Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Worst Women's Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: 2019 Worst Women's Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion

I said that you could argue Charlotte is a better wrestler easily, but in 2019 Charlotte's had a worse year. Because Charlotte's been largely terrible on the mic & her inclusion into the main event scene & how they handled it tanked what should have been the biggest main event ever.

Well let me just state it if I wasn't clear enough. Becky has sucked too. Her match with Charlotte she sucked, her promos & Twitter are super whack & she was the worst & sloppiest member of the main event. But that doesn't make Charlotte better or that all her matches weren't incredibly sloppy & lame. And I also don't know how the main event was sloppy & bad but the Sasha, Becky, & Asuka matches before were good? They weren't any more goofy.

I don't have anything personal against Charlotte or Becky or Sasha (She's got red flags tho) but I'm being fair & judging their performances against all their peers. If those 3 were men & wrestled as sloppy & cut all those awful promos would their fans be so forgiving? I somehow doubt it.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Let's just agree that Alicia Fox is worse than Dana or Charlotte on her worst night
    Probably the most rational take. She's worse than all the others combined.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status
      Country                    United States

This is easily a 3 woman race between Tamina, Foxxy, and Jesamyne Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

King EC

Status

Charlotte kneeing Ronda in the cop car > anything any other woman has done in 2019

The defense rests, your honor.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Charlotte kneeing Ronda in the cop car > anything any other woman has done in 2019

The defense rests, your honor.
    Okay that was awesome.

Jobber

Status

I personally like Tamina but she's been on the roster for so long and hasn't done much of anything...ever. She gets my vote.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I think my least favourite women this year have been Emi Sakura, Allie and Britt Baker, but I think a lot of that is influenced by not watching weekly WWE anymore so I've cut out a lot of their women's matches. If I had to watch someone like Natalya every week, I'm sure she'd stand out more. I don't think there's a stand out candidate for this, especially with Nia and Tamina's absence post mania.

Inb4 Zero pushes for Charlotte again.

Glitching It

Status
      Country                    UK

I’m probably voting for Duke for this. She looks so awkward in the ring.

Britt Baker is another one I’m thinking about too. She came into AEW with so much hype, was put forward as the poster girl for the division, but has been a major let down for me since Dynamite started. Her offence just looks like it doesn’t hurt, and she’s been shown up by almost everyone she’s wrestled.

Jobber

Status

Shocked to not see Nyla Rose on this list. On one side, I'm happy she's putting a spotlight on transgender competitors in pro wrestling, on the other, I'm not a fan that she's the one representing it.

Besides her horrible comments on Twitter, in ring she is as bad as I remember. I was almost scared they were gonna put the title on her for a moment. She needs a lot of work. She's an example of the many AEW talent not having the polish that NXT or WWE has.

She's only been in the biz since the early 2010's, and even performed for a local indy near here called Covey Pro in WV, where she got her start in the biz. For those unaware, Covey's training was horrendous, hurt the trainees, and is considered the lowest form of training for the sport. Kelly Klein, Nyla Rose, and Maria Manic are the only three people to "make it" coming from that school. They had Big John Green train anyone who came in, which involved mostly him putting the trainees in shoot wrestling holds and making them escape. I don't know how much Nyla trained after Covey Pro, but she was just as rough as I remember seeing her in person. She's improved slightly, but the basics are something that no one from that group was ever given.

Anyway, she's probably my worst from a worker perspective and as a fan for this year. Joking about molestation ain't cool either, jack.
    Last edited by gurryman; 12-20-2019 at 05:25 AM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Nyla Rose vs Riho is maybe the best women's match in AEW so far. Regardless of individual skill that people may the may think of her, she doesn't have many duds unlike Britt Baker, Allie, etc.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I cant look passed Charlotte. Sure she can deliver at times, and I think that actually makes her lows even worse. She can at times be almost great but she's also seemed incredibly selfish in 2019. When she has to put someone else over she noticeably no sells everything and nearly refuses to even let the other person she's working with do anything. Particularly in the match with Lacey Evans. Her inability to notice or care that Kairi was out of it at TLC is another big mark against her too. As great as she's meant to be and she was so clueless and unable to adapt.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Charlotte's had like 2 good performances, both involving Asuka, the best in the company and then loads of looking a half step above a backyard wrestler. Even Sasha has at least improved with her heel turn and actually been shockingly good in the HIAC. It seems like Charlotte's actually gotten even worse this year.

Also I was completely right about Dana being better than her.

I feel for the AEW women because they're often not put in situations to succeed, but really they've honestly all been equally lackluster/bad outside of perhaps Shida. Of the talent level, Leva and Nyla are clearly the lowest but still, they're not put in positions to have emotional matches or anything like that that I would put any of them into top tier category. Charlotte blew it and tanked arguably the biggest women's match of all time in America, scrambled someone's brain because she had a hissy fit, cut a litany of atrocious promos and had a lot of whack matches throughout, including one of the worst of the year which was also completely her fault despite there being 3 other people there. I just can't name anyone else who has failed over and over in high profile positions like she has.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I assume you mean the WM main event when you mean the biggest women's match in NA history. Everyone in that match tanked, not just Charlotte. Even Ronda, who I don't really have any criticisms against.

