R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Impact Wrestling Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered

Total Nonstop Action
    19/06/2002-15/06/2014

How Did We Get Here?

12 years. For 12 years, TNA has been the #2 wrestling promotion in America. In that time the company has had it's ups, with legends such as Jeff Jarrett, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Jeff Hardy, Sting, Mick Foley, The Dudley Boyz, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner and many more, with homegrown stars such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Abyss, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Gail Kim, Awesome Kong & The Beautiful People. We've had iconic moments such as Kurt Angle headbutting Samoa Joe in his first appearance in TNA, Bobby Roode's shocking turn on James Storm to win the TNA World Championship, Beer Money Inc and The Motor City Machine Guns' 2 Out of 3 Falls Match, Bully Ray winning his first World Title by forming the Aces & Eights, the 301 day X-Division title reign of Austin Aries, culminating with him winning the World Title, and who can forget, Styles vs Joe vs Daniels. The company played a major part at legitimizing women's wrestling with their Knockouts division and the X-Division put on death-defying matches that wowed audiences around the world. TNA had it all.

However, while TNA always had the talent to be one of the best organisations in the world, they were plagued by TERRIBLE downs that just need mentioned to send shivers down the spine. Claire Lynch. The Main Event Mafia. The rest of the Aces & Eights. World Elite. Immortal. The dismantling of the X-Division. The de-legitimization of the Knockouts division. Failure to capitalize on their homegrown talent's momentum until it was too late. The list goes on. It's easy to blame one or two people for these disasterous moments. Some blamed the booking team, more specifically Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, for rushed storylines, car-crash booking and trying to constantly push either stars who were at least 5 years past their best, or stars who were fresh off a middling stint in WWE. Others blamed the top brass of the company, claiming Dixie Carter should have learned from these mistakes instead of going back to the same well over and over again. Either way, TNA had seemingly been on a downward spiral since mid-2013, and this was just the culmination of it.

On March 9th 2014, while in storyline Dixie Carter was ousted from power by MVP, something of a real-life scenario occured behind the scenes. Panda Energy removed Dixie as the president of TNA, giving her an minority stake in the company, but having no power to make any decisions on hirings, firings, etc. We saw new president, Lucas Spradlin, who worked as Panda's Chief Financial Officer at the time, take the reigns as president of the promotion. Spradlin, not knowing really anything about wrestling, would hire his buddy, David Robertson as the new head booker. Robertson, a big TNA fan, would slowly make his mark in the promotion. His first PPV in charge, TNA Sacrifice, would be described as a pretty good show, with EC3/Kurt Angle being the highlight of the card, followed by the Gunner/Bobby Roode match and Magnus/Bully Ray for the TNA Title.

The biggest news however never came from any of the matches, as MVP would announce that the next TNA PPV, Slammiversary, would be the final TNA show ever, as they needed a new name, with new titles, to show that MVP wasn't playing when he said he wanted to change things around here. TNA needed a re-brand to establish itself as the true alternative it needs to be, not the same old watered down crap you've seen a million times before.

TNA is dead.

Prepare for Impact.

TNA Slammiversary: End of an Era

TNA World Title
    Magnus (C) vs Gunner

TNA World Tag Team Titles
    The Wolves (C) vs Bad Influence

TNA Knockouts Title
    Madison Rayne (C) vs Mercedes Martinez

TNA X-Division Title
    Sanada (C) vs Tigre Uno

Loudmouth Collision
    Bully Ray vs Ethan Carter III

Revenge
    Samoa Joe vs Abyss

Cowboy vs Showtime
    James Storm vs Eric Young

TNA Sacrifice Results:

Spoiler:

Eric Young defeated Abyss in a Monster's Ball Match
    Young pinned Abyss with the Piledriver onto glass

The Wolves defeated The BroMans (C) for the TNA World Tag Team Championships
    Edwards pinned Godderz with the Hammer of the Gods

Willow defeated Austin Aries
    Willow pinned Aries with the Swanton Bomb

Sanada (C) defeated Tigre Uno & Chris Sabin for the TNA X-Division Championship
    Sanada pinned Sabin with the Moonsault

Ethan Carter III defeated Kurt Angle
    EC3 pinned Angle with the One Percenter

Madison Rayne (C) defeated Angelina Love for the TNA Knockouts Championship
    Rayne pinned Love with the Rayne Check

Gunner defeated Bobby Roode
    Gunner pinned Roode with the F15

Magnus (C) defeated Bully Ray for the TNA World Championship
    Magnus pinned Ray after EC3 tossed Magnus a chair

Impact Champions:

Impact World Champion

Eric Young
    (19/10/2014-Present)

Previous Champions:
    1 Magnus - 178 Days (19/12/2013-15/06/2014)
    2 Gunner - 126 Days (15/06/2014-19/10/2014)

Impact X-Division Champion

Chris Hero
    (19/10/2014-Present)

Previous Champions:
    1 Sanada - 231 Days (02/03/2014-19/10/2014)

Impact World Tag Team Champion

Beer Money Inc (5x)

(
    19/10/2014-Present)

Previous Champions:
    1 The BroMans (2x) - 56 Days (02/03/2014-27/04/2014)
    2 The Wolves -102 Days (27/04/2014-07/08/2014)
    3 The United - 73 Days (07/08/2014-19/10/2014)
    4 Bad Influence (2x) - 5 Minutes

Impact Knockouts Champion

Mercedes Martinez

(15/06/2014-Present)

Previous Champions:
    1 Madison Rayne (5x) - 153 Days (13/01/2014-15/06/2014)
    Last edited by Chaddes; 08-29-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered

Fucking hype. What a roster this was. Subbed.

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

Really excited for this! Best of luck to you - You have a reader in me.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Interesting time to come in because WWE hadn't completely picked the bones of the indie scene at this point.

I like the idea of bringing in Mercedes Martinez into the KO division. That's a good first acquisition.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

Looking forward to this. I really love the time period, as many have stated above me, WWE still hadn’t picked through the Indy’s/TNA talent just yet. I’ll be reading. Good luck!

Serious Professional

Status

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. I'd stopped watching TNA by this point but recognise a lot of the names still, so this could be a lot of fun. I'll be reading.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

TNA TNA Slammiversary: End of an Era 15/06/2014

TNA Slammiversary

Arlington Texas
    15/06/2014

We open up with footage of the NWATNA PPV back in 2002. From Jorge Estrada, Sonny Siaki and Jimmy Yang opening up the show with AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn and Low Ki, to Ken Shamrock winning the NWA Title, to Jeff Jarrett's stranglehold over the company at the time, to the iconic cagewalk by Elix Skipper. Slowly we start to leave the weekly PPV days and start seeing highlights of 2004-2008 TNA, where we see the likes of AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Petey Williams, Chris Sabin and others tearing up the X-Division, the Latin American Xchange brawling with America's Most Wanted and Team 3D, Team Canada's run, the debuts on the likes of Christian Cage, Sting, Jeff Hardy, Rhino, Raven and of coarse, Kurt Angle. We slowly morph to 2009-2013 TNA, with the likes of the Main Event Mafia running roughshot over the company, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff & Ric Flair making their TNA debuts, AJ Styles winning the TNA Title, the Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money Inc feud, Bobby Roode winning the TNA World title & dropping it to Austin Aries 8 months later and of course, the Aces & Eights running the show.

The video then abruptly cuts to Magnus winning the Dixieland match against Jeff Hardy in December, interspursed with quotes of him claiming he has taken out the best names in TNA history. "Jeff Hardy? Gone. AJ Styles? Gone. Sting? Gone. Samoa Joe? Gone. Bully Ray? Gone." We see highlights of Magnus celebrating with his title, with the feed cutting out to Gunner calling Magnus a paper champion to the champ's annoyance. The video speeds up as the two trade words and blows, ending with the two staring each other down on the go-home Impact, saying in unison, "I will be crowned champion."

We fade out to see 3500 people going wild in Arlington Texas going wild as we go over to our announce team, Mike Tenay & Taz.

Tenay: "Ladies & Gentlemen, welcome, to the End of an Era, welcome to the last ever TNA PPV, welcome, to TNA Slammiversary! It's Mike Tenay, it's Taz and what an incredible lineup we have for you tonight!"

Taz: "No doubt, Mike, no doubt! We are gonna be entering a new era for Impact Wrestling after tonight, and I have no doubt that tonight will be a hell of a final sendoff for TNA!

Tenay: "We have one hell of a card for you all tonight, including the return of former TNA World Champion Samoa Joe, who hasn't been seen since he got attacked at LockDown by his opponent, "The Monster" Abyss, we'll see the Knockouts in action, as the reigning 5 time champ Madison Rayne defends her title against quite possibly the most dangerous Knockout we have ever seen, "The Latina Sensation" Mercedes Martinez, Eric Young's quest to challenge for the World Title at Bound for Glory continues against James Storm and international warfare as the X-Division Champion Sanada defends against the undefeated Tigre Uno."

Taz: "Then we have the match I'm most looking forward to, as finally, after weeks of verbal warfare between the two, Ethan Carter III will take on the toughtest S.O.B. I know, Bully Ray. Now we know Ethan can take it to legends in the sport. However, with Ray constantly getting in his head, can he keep his undefeated streak alive?"

Tenay: "And finally, the main event. For over 6 months, Magnus has used every trick in the book to retain his TNA World Championship. But he may just be counting down the minutes till he takes on a man who arguably would have won the title back in February if it wasn't for interference, "The Modern Day Viking," Gunner.

Taz: As we have seen throughout the buildup to this match, Gunner has beaten EVERYONE Magnus has thrown at him to keep this opportunity, every week Gunner would defeat a random opponent of Magnus' choosing, from former world champions in Chris Sabin, to destroyers in Abyss, Gunner has proven he should be in the main event. However, do NOT count the champion out. As we saw a few weeks ago, Magnus brutalized Mr Anderson to retain his title, to the point where we don't know if we'll see Anderson again. Magnus is THE real deal and if Gunner ain't careful, he'll find out with his shoulders on the mat."

Tenay: "A great night of action live in Arlington tonight. Lets not waste anymore time, let's take you to "J.B." Jeremy Borash for the action!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Devious*
    Out comes the former 2 time tag champions, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian. Coming out in brand new bright yellow tights with red patterns, while Kaz is wearing a red and yellow Bad Influence shirt. As the two are strutting to the ring, we see highlights of the build for the last few weeks, including Bad Influence claiming to be the greatest tag team in wrestling history and both men defeating Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards in singles competition, although through nofarious tactics (Kazarian defeating Richards by grabbing the ropes, while Daniels pinned Edwards by hitting him with the Tag Title). The arrogant duo pose in the centre of the ring, signalling that the Tag Titles are coming home with them.

And out come the champions, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards, wearing black tights and holding their TNA World Tag Titles. Davey & Eddie storm to the ring, with Bad Infulence running away when the champs enter to pose with their titles. They hand their titles to referee Brian Hebner, who raises the new Impact Tag Titles above his head to the crowd.

Impact World Tag Team Championships

The Wolves (C) vs Bad Influence
    Match: We start off with Davey and Daniels having a technical exchange in the ring, with both men trading holds and countering. Daniels nails a shoulderblock, before leapfrogging over Richards only to be caught with a big kick to the chest! Daniels straight away rushes and tags in Kazarian, who then procedes to charge at Richards, only to get kicked right in the head for a 2 count. Richards tags in Eddie, nailing a double Armdrag where Kaz goes FLYING across the ring, then when Daniels charges at Edwards, he gets thrown into the air for Richards to blast him in the chest! Both men roll outside to re-group, only for Eddie and Davey to hit a double Suicide Dive! The Wolves were in complete control, until Kazarian poked Edwards in the eye and threw him into the ring apron, only to get a 2 count. Bad Influence would work over the head of Edwards, using quick tags and underhanded tactics to keep Edwards from tagging in Davey. At one point, Richards got the tag, but Kazarian would distract the ref by trying to bring a chair into the ring, leading to the ref turning his attention to Davey, while he drove the top of the chair into Eddie's ribs. Finally though, Edwards would reverse the Angel's Wings by Daniels into a Death Valley Driver, getting the hot tag to Richards who ran wild on the former champs. After some entertaining back and forth, the finish came when Daniels attempted to throw his martini into Edwards' face, but "Die Hard" ducked and the martini went straight into Kaz's eyes, leading to a Small Package by Eddie and a Spinning Back Kick to Christopher on the outside for the win.
    The Wolves (C) defeated Bad Influence for the Impact World Tag Team Championships (Edwards pinned Kazarian with a Small Package)
    Time: 12:46

Davey and Eddie roll out of the ring to celebrate a successful Tag Title defence! The Wolves get handed their new tag titles and the two clink the belts together before raising them above their heads, while Bad Influence are left growling at the champs, having lost a chance at regaining what they feel is rightfully theirs.

The Director of Operations for Impact, MVP is in his office, talking to someone on the phone. As he's talking though, Samuel Shaw, who was last seen 2 Impacts ago losing to Tigre Uno in 1 minute, storms into the room, clearly furious.

Shaw: "The hell is going on?! This is the last ever TNA Show and I don't have a match?! What kind of two-bit operation are you running?!"

MVP: "I gotta go. *hangs up* What's goin on Sammy? Why you all pent up like that? Relax a bit will ya?"

Shaw: "Don't you god-damn tell me to relax! I want to know RIGHT NOW why I don't have a match?"

MVP: "Well, Sammy to be honest with you, you haven't earned a match. Every single match you've been in since LockDown, you've lost. Hell, you're lucky I didn't outright fire your ass as soon I became the Director of Operations with all that Christy sh*t! And the losses are getting quicker, and quicker, and quicker."

Shaw: "FLUKES! THEY WERE ALL FLUKES!"

MVP continues, not done with his point.

MVP: "You lost to Eric Young in 5 minutes, Austin Aries in 3, Willow in 2, Gunner, Sanada and Tigre Uno in just over a minute."

Shaw: "They all caught me at bad moments, If I had a rematch with all of them, I'd beat them all! Twice as fast!"

MVP: "......Y'know? I like you Sammy-"

Shaw: "STOP CALLING ME SAMMY!!!"

MVP smiles, knowing he's under Shaw's skin.

MVP: "Sure, anyway, I like you Sammy, you've got a lot of fire in ya, you're willing to come into MY office and DEMAND a place on the card, even though we both know you don't deserve it. That takes guts."

The Director has a more serious expression as he looks at Samuel, leaning in as he's talking.

MVP: "I mean it. I ain't playin dawg. I respect that."

Shaw: "Spare me the empty platitudes and give me a match."

MVP smirks, his attempts at kindness being brushed off.

MVP: "Okay man, you do you. Tell you what, I'm gonna cut you a deal: your match is gonna be up next, if you win, you get to challenge for ANY championship on Impact WHENEVER you want. You lose? You need to attend therapy."

Shaw: "I don't need therapy."

MVP: "Oh really? Cause I have 2 months worth of programming that say otherwise."

Samuel goes to speak up, but knows he's beaten here.

Shaw: ".....Fine. Who's my opponent?"

MVP: "A new signing. Signed the dotted line not long before you barged in. He's ready to go. Now, I have some business to attend to, and you have a match in 30 seconds, so I guess that's all?"

Samuel scowls, but nods his head and leaves for his match, while MVP sits back and smiles.

MVP: "I like the kid. Angry & a bit creepy, but I like the kid."

*Dead Flowers*

Samuel Shaw's theme plays to indifference from the crowd. The commentary team talk about how this is unexpected, as Shaw demanded a match as we are scheduled to have Samoa Joe vs Abyss up next. Shaw adjusts his gloves & stares up the ramp.

The lights going out. The crowd all buzz, as they wonder what's going on.

The commentary team are quiet as eventually the audience start dying down. We hear the opening of Lux Aeterna, A singular cello, before eventually swelling and building to a choir and an orchestra kicking in. On the titantron there are highlights of a shadowy figure nailing elbows, kicks, and posing before ending with the chant of:

"Hero!"

"Hero!"

"Hero!"

"Hero!"

*Chris is Awesome*

IT'S CHRIS HERO! HERO IS IN IMPACT!

Chris comes out with black and purple trunks and a silver robe, clapping forearms with the front row of the audience, unable to hide the massive smile on his face. The crowd all get behind him as the whole of Arlington are chanting "HERO!" to the independent legend. Shaw growls at Chris from the outside as "That Young Knockout Kid enters the ring and does his trademark pose in all four sides of the ring, before taking his robe off and telling Shaw to bring it.

Samuel Shaw vs Chris Hero
    Match: OH! Hero ducks a clothesline and nails a vicious running Discus Elbow! 1! 2! 3! Chris Hero wins his debut match in 9 seconds!
    Chris Hero defeated Samual Shaw (Hero pinned Shaw with the Discus Elbow)
    Time: 0:09

Hero gets up and puts his wrist to his ears, checking the time in how quick he won. Hero poses on the second rope with a huge smile on his face, the crowd chanting his name as the former ROH Tag Team Champion & PWG World Champion celebrates in the ring.

We go backstage where we see Christy Hemme wearing a lovely orange dress in the interview area.

Hemme: "Thanks Mike & Taz and what a match we just saw between The Wolves and Bad Influence! If you thought that was good, then you're going to LOVE the rest of the show. Joining me at this time though is a man who hasn't been seen live since LockDown, the Samoan Submission Machine, Samoa Joe!"

The camera pans to Joe, who has a towel around his neck and looks ready to kill out there.

Hemme: "First of all, I think I speak for everyone in TNA when I say we're so happy to have you back after that vicious assault by Abyss at LockDown."

Joe: "Eeeehhh probably not everyone, but thanks. It feels great to be home."

Hemme: "I bet. So, my first question to you is, how do you feel you're going to compare against Abyss in the ring? While of course he's the taller and stronger man, he's also been in the ring more than you have, due to you being out of action. Is ring rust going to play a factor?"

Joe: "No. Y'see, Abyss absolutely is the bigger guy, he's absolutely the stronger guy and he's also god-damn crazy. But he ain't the only one who's willing to go to extremes to get what I want."

Joe faces directly into the camera.

Joe: "How you feelin Abyss? After I choked out James Mitchell on Impact this week? I bet you feel pretty angry huh? In fact, I bet you feel like you wanna rip me limb from limb. Good. Because THAT'S HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU!"

Joe get right up into the camera.

Joe: "Everytime my wife had to watch me in a hospital bed, fighting to even breath, I've been waiting, salivating for this moment. The moment I get to take you to that ring and beat your ass ALL OVER ARLINGTON! The difference is though, I ain't gonna need a stupid plank of wood with nails in it to keep you down. Oh no, I PROMISE YOU, I WILL BEAT YOU HALF TO DEATH ALL BY MYSELF!!!"

Joe storms off before Christy can continue with any further questions.

*Blackhole*
    Out comes the man responsible for costing Joe the TNA World Title and for him not appearing on Impact for 3 months, "The Monster" Abyss. Abyss slowly walks to the ring, ready to fight the man who cost him his opportunity to fight for the world title 3 weeks ago against Gunner.

The menacing intro to Nation of Violence hits and out comes Samoa Joe, wearing black and blue baggy shorts as a throwback to his LockDown 2008 gear where he won his only TNA World Title. Joe storms to the ring with fury and fire in his eyes, ready to go to war with the man who cost him the world title at LockDown.

