Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2019 (20/04-04/05)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2019 (20/04-04/05)

NJPW "SENGOKU LORD IN NAGOYA", 20.04.2019
    Aichi Prefectural High School (Dolphins Arena)

Shota Umino & Ren Narita. Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura
    Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Tomoaki Honma, Toa Henare & Jushin Thunder vs. Liger. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
    Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Dragon Lee . Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Taiji Ishimori
    Mikey Nicholls Vs. Chase Owens
    Hirooki Goto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White & Hikuleo
    Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, SHO & YOH Vs. Tetsuya Naito, "King of Darkness" EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI & Shingo Takagi
    IWGP US Heavyweight Title: Juice Robinson (c) Vs. Bad Luck Fale
    IWGP Intercontinental Title: Kota Ibushi (c) Vs. Zack Saber Jr.

NJPW "WRESTLING HINOKUNI 2019", 29.04.2019
    Gran Show Kumamoto

Tomoaki Honma, Shota Umino & Ren Narita. Toa Henare, Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura
    Jeff Cobb, YOSHI-HASHI, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
    Dragon Lee & Will Ospreay Vs. Taiji Ishimori & Hikuleo
    Mikey Nicholls Vs. Bad Luck Fale
    Juice Robinson Vs. Chase Owens
    Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH Vs. Tetsuya Naito, "King of Darkness" EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI & Shingo Takagi
    IWGP Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Toru Yano
    Hirooki Goto Vs. Jay White

NJPW "WRESTLING DONTAKU 2019", 03.05.2019
    Fukuoka International Center

Tomoaki Honma, Shota Umino & Ren Narita. Toa Henare, Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura
    YOSHI-HASHI, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi. Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
    Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Will Ospreay. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Hikuleo
    Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH Vs. Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI & Shingo Takagi
    Hirooki Goto, Juice Robinson & Mikey Nicholls Vs. Jay White, Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
    Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL & SANADA
    7th NEVER Openweight Title: Jeff Cobb (c) Vs. Taichi
    IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title:Dragon Lee (c) Vs. Taiji Ishimori

NJPW "WRESTLING DONTAKU 2019", 04.05.2019
    Fukuoka International Center

Jeff Cobb, YOSHI-HASHI, Toa Henare, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
    Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Jushin Thunder Liger Vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Gedo
    Hirooki Goto, Juice Robinson, Mikey Nicholls & Tomoaki Honma Vs. Jay White, Bad Luck Fale,
    Dragon Lee & Will Ospreay vs. Taiji Ishimori & X
    Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH vs. Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI & Shingo Takagi
    Tomohiro Ishii Vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL
    IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) Vs. SANADA

Last edited by MC 16; 05-27-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Relentless Admin

Status

Re: NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2019 (20/04-04/05)

Okada beats Sanada clean in the NJ Cup Finals

Sanada awarded IWGP Heavyweight Championship match against Okada 2 weeks later

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Got some really good looking matches this tour. Like the Goto vs White match. Not sure what to expect and it's not been done before. Expect White to win in response losing the title but the match should be well worth the watch. Juice Robinson vs Fale could be okay or bad, but again, it's something we've not seen a lot of. Ibushi vs Sabre will be good. Good main event for the big first show of the tour. We finally get the Dragon Lee vs Ishimori that everyone was excited for too. It goes without saying that it's going to be a great match. Ishimori has had a really good title reign so far and this will go a long way in continuing that. Okada vs SANADA should be a good match as it always is and it's perfectly fine for a main event. Rematches of tournaments are a regular occurrence.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Juice/Fale is an instant no.

I have literally no faith in Jay in any kind of singles match at the moment, letalone a completely random one like this vs. Goto. Goto had a strong performance vs. SANADA in NJC and is still a top tier worker but it's gonna take a lot to get something that works for me out of him.

Ibushi/ZSJ's NJC match really didn't do it for me and ZSJ's proving to be more miss than hit of late. Even Ibushi hasn't quite touched me the way he did last year, but I do ultimately think this will work out to be pretty good.

Ishimori/Lee could be a strong MOTYC if all goes well.

Is Fantasmo actually gonna be a heavyweight or is there a swerve as X..?

Ishii/EVIL should be a hoot. I hope the next challenger can come out of that match, especially if it's Ishii since that would be a semi-fresh challenge for him.

SANADA vs. Okada is not only poor booking on paper, it's also a completely lame duck main event. This even being booked has to lead to the question of if "bad booking" even exists anymore for them since ultimately the brand and BUSHIROAD's publicity is the draw now and they clearly have their foot way off the gas atm creatively.

