.

1Singles Match
    Lince Dorado (w/ Kalisto) vs. The Brian Kendrick
    While their comrade Gran Metalik is in San Jose at the moment, Lince Dorado and Kalisto are out to open the show against The Brian Kendrick. TBK recently picked up a win the last time we saw him three weeks ago against Akira Tozawa and proves to be a pretty tough test for Lince. He is, of course, one of the OG Cruiserweights in WWE, so that surely isn’t much of a surprise. Towards the end of the bout, Lince is on the apron. He slingshots up and springs off and aims to hit a Hurricanrana! NO! TBK hoists him up and goes for a POWERBOMB! NO! Lince rolls through and flows into a Sunset Flip and pinning combo! 1! 2! 3!!! GOT HIM!
    WinnerLince Dorado via pin fall at 9:07.

2Singles Match
    Tony Nese
    vs. Sean Maluta
    Believe it or not, this is the first match for Tony Nese on 205 Live in over two months! The former Cruiserweight Champion resurfaced to take on former Cruiserweight Classic competitor, Sean Maluta. Nese got back at it in a big way, and scored a rather decisive win over Maluta, ending it with The Running Kneese for the 1-2-3!
    WINNERTony Nese via pin fall at 4:30.

3Singles Match
    Drew Gulak
    vs. Humberto Carrillo
    This match, set to be the main event, did not last very long. After Carrillo was gaining momentum over Gulak, he was attacked from behind by one Mike Kanellis! That attack rang off the disqualification, which in turn soured the remaining fans in the Golden 1 Center to say the least.
    WINNERHumberto Carrillo via disqualification at 4:05.

That was until Raul Mendoza came out for the save. This 2-on-2 melee went on until DRAKE MAVERICK made his way on stage. Maverick halted things, and said this would resume as a Tag Team Match!!

4Tag Team Match
    Drew Gulak and Mike Kanellis
    vs. Humberto Carrillo and Raul Mendoza
    This one certainly gathered more energy after the restart. Carrillo and Mendoza came out like spitfires while Kanellis and Gulak tried to ground and pound and grind them all to a halt. This clash of stiles matched with the obvious intensity and hatred for one another produces a real rock-solid matchup. Towards the end of the match, Gulak has Carrillo up and ready for a Tiger Suplex, but Carrillo spins out and hits him with a Step-Up Enziugiri! Kanellis then goes in to try and take him off his feet, but Carrillo ducks and Kanellis goes flying over the top rope! He lands on the apron, but Mendoza runs up and hits a Running Front Dropkick on him! Kanellis goes FLYING into the ringpost and crashes down, as we see Carrillo then head up to the top rope. He then LEAPS up and off, and hits a MOONSAULT!! He covers! 1! 2!! 3!!! CARILLO PINS GULAK!!!
    WINNERSHumberto Carrillo and Raul Mendoza via pin fall at 12:07.

---

…And this…

NXT UK EPISODE SCRAPPED

This week's episode of NXT UK has been scrapped due to the fact that it had superstars are currently serving suspensions on the program. Instead, a 'Best of NXT UK' episode will air in place of it. Tapings will resume this weekend from the Download Festival in Leicestershire, England.

---

…And this…

WWE RELEASES THE VELVETEEN DREAM, LIGERO AND TRAVIS BANKS

World Wrestling Entertainment has to come to terms with the release of:

• Patrick Clark (The Velveteen Dream)
    • Simon Musk (Ligero)
    • Travis Bligh (Travis Banks).

---

And that's that. NXT is nearly done, and I'll be posting it by the end of the weekend, I reckon.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I completely understand why those 3 superstars were released but it still hurts...such great talent.

the only thing that caught my eye was Lince dorado getting the win over Brian Kendrick. I always get Lince is so underrated so I’m glad he’s getting the win over a veteran and I hope he continues to move up the card.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Australia

I haven't had a chance to read all of your btb but I have to say what I have read I have really enjoyed

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

Instead of me continuously repping and saying 'I need to leave a review', let me actually do it for Smackdown!

What an opening to Smackdown you put together. I forgot how much I truly enjoyed the New Daniel Bryan, and I think you capture him and Stephanie really well here. I maybe would have enjoyed some sort of dig from Stephanie to Bryan that he was once one of the superstars he is digging into. But besides that, I like Bayley not being able to make physical contact with Asuka here. I think you explained it well and this could be a real interesting slow burning heel turn. And The Rock Appreciation Night is awesome! A great choice to put together something as big as Raw Reunion together.

