Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

  1. #21
    Mr. Victory Through Guts

    Zero's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Posts
    11,233
    Rep Power
    1116076
      Country                    Hong Kong

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Zayn's you can all take a trip...to hell! Line was delivered with such antagonistic glee I don't know how you can't seem his work awesome. Also my little sister pointed out to me when watching that he was wearing a Montréal shirt which I hope is true after last week.

  2. #22
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,977
    Rep Power
    352265
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Shane McMahon is running away with this right now. Never thought I'd say that, but in 2019 Shane O'Mac is doing some great work. He's MUCH better in this role of heel authority than the rest of the McMahons. He's not change the channel bad, he's being an effective heel.





  3. #23
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    37,301
    Rep Power
    2619861
      Country                    England

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion






  4. #24
    Scoundrel
    Regal or Riot's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    1,782
    Rep Power
    46484
      Country                    England

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Spectacular shithousery from Elias.

  5. #25
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,792
    Rep Power
    1031382
      Country                    England

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Maybe the flash in the pan choice but Tony Deppen, if he keeps it up, is a worth a shout for this. Killing it on the Indies being the most hateable heel. It's great.

  6. #26
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    47,108
    Rep Power
    1345617
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    I love Tony Deppen. His match with Dustin Thomas was some of the finest heel work you’ll see all year.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  7. #27

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,136
    Rep Power
    1282256
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    It feels like it's been a bit of a weak year thus far for heels. In the WWE realm you have the likes of Shane McMahon and Baron Corbin being overexposed as the number one heels which, to me, is just no good. AEW's most effective heel right now is probably MJF? Shawn Spears is shaping up pretty good. Jericho will always be worth a shout. Still with only a few shows under their belt, it's hard to nominate them. Dalton Castle has been doing a good job in ROH from what I've seen but I don't hear anyone really raving about him either.

    At this point in time, I have a clear number one: Sami Callihan. The man was born to be a villain. His feud with Tessa was on some high level savage shit. At the rate he's going, he'll absolutely run away with this unless some others start to step up.

  8. #28
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,977
    Rep Power
    352265
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Corbin deserves some more love, he's not the untalented bum most people claim him to be. He gets "it", he gets that to be a heel you have to at least try and be hated. He's one of the only heels in WWE that gets heel heat.

    Shane has jumped the shark at this point, he went from doing good work as a heel to burying The Miz and getting too much TV time.

    Spears and MJF are good shouts too.





  9. #29

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,136
    Rep Power
    1282256
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Corbin deserves some more love, he's not the untalented bum most people claim him to be. He gets "it", he gets that to be a heel you have to at least try and be hated. He's one of the only heels in WWE that gets heel heat.

    Shane has jumped the shark at this point, he went from doing good work as a heel to burying The Miz and getting too much TV time.

    Spears and MJF are good shouts too.
    I think Corbin's fine and he actually cuts some good heel promos now and again. But the tricky thing with him is that such a large portion of the audience just genuinely doesn't enjoy him as a sports entertainer. So it's hard to decipher when the crowd is reacting to him being heel and when they're just wanting him to actually go away. Some might feel it's the same thing but I personally feel that it's worth distinguishing.

  10. #30
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    37,301
    Rep Power
    2619861
      Country                    England

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Corbin gets the worst kind of heat, it's being boo'd irrespective to anything he's doing. Corbin never makes you want to watch his upcoming match, his promos can piss a crowd off but it doesn't build his upcoming match up. Then once you get to his matches, they're bad matches. If we're just voting for someone that gets boo'd of a crowd and it doesn't matter what you're like as a wrestler, than I'd rather give my vote to MJF.

    I was going to write something about Callihan today in his best workers thread because I do think he's been one of the better heel wrestlers in the world and had a great performance with Tessa.

    I think THE BASTARD PAC also deserves a shout in this. Easy to hate, but more often than not you get a good match out of him as well and he has big star presence.

  11. #31

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,136
    Rep Power
    1282256
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Corbin gets the worst kind of heat, it's being boo'd irrespective to anything he's doing. Corbin never makes you want to watch his upcoming match, his promos can piss a crowd off but it doesn't build his upcoming match up. Then once you get to his matches, they're bad matches. If we're just voting for someone that gets boo'd of a crowd and it doesn't matter what you're like as a wrestler, than I'd rather give my vote to MJF.

    I was going to write something about Callihan today in his best workers thread because I do think he's been one of the better heel wrestlers in the world and had a great performance with Tessa.

    I think THE BASTARD PAC also deserves a shout in this. Easy to hate, but more often than not you get a good match out of him as well and he has big star presence.
    I was going to mention with Callihan that he deserves some sort of bonus for actually creating buzz for his company and being a big part of why I, and I'd guess many others, actually watched Slammiversary. The show had a nice card and all but without Sami vs. Tessa it's very unlikely I would have checked that show out. Not trying to pile on to Corbin or Shane O'Mac but they tend to have the opposite effect where they make me want to skip events/matches that I would otherwise want to watch.

  12. #32
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,977
    Rep Power
    352265
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Corbin gets the worst kind of heat, it's being boo'd irrespective to anything he's doing. Corbin never makes you want to watch his upcoming match, his promos can piss a crowd off but it doesn't build his upcoming match up. Then once you get to his matches, they're bad matches. If we're just voting for someone that gets boo'd of a crowd and it doesn't matter what you're like as a wrestler, than I'd rather give my vote to MJF.