Fearless University

Status

All three women definitely fell flat on their face in the WM Main Event. Such a historic moment and they churned out such a sloppy dud of a match. But Charlotte being shoe horned into it was such a letdown from the moment it happened. No one wanted Charlotte in that match except the McMahons. Ronda v Becky had a real buzz to it, but HHH and his Ric Flair obsession wouldn't allow that. So just another mark against her in a year that has exposed her as not actually being a very good Pro Wrestler at all.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

While we’re all ganging up on Charlotte, I remember everyone giving Nia Jix shit for not catching her moonsault when it was that typical Charlotte over-rotation. So Nia took a bunch of online flack for not safely catching a couple knees flying towards the top of her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I assume you mean the WM main event when you mean the biggest women's match in NA history. Everyone in that match tanked, not just Charlotte. Even Ronda, who I don't really have any criticisms against.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    All three women definitely fell flat on their face in the WM Main Event. Such a historic moment and they churned out such a sloppy dud of a match. But Charlotte being shoe horned into it was such a letdown from the moment it happened. No one wanted Charlotte in that match except the McMahons. Ronda v Becky had a real buzz to it, but HHH and his Ric Flair obsession wouldn't allow that. So just another mark against her in a year that has exposed her as not actually being a very good Pro Wrestler at all.
    Exactly. It never should have been that way in the first place and Charlotte had the most to prove for being put in there and it actually wrecked the entire flow of the match. Now it's on booking but it's on her to deliver as well. Ronda vs. Becky would have been a much better performance from the other two, while Charlotte has had many singles matches where she looked quite poor.

And holy shit Marketh is right. Her Moonsaults are one of the worst I've ever seen. Either horribly overrotated or in the ring she lands on her feet accidentally and quickly scrambles down to cover for it and embarrasses herself. Nia is an easy target at times because she got called up too early but we know how the Charlotte defense force can be, just look at how people defended her inclusion in the WM match and swore on a stack of Bibles that it was the right call and she was a great worker with MOTYCs last year.

Fearless University

Status

Nia deserves some blame in that match, she did drop Charlotte on her head, but the moonsault botch was always, what was she meant to do differently? Catch Charlotte's knee's? That was just a situation where everyone already disliked Nia and would take any chance to crap on her, while Charlotte was/is a Horsewoman, was a favourite of most of us, she was relatively fresh and exciting, and you could make the argument she was hungrier as well so her performances were tighter. Like 2019 in particular has seen a drastic drop of in the quality of what Charlotte puts out there, and I think its fair to say that's because she knows she's got her spot locked down. She's got another 6-7 Women's Title runs in her before she retires, WWE are hell bent on getting her to 16, if not 17 even if 15 of those reigns are entirely forgettable. She knows she's got it made so isn't putting in the same effort, and I even feel like she feels a bit untouchable hence why she doesn't bother making people look good anymore. Her no selling, and seeming refusal to work with people this year has been atrocious. So many Charlotte matches have just been her shaking everything off, and just muscling her way into hitting her spots and just ignoring what the other women are trying to do.

As for her moonsault, she hits it like a gymnast as opposed to a Wrestler. Lands on her feet, sticking the landing and then drops down. There's two big issues there as well, one; its super obvious, and two; she hasn't addressed, she hasn't changed the way she does it and seemingly no one backstage has told her to correct it.

King EC

Status

Charlotte has turned in a good handful of solid matches this year.

vs. Lynch and Carmella - 1/8
    vs. Asuka - Smackdown 3/26
    vs. Rousey and Lynch - WrestleMania 35
    vs. Lynch - Money in the Bank
    vs. Stratus - SummerSlam (huge carry job by Charlotte)
    w/Lynch vs. Bayley and Sasha - Smackdown 10/4
    vs. Bayley - Hell in a Cell
    vs. Bayley - Smackdown 10/11
    w/Natalya vs. The Kabuki Warriors - Raw 11/4
    vs. Ripley and Banks - Smackdown 11/22
    vs. Asuka - Raw 11/25
    vs. The Kabuki Warriors - Raw 12/2

Granted, some didn't like the Mania triple threat and sure, the handicap against The Kabuki Warriors is debatable, but I think they were perfectly solid matches, though not without their faults. At the end of the day though I feel trying to argue Charlotte is the worst women's wrestler of the year is completely bogus. Even putting the actual wrestling to the side, it's not like she's had a stranglehold on the spotlight all year. She did win three titles this year, but the reigns were extremely short lived and overall benign. If anything, those title reigns were just used to elevate Becky and Bayley who would defeat her for the belts.

So in no world do I see Charlotte as a legit candidate for this award when the likes of Allie, Britt Baker, Lacey Evans, Bayley, Tamina, Emi Sakura, Jessamyn Duke, Vanessa Borne, Leva Bates, Priscilla Kelly, Tenille Dashwood or even Dana Brooke exist. No chance.
    Last edited by Mr. Peanutbutter; 12-20-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Good for EC for putting the other side of the argument together because Charlotte has had more good matches out of anyone woman on the main roster not called Becky Lynch (and not by much). It would be criminal for me to think of Charlotte as one of the worst womens wrestlers in the world when she's on the same show as Billie Kay who has had another mediocre year, looks like bambi on ice when she wrestles and her divas standard gimmick is totally out of tune with recent times AND her tag team killed any interest in the tag belts.

Trying to pin the WM main event failing on her more than anyone else is comical, really is. She's not Hulk Hogan in WCW with creative control forcing her way into matches against the company's will. Vince made the call to put Charlotte into the match so if you're gonna say well Charlotte ruined the match because Becky Vs Ronda would of been better, then your issue with with Vince because Charlotte sure as hell didn't make the decision for him. All three women were horrible in the match so that is as much a black eye on Becky as it is Charlotte, arguably it's worse on Becky because that's the biggest match of her career and she flopped in it.

The moonsaults are rubbish and by now someone should of told her to cut it out, but obviously the agents aren't doing that.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Can I consider Lana for this? I know she hasn’t wrestled much this year but everything with her in this cuck angle has been awful imo, I haven’t minded Rusev and even Lashley in this even if I’m not his biggest fan but she’s been terrible in it.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information