Really happy Daniel Bryan got the win here, an early choice to win the whole thing for me. Also like the Mr. Small Package deal haha.

Wanted to mention here I like this bounty on Becky from Ronda. She has the money and will make for an interesting story for the upcoming weeks.

Nice spotlight for the women on building Toni into a big deal and giving Sarah Logan some character. I would really like to see some big things from Logan personally.

Peyton and Nikki fell somewhat short for me, only for the cheap victory that Royce got. Considering Daniel used the ropes and Peyton used the tights back to back - I would have considered a finish following Billie's distraction for a slightly more decisive victory. I think that also could have been used to build for momentum for IIconics or continue this feud if that's what you were going for.

Liked that interaction from Rush / Bryan. Slightly more edge in terms of seriousness with Rush and a nice reminder that Kofi might not be the champion come Summerslam. Fun little interview with Kevin Owens also that captures the character well. Excited for a take on a heel Finn.

Big E and Braun Strowman sounds pretty legit, I'm into it.

As well as Harper and Roman Reigns, that should be a real fun fight.

Really into this ripple of Charlotte Flair, I don't mind the game respect game story between her and Bayley. Adds some dimension to Charlotte that I think her character has lacked for awhile and could lead to a much larger story should you turn Bayley like real life.

I still really enjoy The Expat Express, a really good pairing to have together. Definitely a good tag team to have the belts that will lead to more competition, and Andrade only worrying about his team by letting Rusev take the Twist of Fate. Simple story but good stuff.

Nice win for Black also, nothing much to add there. Although a match I would enjoy seeing IRL.

I was expecting that New Day / Lashley&Lio match to end the night. But I should've known Bayley would be more like to end the show! Surprised to see Kofi take the win here, I feel like a heel usually wins these stipulation matches. Lio Rush is definitely going to be in a shark cage or whatever they call it.

Okay to the actual show closing segment.. Really strong passionate promo from Bayley. You sold the intentions, reasons and story of the match all in that single promo. I feel extremely hyped - more than one would already be - because we are likely getting a style of match between the two that we have not seen before. Enjoyed the touch of Bayley willing to take a less than 100% Asuka, and the continuation of Mandy/Sonya acknowledging that one could possibly be champion right now. Great stuff all around.

Also - F Dream, Ligero, and Banks. Good riddance.

KNOW YOUR ROLE MODEL

Status

NXT – June 12th 2019; San Jose, California

Following a TakeOver: XXV recap, we jump into the SJSU Events Center yet again. Four days after an extremely eventful and epic night, NXT is still here in San Jose as we continue the barnstorming tour through California. And tonight, certainly, will be an epic night again with all in store:

~ The DEBUT of ‘THE ARCHER OF INFAMY’ DAMIAN PRIEST

~ KYLE O’REILLY defends the CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP against GRAN METALIK

But first…

***NUMBER ONE***

The HBIC is in the building! MIA YIM stomps out to a nice ovation from the San Jose crowd. Yim, dressed up in her usual attire of baggy pants, a raggedy top and bandana over her face, saunters down to the ramp with business on her mind and a pep in her step. Yim has the opportunity to extract a beating that she’s been desiring to get for the past month or so on one of NXT’s burgeoning talents in the women’s division.

***FLUENT IN PURRAZZO***

DEONNA PURRAZZO then steps out. She too receives a hearty reaction, even if she has been playing the role of villainess. The Virtuosa carries a smirk on her face as we get a bit of a recap of the history between Purrazzo and Yim that’s led to this match. The two have yet to have much physical contact with one another, but that is all about to change in a matter of moments. As one would expect, this one’s got plenty of ammunition behind it.

1Singles Match
    Deonna Purrazzo vs. Mia Yim

Deonna and Mia tangle in what is a very fun opening matchup on this episode of NXT. Mia fights with a lot of aggression early on, surprising Purrazzo a bit and gets her to rethink her strategies perhaps. But eventually, Purrazzo seizes control of the matchup. That advantage is a little bit short-lived though, as Yim and Deonna soon get into a big back and forth battle. Towards the end, Yim goes for a right hand, but Deonna grabs her by the arm and looks to lock in the FUJIWARA ARMBAR! NO! Yim squirms out and rolls Deonna up! 1! 2! NO!! Deonna kicks out! Yim then gets up and goes for a kick. NO! Deonna ducks it and then rolls Mia up! 1! SHE HOOKS HER PANTS! 2!! 3!!!

