Thread: 2019 Supercard of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

2019 Supercard of the Year Ongoing Discussion

An award that usually lends itself to Takeovers, but how about this year?

Supercard Of The Year

2010 - Final Battle
    2011 - Money In the Bank
    2012 - Extreme Rules
    2013 - Summerslam
    2014 - Wrestlemania XXX
    2015 - TakeOver:Brooklyn
    2016 - Takeover Dallas
    2017 - Wrestle Kingdom 11
    2018 - Takeover: New Orleans

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Re: 2019 Supercard of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Bloodsport is my number one at the moment. High level quality throughout the card and the lows didn't last long and had some value to it such as star power. I probably put the DDT Coming To America show behind it and WrestleMania.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Bloodsport is definitely #1. There's not even a close second IMO. WM was a good show & was getting there but the last 90 minutes REALLY tailed off.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Bloodsport was good but it took me a while to get into and I liked not loved it by the end.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

I liked/loved the big 3 matches on the show, but I think bloodsport isn't good enough from top to bottom to take my vote. Kross/DBS bored me to tears.

My front runner is night 3 of Carat. I have 4 matches on that show as being great, a couple of good matches, and everything else is fun. There's not one bad match on that show.

I really enjoyed the Rumble this year apart from weirdly Bryan/Styles which was completely the wrong match at the wrong time but probably in a vacuum it's pretty good. Two very good womens matches (although I'm sure someone will claim Sasha/Ronda was 1/4*), two goodish rumbles with the correct winners, Brock's best match of the year and Finn's best ever WWE match, a bananas CW 4 way, and the start of an oddly entertaining Shane and Miz team. When you look at it, Becky's rumble moment was a hundred times better and more exciting than her mania moment.

Take Gargano out of the equation and I've really enjoyed the two takeovers this year.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Sasha/Ronda was one of Sasha's best matches but that women's Rumble was absolutely atrocious until like the last 5 minutes, what are you talking about?

I guess Kross/DBS is the turning point of the show since pretty much everyone liked the best 3 matches, if you didn't like it I understand not loving the show. But to me everything else that didn't hit lasted like 5 minutes or less.
    Last edited by Zero; 04-16-2019 at 08:51 PM.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Sasha/Ronda was one of Sasha's best matches but that women's Rumble was absolutely atrocious until like the last 5 minutes, what are you talking about? .
    The GRAPPL app has the women’s rumble at 3.17 stars based on almost 600 users voting, which is pretty damn identical to the men’s rating. Cagematch inmates have a similar rating of 6.27/10. I certainly think the majority consensus is closer to my ‘goodish’ rating than your ‘absolutely atrocious’ rating.

I’d be surprised if the rumble wasn’t the majority pick for best WWE PPV so far this year.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I loved the Rumble ppv and think it is a good early front runner.

The women's Rumble was really bad though.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The show was good, the women's Rumble was very bad. I don't care about consensus when it's clear that rating was just about their golden child Becky winning moreso than the match quality itself, which was embarrassing for literally an hour.

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

Going to put a note in here for Stomping Grounds.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    Going to put a note in here for Stomping Grounds.
    Honestly think the company has had a few stronger shows. Undercard is great but the main events are not the most appealing.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

It's been a good year for WWE PPVs so a 50/50 show like Stomping Grounds does fall short for me too.

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

Yeah I can see the rationale, but up until the main events I was into the show as a whole. I wouldn’t say that they soured the whole show for me though. I’d agree that there are stronger shouts out there though and others will probably do better than this as we aren’t even half way through. Just wanted to throw it a bit of love whilst it’s still fresh and then look back later.

Thread Information