Relentless Admin

Status

On phantasmo, I believe the BOSJ poster that’s been floating around the web has an odd amount of wrestlers on it (19 I believe) so I’m still working on the basis that he’s coming in a Jr.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

NJPW "Sengoku Lord in Nagoya", 20.04.2019

Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Tomoaki Honma, Toa Henare & Jushin Thunder vs. Liger. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
    Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Dragon Lee . Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Taiji Ishimori
    Mikey Nicholls Vs. Chase Owens
    Hirooki Goto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White & Hikuleo
    Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, SHO & YOH Vs. Tetsuya Naito, "King of Darkness" EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI & Shingo Takagi
    IWGP US Heavyweight Title: Juice Robinson (c) Vs. Bad Luck Fale
    IWGP Intercontinental Title: Kota Ibushi (c) Vs. Zack Saber Jr.
    Zack Sabre Jr vs Kota Ibushi takes place tomorrow! Should be an interesting match. They have faced each other before but I don't believe they had a main event spot, at least on a show like this. Fale vs Juice should be fine. Both results aren't in doubt but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Pretty fun show. The main event was a treat to watch and more than made up for other dissapoting matches from these two. The CHAOS vs LIJ match is worth watching too.

Naito coming out to challenge Ibushi for a title match is interesting. Not sure what they are going to do with that match.

Status
      Country                    United States

Does Bad Luck Fale just absolutely fucking suck or what? Man, I admire that crowd for actually remaining invested in that match and Juice's comeback because they would have been booing them out of the arena in America. On that same note, I used to see something in Juice but I've found the recent bouts I've watched him in pretty painstaking to get through.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Don't worry, EC. I'm pretty sure literally everyone realizes Fale sucks.

Juice is good, but he might be the single worst booked performer in NJPW along with YOSHI-HASHI & Goto. Fale as stated sucks and doesn't even try. Cody didn't care in his match at WK. Chase match got horribly overbooked and would suck no matter what. No matter what Juice did he wasn't going to succeed in any of his matches recently. Would love to see him get a reset away from the US title too, that thing is totally worthless.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The US title is pointless and doesn't add much to the shows. As great as the Jay White run was, take away the title and keep the same feuds, it doesn't lose anything without the title.

I thought the match was fine. Followed the Hogan v Big Man structure perfectly well. But I do wish Juice would get some good opponents. Guess that's the downsides of having too many titles, talent pool is stretched thin.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I definitely don't agree Jay's run was great. He sucked for like 6 months outside of Finlay and Juice carrying him.

Speaking of worst booked people, Last night's Jay/Ishimori vs. Lee/Goto match was good. Worth watching. Lee & Ishimori are gonna kill it, Goto & White is the most pointless feud of all time.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I definitely don't agree Jay's run was great. He sucked for like 6 months outside of Finlay and Juice carrying him.

Speaking of worst booked people, Last night's Jay/Ishimori vs. Lee/Goto match was good. Worth watching. Lee & Ishimori are gonna kill it, Goto & White is the most pointless feud of all time.
    I disagree. I came out of those matches thinking more highly of White then I did with his opponents. In the Finlay feud especially. Can't see where those two carrying from. It's not like Juice had a stellar year outside of the White feud either (Finlay was injured so it's not fair to judge him in that way). I'd say it was more of a case of two wrestlers suiting each others strengths rather then one carrying the other. White also had the Okada feud for the back end of the year which was one of the highlights of the year too, although that doesn't say a whole lot.

But yeah, don't sleep on the 'Road To' shows. I actually prefer those cards to the big shows overall.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The crowd carried Okada and White. We saw what they could do in a main event at MSG and it wasn't good.

All the good parts of White and Finlay and White and Juice were because of the others (and Josh Barnett) is why I said they carried him. Just look at Jay's G1 for evidence of this, where he was worse than nearly everyone except for the Tongans with no standout matches. He's arguably one of the worst people on the roster atm.

I miss Finlay, he was great though.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Watch today's main event between Sanada/Shingo vs Okada/Sho. Fantastic match with incredibly strong builds to their respective matches. Crowd was so hot for Okada/SANADA going at it, and even more so for Sho/Shingo.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

good line up

Relentless Admin

Status

Starting to think Sho Tanaka is one of the best wrestlers in that company and hoping that carries through during the BOSJ. Good tag match with Okada earlier in the week and probably my favourite Jr tag title match in a long ass time against LIJ yesterday.

If Sho and Shingo aren't in the same block, then I really could see that being the final of the BOSJ they've been building to a match for so long and now it's heating up big time.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

100% agree. Personally would have been grooming him on his own since last BOSJ. He's way outshone Yohei from basically the beginning & it hurts to be "the other guy". If it were up to me I would pull the trigger on Sho over Ospreay & pay off this rivalry but I could also see Sho being the one to end Shingo's streak in the Block.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Been a big fan of Sho since seeing him briefly in ROH, so glad to see he has made tremendous strides and has become as great as he has become. Her performance in the tag matches as of late have been mindblowing.

Sho vs Shingo is the way to go for the BOSJ finals. Ospreay is Ospreay but if you want to push Sho as a top Junior, I would have him in that spot. Hottest thing in the company right now, and that's not an exaggeration.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Goto tried hard, but I don't know if anybody can have a good match with Jay right now.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Jay needs to stop doing the flash blade runner because it looks godawful every time. The match was good but nothing to right home about. Match quality fit the show calibre

Thread Information