WINNERDeonna Purrazzo via pin fall at 6:50.

And The Virtuosa steals a W!! She slides out of the ring, as Yim is CLEARLY on to what she just did. But, Deonna carries a smirk and a winning attitude with her up the ramp. She shrugs her shoulders, as Yim just shakes her head in mighty amounts of displeasure. A replay sequence airs, but there is no consequence for the actions of Ms. Purrazzo right now. Whether or not that changes? Time will tell.

~ COMMERCIAL BREAK ~

We get a recap video that highlights the victory that ADAM COLE scored over KEITH LEE at TakeOver: XXV. The win of course did not come without plenty of controversy though, as KYLE O’REILLY hit Keith in the back of the head with the Cruiserweight Championship, which led to KOR putting Cole atop Lee, to score the 1-2-3.

*BACKSTAGE – WILLIAM REGAL’S OFFICE*

We see the makeshift office for one WILLIAM REGAL.

William Regal: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Tonight is an eventful night for the NXT brand, and the beginning of a takeover of the state of California for nearly the next two months. And we have quite the show in store for the rest of the night, as I’m excited to present for the first time, the debut of ‘The Archer of Infamy’ Damian Priest, and a Cruiserweight Championship Match between Kyle O’Reilly and Number One Contender, Gran Metalik.

~ Regal takes a moment to pause.

William Regal: However, all that glitters is not gold. Due to unequivocally and indisputably reprehensible actions, the NXT North American Championship was vacated last week and the scheduled NXT North American Championship Match for TakeOver: 25 was cancelled. And in addition to that, earlier today, the NXT hierarchy dismissed that former champion and they will no longer be welcomed here, or anywhere under the WWE banner again.

~ Whew… well, there it is, folks.

William Regal: We pride ourselves at giving you, the NXT Universe, the very best that we have to offer both in and out of the ring. And because of those aforementioned insidious actions, we had to take action. And unfortunately, that resulted in a match being cancelled, and we know that there is disappointment in that. But we hope that the replacement match that took place between Tyler Breeze and Finn Bálor at TakeOver: 25 was a satisfying one.

~ Still pulling no punches, whatsoever.

William Regal: Now the question is, what becomes of the NXT North American Championship? Well, the NXT hierarchy has decided on a resolution. We want to give you, the NXT Universe, a chance to see the best and the brightest compete for that vacant championship. And over the next few weeks, on this takeover of the state of California, we will begin the process of crowning a new NXT North American Champion.

~ Do tell, Mister Regal. Do tell…

William Regal: I have chosen 16 NXT superstars who will be part of a single-elimination tournament spanning the next eight weeks on NXT. And the finals of this tournament will take place on August 10th at TakeOver: Toronto, where we will crown a new NXT North American Champion.

~ Boom! There’s the bombshell!

William Regal: The most unique part of this 16-superstar, single-elimination tournament is that none of the superstars in it are former singles champions in NXT. So whoever this tournament will claim their first singles championship as a member of the NXT roster. And in addition to that, six of these 16 superstars will be making their NXT in-ring debuts.

~ Wowzers!

William Regal: Those six new superstars are…

From Beijing, China, Boa

From Adelaide, Australia, ‘The Colossal’ Bronson Reed

From Burlington, North Carolina, Cameron Grimes

From Recluse, Wyoming, Dexter Lumis

From Chicago, Illinois, Joaquin Wilde

And, from Austin, Texas, Jordan Myles

~ That’s quite the field…

William Regal: And joining these six superstars are…

Danny Burch

Drew Gulak

Humberto Carrillo

‘The Limitless’ Keith Lee

‘The Finest’ Kona Reeves

KUSHIDA

Oney Lorcan

Raul Mendoza

The Undisputed ERA’s Roderick Strong

And ‘Prince Pretty’ Tyler Breeze.

~ Loaded! A graphic of the tournament bracket then appears.

William Regal: The Tournament Bracket can be seen in full here, and next week here on NXT, from Stockton, California, we will see two opening round matchups, as Cameron Grimes will make his debut against Raul Mendoza. And ‘The Limitless’ Keith Lee will take on The Undisputed ERA’s Roderick Strong. Good luck gentlemen, and may the best man win.