    I was going to write something about Callihan today in his best workers thread because I do think he's been one of the better heel wrestlers in the world and had a great performance with Tessa.

    I think THE BASTARD PAC also deserves a shout in this. Easy to hate, but more often than not you get a good match out of him as well and he has big star presence.
    The thing with that is that's not Corbins fault. That's just dumb smarks being dumb smarks and hating the guy because he's seen as an over pushed WWE guy with no Indy background. Those sort of guys are automatically despised. For example look at how long it took Miz to even be accepted as being worthy to be a Pro Wrestler. What Corbin can control he does well, he does alot of the little things to be unlikable. I do agree his heat is tricky because as I've already said people are biased against him and hate him for even existing in Pro Wrestling.

    The indy bias within the hardcore fan base sucks.

    I disagree about his matches as well, the guys had a good amount of quality matches with Kalisto and Styles in particular. But also Rollins, Ambrose, Ziggler and even the triple threat with McIntyre and Miz was pretty good.

    He's a good bully big man with a fun moveset. People just want him to suck because they're automatically biased against him.





  13. #33

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,136
    Rep Power
    1282256
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    The thing with that is that's not Corbins fault. That's just dumb smarks being dumb smarks and hating the guy because he's seen as an over pushed WWE guy with no Indy background. Those sort of guys are automatically despised. For example look at how long it took Miz to even be accepted as being worthy to be a Pro Wrestler. What Corbin can control he does well, he does alot of the little things to be unlikable. I do agree his heat is tricky because as I've already said people are biased against him and hate him for even existing in Pro Wrestling.

    The indy bias within the hardcore fan base sucks.

    I disagree about his matches as well, the guys had a good amount of quality matches with Kalisto and Styles in particular. But also Rollins, Ambrose, Ziggler and even the triple threat with McIntyre and Miz was pretty good.

    He's a good bully big man with a fun moveset. People just want him to suck because they're automatically biased against him.
    For sure there is some merit to what you're saying but that "bias", to whatever extent it exists, isn't impossible to overcome. Some of this forum's favorite wrestlers are WWE homegrowns. Velveteen Dream, Kofi Kingston, Chad Gable, Big E, The Usos, The Revival, Alexa Bliss, The Miz and even Braun Strowman at one point. All highly favored on this board. The only thing that sets them apart from Corbin is that they won people over. And for Corbin, I would say that he is all the things you said he he is. He's a good talent. If anything, it's his booking that makes him less enjoyable to me. And I wish he'd change his ring attire.

  14. #34
    WAKE UP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    Rep Power
    426135

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    you couldn't name one good Corbin match this year

  15. #35
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    22,190
    Rep Power
    1993732

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Is this the worst wrestler of the year thread? He's awful at pretty much everything except having some cool power moves. Hes a shit wrestler, and an even worse talker/character, and only manages to get heat because he's bad at his job.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk





    30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

    Shock Reviews Archive

    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  16. #36

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,136
    Rep Power
    1282256
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Is this the worst wrestler of the year thread? He's awful at pretty much everything except having some cool power moves. Hes a shit wrestler, and an even worse talker/character, and only manages to get heat because he's bad at his job.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    I don't know. I have to say in defense of Corbin, I think he actually does cut some pretty good (not great) asshole promos. I think he has it in him to be a really good upper midcard heel, the main thing that hurts him in my eyes is the fact he's literally the top heel on Raw and tends to get like 30 minutes of screen time every week so he becomes offputting to me as a fan. I don't think he's one of my top picks for this award as I stated earlier but I don't feel he's as useless as you do either.

  17. #37
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    22,190
    Rep Power
    1993732

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    He's been around for over 3 years on the main roster and the only defence people have for him is "he gets heat" (so did heel Michael Cole and Jinder Mahal) and mentioning the only two standout matches he's ever had (the Kallisto chairs match and the triple threat with AJ and Dolph). That is awful for someone who has constantly been put in prominent positions against some amazing talent.

    He seems very awkward and uncomfortable with a mic in his hand and he's incredibly monotone. You could replace him with Viktor from the Ascension in that role and I don't think Viktor would perform any better or worse than Corbin.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk





    30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

    Shock Reviews Archive

    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  18. #38
    Hail To The King
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    7,300
    Rep Power
    1153070
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    The hate Corbin gets from you guys is crazy.

    Spoiler:


    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges




  19. #39
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    37,301
    Rep Power
    2619861
      Country                    England

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    If only it was hate that transferred into wanting to see a babyface kick his ass, then maybe he'd be a good heel rather than a man who reads scripts every Monday night in an ill-fitting shirt.

    Even the McMahons don't think he's a good wrestler and someone who can work WWE PPV standard main events, because if they did, they'd of made him Universal Champion by now.

  20. #40

    Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    If only it was hate that transferred into wanting to see a babyface kick his ass, then maybe he'd be a good heel rather than a man who reads scripts every Monday night in an ill-fitting shirt.
    Seriously. The common excuse of a wrestler that gets booed a lot is actually a good heel just because of the boos is nonsense. Unless it's paying off with the viewer wanting to see the heel in matches where he can get his ass kicked, it means absolutely nothing. The heel isn't a good heel at all. Jerry Lawler during the Bret Hart feud is a great example of a heel that got a lot of boos that was also a great heel because you actually wanted to see him get his ass kicked.

    For the last couple of years, I feel like the only opinions I ever hear about Corbin are the majority saying he's awful and that they aren't interested in seeing him and then a minority claiming that he's actually not so bad and that he at least gets heel heat. He seems like a pretty massive failure to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •