Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Formula 1 and Racing R US Discussion Thread

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: Formula 1 and Racing R US Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    I don't see it as bias at all, and I get the reason behind the decision, but I totally disagree with it. Given F1 is at a pretty critical point in its history, to kill one of the few intriguing races this season is both baffling and maddening. Totally support Seb's opinion that "this isn't the sport I fell in love with". Formula E goes a bit too fa the other way with the constant contact, but let them race ffs. They're going to regulate themselves in to irrelevance at this rate.

That said, Seb's rant, sulking away, returning and flipping the markers for 1st and 2nd was pure theatre and I loved it. Shame it needed such a race-ruining stewards decision to get there.
    Even if it was worthy of a penalty, its a dumb time to hand out a penalty like that. Most people I know who have any interest in F1 have stopped watching over the last few seasons as its just become more and more sterile, and the actual racing has become more and more extinct.

They're regulating all the competition and excitement out of the sport. If it wasn't for F1 being around so long, and the "romance" around it as an elite level racing series I think they'd be struggling for viewers at this point. FE is regulated so much better, and they allow the drivers to actually race and compete for spots. F2 is pretty exciting most of the time as well with a more competitive field. F1 doesn't have any of that anymore, and they're increasingly shooting themselves in the foot with all the regulations and penalties.

Not being a Lewis fan, and seeing him never really have any bad luck while everyone around him is constantly being hit with bad luck and penalties its probably just a case of me seeing a bias there. Stupid shit like this penalty just feeds that though.
    Last edited by ETE; 06-11-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Status

The funny / ironic thing is that F1 made all these changes in the off-season to make things faster in hopes of opening it up. Nope. Didn't matter. Youngest set of drivers ever! Nope. Makes no difference.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

I will never not be amused by Sebastian Vettel throwing his toys out the pram.

He really is something else.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Thread Information