~ Regal nods and smiles, having dropped quite the bomb on everyone, as we’ll certainly see lots of new faces, fresh matchups and intense encounters along the way.

~ COMMERCIAL BREAK ~

We get a recap video of what was the only title change at TakeOver: XXV. BIANCA BELAIR snagged the NXT UK Women’s Championship away from TONI STORM in a thrilling encounter. Belair, who had been snake bitten in two previous attempts at winning a title earlier this year, was able to make the third time the charm.

After the video package concludes, we are brought to the WWE.com/WWE YouTube exclusive interview with ‘The EST.’

Interviewer: Bianca, you’re the new NXT UK Women’s Champion, having defeated Toni Storm tonight at TakeOver: 25. What is going through your mind right now?

Bianca Belair: I DID IT!!! I! (Claps) DID!! (Claps) IT!!! (Claps) I came, I saw and I conquered. I said that I was gonna come to TakeOver: 25 and win this NXT UK Women’s Championship, and baby I did it! I’m the champ! So what’s going through my mind right now is that I can finally have validation for everything that I’ve said. This title is validation for that, and it’s validation for all the work that I’ve done to get here.

Interviewer: You showed a lot of respect to Toni Storm, the now former champion, before and seemingly during the match as well. Would that be an accurate assessment?

Bianca Belair: Look I have stepped in the ring with some of the very best since I got here. Shayna Baszler, Candice LeRae, Io Shirai, Kairi Sane. And Toni Storm? She’s up there as well. She challenged me out there to bring my best. She challenged me to bring out The EST of NXT. She challenged me to be standing here with this title on my shoulder. I respect Toni Storm and if she wants a shot at this title, then all she has to do is pull up. I’d be happy to face her again.

Interviewer: A lot was said before you challenged for the NXT UK Women’s Championship about you being a defector, a culture-changer in NXT UK, someone who drew the ire of the NXT UK women’s roster. Now that you’re champion, what do you have to say to those people?

Bianca Belair: Well first of all, you can name the person who felt the strongest about that. I’m talkin’ about you, Rhea Ripley. Yeah, I hope you’re listening right now. You had a lot to say about me and what I was doin’. I’m glad I got your attention and I’m glad I got under your skin. I know you’re gonna be comin’ for this title that you once held. But if you think that you’re gonna take it from me, you’re sadly mistaken. Same with you, Kay Lee Ray. Don’t think I forgot those looks you were giving me last Wednesday. I dropped your ass once, and I can do it again. So if either of you two want this smoke? If anybody on the roster wants this smoke? I’m handing it all out for free. You come and get it, but you ain’t The E-S-T now and you ain’t ever gonna be The E-S-T. Period.

*BACK TO RINGSIDE*

***BAD MOTHER A***

SHANE THORNE makes a rare appearance on the NXT brand! The Aussie marches out to a less than lukewarm reaction from the crowd, naturally. But Thorne definitely seems to be playing the bad guy role here as he smugly looks around at everyone else on his way down to the ring. He hops up on the apron, taunts the crowd again and climbs on inside and continues through that process.

***INFAMY***

The lights go out in the SJSU Events Center! ‘LIVE FOREVER’ then appears on the tron, written in fire, and then marching out is one big, bad dude. All 6-foot-5, 248 lbs. of a big, bad dude of Puerto Rican descent with shoulder length black hair. We see he’s wearing a black vest with black tight pants and sunglasses on, as well.

Alicia Taylor: And, his opponent! From New York City, weighing 248 pounds, ‘THE ARCHER of INFAMY,’ DAMIAN PRRRIEST!!!

DAMIAN PRIEST, who of course is making his NXT in-ring debut tonight, heads down to the ring and receives a nice hand from the San Jose crowd. Priest then climbs up on the apron, into the ring and ‘shoots a bow and arrow’ at the tron to turn the lights back on. Magic!

2Singles Match
    Shane Thorne
    vs. Damian Priest

So yeah, I won’t waste your time too much here. This proved to be a very strong showcase for Priest, who is playing the ass-kicker babyface role right away. Priest bowls through Thorne, who does his job by being a presentable threat, but nowhere near the level that Priest is presented at. Eventually, Priest props Thorne up and SLAMS him down with a SITOUT CHOKESLAM, a. move he calls SOUTH OF HEAVEN (Get it?) and gets the 1! 2!! 3!!!

WINNERDamian Priest via pin fall at 3:45.

We move right along…

~ COMMERCIAL BREAK ~

A video recap of the match between THE STREET PROFITS and THE WAR RAIDERS airs. Despite their best efforts, The Street Profits came up short in their quest for the NXT Tag Team Championships, as HANSON and ROWE prevailed over ANGELO DAWKINS and MONTEZ FORD. That video package spins us into some happenings for next week, as we learn that Dawkins and Ford will be in action next week!

After a short advertisement break, we see some news worth mentioning. That being that NXT has signed two big-time talents. The first is Bay Area native and women’s wrestler, SHOTZI BLACKHEART, who has gained fame in EVOLVE and other promotions. The other signee is a big name in women’s wrestling, that being one MERCEDES MARTINEZ. Both of whom, of course, were beside each other at TakeOver: XXV, so you probably knew this information was coming.

We then wheel our way into a video package highlighting the hotly contested main event of TakeOver: XXV. THE BOSS AND HUG CONNECTION defended the Women’s Tag Team Titles against THE SKY PIRATES, as BAYLEY and SASHA BANKS squared off with NXT Women’s Champion IO SHIRAI and her best friend, former NXT Women’s Champion KAIRI SANE. And after a lengthy and epic bout, Bayley and Sasha retained the titles against Sane and Shirai.

It is then that we learn that next week here on NXT, Io and Kairi will again be in tag team action, as they face the team of ALIYAH and VANESSA BORNE.

~ COMMERCIAL BREAK ~

*SOMEWHERE IN THE BAYLANDS OF SAN JOSE*

ADAM COLE (BAY BAY!) is seen wearing an Undisputed Era t-shirt, wind whipping a bit behind him, and the Bay as well.

Adam Cole: TakeOver: 25 was the most epic TakeOver of all time. And despite all the hype, all the pomp, all of the circumstance there was one man who stole the show. And that was Adam Cole Bay Bay.

~ Cole points to himself.

Adam Cole: Keith Lee, I told you in the weeks leading up to TakeOver: 25 that I was going to humble you. I gave you the honor and distinction of being in the ring with me at TakeOver, an event that I am making more famous each and every time that I compete at one. And Saturday night in San Jose was no different.

~ Cole shakes his head.

Adam Cole: All that anybody is talking about since that night is how Adam Cole picked up the victory. Nobody is talking about you, Keith. Nobody at all. And I know that next week, in the North American Championship Tournament, my good friend Roderick Strong is going to do the same thing that I did to you. He’s going to beat you, and he’s going to send you back out of the discussion, which is where you came from before you dared to step up to me!

~ Cole again points to himself, though this time with his thumb.

Adam Cole: Now with that win, everyone wants to know. Everyone has been asking, “What’s next for Adam Cole? What’s next for The Undisputed ERA?” Well.

~ Cole laughs.

Adam Cole: The goal has never changed. The missions have never changed. What’s next for The Undisputed ERA is for The Undisputed ERA to be dripping with gold. We already have the Cruiserweight Championship, and Gran Metalik, Kyle O’Reilly is going to tear you apart tonight. Kyle O’Reilly is going to methodically dismantle you. And you will go back to irrelevancy with you and the rest of The Lucha House Party. Kyle O’Reilly will have the Cruiserweight Championship for as long as he wants, and that’s bad news for the rest of you, because he’s going to have it for a very long time.

~ Quite the ringing endorsement for KOR.

Adam Cole: Roderick Strong is in the North American Championship Tournament, meanwhile. It is not a matter of “if” Roderick Strong wins that tournament. It is a formality. It is a foregone conclusion. Everyone in that tournament is racing to be runner up. There is no one better than Roddy, and Roddy is going to prove that. At TakeOver: Toronto, Roderick Strong will be the next North American Champion.

~ The man is just propping up his guys right now.

Adam Cole: Let’s cycle back to Kyle. And Bobby Fish. Kyle and Bobby are one of the best tag teams of this generation. Kyle and Bobby have already won the NXT Tag Team Championships two times, so are they going to make it a third time? Yes they will. Street Profits? Let me tell you something, you two stuck your noses where they didn’t belong not too long ago. Don’t think we haven’t forgotten! Don’t think for one second that we don’t have those receipts ready to dish out. And War Raiders? We haven’t forgotten about you two either. Bobby and Kyle are coming for the Tag Team Titles, and they will be the first-EVER three-time NXT Tag Team Champions.

~ Adam is just throwing it all out there right now. He then lets out a smirk.

Adam Cole: And me?

~ Adam laughs.

Adam Cole: Well Johnny? We all know that I should’ve been the number one contender. But Mister Regal wanted to play fan service to the NXT Universe and gave you Sami Zayn instead. Now you beat Sami Zayn at TakeOver: 25. But if that were me? I’d be NXT Champion right now! I’d have ended your little fairytale. But make no mistake about it, that title is coming to me. That title belongs to Adam Cole, Bay Bay!

~ Quite the declaration.

Adam Cole: I’ve scored one fall against you before, and I will do it again. As far as I’m concerned, there is nobody else in NXT who can hold a candle to me. There is nobody else who deserves to be Number One Contender. There’s nobody else who has earned the right to be Number One Contender besides me. So Johnny, if you are this “hero” that everyone makes you out to be, and not just somebody who dresses like one at every TakeOver, then you should do the heroic and honorable thing and face me for the championship that should be mine right now!

~ That sounds an awful lot like a challenge!

Adam Cole: The prophecy will be fulfilled… and that…

~ Cole does the UE hand gesture.

Adam Cole: Is undisputed.

~ One final shot of Cole smiling, before cutting away.

~ COMMERCIAL BREAK ~

*BACKSTAGE – GORILLA POSITION*

GRAN METALIK is seen backstage, with CATHY KELLEY beside him. And we see that Metalik is all decked out in glimmering red/white/green attire.

Cathy Kelley: Gran Metalik, in just a matter of moments, you will be going toe to toe with The Undisputed ERA’s Kyle O’Reilly for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. This is your first opportunity at that title since the finals of the first Cruiserweight Classic three years ago. How do you plan on getting this done tonight and becoming the Cruiserweight Champion?

~ Metalik nods his head.

Gran Metalik: Cathy, I will get this done the exact same way that I have gotten everything done in my career. I will show heart, I will show determination and I will guide myself to where I know that I belong. And that is at the top of the cruiserweight division!

~ Metalik pumps his fist.

Gran Metalik: I know there is a lot of pressure on me. I am not an NXT superstar. But I represent 205 Live. A brand that has given me the platform to perform on the world stage. And I know that whether or not I am liked by everyone on 205 Live, I know I have just about everyone’s respect. Especially Drake Maverick’s.

~ Quite an interesting subplot being thrown in there…

Gran Metalik: Kyle and The Undisputed ERA? They don’t do things the way that we aim to do on 205 Live. They don’t play fair. But you know what? That’s fine. Because styles make fights. Their style against my style will cause a fight, but it is a fight that I know that I can win.

~ Metalik again pumps his fist.

Gran Metalik: And to win the Cruiserweight Championship here tonight in San Jose would be amazing. There is so much Hispanic and Mexican heritage here in this city. And tonight? I am going out there and fighting for all of them and fighting to make them all proud. And I will be a proud champion by night’s end.

~ Metalik nods his head and then turns toward the curtain.

***METÁLICO***

And out walks GRAN METALIK! The luchadore receives a huge ovation from the crowd, as there are plenty of fans of his in attendance tonight in San Jose evidently. The camera cuts to quite a few Mexican flags hoisted up in the air by the audience, as there’s certainly a big fight feel in the air. Metalik hops into the ring and points out to the crowd, and he beast his chest and hops right off.

“SHOCK… THE SYSTEM!”

***UNDISPUTED***

Strutting out then from the back is KYLE O’REILLY! The incumbent Cruiserweight Champion is wearing that purple belt around his waist with pride. He confidently smirks as he does the TUE hand gesture before going down to the ring. And, of course, can’t help himself as he plays guitar with the title belt on the way down. Kyle then arrives to the ring, climbs up to the second rope in the corner and poses as ‘BOOM!’ goes off in the song. O’Reilly then drops off the corner and comes up to the center of the ring. The spotlights then hit as the lights go down.

Alicia Taylor: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! And it is for the WWE CRUUUUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

~ Cheers.

Alicia Taylor: Introducing first, the challenger! From Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, weighing 175 pounds, GRANNN METALIIIIIK!!!

~ Loud cheers from the crowd.

Alicia Taylor: And his opponent! Representing THE UNDISPUTED ERA!!! From Vancouver, British Columbia, weighing 199 pounds, KYLE OOOO’REIIIILY!!

~ Cheers! O’Reilly taunts Metalik as he holds up the belt and grins. He then hands it off to the official and then takes his shirt off. He looks over at Metalik, who takes off his extravagant jacket and tosses ita side. We see he’s completely decked out in Mexican flag colors, while O’Reilly of course is trimmed up with TUE colors in his gear. And we are ready for this BIG collision and our MAIN EVENT of the evening!

3WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    CW Champ, Kyle O’Reilly DEFENDS AGAINST Gran Metalik

It is perhaps noteworthy that neither The Lucha House Party NOR The Undisputed ERA are in the house right now. Both of those things could certainly change. But for right now, Gran Metalik and Kyle O’Reilly are out to represent their fellow groups, and that appears to just be that. The crowd doesn’t seem to have a problem with that, even if you get the sense that maybe, juuuust maybe, The Undisputed ERA is lurking around somewhere.

Gran Metalik and KOR are pretty even steven to start things off. Metalik changes up the pace though as the early moments go by, which flusters O’Reilly quite a bit. Metalik fights him off his feet and sends him to the outside, where O’Reilly chills out for a bit. He cagily enters back, but Metalik keeps up the fury and gets him back to the outside. Metalik runs off to the ropes then, comes up and FLIEEEEES over the top and somersaults down on him!!

But soon after this, O’Reilly cuts Metalik down low. And he then starts to work on the ankle and knee and leg of the challenger. Methodically at that, and strategically so – what is a high-flyer without his legs? He tries to completely take it out of the equation and unleashes a various amount of strikes and holds on it over the next few minutes to try and ground Metalik completely.

Metalik’s determination is strong though. He fights through that pain and relentlessly fights Kyle off and away from him. Metalik is able to gather up some momentum that is nearly cut down by Kyle. But, Metalik surges ahead and comes out guns blazing. On one good knee, he climbs up to the top rope, and looks down at O’Reilly and then hits a BIG Moonsault down on him! He hooks the legs, but only gets 2!!

The match continues on, as we barrel towards the finish. The crowd is getting hotter, and Metalik is feeding off of them. The King of the Ropes is up on the top rope again, and he looks down at O’Reilly and leaps off and hits a HUGE Cross Body! But O’Reilly rolls through! 1! HE HOOKS THE TIGHTS! 2! NO!! Metalik floats over and pins KOR!! 1! 2!! NO!!! KOR kicks out!! The two men get up and Metalik hits him with a Mongolian Chop! O’Reilly hits the ropes and comes back with a Clothesline! NO! Metalik dips down and tries to hoist Kyle up!!

But he struggles with the bad knee!! He tries to keep a balance and then goes for the METALIK DRIVER!! BUT NO!!! O’Reilly lands back on his feet and trips him up and locks in an ANKLE LOCK!!! And KOR is QUICK to bring him down to the mat and GRAPEVINE the ANKLE! A nod to KURT ANGLE!! Metalik fights but Kyle wrenches it in even FURTHER! He’s got him completely CLAPSED! And that is why Gran Metalik eventually has NO CHOICE but to TAP OUT!!!

WINNERKyle O’Reilly via submission at 14:11.

KOR gets it DONE!! Kyle’s FIRST successful title defense since winning the Cruiserweight Championship last month at Money in the Bank comes at the hands of an IMPRESSIVE effort by Gran Metalik! Working on one bad leg, Metalik fought as hard as he could. But that bad leg wound up being his undoing, as he had no choice but to tap to the pressure.

We get our replay sequence, and then come back to see O’Reilly strumming the championship like a guitar as he backs up the ramp. There’s no extra taunting, and surprisingly enough, The Undisputed ERA wound up trusting KOR to get the job done because there was no sign of them whatsoever. Well, that is until O’Reilly gets up to the top of the entranceway. BOBBY FISH walks on out, and KOR’s tag buddy for the last decade embraces with him. KOR holds up the title belt again, taunting Metalik with it, as The King of the Ropes came oh so close to winning the Cruiserweight Championship again. For now though, it remains a close but no cigar situation.

And that… is undisputed.

END OF SHOW

---

Confirmed Matches for NXT TV (6/19/19)
    Stockton, California | Alex G. Spanos Center

NXT North American Championship Tournament First Round Match
    ‘The Limitless’ Keith Lee vs. Roderick Strong

NXT North American Championship Tournament First Round Match
    Cameron Grimes vs. Raul Mendoza

Tag Team Match

The Sky Pirates vs. Aliyah and Vanessa Borne

Tag Team Match
    The Street Profits in action!

KNOW YOUR ROLE MODEL

Status

New name, who dis?

RAW PREVIEW - JUNE 17TH 2019

Becky and The Bounty

A shocking conclusion to last week's episode of Monday Night Raw still has the sports entertainment world talking. Ronda Rousey made her shocking return to WWE television to deliver a decree that shook Raw Women's Champion and archrival Becky Lynch to her core. Rousey, in the company of Shayna Baszler and Natalya, informed Lynch that she placed a $1 Million bounty on The Man's head. If it weren't clear before that there was sizzling hatred between Lynch and Rousey, placing a bounty that any woman in the sound of Rousey's voice should be enough to allude to that.

Becky is set to be on Raw in Los Angeles, California. But there are plenty of questions in the air. How is Lynch doing mentally after racing out of the building a week ago? Will anybody attempt to strike her and take her out to collect the bounty? And if so, who will be the ones to do it? And given that Raw will emanate from Rousey's hometown of The City of Angels, could we see The Rowdy One turn up?

Great American Gauntlet Qualifying Matches to Begin!

Stephanie McMahon made many major announcements on Smackdown Live last week, and one of them has a major impact on the Raw brand. At The Great American Bash, the First Annual 'Great American Gauntlet' is set to go down. The Great American Gauntlet will feature four Raw superstars and four from Smackdown Live, who will compete against each other for a major prize: a shot at either the WWE or the Universal Championship at SummerSlam! We already know that 'The New Daniel Bryan of Smackdown Live will compete in this match, as the former WWE Champion won the opening qualifying match against Rey Mysterio last Tuesday. On Monday's episode of Raw, another budding rivalry will present itself an opportunity for both sides to get into this match, as Elias is set to square up with the burgeoning Cedric Alexander! Who will punch their ticket to The Great American Bash? Time will tell.

The Viper is Back!

We have not seen Randy Orton since he won the Kansas City Street Fight against his rival, 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles. But after a three-week hiatus, The Viper is set to make his return to the Raw brand Monday night! Although Orton and Styles are evened up at one win apiece dating back to WrestleMania, we have not seen 'The Phenomenal One' since his loss in Kansas City. So it is a question of whether we will see Styles anytime soon. But what we do know is that the 13-time World Champion will be around in L.A., and it could be a very interesting situation no matter where he strikes.

MizTV with special guest Sami Zayn

Eight days after losing his match to Seth Rollins at Backlash, The Miz will be returning to the Raw brand. The A-Lister, who was unsuccessful in his quest to become Universal Champion, will host his talk show 'MizTV' and will have quite the guest. Former NXT Champion, and the man who was attacked by 'The Beastslayer' and his associate Dominik Dijakovic last week, Sami Zayn will be joining The Miz. There could be plenty of fireworks here, as the Universal Champion and his new pal may have their eyes on this one.

United States Champion Pete Dunne in action!

Pete Dunne has been making waves the last two weeks. Last week, Dunne successfully retained the United States Championship in a hard-fought encounter with Sami Zayn, and of course Dunne's upset win over Samoa Joe two weeks ago caused quite the stir. Now, 'The Bruiserweight' is set for his third match in three weeks on the Raw brand. And his opponent is certainly no stranger to him. Dunne, in a non-title match, will be taking on 'The One and Only' Ricochet in a match that will open the Raw telecast! You won't want to miss what is going to be a very exciting contest.

Update on Alexa Bliss' Condition

Last week, 'The Goddess' Alexa Bliss was mysteriously attacked and sent to a local medical facility. While the caper hasn't been caught yet, we can tell you that Raw's Renee Young has received an update on Bliss' condition and will be announcing it to the WWE Universe on Raw. Tune in to find out just how 'The Goddess' is coping after what appeared to be an absolutely heinous attack brought on her.

CONFIRMED MATCHES

Great American Gauntlet Qualifying Match
    Cedric Alexander vs. Elias

Non-Title Singles Match
    US Champ, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne vs. 'The One and Only' Ricochet

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information