Thread: WWE WrestleMania 35 - WWE Champion Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Wrestlemania Generic WWE WrestleMania 35 - WWE Champion Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    For the love of their New Day cohort Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods reigned supreme in a Tag Team Gauntlet Match, conquering the likes of Gallows & Anderson, Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura, The Bar, The Usos and eventually “The New” Daniel Bryan & Rowan to finally earn The Dreadlocked Dynamo his much-deserved WWE Championship Match against Bryan at WrestleMania.

Kingston began his WrestleMania quest when he competed in a Gauntlet Match prior to WWE Elimination Chamber, lasting an hour and racking up three eliminations in a performance that had the WWE Universe clamoring for Kofi to be given a chance on a bigger stage. Kingston put on another stellar performance inside the Chamber, making it to the final two and nearly dethroning Bryan before narrowly coming up short.

Although Kingston was initially given a one-on-one WWE Championship opportunity at WWE Fastlane, the rug was suddenly pulled out from under him when Mr. McMahon replaced him with a returning Kevin Owens. Also at WWE Fastlane, The Chairman baited Kofi into the ring for a Handicap Match against The Bar, resulting in a 2-on-1 demolition.

In the wake of what The New Day and the WWE Universe considered an outrage, Kingston, Big E and Woods confronted Mr. McMahon on SmackDown LIVE and implored him to give Kingston a legit chance. From there, the Gauntlet was thrown down, and Kingston conquered it in heroic fashion by overcoming United States Champion Samoa Joe, The Bar, Randy Orton and Rowan. Moments after the determined competitor turned in the awe-inspiring performance, however, Mr. McMahon once again turned the tables on him, adding Bryan to the contest and assuring that the war-torn competitor would finally taste defeat.

The fed-up New Day considered quitting WWE if the situation was not rectified, but before they could walk out, Mr. McMahon responded by putting Kingston’s fate in the hands of Big E and Woods, placing the duo in a Tag Team Gantlet Match to determine if Kingston would go to The Showcase of the Immortals, and The Power of Positivity conquered that task in heroic fashion.

Kingston will now go to war with the outspoken Bryan, who has spent months looking down his nose at the WWE Universe and berating them for their lifestyles, in a matchup that could very well steal the show on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Bryan, who turned back five challengers to retain his title inside the Elimination Chamber and overcame Kevin Owens and Ali in an edge-of-your-seat Triple Threat Match at WWE Fastlane, recently scoffed at the notion of defending the WWE Championship against Kingston, whom The Planet’s Champion has repeatedly referred to as a “B-plus player.”

After 11 years of blood, sweat and tears, can Kingston realize his dream by capturing the WWE Championship at The Showcase of the Immortals? Find out at WrestleMania, Sunday, April 7, streaming live at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network!

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE WrestleMania 35 - WWE Champion Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston

After Fastlane, I was somewhat expecting this to be a triple threat with Owens involved. But, perhaps because the main event is a triple threat, WWE didn't want to do another triple threat title match on the same show.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

The Butterfly effect is an amazing thing. If Ali doesn't get injured, Kofi doesn't get the chance to enter the Elimination Chamber, which means he doesn't have an amazing showing in the elimination match, go on to have an amazing showing at Elimination chamber and have the fans push for him to get a title chance at Mania. If Ali doesn't get injured....no one even considers Kofi for a title match AT ALL, let alone at Wrestlemania.

Win or lose Kofi has earned this moment and I have no doubts he will give us a great match.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

They aren't going to do three feel good title switches for the three "main" events and sadly this is the one I can see where the heel prevails. Kofi may well get a short title run down the road but I smell something going down that stops him winning the title.
    I have a plan so cunning......

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

It's the same thing as the Seth match. I genuinely don't see them pulling the trigger here. I think WWE will believe that just giving Kofi this shot at Wrestlemania is enough, and if they do it in the correct way, they may be right. I don't think Bryan will lose it here but I do think this will be one heck of a match from a story and drama standpoint.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Cool fan made video for Kofi, an homage to the Daniel Bryan video package with the same song.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Haha just watched this myself and was literally about to post it. It’s amazing. Hope to see something like this next week on TV.

Established Veteran

Status

Really looking forward to this match. Great storyline, great build. This didn’t even seem likely back in January. Ever since Kofi replaced Ali in the chamber he’s been on a major roll. Now Kofi-Mania’s running wild!!! Kofi’s always been a solid midcarder. He’s main evented ppvs in multi-man matches for title shot opportunities(Rumble, MITB and Elimination Chamber). He’s never had a one on one match for the heavyweight title at a ppv. Glad he's getting his biggest match of his career at the biggest show of the year.

This will be his first one on one match at WM and he has a terrible record.
    WM24: Didn’t win the pre-show battle royal
    WM25: Competed in the MITB Ladder match but didn’t win.
    WM26: Competed in the MITB Ladder match but didn’t win.
    WM27: He wasn’t even going to be included on the show and was a last minute replacement for Vladimir Kozlov. This is Kofi’s only win. Big Show, Kane, Kofi and Santino defeated The Corre in a quick squash.
    WM28: He was part of the losing team in the big 12 man tag match.
    WM29: Didn’t even have a match on the card, He was on the pre-show panel.
    WM30: Didn’t win the ATGM battle royal
    WM31: Competed in two pre-show matches(4 way tag and ATGM battle royal) Lost both of these matches.
    WM32: New Day lost against The League of Nations
    WM33: New Day were the guest hosts and didn’t compete in a match.
    WM34: Bludgeon Brothers defeated The New Day and The Usos in a 3 way tag.

Shocking record. His only win was at WM27 in a very quick 8 man tag match.

Bryan has been brilliant as a heel. The promos between Kofi and Bryan have been great and I expect them to deliver a great match. Kofi winning the title would be a brilliant feel good moment. Let Kofi-Mania run wild. It would be so disappointing if he loses. Now if they do plan on breaking up The New Day then don’t do it too soon. Build it up slow and do this in the Summer.

Thread Information