Abyss vs Samoa Joe
    Match: No feeling out process here, the two monsters charge into each other and start throwing bombs! Abyss knees Joe in the gut and goes for a clothesline....WOW! A BIG Scoop Slam by Joe to the 330 pounder! Joe goes to full mount and lands some big punches, then starts trying to lock in an Armbar! Abyss locks his hands together though and rolls through so Joe can't extend the arm.....Oh my god! Abyss deadlifts Joe into a massive Powerbomb! 1! 2! No! The crowd go nuts for the carnage they are witnessing, as Abyss slows the contest down by wearing down Joe's back. "The Monster" chokes Joe against the ropes and digs his hands into the nerves of the Grand Slam Champion, but "The Samoan Submission Machine" is able to fight back and lands a beautiful Enziguri! Joe gets back into the match with some right hands and he sits "The Monster" onto the top turnbuckle.....Oh my god Muscle Buster-NO! Abyss rolls out and goes for the Black Hole Slam, but Joe flips out of it, Coquina Clutch! The Coquina Clutch its locked in! Abyss tries slamming Joe into the corner....It didn't work! Joe still has it locked in! Abyss tries slamming to the mat..... It still didn't work! And now Abyss is in a dangerous position! HE TAPS! The Monster taps! Samoa Joe gets revenge!
    Result: Samoa Joe defeated Abyss (Joe submitted Abyss with the Coquina Clutch)
    Time: 08:02

Joe gets up, a look of pure rage on his face as Brian Stiffler raises his hand in victory. Joe growls into the camera before just looking at Abyss and smirking. He grabs Abyss' heade and locks in the Coquina Clutch again! Joe's eyes are filled with fury as he chokes the Monster until he goes completely limp. Joe admires his handywork, then celebrates some more before heading to the back, fist bumping a few fans.

We go backstage to Mercedes Martinez, who's taping her wrists getting ready for her Knockouts Title Match.

Martinez: "You know how long I've busted my ass to get here? To get to this company? I'll tell ya, 8 years. Since I saw Gail Kim become the first ever Knockouts Champ, I saw TNA. I saw the wars between Gail Kim and Awesome Kong, I saw ODB, I saw Taylor Wilde and I went to myself "Huh, I wanna work there! I wanna fight the best in the world and not get judged because of my gender!"

Mercedes chuckles to herself, a look of disgust on her face.

Martinez: "But the weeks went on. Then the months. Then the years. I never recieved ONE opportunity! It ain't like TNA didn't know about me, I was the biggest name not signed to a major company! I didn't recieve as much as a tryout! And that wouldn't have been so bad, if they were signing the best women in the world! But HELL NO!"

Martinez starts lacing up her boots, still talking.

Martinez: "This company, that claimed to care about women's wrestling, that claimed that it respected women, were signing Lacey Von Erich. Velvet Sky. Angelina Love. Tara. Brooke Tessmacher. Daffney. Madison Rayne. Women who had NO business being in a TNA ring! Models and "Divas" that were stealing a paycheck, MY paycheck! Hell, by 2010, TNA had reduced it's Knockouts division to winning titles by opening a f***ing box."

Mercedes sits slouched, the anger starting to build up.

Martinez: "And you people all supported it. That's what hurt man. The people, the idiots that originally praised TNA for finally giving women a platform to be respected, were cheering, as the "Queens" started strangling the Knockouts division. You CHEERED when Angelina Love won the Knockouts Title by opening a box! You CHEERED when Brooke, a bimbo who's only notable trait is jiggling her ass, won the title! You CHEERED when the division was being choked out by the same three or four women in rotation challenging for the belt! YOU CHEERED, whenever we had to objectify ourselves.

Mercedes sits up, fire in her eyes as she stays staring away from the camera.

Martinez: "Over the past few weeks, we've seen people talking about what TNA meant to them. Y'know what TNA means to me? Failure. Wasted potential. A company that had an opportunity to show everyone how good women can be, but in the end, turned out to be worse than Greenwich. At least we know what that company thinks about women. TNA tried to lie to us first."

Mercedes looks saddened at what she just said, looking at the floor, then for the first time, directly into the camera.

Martinez: "Madison, you're f***ing delusional if you think I'm just pissed off that I didn't get signed back in 2007. No. I'm pissed off because people like you are an embarrassment to MY division. To EVERY woman who busts their ass every day to get better at this to break a stigma, only for you to waltz in over them because you don't have a gag reflex. Tonight, I break you. Originally when I debuted I said this wasn't personal? Thinking about it more, it is personal. Because YOU are the embodiment of everything I hate in women's wrestling. It was YOU who was champion in 2010 when this company systematically started killing my division. You're the "Queen." Tonight, I kick you off your throne."

We cut to SoCal Val, who is outside the TNA World Champion's locker room. She opens the door to see Magnus is training in his locker room, doing jumping jacks to prepare for his latest title defence.

Val: "Hello? Magnus?"

Magnus: "The hell do you think you're doing?"

Val: "Sorry, I was wondering if I-"

Magnus: "No! Okay, I have a really important title defence later tonight, okay? I don't have time to be answering any questions. Now get out! And next time, knock!"

Val: "Okay, sorry-"

Before she can finish her sentence, Magnus slams the door on her, leaving her dejected. She's about to walk away, until the door opens again.

Magnus: "In fact, I have one thing to say. To ANYONE who has called me a paper champion, watch tonight. Because I'm gonna show you all what a REAL Champion looks like."

With that, Magnus goes back into his locker room.

*Reggaeton Generation*
    A woman who has made a massive impact in her short time on the roster, Mercedes Martinez comes out to some boos from the crowd, not that she cares all that much. As Martinez swaggers to the ring, we see highlights of her since her debut, dominating The Beautiful People and Rebel in one-sided beatdowns until Madison Rayne made the save. Mercedes, wearing teal and purple gear, confidently smirks as she awaits the champion.

Out comes the reigning TNA Knockouts Champion, Madison Rayne to a decent pop from the fans. Rayne, wearing black and blue for tonight, raises her title above her head before marching to the ring with purpose, staring down Martinez as she gets into the ring, the challenger with a sick grin on her face.

Impact Knockouts Championship
    Madison Rayne (C) vs Mercedes Martinez
    Match: This is a completely one-sided beatdown by Martinez, who right out the gate lands a HUGE flying knee to the face! Martinez lands some brutal elbows before kicking the champ in the head multiple times. Mercedes steps on Rayne's head and shows complete disrespect, wiping her feet on the canvas and yelling to the crowd "That's your champ?!" before picking Rayne up by the hair and goes for the Three Amigas. She get's one suplex....There's two....What in the world? OH! Mercedes nails a Hangman's Neckbreaker! 1! 2! No, Madison barely survived that. Rayne tries to fight out of Martinez's grip with some forearms, but Mercedes headbutts Madison and nails the Fisherman Buster! 1! 2! 3! Mercedes Martinez dominates Rayne for the win and the Impact Knockouts Championship!
    Result: Mercedes Martinez defeated Madison Rayne (C) for the Impact Knockouts Championship (Martinez pinned Rayne with the Fisherman Buster)
    Time: 05:42

As mentioned, a completely one-sided beatdown at the hands of Martinez to Madison. Martinez grabs the new Knockouts Championship and raises her eyebrows, shrugs her shoulders and throws the belt over her shoulder, as if she knew exactly what was going to happen. Mercedes would just walk backstage, while Madison is still in the ring, not moving since the Fisherman Buster. She finally starts trying to sit up, the realisation of her title reign coming to an end hitting her. Rayne tries not to cry as she just makes her way up the ramp.

We cut back to MVP, who's standing behind his desk with a big smile on his face.

MVP: "Ladies & Gentlemen, my name is MVP and I am your Director of Operations for Impact Wrestling. I hope you're all enjoying what is hopefully a fitting sendoff to the TNA brand, because we still have a hell of a lot more to come. But that's not why I'm here. TNA used to have a staple back in the day, where some of the best high-flyers in the world would compete in a tournament to see who was the greatest high flyer in the world."

We zoom out from MVP to see that there's a big object covered in a dark blue cloth.

MVP: "The X-Division has long been a staple of TNA. One of the sole reasons this company got off the ground was because of the hard work of the likes of Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Chris Sabin and many more. Now? I feel it's time we fuse some old school with the new school. So, it's my honour to announce the Super X Cup!"

MVP unveils a BIG trophy, looking similar to the G1 Climax Trophy but with a big X on the top.

MVP: "Over the course of the next few weeks, we're gonna see 12 of the greatest high-flyers & technicians out there battle it out in a single elimination tournament. The opening rounds of will consist of four Triple Threat matches, with the winners facing off in the Semi Finals. The winners of the Semis will do battle at Bound for Glory X, where the winner will challenge the X-Division Champion at any PPV they want! And if you thought the Super X Cups in 2003 and 2005 were great, then yall ain't seen nothin yet! Thank you and enjoy the rest of the show!"

MVP sits back down as the fans cheer the announcement of the return of the Super X Cup!

*Tiger Uno*
    Out in red and black tights and mask, it's Tigre Uno! The high-flying luchador runs and slides into the ring, flipping to his feet and posing on the ropes, signalling he's going to become X-Division Champion.

Next it's the reigning TNA X-Division Champion, Sanada! Sanada is wearing his traditional blue and yellow colour scheme, but this time with some Great Muta-inspired facepaint, in tribute to his mentor. Sanada raises the X-Division Championship above his head before giving the title to Earl Hebner.

Impact X-Division Championship

Sanada (C) vs Tigre Uno
    Match: The match starts off as pure chaos, as Tigre lands a huge running Hurricanrana to the champ, sending him outside and Uno nails a No-Hands Corkscrew Plancha to Sanada! Uno picks up Sanada to throw him into the ring, only for him to reverse and throw Uno into the steps! Wait! Uno runs over the steps, slingshots into the ring and nails a Front-Flip Plancha! Tigre is on fire right now! The crowd chant his name as he high fives a bunch of fans, signalling for Sanada to get up. He charges at him....OH MY GOD! Sanada nails a Lariat so hard, Uno did a full flip onto the mats! Sanada throws Uno back into the ring and the match slows down a bit, as the "Shining Star" used his vast array of Suplexes and strikes to ground the Luchador. Tigre started fighting back, nailing for forearms sending Sanada into the corner....Running Dropki-WOW! Uno went for a Running Dropkick into the corner, but Sanada moved and now Tigre is caught in a Tree of Woe! Sanada smells blood as he strats hammering away on the leg of Uno, then nails a Running Dropkick to the knee!

Sanada spends the rest of the match working over Uno's leg, the commentary team pointing out that while Sanada's finisher's don't involve the leg, it's going to be very difficult for Tigre to hit the Sabretooth Splash when he can't walk. Sanada would show a more vicious side in this portion of the match, kicking the back of Uno's leg and slamming it against the ring post three times, then showing shades of Bret Hart and locking in a Figure Four Leglock on the ringpost! Sanada breaks after the count of 4 from Earl, but the Japanese Sensation picks Uno up and slams him down onto his knee for a 2 count. Uno tries fighting back with some forearms and goes for another Running Hurricanrana, but Sanada catches him and locks in a Single-Leg Boston Crab! Sanada even stands pright, so Uno is actually off the ground in the hold! However, the heart of Tigre is to be envied as he grabs the ropes to break the hold. Sanada plants Uno with a Enziguri and climbs up top....Moonsault! NO! Uno moved out the way! This is Uno's chance! Tigre fires himself up as he lands some punches to the face and nails a Spike Headscissors! Sanada rolls out the ring and Uno goes to the apron.....OH MY GOD! Uno with an Asai Moonsault! Tigre screams in pain clutching his knee and starts smacking it, trying to let some adrenaline through before using the barricade to help himself up and tossing Sanada back into the ring.

Uno sets Sanada up for a Kneeling Superkick, but Sanada reverses and goes for the Tiger Suplex! No! Uno escapes and nails the Sliced Bread #2! 1! 2! NO! Sanada JUST kicks out! The crowd are on their feet chanting for both men as the two trade blows, Sanada nailing a Spinning Backfist, then going for the Tiger Suplex again, but Uno turns it into a Wheelbarrow DDT!!! Tigre looks at Sanada and then at the turnbuckle, realising that the champion is in prime position for the Sabretooth Splash. Uno looks at the crowd who at this point are fully behind the Mexican. Uno drags himself up to the top rope......But Sanada leaps up with him! Sanada goes for a German Suplex off the top rope....But Tigre elbows him off! SABRETOOTH SPLASH! UNO CONNECTS! Tigre grabs his knee straight away, tears in his eyes and biting his own knee in pain as he drags his arm over Sanada! 1! 2! 3-WHAT?! SANADA KICKED OUT!!! Uno has his head in his hands, before looking at the champ who is starting to stir. Sanada slowly gets to his feet while Tigre can't even put weight on his left leg, using the ropes to hold himself up. The two men stare down, Sanada has a look of regret on his face, while Uno just looks beaten. Tigre looks at Sanada with pure fury and goes for a Superkick! But Sanada catches it, spins Uno round, Tiger Suplex! 1! 2! 3!!! Sanada retains!!!

Result: Sanada (C) defeated Tigre Uno for the Impact X-Division Championship (Sanada pinned Uno with the Tiger Suplex)
    Time: 17:48

Sanada and Tigre both stay on the mat for a bit, with "Japan Rising Sun" blaring through the speakers. Finally the two men start coming to, Sanada getting up and allowing for the referee to raise his hand and putting the title around his waist. Uno is sitting on the mat, clutching his knee, heartbroken that he was unable to win the gold. Sanada point at Tigre and applauds, while he and Earl both help Uno to the back.

We go backstage, where we see Samoa Joe walking through the hallway, happy that he defeated Abyss earlier in the night. As he's walking though, he notices someone is staring at him from a distance.

Joe: "You got a problem buddy?!"

The figure steps closer and we see it's "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero! Wearing a white suit, a black shirt and shades with a crucifix on the lense, Dinero has a big smile on his face.

Dinero: "Joe, my man, calm yourself. I mean no harm."

Joe: "What the hell do you want?"

Dinero: "I'm here as a messenger my man, nothing more, nothing less. Since I was last here in TNA, The Pope has decided to move to more of a managerial role, so The Pope have been looking for clients."

Joe: "I'm not interested."

Dinero: "Forgive me Joe, but I didn't recall asking if you were looking, did I?"

Joe: "You have 30 seconds to finish your point before I choke your ass out."

D'Angelo smirks at the threat.

Dinero: "Very well. As I was saying, The Pope has been looking for clients, and I found one who is particularly interested in fighting you."

Joe: "Is that so?"

Dinero nods.

Dinero: "Indeed it is my man. So, on behalf of my client, I offer you a challenge."

Joe: "You're on. When?"

Dinero: ".......Now."

Joe looks confused, until out of nowhere, Bobby Lashley just Speared Joe into a crate! Lashley lands some big blows until security drag him away, leaving Joe lying on the floor, clutching his ribs.

We go back to Christy Hemme, who is plugging the new Impact Wrestling Network streaming service, only for her to be interrupted by....

Daniels: "NOPE! No no no no no!"

Kazarian: "Sorry interview lady, but we're more important and we need to talk."

Christy goes to defend herself, Daniels gets up in her face.

Daniels: "GO!"

Hemme runs off camera while Kaz and Daniels look at each other, anger in Chris' eyes.

Daniels: "I can't believe....we just lost.....to a guy called Edward Edwards."

Kazarian: "I know man, I know."

Daniels: "And I wasted a GODDAMN GOOD MARTINI!"

Kazarian: "I know buddy, it's fine."

Daniels: "I'm sorry for yelling but DAMMIT! WE SHOULD BE THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! We are the best tag team in the biz-e-ness, how could we lose to those two?"

Kazarian: "They don't even have real fur."

Daniels: "I KNOW! AMATEURS!"

The two just stare at the floor before Daniels looks into the camera.

Daniels: I want you two to listen up, because we aren't just going away. We kicked your asses for 4 weeks leading up to tonight, you think we're backing down after losing ONE match?"

Kazarian: "UH-UH!"

Daniels: "Rhetorical question."

Kazarian: "Sorry."

Daniels: "It's okay. I want you two to enjoy tonight, no no no! I want you to truly enjoy it. Go out, have a few beers have a party! Get some.....well, I was gonna say get some chicks but there's no way girls are getting with someone called Edward Edwards."

Kazarian: "I think they're both married."

Daniels: "Really?"

Kazarian: "Yeah."

Daniels: "Damn......Poor women."

Kazarian: "I know.

Daniels: Anyway, consider tonight our gift from us, to you, David and Edward. We want you to saviour this moment, like a fine stake. Really get aaaallll the flavour out of this stake. Because sooner or later, Bad Influence....Are coming to slap the taste out your mouths and take what's rightfully ours. As for now? I need a martini."

Kazarian: "C'mon bud."

The two walk off, Daniels still sad about wasting his martini.

*Vintage*
    Out first in blue and yellow trunks is "Showtime" Eric Young to a BIG reaction from the Arlington fans. Eric high-fives most of the front row before sliding into the ring and posing on the turnbuckle, waiting for "The Cowboy" to come out from the back.

Out next is "The Cowboy" James Storm, carrying his noose around his neck, wearing black tights and a black trenchcoat to decent boos from the crowd. Storm saunters to the ring, not taking Eric too seriously as he enters the ring, smirks at the hard camera and glares at Young.

Eric Young vs James Storm
    Match: More of a cool-down match from the all-out war we witnessed not long ago, Young and Storm have more of a slowed down, generic wrestling match, with EY out-wrestling James early on, taking him down with a waistlock. Storm would try to escape with an elbow to the face, only for Eric to duck and transition with a Fireman's Carry into a headlock. James got to his feet and pushed Young into the ropes, only for Eric to stop, Storm charges at Young only for Eric to backdrop him over the ropes and nails a Suicide Dive. Young throws a few punches to James and goes to throw "The Cowboy" into the ring, but Storm reverses and throws Eric backfirst into the apron. From here, James works over EY in the ring, the crowd going quiet as he mainly uses a LOT of restholds, keeping Eric grounded with a headlock with the occasional trashtalk about how Eric will "Never be a champion boy!" Young finally starts fighting out of a chinlock and starts his comeback, nailing some clotheslines, but Storm knees him in the gut and whips him into the corner, only for EY to float over to the apron and kick James in the head. Young climbs to the top rope and nails a big Dropkick for the 2 count, clapping his fans to get behind him. After some back and forth between the two, Storm goes for the Last Call Superkick, but Young ducks under and nails a Death Valley Driver, climbs up top and hits the Elbow Drop for the 3 count and the win.
    Result: Eric Young defeated James Storm (Young pinned Storm with the Elbow Drop)
    Time: 10:22

We go back to the interview area, where we see SoCal Val standing by.

Val: "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm standing by with the "American Icon," Ethan Carter III."

We zoom out to EC3, who's alongside Rockstar Spud, the two looking smug as they head into their next match.

Val: "Ethan-"

Spud: "Excuse me, madam, that's Mr Carter to you."

Val: "Oh. Well, Mr Carter, up next you take on the former TNA World Champion and all-time legend, Bully Ray. With Bully being more of a brawler, what is your strategy heading into tonight?"

The two men look at each other and laugh patronizingly.

Carter: "Oh Vallery, if you weren't so pretty I'd have walked off due to how stupid that question is. No, I will not be releasing my strategy so close to my match, for as much as Bully is no match in terms of my intellect, he's still smart enough to change his gameplan to suit mine."

Spud: "Next question madam, make it snappy please."

Val: "Okay, okay. Over the past few weeks, we've seen you two constantly get the better of Bully. From costing him the TNA World Title at Sacrifice, to helping Rockstar Spud defeat him this past Thursday-"

Spud: "Oi! Now wait just a second sweetheart-"

Ethan puts his hand in front of Spud, signalling for him to be quiet.

Carter: "Spud, it's cool. First off, I didn't help Spud beat Bully at all. In fact, if you look at the footage, Spud CLEARLY hits the Underdog and pins him in the centre of the ring. Look....

We see footage of the Bully Ray vs Rockstar Spud match that took place on Thursday, we see Spud hitting the Underdog, but the footage is clearly missing the part where Bully kicked out, nailed the Bully Cutter and when EC3 ran in to Low Blow and nail Ray with the One Percenter.

Carter: See? And secondly, Bully should have known what was coming to him when he cost my aunt Dixie her job at LockDown. If it wasn't for him, my dear aunt wouldn't be sat at home, crying herself to sleep because her one passion, TNA Wrestling, was STOLEN from her. So tonight, I'd like to dedicate my victory for the woman who put this company on the map. So Bully, enjoy your final night as a TNA Roster member, because I'm going to do to you what I did to Sting & Kurt Angle. That's maim you. Because I'm a Carter. The World needs me."

Ethan smirks and cocky duo walk off, leaving Val to send it back to the announcers

"Ladies & Gentlemen...."

"E"

"C"

"3"

*Trouble*
    With a fresh titantron, showing highlights of his victories over Sting & Kurt Angle with a red, white & blue colour scheme, out comes a man who has had one of the most impressive rookie years in TNA history, Ethan Carter III, flanked by his Chief of Staff, Rockstar Spud. Wearing bright pink and silver gear, while Spud is wearing a brick-patterned suit, the crowd are giving Ethan a suprisingly mixed reaction, as we see multiple "Trouble" signs as EC3 poses in the ring.

Out next is the most outspoken athlete on the TNA Roster, Bully Ray. Ray high-fives some fans at ringside, but seems totally focused on beating the hell out of the man who cost him the TNA World Championship back at Sacrifice. Ray enters the ring and gets right in EC3's face, but Brian Hebner holds him back, telling him to wait.

Ethan Carter III vs Bully Ray
    Match: The first part of the match was Bully trying his best to get his hands of EC3, but Dixie's nephew keeps rolling out of the ring or getting into the ropes to keep Ray at bay. After a couple of minutes of stalling, Bully has had enough and charges for Ethan, nailing some big right hands as "Dixie's Favourite Nephew" tries his best to cover up, but to no avail. Bully takes control of the match, unleashing his anger on Ethan and even goes for the Bully Cutter, until Spud climbs onto the apron and throws his bow-tie at Ray. Ray looks at the bow-tie, then at Spud,the chases after him! Spud runs around the ring and even into the ring to avoid the wrath of Bully, leading to EC3 to nail a vicious Lariat to Bully! Carter works over Ray's head, stomping and elbowing the neck and head area, setting up for the One Percenter, trashtalking the former Aces & Eights leader while he's down. At one point, Carter grabs Ray by the nose and screams in his face "This next move is called Buh-Buh-Buh-Back To The Bingo Hall!" Before nailing A spinning Suplex into a Neckbreaker (Goldust's Final Cut) for a 2 count. Carter signals that it's all over as he picks Ray up for the One Percenter, only for Ray to reverse with a Saito Suplex. Bully starts his comeback, landing some Clotheslines, the Bionic Elbow combo and a Sidewalk Slam for the 2 count. Bully smiles and goes for a Powerbomb, but EC3 manages to reverse it with a Backdrop. EC3 once again goes for the One Percenter, but Ray pushes him off and he collides into Brian, crushing him in the corner. Ethan yells at Hebner to get up, taking his attention off Ray who nails the Bully Bomb! Ray gets up and the crowd start chanting "We Want Tables!" to which Ray smirks, but Rockstar Spud leaps onto Ray's back! Ray flips him off and grabs Spud as he tries to run away, dragging him up the ramp, towards the announcer's desk. Ray smashes Spud's face off the table before clearing it picking him up.....Powerbomb! A Powerbomb to Spud onto the announcer's desk! The table doesn't even break, as Spud crashes behind the desk into Tenay & Taz, while Bully charges to the ring to get Ethan.......CHAIR SHOT! A Chair shot to he head by EC3! He must have rolled outside and got a chair while everyone was paying attention to Bully and Spud! EC3 shakes Brian Hebner, who starts moving as EC3 picks up Ray's limp body....One Percenter! Ethan kicks the chair out the ring! Not like this! 1! 2! 3! Ethan defeats Bully Ray!
    Result: Ethan Carter III defeated Bully Ray (Carter pinned Ray with the One Percenter)
    Time: 15:13

EC3 sits up with a HUGE smile on his face, tapping the side of his head as the crowd shower him in boos. Carter gets his arm raised as he gloats around the ring, before kneeling down to Ray and simply saying "A Carter NEVER loses," then spits on his unconscious body before heading up the ramp. Spud by this point is there to greet Ethan, hugging his boss and the two high five and raise Ethan's arm in the air, with Ray starting to come to, a look of anger on his face, wiping the spit off his shirt.

We go backstage, where James Storm is sitting in his locker room, stewing in anger that he lost earlier in the night. As he's sitting there however, another man sits beside him, sitting aside crutches, but the camera doesn't zoom out.

Storm: "Give me a good damn reason not to beat the ever loving piss out of you?"

???: "Because it's hard to be intimidating when you just got your ass kicked on PPV."

Storm: "Yeah well, you're injured. At least I'm still fighting."

???: "But what are you fighting for? You lost to Gunner at LockDown. You weren't even on Sacrifice. You have a Feast or Fired Tag Briefcase with no partner."

Storm: "If you're just here to mock me then get the hell out my locker room, cause I'm not in the mood for this."

???: "I didn't come here to mock you. Look, I'm not on the run of a lifetime either. I lost to Gunner as well. I lost the chance to be 50% owner of the company. I-"

Storm: "I get it."

The man stops talking, understandig what James means.

???: "All I'm saying is, I get cleared to return to action by October. If you still have the briefcase, give me a call."

James sighs, "The Cowboy" letting this man's words sink in.

???: "If it makes you feel any better.......I'm sorry."

James looks at the man with a look of both shock and anger. He goes to say something, but just looks at the floor.

Storm: "Same number?"

???: "Yeah."

Storm: "Maybe."

James gets up and is about to leave, but stops.

Storm: "This better not be a game."

???: "It's not, I promise."

Storm walks away, the camera finally turns to see Bobby Roode! Bobby has a solemn look on his face, but flashes a smile, knowing the talk went as well as it could have considering their history.

We cut to Gunner's locker room, doing the last little tidbits of preperation before the biggest match of his career. We hear a knock on the door and it's Eric Young. The two fan favourites shake hands as Gunner invites EY into the room.

Gunner: "How you doing man? Congratulations on your win earlier."

Young: "I'm great man, and thanks. Storm had it coming to him, I'm just glad I pulled through."

Gunner: "Yeah, so..... I don't mean to be an ass but, is there anything that you need? I'm kind of getting ready for the main event up next.

Young: "Oh sure, yeah I get it. I just thought I'd come by to wish you luck tonight.

Gunner: "Aw thanks man, I appreciate it."

Young: "And it'll be an honour to beat you at Bound for Glory X."

the two share a laugh and shake hands, although there is some tension there.

Gunner: "I guess we'll need to wait and see won't we?"

Young: "Yes we will. Good luck bud."

Eric pats Gunner on the back and exits the room, while Gunner sticks on his camo vest jacket before leaving.

*Day of Rage*
    First, out comes the challenger for the World Championship, in his black, green and white trunks, "The Modern Day Viking," Gunner! Gunner is 100% focused on the biggest match of his entire 14 year career. Gunner poses in the centre of the ring, before pacing up and down, waiting for the champion to make his arrival.

Now out comes the TNA World Champion, wearing black and gold trunks and the TNA World Championship around his waist, Magnus. Magnus poses on the turnbuckle, raising the World Championship above his head with a smirk on his face, full of confidence that he'll walk out of Arlington with the title still on his shoulder. Lets take it to Jeremy Borash to the ring announcements.

Borash: "Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come for the main event of TNA Slammiversary! Introducing the referee in charge of this contest, Mr Earl Hebner. This match is scheduled for one fall and is for the Impact Championship of the World! Introducing first, the challenger, standing in the corner to my left! From Atlanta Georgia, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighing in at 245 pounds. He is the former TNA Television champion, the former TNA World Tag Team Champion and the 2013 Feast or Fired Briefcase winner, "THE MODERN DAY VIKING," GUNNER!"

The crowd pop for the "Modern Day Viking," Gunner completely focused on Magnus the whole introduction.

Borash: "And introducing the champion, standing in the corner to my right! From King's Lynn, England, standing at 6 feet 4 inches tall, weighing in at 240 pounds. He is the reigning, defending, TNA Champion of the World! He is MAGNUS!"

Magnus poses on the turnbuckle to the fans with the TNA Championship in his hand, pointing at himself saying "I'm the champ!" over and over. Magnus hands over the title to Earl Hebner, who raises the new Impact World Title for all the fans to see.

Impact World Championship

Magnus (C) vs Gunner
    Match: The two men start off the match with a staredown, neither man giving an inch or backing down. Out of nowhere though, the arrogant champion slaps Gunner in the face! Gunner smirks a little before nailing a headbutt! Magnus is bleeding from the mouth as "The Viking" lands some big shots in the corner before throwing the champ out the ring and dumping him face first into the barricade. Gunner waits for the TNA Champion to get up and nails a big boot to the jaw, before attempting to throw Magnus into the post, only for the champ to reverse and Gunner would be sent crashing face-first into the steel! Magnus looks at "The Viking" and smirks, but the camera catches a look of worry on his face, as Gunner's head is actually split open. Blood is POURING out of Gunner's head, as the replay shows the he didn't get his hands up in time, crashing forehead first into the edge of the rectangular post. Trying his best to stall for time, the World Champ rolls back into the ring and taunts while Gunner is being checked on by Earl. After a doctor comes to the ring and checks on if Gunner can continue, while Earl speaks to Magnus to let him know what's going on. Nodding, Magnus goes outside and throws "The Viking" into the ring and starts punching the wound! The champ is showing no mercy to his challenger and picks him up for the Magnus Driver.....Gunner slips out! F15! F15 by Gunner! 1! 2! 3!!! GUNNER DEFEATS MAGNUS!!!
    Result: Gunner defeated Magnus (C) for the Impact World Championship (Gunner pinned Magnus with the F15)
    Time: 06:23

Gunner has defeated Magnus in under ten minutes! That has to be one of the quickest main events in TNA history. It looked like Earl Hebner was going to need to stop the match, but Magnus just HAD to try and inflict more damage, and boy did he pay with the F15. Gunner is leaning on the ropes, blood gushing from his head as Earl straps the new Impact World Championship around his waist. Their isn't a big celebration though, as Gunner poses in the middle on the ring with the belt, before quickly rushing to the back to get his wound stitched up, the night ending on an unfortunate note.
    Last edited by Chaddes; 06-29-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Hail To The King

Status

So I read your show and I like it but , If you could in future try to break up the text for your matches a little hard to read at least for me.

I got to say I liked the idea of starting TNA from the rebrand if you do it right IMPACT could have that NXT feel to it.

Love the fact you got guys like Hero, Lashley, Pope back and I love the fact your givin Gunner a push . The matches are written pretty good. Look forwarded to seeing you do more

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Freshly Squeezed Royalty

Status

So, this is my real wheelhouse, 2014 TNA. I'm very very happy with your PPV, and it was a good show to end the series, an even better one to build off of. Huge fan of Chris Hero joining the company, as well as giving wins to EC3, Mercedes Martinez (who is a 100% amazing and underrated pick to build a division around so kudos), and Gunner. Though, I have very little interest in Gunner, especially as world champion, so I am hoping you can do something more interesting than he actually had/has.

With a possible main event core of EC3, Samoa Joe, Chris Hero, Lashley, and others, you have a very promising roster. I am excited for this to build going forward and you definitely have hooked a regular reader in me from that show.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

Alright man, time for some Slammiversary! As I posted in the beginning of your thread, I am really intrigued with this time period in TNA. I was still a weekly watcher and I thought the product was still decent. WWE hadn’t raided the entire roster just yet, and there were some signs that things might turn around. I vividly remember the tapings from the Hammerstein Ballroom in August of 2014 and being pumped to watch. Let’s see how you right the ship here. I scanned through this briefly yesterday, so I really don’t know all the minor details of this PPV. I’ll be dropping some thoughts down as I read along in full.

First off, I really like your format. Easy to read and follow. Nice work on that. Solid opening matchup. Both of these teams can go. I didn’t expect a title change here, but I am happy you put the titles on The Wolves as the first thing happening on the show. This should set the stage for the rest of the night, as if you are starting fresh I think all titles should change. Guess I’ll have to keep reading to see haha.

I totally forgot that MVP was even in TNA at the time, and I like him being the authority figure here. I never got behind Sam Shaw, so I’m hoping his mystery opponent is someone worthwhile. CHRIS HERO! Awesome! I really love Hero and always thought he was a guy that could do big things if he ever went to TNA. A squash match which is perfectly fine by me. I am hoping you push Hero right into the Main Event picture, because he can be a cornerstone of your BTB. Great stuff here.

Strong promo by Samoa Joe. You have his character down nicely here. Joe vs. Abyss? I’m all for a hoss brawl. I am assuming you are starting to push Joe as he picks up a relatively easy victory here. I was hoping for a brawl through the crowd or some tables or thumbtacks or shit like that, but I’m guessing you have a different plan in store for Joe moving forward.

I’m not too familiar with Mercedez Martinez, but from what other people are commenting on your thread she must be pretty solid. She debuts here and wins the Women’s title with ease, even busting out a hangman’s neckbreaker in the process.

I like heading back to MVP throughout the show. It’s little details like this that give the show an identity. He announces the return of the Super X Cup. I think that’s an awesome idea. You are basically building TNA back from the ground up, so this is the perfect time to introduce different ideas, such as the Super X Cup. I’ll be pumped to see where this leads.

Sanada vs. Tigre Uno has definitely been your best match of the night. The first few matches felt like a step above squash matches, and maybe you intended it that way. But this was an all-out match and I really enjoyed reading it. So Sanada retains the title here, and my prediction of all titles changing is now out the window haha. I liked that you kept the title on Sanada, and he is a guy that you could really build the X Division back around. I am very excited to see the X Division take shape following this PPV.

Now that was what I was waiting for. After virtually destroying Abyss, Joe gets attacked by Lashley. I love the duo of Pope with Lashley, I think you can get a ton of mileage out of them. I am really pumped to see a Joe/Lashley program in the future.

Nice post-match interview with Daniels/Kazarian. I liked that you gave them some interview time to get some of their heat back with a hilarious segment. I hope this feud with the Wolves isn’t done just yet.

I wasn’t a big fan of this next match, just because I love James Storm and I’m not too big on Eric Young. Booking wise, it makes perfect sense to have Young go over, but I’m hoping that Storm gets his heat back in the future.

I really liked this EC3/Bully Ray match. It was very well written and booked. EC3 had to use some sort of cheap heat to win here, and the finish was executed great. I hope at some point we get the Bubba Bomb on Dixie through the table, because that was one hell of a spot when it happened in real life.

Ah, so now it makes sense. I’m glad that you have given Storm new life with Bobby Roode, and I’m all for a Beer Money run. You can do so much with each guy, and with Roode out until October this was the perfect time to plant the seeds. Very well done here man.

I was excited for this main event, and I had a feeling you would put the title on Gunner, just the way you’ve booked everything thus far. I really liked the entire match and the doctor coming to check on Gunner. Everything here flowed real nicely. You kept Magnus strong even in defeat, which isn't easy to do. Great job on the main event.

So now Gunner is at the top of TNA, with Eric Young looking to take him down. You have Lashley/Joe on the horizon, a possible Beer Money run, Sanada holding down the X Division with the Super X Cup coming up, and Martinez as Women’s champ. On top of that you still have EC3/Bully Ray, plus Chris Hero waiting to pick his moment to strike. All in all, this was a fun read. I know how hard it is to get a BTB off the ground and make a certain time period “yours,” but you are well on your way to that after this PPV. You have tons of potential to build off of this show and I am very excited to see what you have in store moving forward.

Serious Professional

Status

Hey man, will be sure to leave a more detailed review for future shows, but just wanted to drop a note so I've read the first show and I enjoyed it a lot. There was a lot to happen, possibly too much, but I understand that if you were ever going to do it, 2014 in TNA would be it. You're at a real cross roads for the company, so throwing everything you have at making it seem exciting makes a load of sense. I do hope that was a one off to get things going rather than a regular occurrence, though.

Kudos for the main event too. Wasn't expecting it to go down that way, but it's ballsy as hell and I respect you taking the risk. That alone is enough to keep me coming back in the future.

So, yeah, good opening show that hints at what's to come, some big wins for some important names for you going forward, some cool debuts... very promising start, bud. I'll be reading.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

Impact Wrestling Re: Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered

Impact Bound for Glory X Build

Last Man Standing Streak vs Career Match

At Slammiversary, EC3 and Bully Ray went to war in Arlington, with Ethan stealing the victory by smashing Ray with a steel chair. Ever since then, both men have completely crossed the line in terms of a wrestling rivalry, involving physical attacks on both men's family and friends. Now, we have a match where everything is on the line for both men, as the two have agreed to put their careers on the line. If Carter loses, then Ethan will lose his undefeated streak he holds so dearly, if Bully loses, he will retire from professional wrestling.

Extreme-C3

After his victory at Slammiversary, Ethan and Spud held a "Hardcore Celebration," where the Impact ring was filled with balloons, streamers, party food and various hardcore weapons (Chair, barbed wire bat, singapore canes, etc). Carter came out to a frosty reception to say the least, although you wouldn't tell from the massive smile on his face. Ethan picks up the mic that's sitting on the table, looking at the weapons around the ring, and indulges in the popcorn on the table. Carter gloats about his victory over Bully, and how over the course of 8 months he's went from battling such titans as Norv Fernum, Curry Man and Shark Boy, to dominating legends of the business like Sting, Kurt Angle and Bully Ray. He calls himself the fastest rising star in the history of professional wrestling, stating no one has ever achieved as much as he had in such a short space of time.

Carter would shift the promo to talking about hardcore wrestling, and the time period that Ray was brought up in. Ethan would talk about Extreme Championship Wrestling, and how back then, you could get away with anything. "Back then you were considered "cool" for diving off of 20 foot drops. You were "cool" to smash people in the head with canes, wrap them in barbed wire, put yourself through flaming tables and throw out homophobic slurs like there was no tomorrow! Because back in those days, it was a fresh, vibrant new thing nobody has ever seen before." EC3 looks side to side confused, then smirks into the camera. "Kind of like how no one has seen almost anyone from that company actually achieve anything for almost half a decade."

This however brings out ECW legend, Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer is about to correct EC3 on his stance on ECW, but Carter grabs the mic off him and runs Tommy down for daring to interrupt him. Carter calls Tommy a washed up old man who refuses to admit that the times have changed and people don't want to see fat, 50 year old men hit each other with bats anymore, Tommy out of nowhere punches Carter in the face and starts whaling on him, but Rockstar Spud cracks him with the cane and the two beat the hell out of Dreamer, culminating with Spud and Ethan nailing a 3D to Dreamer through the party table!

Ethan would continue to run down ECW and it's legacy, and actively started calling out any former ECW legend to come and prove him wrong. After 3 straight weeks of EC3 squashing the likes of Tommy Dreamer, Al Snow and Raven, Carter came out during a taping at the Hammerstein Ballroom, bragging about putting the nail in ECW's coffin. "I've beaten Al Snow, I've beaten Tommy Dreamer and I've beaten Raven. Three guys, who if you put them in ANY other company, they'd be jokes, and rightfully so. But you put them in a crappy, dingy little hall with no air conditioning and tell them to destroy their bodies for 10 to 15 minutes, you have LEGENDS!"

Carter tells the Hammerstein that if you look at ECW's alumni now, they're all pathetic. "The ECW alumni are split into two camps. One camp, you have the guys who are beaten down, broke and retired, looking back at how things used to be. In the other camp, you have the same beaten down, broke old men, except beating whatever brains cells they have left out of each other to"keep the memory alive!" Even though your precious ECW is DEAD." However, while Ethan is ranting, the crowd begin to pop, as Bully Ray, who'd been off TV recovering from his chair shot by Carter, runs through the crowd! Carter and Ray trade blows, Bully getting the better and throwing Carter out of the ring!

The Big Bad Bully

The next week, Bully came out to a massive ovation, clearly having something on his mind. Ray thanks the Hammerstein Ballroom for the reception, but gets straight down to business. Ray rants about how he's been sitting at home, listening to a certain jackass cry about how ECW is dead and anyone that ever worked there is just a broken down, useless piece of trash and no one ever amounted to anything once they left. "Y'know Ethan, for someone who last week was sayin' how old ECW guys can't get over it's demise, you seem to keep going on, and on, and on about it huh?"

"Sure, I'll admit, there's a lot of guys who when ECW died, they didn't really move on and they always host tribute shows and homecomings to remember the company. Hell, I've took part in those shows and I ain't exactly a big fan of that myself. But what you seem to be missing, is not every old ECW guy just faded into the ether. some of them went on to not just be ECW legends, but pro wrestling legends. People like Jerry Lynn. People like Raven. People like Mick Foley. People like Rob! Van! Dam! And one more thing Ethan."

Bully gets RIGHT into the hard-camera.

"Do YOU know who I am?! Because let me remind you who in the hell I am. I am BULLY RAY, I am a 24-time Tag Team Champion. I am a former Impact World Heavyweight Champion. I DOMINATED this company! I ran Hulk Hogan out of Impact Wrestling! While you were carrying beer-kegs around the ring, with a big stupid afro and fighting a ballroom dancer, I had this company on it's knees with the Aces & Eights, and mentally destroying one of professional wrestling's biggest names. But that's the thing Ethan. You, for some reason, are trying to turn this whole thing into an "ECW is dead" thing. Well, that isn't how we do things here kid."

Bully is pacing in the ring, fuming.

"You cost me MY IMPACT Championship! That title, means more to me than anything else on this earth, I schemed and manipulated everyone in the damn company to get to that title. It's my life. You took that from me at Sacrifice. So no, Ethan, I refuse to let you turn this into a "ECW" thing. Because while ECW may be dead, Bully f**king Ray sure as hell ain't!"

The Return of Dixieland

The next week on Impact, EC3 comes out and announces he has 2 special guests, live on Impact. He talks about how no one, not even Spud, knows about this surprise. Of course Spud starts getting excited, asking Ethan what the surprises are, but Ethan puts his hand in front of Spud to be quiet and find out. "I have been attacked and assulted by a violent criminal, leading me to take last week off, and we ALL know how I hate to miss a show. So, ladies and gentlemen, please first welcome, my new bodyguard, "THE WAR MACHINE," RHINO!!!"

Rhino comes out to a shock pop, as the Hammerstein fans cheer an ECW Original, but start booing as they realise that he's aligned with Carter. he gets into the ring and EC3 hugs his new bodyguard. EC3 hypes up Rhino as a killer, before announcing his second surprise.
    "She is a hero to boys and girls around the world. The women want to be her and the men want to be with her, please welcome with open arms, for one night only, MY AUNT DIXIE!!!"

So ehh, the crowd go NUCLEAR for Dixie. Carter saunters to the ring, completely oblivious to the pure vile hatred she's getting. She hugs Spud and Ethan, Spud is ecstatic that his former boss is here tonight, and shaking Rhino's hand. Dixie is handed a mic by Ethan, and she proceeds to talk about how despite her being forced out of her own company, Ethan has done an amazing job, "like I always said you would" and is doing the Carter name proud. Ethan smiles gratefully at his aunt as she keeps talking in her southern drawl.

"And as for that no-good, double-crossing, piece of New York biker trash Bully Ray, you BETTER not get in ma' way tonight boy, because at Slammiversary, my beautiful nephew already showed you what it's like to recieve a good ol' fashioned Carter beatdown. So-"

"AW SHUT THE HELL UP YOU BITCH!!!"

The crowd pop as Bully comes out with a microphone of his own, Dixie is horrified the interruption.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!" she shrieks.

"You know damn well what I said, now shut your mouth." Bully stops at the ramp. He tells Carter he has a proposition for him. He talks about how Ethan has been beating the hell out of some hardcore legends and is calling himself a "Hardcore American Icon." Ray challenges EC3 to put his money where his mouth is. "At Bound For Glory X, we have ourselves a little match. Ethan Carter III vs Bully Ray II. This time, you don't get to fluke pin me with a chairshot, no. Hell, you won't even get to pin me. Instead, you're gonna face me, in a Last Man Standing Match!"

Carter smirks and just looks at Bully.
    "You REALLY think I'd risk my own health competing in a Last Man Standing match against a maniac like you? You're SOMEHOW even dumber than you look! Oh, in case you didn't get the memo, the answer is no."

Bully smiles a bit himself.
    "Y'see, I knew you'd say that. That's why I asked for a little help."

Ethan, Rhino and Spud look confused as Ray stands their smirking.....OH MY GOD! It's Brother Devon and Brother Runt! Team 3D is back! Spud ushers Dixie out the ring as the 6 men all start brawling in the ring! Ray and Carter are trading blows in the centre of the ring, Devon and Rhino go at it on the outside & Spud and Runt are knocking lumps out each other in the corner, all while Dixie is screeching for her nephew to "GET HIM!" This causes MVP to come out with security to restore order, and announce that later on tonight, we'll see Team 3D vs Team EC3, where if Team 3D win then EC3 will face Bully at Bound For Glory X!

The match starts off in pure chaos, all 6 men just going at it, however the match would eventually calm down into a normal 6 man tag, with Runt getting beaten down through most of it. After getting the hot tag the match broke down again with all six men having bright spots. Even Rockstar Spud nailed a beautiful dive onto everyone on the outside. In the end though, after Dixie failed to interfere in the match, Ray, Runt and Devon nailed a 3D to Rockstar for the 3 count!

Dixie started screaming in frustration, grabbing a cane while Team 3D were celebrating...OH! Dixie nailed Bully with the cane....Bully turns around! He wasn't hurt! Carter knows straight away she's messed up as she tries to apologise.....RAY GRABS THE HAIR!!! Bully throws her to Runt, and slaps Devon.

"DEVON! GET THE TABLES!!!"

Devon gets a table from under the ring and sets it up near the corner, as Bully sits on the second rope. Devon and Runt lift Dixie onto Bully's shoulders, while Ethan and Spud are begging them not to do it.....

2ND ROPE POWERBOMB THROUGH THE TABLE TO DIXIE!!!!

Impact goes off the air with EMT's rushing to the ring, a huge smile on Ray's face and a traumatised EC3.

Final Resting Place

The next week, Bully, Devon and Runt come out and celebrate their big return last week and, of course, putting Dixie through a table.
    "Now, I know a lot of people may have an issue with how I treated Dixie, but I'd like to propose this argument....The b***h deserved it!" The crowd all pop as Devon and Runt laugh, the three brothers all joking around the ring. We then go to Ethan Carter III on the TitanTron, who's in a white room.

"As if you couldn't be anymore of a scumbag, you put an innocent, kind, sweet, beautiful women in my aunt Dixie through a table. Who in god's name do you three knuckleheads think you are, laughing at my aunt's suffering? Well, I'm not in the Impact Zone tonight, I'm here in Nashville, taking care of my aunt. However, Bully, you now have me, at BFG-X, in Last Man Standing. Congratulations. However, I also have a proposition that I think you'd be interested in."

Ethan sits up and looks into the camera.

"Yes, out Bound For Glory match is official and in writing, but why am I putting everything on the line? I'm putting not just my streak, but my entire wrestling career on the line. What exactly am I getting from all of this? Nothing. So, If you beat me at Bound For Glory, which you won't, not only do you end my undefeated streak, but you most likely will get a shot at the Impact World Title. However.....WHEN I win, you are done with Impact. You are finished as an active competitor and you go join your washed up, broken down buddies at the old folks home, where you belong. What do you say?"

Ray thinks about it long and hard, huddling with his brothers, before taking a deep breath.

"If putting my career on the line means I get to drag your broken, bloody ass all through Arizona, you've got it!" Bully yells at the TitanTron, pure determination in his voice,

"I knew you'd say yes. Also, just as a warning to all the viewers watching, the segment you are about to see may contain some violent imagery, with large amounts of guts...and.....GORE."

GORE!!!

GORE TO BULLY!!!

Devon and Runt go to get Rhino, but EC3 and Rockstar Spud have already nailed them with chairs! The video was a trap! Team 3D are getting battered by all three men, when Spud pulls out....Handcuffs? He throws them to Ethan, who handcuffs Bully to the corner while Spud and Rhino beat down his brothers in front of him. Carter picks up one of the chairs and waits for Devon to get up.....
    OH MY GOD! A HUGE CHAIRSHOT TO THE HEAD!

Devon has been busted WIDE open and isn't moving. Ethan then turns his attention to Runt. EC3 tells Rhino to "break his f**king neck NOW!" to which Rhino gleefully goes outside and sets up a table near the apron. Spud is stomping on Ray but as he's stomping, Ray sees Rhino setting up the table and yells "Don't you dare you stupid bastard!" Rhino grabs Runt and takes him to the apron, all while EC3 grabs a mic and gets right into Ray's face.

"HEY BULLY! GET THE TABLES!!!"

OH MY GOD!!!! RHINO WITH HIS TRADEMARK PILEDRIVER OFF THE APRON!!!

Ray is shocked at what he just witnessed, his brothers laid to waste, all while EC3 is staring directly into his eyes. Ethan spits on his most hated rival, and leaves the ring, while Bully stares at Rhino, Spud and Carter is pure fury in his eyes.

This has already crossed the lines of professional rivalry and has became one of the most personal feuds this company has ever seen. Now, it all ends, live on Pay-Per-View. The only question is, is it going to be Bully Ray's career? Or EC3's undefeated streak? Find out on the 19th of October!

Gunner (C) vs Eric Young

While on paper, this is two fan favourites battling it out for the top prize in Impact Wrestling, it has become about much more. Ever since EY debuted as a member of Team Canada in 2004, Young has been overlooked. Whether it was playing second fiddle to Bobby Roode and Petey Williams in Team Canada, being the comedy relief of the company from 2005 to 2013, and being the unfitting leader of World Elite as he tried to find himself, Young has always been seen as just "a guy." A distinction that Gunner has taken advantage of to get into the challenger's head.

The Road To Glory

Gunner won the belt in unfortunate circumstances, getting genuinely hurt in the main event of the last ever TNA event, Slammiversary. Even since however, Gunner has proven himself as a fighting champion, defeating Magnus in a rematch and making open challenges at anyone on the roster, having good matches with Willow, Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Kenny King and many more.

Young became #1 Contender back on the 21/08 edition of Impact, battling Samoa Joe and Bobby Lashley in a Triple Threat match where the winner would compete for the World Title at any event of their choosing. An all-out war between all three men, Young would take a LOT of punishment from both men, including a Spear into the corner by Lashley and a Uranage onto the mats by Joe, however Young was able to fight back and after Bobby nailed a vicious Spear to Joe, EY ran into the ring and nailed Bobby with the Piledriver, rolled him out of the ring and hit Joe with the Elbow Drop for the pinfall victory.

After the match, Eric grabbed the mic, exhausted, and demanded Gunner came to the ring. The champ came down and Eric told him that Gunner is a hell of a champ, so if he is champion by BFG-X, it'll be Gunner vs Eric Young for the Impact Wrestling World Championship! Young offered the champion a handshake, telling him "good luck," to which the champ accepts, the two tensely staring down to end the show.

After the match had been confirmed for BFG-X, while the champ was still acting like a face to the fans, with Eric he kept making little digs at his opponent due to him being an "underachiever." During a match between Eric and Joe, Bobby Lashley and D'Angelo Dinero would run down and attack both men, with Gunner making the save, leading to MVP making a tag match, with the Main Event of Bound For Glory facing off against the Joe and Lashley.

The four would have a hard-hitting match, with Gunner and Eric working surprisingly well together, up until he end when Eric accidentally Big Booted Gunner off the apron, leading to a Spear and pin by Lashley. After the match, Gunner shook Eric's hand and accepted his apology....Only to nail him with the F15! Gunner raised his Impact World Title above his head and can be heard shouting "We're even" as we went off air.

The Contract Signing

On the final Impact before Bound for Glory, Gunner and Young had a contract signing, to solidify the main event of Bound for Glory X. Despite tensions boiling over a few weeks ago, the two men showed great respect for each other. Gunner called Young a tremendous competitor with a ton of heart, who's without a doubt being one of the greatest wrestlers to never win a world title. But there's a reason why EY he's never even got a shot at the world title yet. Gunner would go on to talk about how Eric had no killer instinct.

"When you're a world champion Eric, you need to be willing to to ANY lengths to keep it. No matter what it costs you in your personal life. You can't be goofing off on your fishing show, or screwing around with your wife, you need to be 100% focused EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK." Gunner talks about how ever since he won the World Title, being champion has been his #1 priority. Not his family, not his friends, nothing is more important to Gunner than hold the Impact World Title. "And quite frankly, I think that after I beat you at Bound for Glory X, you're gonna go right back to dancing in your underwear and being a joke."

Young takes in all of what Gunner says, smirking to himself while Gunner signs the contract. Eric goes to sign, but stops himself and picks up the mic on the desk. Eric talks about his past, how when he first came to Impact, he was a laughing stock, even when he tried to get serious and branch out on his own, he was ridiculed and mocked. Eric recalls his history in World Elite, to teaming with Orlando Jordan, to becoming friends with Joseph Park, now known as Abyss. Young explains that he does in fact have a killer instinct, "Gunner, I Piledrived Abyss headfirst into glass at Sacrifice. You're telling me I can't go crazy if I need to?"

Eric gets all fired up, yelling at Gunner saying that his legacy sure as hell isn't going to be defined by being a joke. "I have been in this company for a decade! I finally have the biggest opportunity of my entire life! And I beg you, no no, I DARE YOU to overlook me. Because you're not the only one who overlooked me to get to where I am. Bobby Roode. Magnus. Abyss. Bobby Lashley. Samoa Joe. James Storm, they ALL overlooked me. That's why I'm here and they aren't." Young signs the contract and tells Gunner he'll see him Sunday, backing out of the ring with the two men staring each other down.

Impact World Tag Team Championship

Full Metal Mayhem
    The United (C) vs The Wolves vs Bad Influence

In a match which was gearing up to be another rematch between The Wolves & Bad Influence, former Impact World Champion Magnus returned from a 2 month hiatus with his childhood friend, Rampage Brown to carry the belts into Phoenix. The feud kicked off back in May, when Bad Influence challenged The Wolves to a title match at Slammiversary and claiming to be the best tag team in TNA/Impact history, leading to the two teams battling at TNA's final show. After a back and forth match, it took Daniels accidentally throwing his martini in Kazarian's face, leading to a Small Package victory for the then champs.

Bad Influence weren't the only guys to have a bad night at Slammiversary. Magnus came into Arlington the TNA World Champion, however, he was beaten in just over 6 minutes by Gunner, after failing to capitalise on splitting Gunner's forehead open.

A Change of Heart

The next night, it was announced on Impact's Twitter page that Magnus would invoke his rematch clause on the first ever Impact Wrestling event.

At the show, none other than Rampage Brown would make an appearance. Magnus, expecting to be warmly embraced by his longtime friend, was slapped in the face. Brown would berate Magnus, telling him that the champagne and banging the boss (allegedly) has made him go soft. That he has no edge to him anymore. Rampage even went as far as to tell Magnus he's ashamed of the man he's become. "I remember when we was kids, scrappin' with 40 year old geezers at 16, the f**k happened?!" Magnus tries to tell Brown that the last thing he's went is soft, but Brown just laughs. "Mate, you know how I know you've gone soft? You'd have kicked my arse if I slapped you like I did just now." Magnus looks at the floor, before looking at Brown, telling him to watch the main event, then they'll see who's gone soft.

Gunner and Magnus would have a hard-hitting, longer and closer affair, but in the end Magnus got pinned with the F15 again, leaving him dejected, realising maybe he has gone soft. Footage appears after the show of Magnus still in his ring gear, going up to Brown and admitting he was right. Rampage smirks and pats Magnus on the back, telling him he's coming home for a while, as the two leave together.

During the next few weeks, Magnus & Brown would stay off TV, while Bad Influence defeated The BroMans to earn another shot at The Wolves. The shot came on the 27/07 edition of Impact, the two teams having a great match in the main event. However, just as Richards was about to hit Kazarian with the Creeping Death, Magnus suddenly started walking down the ramp, wearing blue jeans and a zipped up black leather jacket with the English flag on the back. Davey is momentarily confused, until Rampage nails him from behind with a chair! Eddie goes to help out his friend, but Magnus blindsides him, throwing him into the post and the barricade, all while Kaz and Daniels watch with delight. Magnus picks up a chair of his own and smashes Eddie with it. Daniels and Kazarian offer the Englishmen handshakes, but the two would batter Bad Influence as well! With all four men laid out on the canvas, Rampage smashing each man with a chair whenever they tried to get up, Magnus grabs a mic and talks about his fall from grace.

Magnus goes over how he manipulated Dixie emotionally to get to the top, however, he paid a price for the fancy suits, expensive flights, five star dinners and the Impact World Title. His manhood. "Over time I let Dixie do whatever the hell she wanted in my matches. Hell, in my first title defence, she convinced me to let eight men come down and attack AJ Styles, including you two jackasses, *points at Kaz & Daniels* even though I didn't need ANYONE's help. In turn, it made me look weak. Incompetent. It gave weight to the opinion that I am a "paper champion." Magnus explains that he has spent the last month and a half getting his ass kicked by Rampage to get back to his old self, and now? They're looking to take over this company. They are The United, and the takeover starts with the Impact Tag Titles.

A United Front

The next week, on the 07/08 edition of Impact, MVP would book a match between Magnus and Brown, now dubbed "The United," and The Wolves. However, before the match even started, Magnus managed to goad the champions into putting their titles on the line. However, the champs had a huge disadvantage. Due to the attack last week, Richards had injured ribs, while Edwards had a taped up shoulder. The United would exploit those weaknesses, working over the ribs & shoulder until, after putting up a good fight, Brown pinned Edwards with a Spike Piledriver to win the Impact Tag Titles, in Rampage's debut match. After the match, Brown & Magnus looked like they were going to do more damage, but Christopher Daniels & Kazarian made the save! Magnus and Brown escaped the ring, if only just because they couldn't be bothered, raising their newly won tag titles in the air. To add more insult to injury for Davey & Eddie, Bad Influence just started beating them down anyway, stomping on the two before proclaiming themselves the real tag champs.

The proceeding few weeks involved the 3 teams just going at each other, brawling throughout the arena and throwing out each other's matches, with The United mainly gaining the upper hand until MVP had had enough and booked The United to face Bad Influence & The Wolves in a Tornado Tag Match for the Tag gold on the 02/10 episode. The 3 teams went for broke, Bad Influence being the sneaky, crafty heels trying to get any advantage they can, The Wolves being resilient fighting babyfaces and The United using their brute strength to dominate the two teams. The ending of the match came when Kazarian hit Davey with the Fade to Black, Eddie nailed Rampage with the Boston Knee Party and Magnus hit Daniels with the Magnus Driver, leading to all 3 men getting the pinfall.

The match was ruled a no contest, meaning The United retained their titles, but MVP booked the three to rematch at Bound for Glory, making it a Full Metal Mayhem match! The final two episodes of Impact were just the three teams hyping up Full Metal Mayhem and how dangerous the match is, The Wolves being hungry to get their titles back, Bad Influence being 100% confident they're going to become champs, and The United being more straight forward, simply saying no team is more dominant that The United. But only one team can leave champions at Bound for Glory X!

Mercedes Martinez (C) vs Gail Kim

Ever since making her debut for Impact, Mercedes Martinez has been one of the most dominant female athletes Impact has ever seen, dominating Madison Rayne at Slammiversary in six minutes.

The Bullet

After not being on TV for a few weeks, Madison made her return and invoked her rematch clause, attempting to break her own record and become a six-time Knockouts Champion. However, it would turn out to be unsuccessful, as while Madison put up more of a fight, Martinez used her striking and high impact maneuvers to finish her off, nailing the Fisherman Buster for the pin. After the match, Martinez started beating down Rayne, going for another Fisherman Buster, until Gail Kim ran out to save Madison! Mercedes leaped out of the ring, grabbing her title on the way, while Gail checks on her friend.

Kim explained that Mercedes doesn't actually care about revitalising the Knockouts division, all she gives a damn about is moulding the division around her. "You talk such a big game about how "queens" like me, Madison, Velvet and Angelina all helped "kill" this division, but last time I checked, last year at Slammiversary, me and Taryn Terrell had one of the matches of the year!" Gail makes the case that Martinez doesn't want to "kill the queens" to rebuild the division. "No Mercedes. You want to "kill the queens" so you can be the ONLY Queen."

That comment brings out the Knockouts Champion, who is PISSED. Martinez gets in Gail's face, the Knockouts legend not backing down. The champ asks Gail who the hell she thinks she is, getting involved her her business like that? "And who the hell are YOU, of ALL people, to judge me for wanting this division to revolve around me? That's what you did three years ago when you returned!" Martinez goes off on Kim, bringing up her past in Impact, how she left Impact for Greenwich. "Did you leave because they were treating women better? Did you leave because they were getting a shot? HELL NO! You left because you wanted to roll around with models in 2 minute matches, simply because "Oh I didn't get paid enough!" For Gail to come out and try to stick up for the full division, pretending to be a locker room leader is "pathetic" according to Mercedes. Gail goes to respond, but Martinez follows up with a slap to Kim, leading to Gail taking her down! The two traded blows until Martinez rolled out the ring, a big smile on her face as she points to her Knockouts title around her waist.

The Interviews

The next few weeks, Gail and Mercedes would be seen trading blows, either backstage or after a match. Gail and Mercedes would have sitdown interviews with Mike Tenay. We first see Gail's, where the former champion is wearing a nice black gown and makeup, really doing herself up for the interview. The two chat about the old days of Impact, talking about her career when the Knockouts division first started out and how her wars with Awesome Kong and Jacqueline helped shape her into the woman she is today.

The conversation moves towards Kim returning to Impact in 2012 and her on-off alliance with Madison Rayne at the time. Kim explained that while she was away from Impact, she wasn't treated very well and felt like she was constantly being humiliated because she wasn't what that company wanted her to be. "That humiliation built up inside me and I wanted to get that out and unfortunately I did some pretty horrible things to people I considered my peers, all to prove to myself I am the best in the world." Mike then asks about Mercedes, questioning Gail on how if she admits herself that she did some pretty horrible things when she returned, isn't it hypocritical for her to claim Martinez is any worse?

Kim answers confidently, telling Mike that she never acted like she was trying to be an activist, or standing up for women. She always maintained that when she did bad things, she did them for HER gain, not for the "betterment of the division."

We then see Martinez's interview, and she couldn't be anymore different than her challenger. Wearing ripped jeans, a backwards cap and a "Tapout" shirt, Mercedes looks more bored and pissed off that she needs to do the interview with Tenay. When Mike would ask a question, such as, "what is you're opinion on the people who say you're disrespecting the Knockouts?" Martinez just scoffs and says "no comment." After a few questions with the same answer, Tenay asks why Martinez is being so cold, and this is where Mercedes starts opening up.

Mercedes first directs her anger towards Tenay, calling him a corporate shill who'll never challenge the status quo because he isn't being paid enough. "You think I don't get why this whole interview is happening "Professor?" Y'all don't care about me, my background or my motivations, you're just wanting to hype up your pay-per-view to get more buys." Martinez rants about how Impact would love to just fire her, because she doesn't fall in line with what the suits want from their women, but they can't because she's the champ. So they're trying to milk the "Mercedes Money Train" for all it's worth before they throw her away back onto the indies. "The suits want someone like Gail as their champion. Someone who sits back, doesn't ask questions and does what she's told. Well you know what? I ain't that, and I will NEVER be that." Martinez goes to storm off, until Tenay asks Martinez if Gail was right about Mercedes using the facade of equality to further her own goals.

Martinez is furious at this question and gets right in Mike's face. "Gail's never had to do half the things I've needed to do! What a hell of a lot of independent women have needed to do to event get a booking!" Martinez brings up that Gail has ALWAYS had a job to go to, always had somewhere to go get paid, she has no idea what it's like to beg for a spot on the card, only to be given a valet roll and paid nothing. "At Bound For Glory, I'll show Gail what it's like to be treated like s**t, when I stomp her head into the mat!"

There's a HELL of a lot of bad blood here, this might be one of the most personal Knockouts title matches in history! It all blows up at Bound For Glory X!

Monster's Ball

Willow vs Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy has never been the same since December of 2013 when he lost the Dixieland Match to Magnus for the Impact World Championship. Since returning at LockDown as Willow, Jeff has slowly became more unhinged and more violent in his matches, brutally attacking Austin Aries after their match at Sacrifice. The two had a rematch a few weeks later on Impact where Aries would get the win, where Willow would attack again, almost Pillmanizing the neck of Austin until Matt Hardy made his return to Impact and chased off his brother's alter-ego.

A Brother's Plea

The Impact after Slammiversary, Matt Hardy appeared and spoke about Willow, how ever since Jeff has channelled this side of himself he hasn't been the same. His family haven't heard from him in months, leading to Matt returning to Impact, only to find his brother assaulting Austin Aries after a match. "Jeff, I know that this isn't you. Willow isn't you. So please, come home." Matt goes to leave, but "Willow's Way" hits and Willow comes out, spinning his umbrella and running around the ring, cackling, while Matt looks on in disappointment. Willow enters the ring and stares down his brother. Matt repeats his plea to Jeff to stop this madness, but Willow grabs the mic from Matt and cackles loudly.

"CAN'T YOU SEE, VERSION ONE?! This Jeff Hardy is DEAD! I control this vessel now HAHAHAHA!!!!" Willow talks about how Jeff was a weak, broken soul, "but Willow? Willow lives foreverrrrr HAHAHAHA!!!!!" The masked man gets right into Matt's face, telling him that Jeff aloud for this to happen, speaking as if Jeff and Willow were two separate people, but Matt isn't having any of it, begging Jeff to listen to reason.

Matt brings up the two training as backyard wrestlers, forming and running their own promotion at 19 years of age. "That was YOU, Jeff. You keep talking about how "Jeff is Dead," but I know you're in there Jeff!" For the first time, Willow stays silent, just staring vacantly at Matt as his brother tries his best to make his brother see reason......TWIST OF FATE! Willow nails the Twist of Fate to Matt! Willow snaps and starts punching his brother in the face then lines his brother up....OH MY GOD! Willow smashes his umbrella over the side of Hardy's head! Matt start's bleeding out his ear as Willow makes his way up the ramp, a sick smile over his sick attack on his brother.

Matt wasn't seen on TV for a few weeks, during which Willow would taunt Matt, making fun of him for always being content with being in his brother's shadow and claiming that the spirit of Matt Hardy must be broken. "Version One, I challenge you to a match at Bound for Glory X, but not just any match, I want to TORTURE YOU!!! I WANT TO MAIM YOUR HOLLOW AND BROKEN CORPSE!!! I challenge you to MONSTER'S BALL!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!"

A Broken Monster

The next week, a Latina woman with black hair and a white dress makes her way to the ring with a microphone. She introduces herself has Reby Sky, Matt Hardy's wife and Jeff Hardy's sister-in-law. Reby explains that she has been given permission by MVP to come out, due to Matt still recovering from his burst eardrum and concussion the last time he was on TV. Reby says she doesn't want to get involved in this, however, when her husband is breaking down in front of him, blaming himself for what happened to his brother, she felt that it was time she stepped in. "Jeff, what you did to my husband, your own brother, was inexcusable. However, he has a message for you, from me, so get out here now."

Of course, Willow comes out, staring at Reby with his head tilted, almost confused as to why she's here. "REBECCA! OH REBECCA! If only Version One had the intestinal fortitude to face meee! He dared to challenge the great Willowww......And now he can only hear the CRACK! CRACK! CRACK! Over his head!!!" Reby is quite clearly uneasy about being in the ring with Jeff in this state, but she doesn't back down. Sky tells Jeff that this stupid little game he's playing was cute at first, but now people are getting hurt."Matt has been nothing but supportive of you, even now, he refuses to fight you. Please Jeff, cut this crap out before you have no one left!"

Willow of course cackles."OOOOOH SWEET BEAUTIFUL REBECCA!!! You and Version One don't get it do you?! Jeffrey Nero Hardy is DEAD! DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! ONLY WILLOW REMAINS!!!!" Willow is right in Reby's face, which is filled with fear at this point. "And if Version One does not accept his invitation to the Monster's Balllll.....I guess I'll need to MAKE him."

Willow stares creepily at Reby, who in anger slaps him! The maniac grabs Sky by the throat and shoves her into the corner, his face filled with rage.....IT'S MATT HARDY! Matt has a bandaged ear, but he's here! Matt grabs Willow by the hair and drags him down, punching his brother in the face. He goes for the Twist of Fate, but Willow escapes and backs up the ramp. After consoling his wife, Matt grabs a mic filled with fury.

"I accept! I accept you son of a bitch!!!"

So it's been confirmed, at Bound for Glory X, we'll see Matt Hardy return to Impact to battle Willow in the deadliest match in Impact history, Monster's Ball!

Fight Club Match

Samoa Joe vs Bobby Lashley

At Slammiversary, Samoa Joe returned to action as he defeated "The Monster" Abyss, only to be attacked from behind by "The Destroyer" Bobby Lashley, with the help of his new manager, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero. Since then, the two have had multiple matches against each other on Impact where the two monsters would knock lumps out of each other, only to end with either both men being unable to keep the action in the ring, or with both men knocking each other unconscious. Now, after months of brawls and beatdowns, MVP has booked the two in a Fight Club Match.

Round 1

The first few weeks after Slammiversary had Bobby Lashley obliterating Jobbers on TV, until the first match between the two rivals occured on the 10/07 edition of Impact, where the two men opened up the show. Right off the bat, Joe and Bobby would trade blows from the offset, and as the match went on, it was clear both men are equals in terms of punishment. However, near the end of the match, "The Samoan Submission Machine" took control, and looked to quite possibly have the match won with a Muscle Buster, only for Dinero to pull referee Brian Hebner out the ring, leading to Hebner calling for the DQ. Furious, Joe chased Dinero around the ring, only to be Speared by Lashley and left laying.

Round 2

MVP would book Joe and Lashley to have a rematch on the 29/08 Impact, 2 weeks after their #1 contender's Triple Threat with Eric Young. Unlike the first match, which had both men equally beating the hell out of each other with no real heat spot, Joe attempted a Michinoku Driver on the outside, only for Bobby to throw Joe into the post, hurting his shoulder. From then on, Dinero instructed Lashley to "switch gameplan" to instead of focusing on the ribs and back for the Spear, for "Walking Armageddon" to take out the shoulder and get a submission. Bobby tried numerous times to make Joe tap, but "The Samoan Submission Machine" was able to escape or get to the ropes.

Joe would eventually get his comeback going, reversing a Running Powerslam onto a German Suplex. After nailing some Clotheslines and a Scoop Slam, Joe nailed his Running Senton for a 2 count and signalled for the Coquina Clutch. Joe waits for a staggering "Destroyer" to get to his feet, and goes for it, only for Bobby to roll out of it and nail a BIG forearm. Lashley goes for the Running Powerslam again....Coquina Clutch! Joe escapes and locks it in! Bobby is fighting though as he has the wherewithal to collapse near the ropes, sticking his foot on them forcing the break. Bobby rolls outside, only for Joe to hit a Suicide Dive! Dinero charges at Joe, only for "The Pope" to eat a big right hand. However, Lashley recovered, and as D'Angelo is backing off from Joe, Lashley nails a HUGE SPEAR THROUGH THE BARRICADE!!! The referee counts both men out, as Bobby and Joe lay in the crowd.

Round 3

After the two Goliaths teamed up to face Gunner and Young, The two would have one final match, a Falls Count Anywhere Match, on the 25/09 Impact. Surprisingly, despite being No Disqualifications, both men didn't really use any weapons, with the exception of a steel chair, with Lashley used by smashing Joe repeatedly with, and a cane, with Dinero attempted to hit Joe with, only for the former Impact World Champion to catch the cane, take it off D'Angelo and, after Dinero tried to beg Joe to stop, caned the HELL out of "The Pope!" Lashley, who was recovering on the outside from an Exploder Suplex, jumped Joef rom behind and the two would make their way up the ramp, trading blows. Lashley is getting the better of them though, now Joe is teetering over the edge! Lashley charges towards Joe....

OH MY GOD!!!

SPEAR OFF THE RAMP......

NO!!!

JOE CAUGHT BOBBY MID-SPEAR AND NAILED A SAMOAN DROP OFF THE STAGE!!!

The crowd are going MENTAL for the spot, as both men are not moving. The referee waves off the match, ruling the bout a No Contest, to the annoyance of the fans, as medical officials arrive on the scene to tend to both men.

After three consecutive matches with controversial non-finishes and D'Angelo interference, MVP announced that at at Bound For Glory, we'd finally settle on who the baddest man in Impact is, in a Fight Club Match. A match where there are no ropes, no countouts, no pinfalls and no DQs. Both men will be locked inside a steel cage, and the only way to win is to either make your opponent submit, or knock them out. Due to the cage, "The Pope" would be unable to interfere as well, so we wouldn't have a repeat of the first match. The announcement of this match would be music to both men's ears, as it gives Joe a chance to definitively defeat the man who'd been attacking him for months, and it also plays into Lashley's legitimate Mixed Martial Arts career, hosting a 12-2 record.

This is set to be an all-out war between two of the toughest men to ever step foot in a TNA/Impact ring, will "The Samoan Submission Machine" conquer "The Destroyer?" Or will Lashley prove to everyone why he is "Walking Armageddon?"

Sanada (C) vs Chris Hero

This match was originally scheduled to be Sanada vs Tigre Uno II, a rematch from their incredible match at Slammiversary, however due to an ankle injury Uno suffered at a recent TV Taping, Tigre was unable to be cleared to wrestle. The X-Division title match needed a hero, and thankfully, Chris Hero was more than happy to oblige.

A Hero's Rise

Ever since debuting for Impact at Slammiversary, Hero has made a huge impression on the Impact fans. Crushing Samuel Shaw on PPV then dominating all three members of The BroMans on multiple occasions, all while winning all of his matches upto this point in under 5 minutes. Hero was in the midst of a feud with Chris Sabin, who objected to amount of attention that "That Young Knockout Kid" was getting. After weeks of attempted attacks and mockery from Sabin, including coming out dressed like Hero on one episode of Impact, MVP books the two to have a match at Bound for Glory. However, with the announcement of Tigre Uno's injury, the match got moved to Impact, where Sabin became the first man to take Hero to a match over 5 minutes. However, after a good effort by Sabin, Hero nailed the Discus Elbow for the pin and the #1 Contendership.

Shining Star

Sanada has also had a great first year in Impact. Winning the Impact X-Division Championship from Austin Aries back in March, Sanada has taken on all comers, defending his title against the best wrestlers in the world. However, there was one man that came closest out of everyone to taking away his title, and that was Tigre Uno. Uno and Sanada had a back and forth war at Slammiversary, where Sanada inflicted so much pain on Tigre's leg, that the Luchador couldn't put weight on it. Tigre would take a few weeks off to recover, but when he returned, he asked Sanada to give him another shot at the title. Sanada though, usually a fighting champion, denied Tigre a shot, claiming that Uno "had his shot" and that he had to earn another match with him if he was to challenge for a 2nd time. When asked in interviews about denying Uno a shot, Sanada eased the fans by saying he still greatly respects Tigre as an athlete, however, he has spent a lot of his reign just handing out title opportunities and considering Uno was his greatest challenge to date, makes little sense to just hand him another shot just because he asked for one. Uno would set about trying to earn a shot, facing anyone and everyone in the division. However, Tigre would dislocate his knee after landing awkwardly doing a Sabretooth Splash to Kenny King, unfortunately unable to be cleared for Bound for Glory.

Although there's little build going into this match between these two, fans are excited to see what's guaranteed to be a leave it all in the ring performance from both champion and challenger, the only thing is, who will come out on top?

Impact Super X Cup 2014 Final
    Ricochet vs Uhaa Nation

Back in June, MVP announced that over the next four months, Impact would be hosting the third ever Impact Super X Cup Tournament, with the winner getting a shot at the Impact X-Division Champion whenever they wanted. With MVP promising the best high-flyers the independent scene had to offer, they certainly didn't disappoint, as the participants included:

Ricochet
    Uhaa Nation
    Sydal
    Trent
    Drew Gulak
    Andrew Everett
    Douglas Williams
    AR Fox
    ACH
    Noam Dar
    Lince Dorado
    Mark Haskins

The Ace of the Skies

We were first introduced to the "Ace of the Skies," Ricochet, who in his sit down interview, would talk about how he views himself as the greatest high-flyer in the world, and now he's apart of the Super X Cup, he finally gets to prove it. He certainly backed up his words in his debut match, taking on the high impact Englishman Mark Haskins and deadly technician Drew Gulak. Using his high-flying, death-defying offence to his advantage, Ricochet would stun the Impact Zone with a double Handspring Pele Kick, a Asai Phoenix Splash and an attempted 630 Splash onto Gulak before pinning Haskins with the Benadryller to advance to the Semi-Finals. His opponent would be the "Premier Athlete" Trent. A hard-hitting, back and forth match ensued, with both men having their moments, but it ended with Ricochet reversing the Crunchie into a Canadian Destroyer, then nailing the Benadryller for the win!

The One Man Nation

His opponent for Bound for Glory would end up being the 6 foot 1, 245 pounder, Uhaa Nation. A monster of a man, Uhaa stated in his interview that he doesn't care for bravado or pleasing the fans, he cares about hurting whoever is in his way. Nation put that on display in his debut match, taking on ACH and Lince Dorado in what basically amounted to an extended squash with the odd dive from ACH or Lince. Nation would go on to win the match nailing a vicious Spin-out Powerbomb to Dorado, which he called "The Chariot." His Semi-Final match would be much more challenging, taking on former WWE star Sydal. The two had a terrific encounter, Uhaa showcasing his strength and agility, with Sydal using his experience and speed to counter the big man. In the end though, Uhaa reversed a Shooting Star Press by putting his knees up, leading to a Triple Powerbomb, a Tombstone Piledriver,a standing Moonsault and a standing Shooting Star Press from Uhaa to pick up the victory!

With two of the best high-flyers in the world facing off at BFG-X, who will be walking out with the Super X Cup trophy? The dominance of Uhaa? Or the heart of Ricochet?

James Storm vs Austin Aries

Dirty Beer Money

2014 really hasn't been a good year for James Storm. Having started off the year turning on Gunner by costing him the World Title, Storm has went on a downslide, as since Slammiversary Storm has lost to Eric Young, Samoa Joe, Bully Ray, Chris Hero, Sanada, Tigre Uno, Matt Hardy and the man he will be facing tonight, Austin Aries. After losing to Tigre on an episode of Impact, Storm smashed Tigre in the head with a beer bottle out of anger and tried to unmask the luchador, leading to Aries coming out and making the save, telling James that if he put that much intensity into his matches, he might actually win one, pissing off the Cowboy.

Storm would set out to make "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" regret saving Uno, costing Aries his X-Division title match against Sanada. James would continue to attack Austin from behind, usually with his Feast or Fired Tag Briefcase, while everytime Austin would start making a comeback, Storm would run off, leaving Aries fuming.

The Impact before Bound for Glory, James Storm's former partner, Bobby Roode, returned from injury to take on Aries, claiming to show Storm "he's serious" about being his tag partner again. After a good match that looked like Aries had won with the Brainbuster, he would accidentally knock down the referee, leading to Storm running in and nailing Aries with the Last Call into the Roode Bomb for the victory by Bobby. Has Beer Money reunited? Will Austin get revenge on The Cowboy? Or will James manage to steal the win?

Ultimate X
    The BroMans vs Sydal, Trent & Andrew Everett

Flippy Bros

After Sydal & Trent lost in the Semi-Finals of the Super X Cup, MVP gave both men a 2nd chance. Sydal & Trent would do battle the next week on Impact, where the winner would be signed to an exclusive Impact contract. However, in the middle of their match, the BroMans suddenly hit the ring and started beating up both men! DJ Z hitting Trent with Dat DDT Tho, and Jessie & Robbie nailing Sydal with the BroDown. After MVP demanded they explained their actions, the three men stated they were sick of these "Super X Cup dorks stealing our airtime bro!" Leading to MVP booking a 6 man Ultimate X Match at Bound for Glory, all three members of the BroMans, taking on Sydal, Trent and a partner of their choice from the tournament, and if the Super X Cup participants can win, then they get Impact Contracts!

However, it wasn't a smooth road for Sydal & Trent, and the clashing personalities lead to LOT of conflict. Sydal, who over the course of the tournament, formed a bit of a bond with Andrew Everett, believing his never-say-die attitude can only work wonders in a match like Ultimate X. Trent however, being a cocky self-centred egomaniac, would mock and insult Everett at every turn, claiming he could beat the BroMans all by himself, but instead he has to carry a "rookie" to a contract. This lead to match between Everett and Trent, where if Trent won, Everett wouldn't be aloud on the team, but if Andrew won, Trent had no choice but to accept it. Trent would control most of the match, but Everett scored the victory with a Crucifix Driver for the 3 count! The BroMans would try beating up Trent on the go-home episode of Impact, only for Everett and Sydal to make the save, both men offering the "Premier Athlete" a handshake in solidarity. Trent, seeing he had no choice now, accepted the handshake, as it finally looks like the three men are all on the same page.

(Ooc: Thanks to BattleTank & Keefmoon for giving advice & helping me out with this, much appreciated lads)
    Last edited by Chaddes; 08-13-2019 at 02:48 AM.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

I really like this style of writing obviously, so I am pumped to finally see this up and running. The builds to BFG have been an awesome read. A lot of great matchups with the roster that in my opinion was the last great roster TNA had during these dark days.

EC3 vs. Bully Ray
    Winner- Bully Ray

I really don’t know I’d you are writing off Bully here but I hope not. He has huge potential and it wouldn’t hurt EC3 to lose here since he wouldn’t have to be pinned. I think this match will be off the charts with all the blood, hardcore shit I love. The bubba Bomb to Dixie was incredible, as was the reunion of Team 3D. You’ve done an awesome job of giving this match that main event feel. EC3 telling Rhino to break his neck was great too. As I stated, I really hope Billy doesn’t lose here but at the same time, I wouldn’t mind EC3 winning by nefarious means. Great booking all around here.

Gunner vs. Eric Young
    Winner- Gunner

I love the underdog story with Eric Young here, but Gunner is your top dog right now for a reason. He needs a strong showing here to build up a future program with whoever walks out of BFG looking the best. I still expect a great showing by Young, only to come up short.

Full Metal Mayhem
    Winners- The Wolves

This has been one of the bigger underrated stories you are carrying at the moment. With so much else going on, I am glad to see you are giving the tag division a great rub. All three teams have a legit shot at winning. Bad Influence I see more as guys just to add crazy spots to the match, which I expect to be incredible. I am going with The Wolves here.

Knockouts Championship
    Winner- Gail Kim

I know I am going out on a limb here picking Gail Kim, but I really see her upsetting Martinez, giving her one last run with the title. If I am wrong, then Martinez retains and shows that she is the dominant woman in the division at the moment.

Monsters Ball
    Winner- Matt Hardy

Yes! This has been my favorite feud to read by far. A lot of crazy, unthinkable shit that only two brothers would throw at each other. I expect this match to steal the show. It makes more sense for Matt to win here, but either way, you’ve got me pumped to read this match the most.

Fight Club Match
    Winner- Samoa Joe

This Match is a true toss up. You have two big guys looking to beat the shit out of each other, which I absolutely love. I also love your booking of Joe up to the match. I really expect the winner here to go on and challenge Gunner for the title in the future. Another awesome build, and another match I am looking forward to.

X-Division Championship
    Winner- Chris Hero

I really see Sanada as a place holder with the title right now. Hero made his grand debut at the last PPV, and I think you move forward with him as the champ.

Super X Cup Finals
    Winner- Riccochet

This has been an awesome tournament, with guys who were available at the current time. All the guys in this tournament are all building blocks for all title divisions, and I hope they all stick around. I’d love to see Riccochet win and eventually become the flag bearer of the X Division.

Dirty Money
    Winner- James Storm

I am hoping for 1 of 2 things here, either Beer Money reunite and begin their push back into the tag division, or Roode screws Storm to set up a blood feud between the two. This match is very intriguing because both men including the wildcard of Roode can all be placed immediately in the World title picture.

Ultimate X
    Winners- Sydal, Trent & Everett

Holy shit what a card you have here! On top of every other match, we are treated to Ultimate X. I expect massive spots and crazy action. This is really a toss up, and you really can’t go wrong with either team winning.

Man, what a stacked card. I am pumped to see this finally back, and I am really looking forward to the show. A lot of questions will be answered and I hoping for a few more surprises/debuts. Good luck writing brother, can’t wait to read it!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Just had a read through this dude and enjoyed it.

Intersting time to book a "BTB" like this, pretty much a blank canvas to do what you want with it becoming Impact Wrestling.

The style reminds me of a cross between Tye's TNA and Battletanks preview build up that he does so well.

Man, that Super X-Cup was stacked full of talent. Uhaa Nation vs Ricochet- what a final that is! Hoping Ricochet comes out on top. Perfect to be the face of the X-Division going forward.

Full Metal Mayhem, Monsters Ball and Ultimate-X on the SAME SHOW?! Jheezee! That's some doing that. I'd maybe have held back on a couple of these but I'm excited.

SANADA vs Hero for the X-Division Championshp. Not sure how I feel about this one- I'd like to see Hero in a different spot but I'm sure it will be cool.

Loving the Bully Ray vs EC3 story. I can't tell which way it's going to go and that excites me.

I'll be following on man! Good luck :D

"LET ME IN.."

Hail To The King

Status

Prediction Contest

EC3 vs. Bully Ray

Winner: EC3

I see Bully becoming a Authorty Figure here plus EC3 gets a huge win over a big rival

Gunner vs. Young

Winner: Gunner

which btw love the nickname you give him.

Full Metal Mayhem

Winners: Bad Influence

Kim vs. Martinez

Winner: Martinez

gives her a nice rub beating the best tna female ever

Joe vs. Lashley

Winner: Joe

Hero vs. Sadana

Winner: Hero

Ricochet vs. Uhaa Nation

Winner: Ricochet

Storm vs. Aries

Winner: Storm

Beer Money reunites ad I got to say this is my fav story in your btb

Ultimate X

Winners: BroMans

Willow vs. Matt Hardy

echoing other thoughts but, I like the story making it feel dark and twisted ad giving Willow that special thing that he didn't have irl.

Winner: Willow
    Last edited by OMB; 08-10-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

WCW 01' NOW PLAYIN IN BTB

Status

EC3 vs. Bully Ray

Ahh this was so hard, because you have Bully Ray absolutely killing it in this project. I just can't see you having EC to retire him. His line about "ECW may be dead, but he sure as hell ain't" was fucking awesome, and I could literally feel the emotion through it. I can see where having EC go over on Bully would be an extremely huge coup for him and a way to completely shoot him to the moon, even moreso than the other stuff he has done previously. Bully Ray personified ECW and that era probably more than anybody else you have on the roster, because the man can still go and you've done a great job of portraying him to be that Terry Funk like character who can constantly reinvent himself. EC came off like the best arrogant chicken shit heel though here, ahhhhh I'm so torn! But please don't take Bully Ray out of this even though EC could benefit so much from it haha

Gunner vs. Eric Young
    Yeah, I definitely think Gunner is your next big star here. Eric Young is a great, and you write Young so well with this underdog story that it's hard not to get behind him and hope that he is able to pull it out. So because of that, I hope that you don't have Gunner just completely squash him, but give enough hope that Young is going to battle back and just come up short. I would almost like to see Gunner at the end of the bout just kick Young one more time to solidify it and put both of them over more lol. I just don't see Young overtaking a rising Gunner at this point. The guy is money. I loved him making fun of Young not being taken seriously and that he isn't a main event player.

The United vs. The Wolves vs. Bad Influence

Ahhhh as much as I would love it if Kaz/Daniels won this match, because I feel like they are the true underdogs in this program...I feel like all the trials and tribulations that the Wolves went through have made them basically a shoe in to win this match. I just can't see anybody else really being booked to go over in this match. I'm excited to see how you portray this match though, because as stated before, these three teams are going to beat the hell out of each other and the spots are going to be insane, Kaz and Daniels especially. Very nice way to build this up as well with the last two weeks just straight up UFC like hype. These teams don't need to attack each other every single week. Just them building up the chaos that is gonna happen in the ring and that anything can happen while anyone can win is enough and better.

Knockouts Championship
    Mercedes Martinez vs. Gail Kim

Mercedes Martinez all day every day! She has made a path for herself as the most dominant woman in professional wrestling in this project, and what better way to put her massively over than to have her retain against Gail Kim. Gail will get a hell of a match out of her, but I think she is gonna come up short and not break the momentum for Mercedes here.

Monsters Ball
    Matt Hardy vs. Willow

I'm gonna go the complete other way on this one, I think Willow walks out of this match the winner. I second the motion that this is the best part of your project bar none. Matt trying to reach his brother gives it almost a very Kane/Undertaker like vibe 97/98...but you have done it brilliantly and have not ripped off much in the process. You have Willow's characterization down perfect with him getting as personal as you can get and focusing on Reby and what fuels Matt Hardy the individual inside. I can see where most people would think Matt is gonna win to redeem against Willow and bring Jeff back, but I just see Willow completely running rough shot and getting even stronger after this huge defeat over Matt. I hope that this feud doesn't end and that it only fuels Matt to come at Willow harder in order to save his family, Jeff, Hardy legacy, etc.

Fight Club Match
    Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Lashley

Yeah, this is definitely a tough one. I can see it going either way, and both have been built up perfectly as absolute monsters. I think Joe walks away with the win here, and like BattleTank, I think it only makes perfect sense for Joe to go after Gunner. The two could be a real marquee big fight feel type match.

X-Division Championship
    Sanada vs. Chris Hero

I could definitely see you putting Sanada over in order to gain steam behind him. You have built him up very nicely as a fighting champion who solidifies the division, I just think Hero has too much momentum coming into this match. I also think a match between Hero and Ricochet would be absolutely brilliant! lol

Super X Cup Finals
    Ricochet vs Uhaa

I second Battle's comment up there, I think Ricochet as the face of the X Division is definitely where you want to take this division. I don't know if there is anybody in wrestling that could match his athletic ability and just overall physical charisma. The guy doesn't even have to cut promos to get over and showcase his charisma.

Dirty Money
    James Storm vs. Aries

I love James Storm and a Beer Money reunion would be fucking awesome! But I just see Roode turning on Storm all over this program. A win would immediately propel Aries into that main event world title scene, and the feud between Roode and Storm you would book amazingly. A heel Roode against a babyface Storm is straight up money, and I think it's just too easy to go with a BM reunion especially after that tease on impact.

Ultimate X
    Bromans vs. Sydal, Trent, and Everett

I would love to see Sydal, Trent, and Everett continue on from here. I think Sydal and Trent coming in for the save on Impact was exactly what this program needed, and I would be very intrigued to see where you go with them as unit, especially since they all three think they are the fucking best individually. It could make for some entertaining story and an eventual breakup would be huge. Because of that, I don't see how Bromans could come out on top in this lol

Bro, I am legitimately excited about how you book this. I don't think anything is a "definite winner" here. You have so many options to go with whatever winners you choose, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading your write up man!
    Last edited by Charlemm1; 07-22-2019 at 04:42 AM.
    WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING '01
    NOW PLAYING IN THE "BE THE BOOKER" SECTION!

BTB Awards and Recognitions
    Spoiler:

Curtain Jerker

Status

EC3 vs. Bully Ray

Gunner vs. Eric Young

The United vs. The Wolves vs. Bad Influence

Mercedes Martinez vs. Gail Kim

Monsters Ball
    Matt Hardy vs. Willow
    Fight Club Match
    Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Lashley

X-Division Championship
    Sanada vs. Chris Hero

Super X Cup Finals
    Ricochet vs Uhaa

Dirty Money
    James Storm vs. Aries

Ultimate X
    Bromans vs. Sydal, Trent, and Everett

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

Spoiler:

Author's Note: Decided not to write the backstage segment's as I just wanted to get this out there. Hope you all enjoy!!!

Impact Bound For Glory X
    19/10/2014
    Phoenix Arizona

*Skywalker*
    We kick off Bound For Glory with some X-Division action, as the young high flyer Andrew Everett comes out to a nice round of applause from the crowd. Everett is beaming as he high fives the fans and awaits his tag team partners.

Out next is Super X Cup semi-finalist, Sydal to a big reaction from the Phoenix crowd. After some high-fives and posing on the ropes, the veteran shakes hands with Andrew and pats his partner on the back.

The cocky Trent comes out to a mixed reaction from the crowd, sauntering down to the ring with a cocky smirk on his face. As he enters the ring, he glares at his partners as he poses on the turnbuckles.

Finally, out comes Robbie E, Jessie Godderz and DJ Z, The BroMans, being as loud and obnoxious as ever. The three men dance to their own theme, fist-bumping each other on the ring apron as the former Impact Tag Champs enter the ring.

Ultimate X
    The BroMans vs Trent, Sydal & Andrew Everett

Match Recap: An energetic way to kick off BFG, this was literally just an excuse for Sydal, DJ, Trent and Everett to to a bunch of flips and sick bumps to hype up the crowd. Jessie and Robbie, being the jacked-up dudebros that they are, would try and force DJ Z to climb up the cables to retrieve the "X," even if DJ had just got hit with a move. After 6 minutes of Sydal, Everett and Trent schooling The BroMans, with the odd power spot between Jessie and Robbie, Trent knocks Robbie to the outside with a flying knee and nails a Suicide Dive onto the former Television Champion. Woah! Godderz hits a huge Over the top rope Suicide Dive onto Trent! Sydal and DJ are trading blows, with Z getting the better of them, charging towards Sydal....But Sydal backdrops him onto everybody! Sydal waits for everyone to get up and hits a Running Shooting Star Press onto everybody on the outside! Evereyone is down!

Wait a second...Where's Everett?

Oh my god! Andrew Everett has climbed all the way to the top of the structure that hold the cables in place! The crowd are on their feet as everyone knows we're gonna see something insane! Everett takes a deep breath and turns away from everyone on the ground.....

HOLY SH*T! A PHOENIX 630 SPLASH ONTO EVERYONE!!!!

The crowd are going MENTAL! Chanting "TNA! TNA! TNA! (I don't think they got the memo yet.) Sydal is in the ring though! He dodged his partner's move and he's climbing the cables! He's got it!

Sydal, Trent & Andrew Everett defeated The BroMans
    Time: 07:05

"Starman" plays as Sydal crumbles to the mat, holding the "X" that means he, Andrew and Trent are now all Impact wrestlers! Everett rolls into the ring and he & Sydal raise their arms in the air in victory. Trent enters the ring, clearly pissed off that Everett landed on top of him after his Phoenix 630 Splash off the Ultimate X structure. Andrew apologizes to his teammate and offers a handshake. After thinking about it for a few seconds, with Sydal imploring him to do so, Trent appears to calm down and shakes Everett's hand. The three men all celebrate in the ring, with Sydal raising the "X" above his head.

OH! Trent punts Sydal between the legs!

Trent picks up the "X" and clobbers Andrew with it! He picks up Andrew and nails the Dudebuster DDT onto the "X!" Trent poses in the centre of the ring then heads backstage.

*Cut You Down*

Out from the back we see a determined James Storm, carrying his Feast or Fired Tag Title briefcase and glaring at the crowd on his way to the ring. Storm NEEDS to get the win here, as he hasn't won a match in a long time and is looking desperate as he poses on the turnbuckle.

Out next is former Impact Triple Crown Champion, Austin Aries. Aries makes his way to the ring, full of confidence as usual. After leaping over the ropes and posing on the turnbuckles, he turns around and smirks at James, ready for battle.

James Storm vs Austin Aries

Match Recap: A solid, if at times a bit basic match, the two start off with a technical wrestling exchange, but that all ends when Storm slaps Austin in the face, then takes advantage of Austin's anger by dropping him throat first into the top rope. James is pretty punch-kick punch-kick here, with the odd resthold to ground Aries. We hear a few "boring!" chants, as commentary bring up that as much as this style isn't necessarily fun to watch, it's where James' best chance at victory lies against and explosive high-flyer like Aries. Austin fights back, landing a PERFECT dropkick that Randy Orton could only dream of nailing, leading to Storm rolling to the outside and Aries nailing a Suicide Dive before throwing him back into the ring. After the two trade blows for a bit, Aries ducks the Last Call Superkick and lads a beautiful Brainbuster! Not done, Aries climbs up the top and lands the 450 Splash for the 3 count and the victory.

Austin Aries defeated James Storm (Aries pinned Storm with the 450 Splash)
    Time: 08:22

Austin gets his hand raised after a pretty dull match, looking a bit peeved off, but we're not sure why. Austin goes to leave, but we see Bobby Roode making his way to the ring. The two stare each other down, but don't get into anything here as Austin just heads backstage.

Roode enters the ring to try and console James, who at this point is just sitting in the corner, eyes vacant.

"C'mon man, lets get outta here."

Roode offers Storm a hand up, but James doesn't react. He goes to lift him up himself, but James pushes him down!

"Don't you EVER touch me again jackass!"

Bobby is a bit taken aback by this, as he tells Storm to calm down, and that everything is going to be okay. James is seething with rage, but does eventually calm down, heading backstage with his former tag partner. Has Beer Money re-united?

*White Ghetto*
    First, out comes "The Ace Of The Skies," Ricochet to a big pop from the crowd. Coming to the ring wearing camo-green and black trunks, Ricochet looks hyped and ready to go for the finals of the Super X Cup.

Now, out comes his opponent, the monstrous Uhaa Nation. Nation looks HUGE compared to Ricochet, built like he's made from granite. Uhaa leaps onto the apron and front-flips over the ropes, right into Ricochet's face. Ricochet doesn't back down though, as referee Brian Hebner separates the two.

Super X Cup Finals
    Ricochet vs Uhaa Nation

Match Recap: In terms of pure in-ring spectacle, this is the match of the night. Both men go all out from the beginning, starting off the match with at least a minute of reversals and counters to each others moves, ending with Ricochet dodging a Clothesline by dropping backwards, kipping up and finally nailing a Pele Kick! Uhaa staggers through the ropes to the outside and Ricochet runs the ropes to dive on the outside, but handsprings off the ropes, does a backflip and lands on one knee doing a thinking man's pose as the crowd erupt for the athleticism of Ricochet! Uhaa would eventually take control however, as Ricochet went for a Clothesline but Nation reversed into a vicious Scoop Slam. From here, Nation used a vast array of power moves and explosive offence to knock Ricochet down.

"The Ace" wouldn't stay down however, as he would reverse a Pop-Up Spinebuster into a Tornado DDT, sending the crowd into a frenzy! Ricochet starts his comeback, nailing some spin kicks, an Asai DDT and a Running Shooting Star Press for the 2 count, before nailing a Northern Lights Suplex into a Deadlift Vertical Suplex! The insane core strength of Ricochet is unbelievable! Ricochet picks up Uhaa and goes for it....Benadryller!

No!

Uhaa dodges the kick, flips Ricochet around and nails a Gutwrench Powerbomb! 1! 2! NO! "The Ace" just kicks out! Uhaa is shocked as he picks up his barely concious opponent and whips him across the ring....The Chariot! Ricochet bounces off the mat! This has to be it!

1!

2!

NO!

Again Ricochet kicks out! Uhaa is furious, getting into Brian Hebner's face. Nation turns around to go after Ricochet again, but "The Ace" nails a Spinning Back Kick and picks up a stunned Uhaa! Benadryller! But Ricochet doesn't go for the pin! He's climbing up to the top rope.....

OH MY GOD! A DOUBLE ROTATION MOONSAULT!!!!

1!!!

2!!!

3!!!

Ricochet defeated Uhaa Nation for the Impact Super X Cup (Ricochet pinned Nation with the Double Rotation Moonsault)
    Time: 15:03

Ricochet raises his arm in victory, it's all he can do right now as he is exhausted after a brutal contest. "The Ace Of The Skies" gets to his feet and poses on the turnbuckle, he now gets to challenge for the X-Division Championship whenever he chooses! MVP meets him in the ring, holding the Super X Cup Trophy. The two shake hands before handing the trophy to Ricochet. "The Ace" poses for photographers at ringside, raising the trophy above his head.

*Puppets on a String*
    First, out comes the multiple time Impact Knockouts Champion, Gail Kim to a decent pop from the crowd. Gail poses on the turnbuckle, signalling to the crowd she's going to win the Knockouts Title tonight.
    Out next is the Impact Knockouts Champion, Mercedes Martinez to a surprisingly mixed reaction from the Phoenix crowd. Not that Mercedes cares, she just raises title in the air and shows off the shirt she's wearing, a white shirt with Gail Kim being dangled by strings, with the quote "Puppet on a String" on the front. Mercedes gets right into Gail's face, talking a big game, but Kim doesn't back down, needing Earl Hebner to back Martinez away for the match to start.

Mercedes Martinez (C) vs Gail Kim

Match Recap: The opening of the match is pretty back-and-forth, with both women initially looking to outwrestle the other. Mercedes pushes Gail into the corner, smirking at Gail, then slaps her in the face! Mercedes tells Kim to c'mon, but Gail doesn't bite and the two trade technical holds with each other, ending with Gail quickly going for the Eat Defeat, but Martinez counters and slaps Gail again! Mercedes adds insult to injury, calling Gail a "dumb bitch," causing her to snap and take Mercedes down and starts nailing some stiff punches to the Knockouts Champ.

Martinez manages to kick Kim off and roll outside, leading to Gail coming outside to keep the pressure on Martinez. This would end up being a mistake though, as Martinez reverses a Clothesline on the outside by throwing Gail into the stairs! Mercedes throws Gail into the ring and starts working on the leg, locking in various submission holds to try and make Kim quit.

After reversing The Eat Defeat into a DDT, Martinez signals that she was going to finish it. Gail staggers to her feet and the champ hooks her up for the Fisherman Buster, but Gail wriggles out of it and hits a Neckbreaker. Kim starts her comeback, nailing some Clotheslines, a Tilt-A-Whirl Headscissors and a Fireman's Carry Gutbuster for a 2 count. Kim clutches at her knee after the Gutbuster, then signals for the Eat Defeat! Kim sets Mercedes up and is about to get it, but Martinez sweeps Kim's leg from under her, and locks in a Cloverleaf! Gail is practically off the ground as well, with Martinez driving her knee into the back of Kim's head! Gail taps! It's over!

Mercedes Martinez (C) defeated Gail Kim for the Impact Knockouts Championship (Martinez pinned Kim with the High-Angle Cloverleaf)
    Time: 11:41

Martinez hangs on for a few extra seconds before finally letting go, looking down at Gail with a look of sheer disgust. Mercedes simply snatches her title, slings it around her shoulder and walks off, not even bothering to celebrate. Before she goes backstage though, we hear her yell into the camera:

"That's who you're bringing to try take my belt? Huh? Y'all gotta do better than that, otherwise you ain't gonna have a division when I'm done!"

We see Kim clutching her knee as she slowly starts to get up, realising that she lost her opportunity to become Knockouts Champion once again. Kim just hobbles out of the ring, high-fiving some fans, but clearly disappointed in herself.

*Domination*

Out first is "Walking Armageddon," Bobby Lashley! Coming out with his mouthpiece, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero and his camp, "Team Lashley," Bobby has pure rage in his eyes, coming out wearing white Bellator cargo shorts, no boots, and black Bellator MMA gloves, Lashley looks like he's ready for a straight-up MMA fight. Lashley enters the cage and walks around, clearly in his element.

Out next is the man who Lashley has been going to war with over the past 4 months, Samoa Joe! Joe comes out wearing his usual black and orange shorts, with taped fists and taped ankles, he too looking ready to beat Lashley at his own game. Joe poses in the ring before shaking hands with legendary MMA referee, John McCarthy, who will be in charge of tonight's bout.

Fight Club Match
    Bobby Lashley vs Samoa Joe

Match Recap: To say this is an unusual match would be an understatement, as it looks like, at least in the early exchanges, the two just full-on shoot with each other. Lashley goes straight for a takedown, only for Joe to sprawl and straight away go for the back, only for Bobby to escape and go for a Soccer Kick to the head! Joe luckily moves out the way and the two stand up, looking for an opening.

After the two trade some strikes, it's clear that most of the crowd aren't really into the match, chanting "We want wrestling!" for long portions of the bout. Joe tries to chop Lashley down with leg kicks, only for Bobby to take Joe down and land some right hands, cutting Joe above his right eye. Joe once again escapes, this time he just boots Bobby in the head and starts punting at his ribs! Joe leaps onto Bobby's back and this time he has the Coquina Clutch!

Wait a minute....No way.... Bobby escapes!!!

Bobby has just loosened Joe's grip of the Coquina Clutch and is now in Full Mount position and starts
    DROPPING ELBOWS ON JOE'S HEAD!!!!

Joe is trying to cover up, but Bobby is just going insane! He's screaming as he's dropping these elbows!

McCarthy jumps in! Lashley wins by Knockout!

Bobby Lashley defeated Samoa Joe in a Fight Club Match (Lashley TKO'ed Joe with Back Mount Punches)
    Time: 07:20

Even though McCarthy has already stepped in, Lashley is STILL elbowing Joe! As McCarthy and Dinero drag him off, he connects with a Soccer Kick as well! Dinero and his team restrain Bobby and calm him down, D'Angelo forcing Bobby to look at him and breathe slowly. Lashley is just filled with fury, as Joe is out cold on the mat, the arena has fell silent. Bobby gets led away by Dinero, while Joe is being seen to by doctors.

*Reptilian*
    Matt Hardy's theme starts playing, but unusually, Matt doesn't appear? The music stops playing as everyone is confused....

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

What the hell was that?

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

Now the lights go out, and when the lights come back on, Willow is standing on the ring over Matt with a kendo stick...And Matt is handcuffed! Referee Earl Hebner looks baffled and just rings the bell!

Monster's Ball

Willow vs Matt Hardy

Match Recap: We can tell by looking at Matt he's bleeding from the mouth, as Willow is twirling a black and white kendo stick. Willow cackles in Matt's face and starts CRACKING Matt with the cane! Willow is going mental on Matt's back and ribs, all while Matt can't even defend himself. As Matt is writhing in pain on the ground, Willow goes under the ring and tosses in a trash can, a bag he leaves in the corner, a chair and...Oh god.....

He pulls out a Barbed Wire Bat.

Willow has a sick, demented look in his eye as he kisses the bat and sits it on the apron. Willow grabs Matt by the hair and we can hear him shrieking:

"LOOK AT ALL YOUR PRESENTS MATTHEW!!! THEY'RE ALLLL FOR YOU!!!!"

Then slamming Matt face-first into the mat. Willow picks up a Trashcan lid and wait's for Matt to start getting to his feet, before smashing it over his head before he can make it. Hardy doesn't go down straight away, so he hits him again for good measure so Hardy goes down. The next two minutes Willow beats down Matt with a cane, wailing on his handcuffed brother. Matt is bleeding a little from a caneshot to the head, so Willow grabs the Barbed Wire Bat and rakes it across Matt's face! Blood starts trickling down his face until doubles over....It's Reby Sky! Reby low blowed Willow!

Taking advantage of the low blow, Reby grabs the keys from Willow and undoes Matt's handcuffs! Matt's free! Matt starts getting up and realises Willow is down, and he has a opportunity to take control. Matt sure as hell takes it, picking up a chair and smashes Willow in the head and back over and over again, much to the crowd's delight. Matt rolls outside and looks under the ring, grabbing a Ladder! Matt sets it up in the corner then picks up the bag....It's Thumbtacks! Thumbtacks are all over the ring. Matt wipes the blood from his face and goes for the Twist of Fate to Willow, but his brother reverses and hits a Falcon Arrow into the tacks!

Willow sees the ladder and starts cackling, then starts climbing to the top. He stands upright on the ladder.....

SWANTON BOMB!!!

NO!!!

MATT MOVED AND WILLOW CRASHES INTO THE THUMBTACKS!!!!!

Willow is screaming as he rolls around the tacks, but Matt doesn't waste anytime, picking up Willow and nailing the Twist of Fate ONTO the tacks again! 1! 2! 3! Matt Hardy defeats Willow!!!

Matt Hardy defeated Willow in a Monster's Ball Match (Matt pinned Willow with the Twist of Fate onto Thumbtacks)
    Time: 10:37

Matt slowly starts getting up as Reby consoles her husband. Matt raises his arms above his head and looks at Willow with regret. Matt kneels down beside Willow, who looks at Matt in confusion.

Matt helps Willow to his feet, but Willow shoves Matt away, before facing the corner....

He's untying the mask!

Willow takes off the mask and we see Jeff Hardy, who we hear say "I'm sorry," as all three members of the Hardy family hug in the centre of the ring.

"Hero!"

"Hero!"

"Hero!"

"Hero!"

*Chris is Awesome*

Out comes "That Young Knockout Kid" himself, Chris Hero and the crowd go nuts while he poses on the stage. Chris makes his way to the ring wearing green and white trunks, no doubt in tribute to his mentor, the legendary Mitsuharu Misawa. Mike Tenay notes that we are going to see a battle of the protege's, as Hero was actually given his trademark elbow pad by Misawa, while the X-Division Champion was sent to America by The Great Muta to carry on his legacy.
    Out comes the X-Division Champion to a pretty good reaction from the Phoenix fans. Sanada has been the Impact X-Division Champion for 231 Days and is absolutely not ready to lose the belt now. The champ is wearing white and blue facepaint in tribute to his mentor, The Great Muta. Sanada sprays mist in the air while posing on the turnbuckle, before getting into the ring and staring down Hero.

Sanada (C) vs Chris Hero

Match Recap: Unlike most X-Division matches, this one doesn't really have a lot of high-flying or spectacular moves, oh no. This is just to really tough dudes stiffing the shit out of each other, and the crowd LOVE it. The match seems like it could easily fit into a All Japan card in the mid-90's, with both men nailing some devastating suplexes and strikes that have both men landing on their head & necks throughout the bout. Due to Chris getting the bigger pop, Sanada plays the heel in this match, busting Chris' nose 90 seconds into the match with a HUGE boot to the face, with Hero getting up straight away and booting Sanada in the face back, knocking out Sanada's tooth!

From there, the two men beat the living hell out of each other, with Sanada taking control over Hero's head and neck area. Sanada kicks Chris in the head multiple times and locks in a front facelock, constantly licking the part of his mouth where his tooth was knocked out. Hero starts getting up though, pushes Sanada off and nails a huge headbutt, rocking Sanada! This is Chris' chance, as he starts blasting the champ with some big forearms, runs the ropes and hits a Flying Forearm! 1! 2! No! Sanada kicks out! Hero starts setting Sanada up for the Discus Elbow, but Sanada kicks Hero's arm away and nails a BRUTAL Dragon Suplex! Hero lands right on his neck, and Sanada couldn't bridge due to Hero crumpling down.

1!

2!

NO!!! HERO KICKED OUT!!!

Sanada's eyes widen, stunned that Chris had kicked out of that brutal Dragon Suplex. The champion pulls Hero nearer to a corner and he quickly climbs up....Moonsault!

NO! Hero put his knees up!

Hero gets up straight away!

DISCUS ELBOW!!!

1!!!

2!!!

3!!!

Chris Hero defeated Sanada (C) for the Impact X-Division Championship (Hero pinned Sanada with the Discus Forearm Smash)
    Time: 20:38

Hero doesn't celebrate too early, he rolls around the mat for a while holding his neck. Hero finally uses the ropes to get to his feet and the referee hands Chris the Impact X-Division Championship. Hero raises the title above his head, still clutching his neck. Sanada starts coming round and Hero helps the former champion up, shaking his hand and raising the now-former champ's hand in the air to a round of applause from the audience.

We cut to the ring, where the Impact World Tag Team Championships are hanging high above the ring, as Christy Hemme gives us the introductions.
    First, out comes the two-time Tag Champions, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards. The two men make their way to the ring, high-fiving the fans and posing on the turnbuckles before awaiting their opponents.

Next out comes the challengers to the tag titles at Slammiversary, Kazarian and Christopher Daniels, Bad Influence. The two walk down to the ring, not necessarily scared, but noticably more uneasy about being in a match as dangerous as Full Metal Mayhem.

Finally, out comes the reigning tag team champions, Rampage Brown and Magnus to a decent reaction. The two Brits slap each other to hype themselves up as they storm to the ring, ready for a war. As they're walking down though, Davey and Eddie nail stereo-Suicide Dives! It's on!

Full Metal Mayhem
    The United (C) vs The Wolves vs Bad Influence

Match Recap: Like the Hardys match, this match was an all-out war, but instead of crazy weapons and Twist of Fate's into thumbtacks, everyone in the match took at least one insane bump after another. From the off, Kaz and Daniels tried to grab the belts straight away, only for Rampage and Magnus to catch the sneaky duo and brutalize them with two sick Powerbombs. The United spent the first part of the match utilising steel chairs and the chains around the ring, including a Magnus Driver onto Richards into a set-up Chair and Rampage hanging Daniels over the ropes with the chain!

The Wolves would use weapons theirselves, hitting Bad Influence and The United with steel chairs and dropping them onto ladders, but they mainly just nail everyone with HARD strikes. At one point, Kazarian tries to push Eddie & Davey off a ladder, but The Wolves land on their feet! Kaz doesn't realise though and starts posing, before slowly realising Eddie and Davey are right behind him....OH! Richards nails a hard chop to the chest, and Eddie throws Kaz into a ladder perched in the corner! Edwards holds Kazarian into the ladder and the two just obliterate Kazarian with kicks, until Magnus enters the ring and stares down The Wolves. But Magnus charges and Spears Kaz into the ladder!

Unfortunately for Bad Influence, both Kazarian and Daniels were the punching bags of the match, trying to sneak their way to the tag titles, only to be caught by either The United or The Wolves and be completely brutalized. However, they would have their moments too, such as Daniels nailing a Best Moonsault Ever to the outside to Magnus through a table, and both Kaz & Christopher hitting Eddie with the Con-Chair-To! The sickest moment of the night though didn't even have all that much to do with with weapons, as Davey Richards tried to throw Daniels to the outside through a table, but Daniels held on and got to the apron. Richards in response grabbed a ladder, charged at Chris with the ladder and knocked him off the apron through the table! We cut to Daniels in the rubble and he has a BIG cut over his eye and isn't moving. Brian Stifler gives the dreaded "X" as EMTs rush out to tend to Daniels.

The United rush the ring and the champions trade blows with the team they beat to win the belts, Rampage looks at a table on the outside and throws Eddie out of the ring, while Magnus sets Davey up for a Chairshot to the head. Magnus swings, but Richards ducks, kicks the leg out from under Magnus and nails the Creeping Death! Edwards headbutts Rampage and sets him up on the table, and starts climbing a ladder set up on the outside! Davey rolls outside and holds Brown down, but Rampage spits in Davey's face, leaps off the table, rushes up the ladder and nails a Belly-To-Belly Suplex off the ladder through the table!!!

Richards stares in shock at what just happened, but realises that Magnus is coming to, and he has another ladder. Magnus sets up a ladder in the centre of the ring, while Richards rushes in, only to get punched by the former World Champion. Magnus then grabs another ladder and bridges it between one of the rungs and the ropes, then starts climbing up, dragging Richards with him! Davey is out on his feet as Magnus smirks, then sets up for a Powerbomb!.....OH MY GOD! Richards backdrops Magnus onto the ladder! Magnus rolls off in agony, but Davey is all alone! Richards starts coming to, and starts unbuckling the belts.....

OH! Out of nowhere a Chair cracked Richards in the head!

It's Kazarian! Kazarian rushes up the rungs and grabs a dazed Richards, and nails a Fade To Black off the ladder!!!

Kaz rolls Richards outside and climbs the ladder, everyone else is down!

HE'S GOT IT!

BAD INFLUENCE WIN!!!

Bad Influence defeated The United (C) & The Wolves for the Impact World Tag Team Championships
    Time: 14:21

Kazarian raises both Impact Tag Titles in the air, as he leaps off the ladder hugging the titles! Kaz starts asking where Daniels is, we see Christopher being checked on by EMTs at ringside, he looks to be unconscious.....

"BEER!"

"MONEY!"

*Take A Fall*
    WHAT?! It's James Storm! Bobby Roode! James raises his Feast Or Fired Briefcase above his head and swigs his beer and Roode storms into the ring and tackles Kazarian down, while James grabs referee Brian Stifler and hands him his briefcase, telling him that he's cashing in. Stiffler tries to protest but James throws Brian out the ring and shoves him into the timekeeper, where you can hear Storm yelling "HURRY UP BOY!" to the ref. Roode throws a broken Davey out of the ring and the match is underway!

Bad Influence (C) vs Beer Money Inc

Match Recap: Kazarian is groggy and doesn't have any idea where he is, as he turns around to into a poised Bobby Roode.....Roode Bomb! The cover, 1! 2! 3-NO! Kaz kicked out! James and Bobby look at each other shocked, Roode is beside himself.

"Well hurry up and grab him jackass!"

"The Cowboy" bellows at Bobby, who to grab Kazarian by the head and tag in James. Roode hooks Kaz up for a Suplex, Storm catches him in a Powerbomb position, Drinking While Investing! 1! 2! 3! Beer Money Inc are the new Tag Team Champions!

Beer Money Inc defeated Bad Influence for the Impact World Tag Team Championships (Storm pinned Kazarian with the D.W.I.)
    Time: 01:15

James and Bobby stare each other down, Storm looks intense, likely still a bit weary of trusting his most hated rival. Bobby offers out a handshake to Storm, with "The Cowboy" cracking a smile and shaking his former arch-enemy's hand. The referee hands the two the Impact World Tag Team Championships and the two men raise their titles above their heads. Daniels is unconcious on the outside, while Kaz is knocked out in the centre of the ring, all while Storm and Roode motion that they're five-time champions.

*Vintage*
    The crowd pop big for the challenger, "Showtime" Eric Young, who comes out wearing his yellow and blue gear. Eric high-fives the entire front row of the audience before climbing the corner and posing on the turnbuckles, he knows this is the biggest match of his career, and sure as hell isn't going to waste it.
    Out next comes the Impact World Champion, "The Modern Day Viking," Gunner! Gunner, wearing black and red trunks, raises his Impact World Title above his head to a mixed reaction, storming to the ring for his latest title defence. Gunner poses in the centre of the ring with his title while Jeremy Borash gets ready for the introductions.

Borash: "Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come for the co-main event of Impact Wrestling Bound For Glory X! Introducing at this time the referee in charge of this contest, Mr Brian Hebner. This match is scheduled for one fall and is for the Impact Championship of the World! Introducing first, the challenger, standing in the corner to my left! He weighed in this morning at 225 pounds, standing at 5 feet 11 inches tall and hails from Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada. He is the former Impact X-Division Champion, two-time Impact Television Champion and two-time Impact Tag Team Champion, "SHOWTIME" ERIC YOUNG!!!"

Eric takes entre stage and raises his arms in the air, staring at the Impact World Title.

Borash: "And now introducing the Champion, standing in the corner to my right! He weighed in this morning at 245 pounds, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall and hails from Atlanta Georgia USA. He is the former Impact Television champion, Impact Tag Team Champion and the reigning, defending Impact Wrestling Champion of the World! "THE MODERN DAY VIKING" GUNNER!"

Gunner roars with the announcement as the crowd give a mixed reaction, leaning more to boos as he offers to fistbump Eric, which is accepted.

Gunner (C) vs Eric Young

Match Recap: This a slow-building, big time match, starting off slowly and building up to the big moves. Eric takes control early in the bout, using his speed and technical prowess to avoid the high impact power moves of the champion. Gunner keeps attempting big power moves, such as the Spinebuster or F15, only for Young to counter and wear "The Modern Day Viking" out with front facelocks.

It is clear from the get-go that Gunner definitely isn't liked here in Phoenix, the crowd booing everything he does. You can tell Young and Gunner are having a conversation during a headlock spot, as Gunner hoists Young up and dumps him onto the ropes, then starts stomping on the back of Young, nailing a huge Backbreaker in the process!

The next few minutes sees Gunner work over Eric with Backbreakers and big moves to the back, "The Modern Day Viking" throws Eric around like a ragdoll, including launching him into the turnbuckle so hard that Young crumples to the ground on impact. Gunner starts playing to the crowd as well, growling at the audience then locking in a Camel Clutch to Young. A loud "Boring!" chant starts up as Gunner wrenches back, along with "We Want Tables!" "EC3!" "Ricochet!" "Do A Flip!" and "We Want Spud!" chants. Eric fights out of the submission and starts his comeback to the apathetic crowd, but does get a pop when he manages to hoist Gunner up for a Wheelbarrow Suplex! 1! 2! No! Gunner kicks out. Eric climbs up to the top rope, signalling for the Elbow Drop....

Gunner moves out the way!

Gunner starts stalking "EY" and yells at Young to get up......

F15!

Gunner nails it! No one has ever kicked out of Gunner's F15!

1!

2!

KICKOUT?!?!

Gunner is shocked as he stares at the referee, shaking his head in disbelief. The champ gets back to his feet and lifts Eric up for a Powerbomb, but Young slips out and starts landing some right hands, then picking Gunner up, hitting a Death Valley Driver! 1! 2! No! Gunner kicks out! Young doesn't waste anytime though, as he climbs up to the top rope, looking to attempt the Elbow Drop for the 2nd time. Gunner sees it coming however, punching "EY" in the face and climbing up to the top rope with him.....Superplex! Gunner nails a Superplex! "The Modern Day Viking" gets up and sets Eric up again.....

Another F15!!!

1!!

2!!

3!!!

WHAT?!?!?!

YOUNG KICKED OUT AGAIN?!?!?!

The heart of Eric Young is unbelievable!!! Gunner doesn't look shocked that Young kicked out, oh no. He looks PISSED. Gunner starts losing his cool, mounting Eric and laying in some hard punches before yanking him to his feet and sets him up for a 3rd F15.....Wait a minute! Eric drops down into a DDT! Eric taunts to the crowd, trying to get them to will him on, as Gunner staggers to his feet. Kick to the gut by Young, he's going for the Piledriver!

But Gunner picks him up again!

Eric slips behind!

Piledriver!!! "EY" got him!

Eric gets up straight away and climbs to the top rope!

ELBOW DROP!

Young shakes his head though! He isn't done!

ANOTHER Elbow Drop!

1!!!

2!!!

3!!!

Eric Young defeated Gunner (C) for the Impact World Championship (Young pinned Gunner with the Elbow Drop)
    Time: 18:59

Eric Young has done it! Eric Young is the new Impact Wrestling World Champion!!! Young yells with relief, finally, after 16 years as a pro wrestler, "Showtime" Eric Young has won a world title! Eric just kneels on the canvas, tears in his eyes as Brian Hebner hands hin the Impact World Title.

Young looks at the title....And raises it above his head! Young climbs the turnbuckle and poses with the World Title on his shoulder, and climbs down to celebrate some more, but Gunner is staring a hole through Young. Gunner yanks the title off Eric in a bout of frustration, he can't believe he's lost the world title. He stares at the title....And puts it around Young's waist! He shakes Eric's hand and leaves the ring, leaving Young to celebrate with his title!

"Ladies & Gentlemen....."

"E"

"C"

"3"

*Trouble*
    Ethan Carter III comes out to huge boos from the crowd, they HATE Dixie's nephew, but he clearly isn't fazed. There isn't all that much in terms of theatrics by Carter, as while he does pose, he just looks entirely focused on the war he's about to enter tonight, with his undefeated streak on the line. Ethan, wearing all gold for this affair, paces in the ring, waiting for the former Impact World Champion to come out.
    Now, in what could be his final Impact match, out comes Bully Ray. Dressed in all-black with a New York Giants jersey, Bully looks like he's here to kill, as he stares a hole through the man who ordered his body buard to break Brother Runt's neck. Bully enters the ring and doesn't even pose to the crowd, he's just standing in the centre of the ring, nose to nose with the fastest rising star in Impact history.

Streak vs Career Last Man Standing

Match Recap: The bell rings and from the off, Ethan and Bully just start throwing down, charging at each other and start punching each other at the same time, getting the crowd into a frenzy. Bully starts getting the better of the exchange, pushing Ethan into the corner and starts laying into the self-proclaimed "Hardcore American Icon." Already, Carter is bleeding a little from the mouth as Ray pounds on him. Carter rolls out the ring to try and get a breather, but Bully goes straight after him! Bully nails a HARD Lariat on the outside.....Oh my god! He's choking Ethan with his chain! OH! Carter manages to lunge Ray into the steps! Ethan takes a few seconds to catch his breath, then smirks, he knows he's got Ray where he wants him. Ethan slams Bully face first into the steps, then drags him over to the ramp....NO! HE'S GOING FOR A PILEDRIVER! Carter points to his head, laughing, but Ray reverses, pulling Carter's legs, sending EC3's head crashing onto the ramp!

Bully throws him into the ring and starts beating on him in the corner, then attempts a Piledriver of his own, but Ethan slips out and Low Blows Bully. Ethan spends the next four-five minutes working down Bully, hitting multiple knees to the face, booting him to the outside and hitting a Backdrop onto the ring apron. Earl Hebner starts counting, but Ethan slaps Earl's hand, telling him HE'LL decide when Hebner counts. Carter walks round the ring and picks up Bully's chain and wraps it around his fist, waiting for Ray to get up. Ray turns around and ducks Carter's punch, charges at Carter, picks him up and dumps him over the barricade into the crowd! Bully yells at Earl to c'mon as he and Carter brawl into the crowd. After the usual crowd brawling of spitting beer, fans holding Ethan while Ray hits him, etc, the two make their way to a part of the arena where there's a big drop. Ray tries to dump Ethan over, but Carter punches him and lands on the edge, trying not to fall. OH MY GOD! Ray charges at Carter and nails a Flying Clothesline off the edge of the crowd barrier through a bunch of tables!

The crowd chant "Holy Shit!" as both men lay in the wreckage, and we get our first 10 count spot. When we get to 3, both men start stirring. We get to 6 and both men are trying to get up, which they do by the time they're at 9. Carter starts stumbling away from Bully, trying to avoid the former world champion, but Ray is hot on his tail, Carter climbing over the barricade, and into the ring, but before Ray can climb over the barricade, someone from the crowd jumps on Ray's back! It's Rockstar Spud! Spud leaps on Bully's back and get's THROWN down onto the concrete! Spud screams in agony and now Bully lifts Spud up for a Powerbomb!

OH MY GOD!!!

GORE!!!

GORE!!!!

GORE!!!!!

A Gore by Rhino through the barricade!!! Ethan demands Hebner starts counting as Rhino checks on Spud to see if he's okay.

1!...

2!...

3!...

Bully starts moving, but is clearly in a lot of pain.

4!...

5!...

6!...

7!...

Ray manages to leap to his feet, but crumbles back down. Rhino is sent outside to beat on Bully. Ray gets thrown into the ring and Ethan chokes Bully, while Rhino pulls out two chairs from under the ring and throws them into the ring. Carter grabs the chair and tells Rhino and Spud to get out the ring. His henchmen leave the ring and Ethan sizes Ray up......Oh my god! A HUGE Chairshot by Ethan!!! We see a shot of Bully and he is bleeding, a LOT. Earl wants to start counting, but Carter is smashing Ray over and over and OVER with the chair, refusing to stop! Ethan's face is filled with rage, even Spud is looking at his boss with concern. Finally, Ethan stops, but AGAIN stops the referee from giving the count! He tells Rhino to get a table from under the ring, then tells Spud to get in the ring. Rhino sets up the Table and Carter lifts up the limp body of Bully. He's going for a 3D!

Wait a minute!

It's Brother Devon!

It's Tommy Dreamer!

Devon & Tommy run down and start brawling with Spud and Rhino! Devon & Rhino go at it up the ramp, while Dreamer lays into Spud near the stairs. Devon and Rhino vanish backstage, but that leaves EC3 to low blow Tommy! Carter picks up Tommy and nails the One Percenter on the outside! Ethan yells at Spud to get in the ring and the two stomp on Bully, then Carter tells Spud to grab the chair, as Ethan holds a bloody Ray, as Rockstar gets ready to hit Bully.....

BULLY DUCKS!

*CRACK*

SPUD SMASHES EC3 WITH THE CHAIR!!!!

Ethan is bleeding! Ethan has been split open! Spud is stunned as he's laid out his boss! Spud just stares at Ethan until Bully kicks Spud in the gut whips him into the ropes and hits the 3D!!! Devon has ran back down and hit the 3D!!! Ray and Devon fistbump as Devon goes backstage, and the referee starts counting.

1!...

2!...

3!...

4!...

5!...

Ethan starts grabbing the ropes.

6!...

7!...

He's pulling himself up.

8!...

9!...

Carter stands up, but collapses back down! Ray grabs Ethan by the hair and starts hammering away at the wound, EC3 screaming in pain. Bully grabs his chain and sizes Ethan up....BAM! Bully nails Ethan with the chain!

1!...

2!...

3!...

4!...

5!...

Ethan is raising his arms, turning onto his front.

6!...

7!...

8!...

Carter is up to one knee!

9!...

Ethan stands upright! Carter collapses again though, rolling to the outside. Bully looks almost impressed by Ethan's toughness, but also looks a bit pissed that he hasn't but EC3 away. Ray then looks up the ramp, back at EC3, then back at the ramp....Ray grabs Carter and starts dragging him up! What is Bully Ray thinking?! Both men are covered in blood, Bully's eyes look focused on the top of the ramp.....He's going for the Piledriver! Onto the Ramp! HE HAS EC3 UP! NO! Carter backdrops Ray onto the ramp! Carter's face tells the story, he almost had his career ended! Ethan looks at Bully, then gets filled with rage!

Carter goes to the ring and grabs a chair! Ray gets to his knees and BAM! EC3 smashes Ray with the Chair! Right in the head! Bully crumples down and Ethan grabs Ray, dragging his limp body up....

ONE PERCENTER!!!

ONTO THE RAMP!!!!

That's it. The match is over. It HAS to be. Bully isn't moving.

1!...

2!...

3!...

4!...

5!...

6!...

7!...

What? Carter stops the count! What the hell does he want to do now?! Ethan picks up the chair, and motions to the crowd.....

GOD DAMNIT!!!

CARTER NAILS BULLY WITH THE CON-CHAIR-TO ONTO THE STEEL RAMP!!!!!

SOMEONE STOP THIS!!!!

Earl looks at Ethan, almost pleading him to let him count, but AGAIN Ethan says no, and motions he wants to do one more act?! What the hell could top a vicious chairshot, a One Percenter onto the ramp, and a god damn Con-Chair-To onto the ramp?!

Ethan picks up Bully, who at this point is dead weight, and drags him to the ramp. Carter sits Ray between his legs, pure rage in his eyes....

He picks him up....

He spins him round!

He's running to the edge!!!

OH MY F**KING GOD!!!!

ETHAN CARTER III JUST HIT A RUNNING POWERBOMB OFF THE STAGE!!!!!

The camera catches both men vanishing into the ether, then looks down the hole to see both men lying in a pool of their own blood. Hebner's mouth is wide open, looks around and starts counting....

1!...

2!...

3!...

4!...

Ethan is stirring, trying to turn around.

5!...

6!...

7!...

Carter crawls over to the ramp, trying to use the side to get up, but keeps letting go!

8!...

He grabs the ramp and pulls himself to a knee!

9!...

EC3 is up! EC3 is on his feet!

10!!!

Ethan Carter III defeated Bully Ray in a Last Man Standing Match
    Time: 21:54

Ethan stares vacantly into the distance, he has just ended the career of one of the greatest wrestlers Impact has ever seen, but you would never have guessed by looking at him. EMTs, referees and Carter's henchmen rush down to check on both men, Rhino helping Carter get onto the ramp. Spud and Rhino help Ethan to his feet, holding him upright, Spud yelling that Carter's the best. Carter glances over at Ray, and we see a little smirk, then looks directly into the camera.

"I did it."
    Last edited by Chaddes; 08-29-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Hail To The King

Status

TNA PPV Review: First off let me come in and say that I been following you for a little while and I love that you started out with the X Divsion in charge. I am said my bromans didnt win but you def get kudos for ddt on the X spot by Trent!

Aries winning is the right call though I wish I got a little more something in the match have some sort of finish revolving Roode. However later on in the show with Beer Money coming back was good for me.

Mercedez comes off looking like Baszler here a bad ass and I dig it and I wonder whose next?

Tag Team Match was chaos and I kind of wish Bad Influince didnt win if you were going to have them cash in but again im all for Beer Money so its good.

Hero comes off as the future of TNA here and this was a great match and I want to say I dug the respect in the end and the big deal you made for it.

Gunner is one of my fav guys in your btb "Modern Day Viking" is something I can get behind to get the man a little more personality. Good atch and really good way to have EY win the guy is Mr.TNA and its a huge deal to win the title for him I am glad you give it to him.

EC3 comes off as the man who ended the career of Bully Ray so Streak and Career Killer the guy really was a huge deal in TNA!

Overall a very good show even if I thought of booking it a little different but that's the fun its your universe

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

What's Gwarning!

Status

So I don't really have the time to watch Impact anymore, but I was watching regularly during this era so I'm excited to give this a read. Here goes!

We kick things off with a 6-Man Tag Team Ultimate X match! I always loved the Ultimate X match back when it always used to go off, when AJ Styles & Daniels were teaming up to take on the original LAX. Good memories right there.

But anyway, it was a very cool match. Having flips and bumps was the best way to go with the talent involved. I used to hate The BroMans but I always thought there was always potential for Robbie E & DJ Z to be something in Impact. A Pheonix 630 Splash onto everybody is a sick visual, and it's the faces that come out on top to get the win. They earn an Impact contract, and the X-Division already seems to be bolstered... but then we get a heel turn from Trent! Awesome and shocking way to already build-up your talent, and I sense that he's gonna be a big name for your X-Division going forward.

The Aries/Storm match was basic like you had stated, but I was happy to see Aries get the win. Storm seems to be going on a downward spiral, and out comes his old partner to console him despite The Cowboy's anger. I'd definitely be up for seeing a Beer Money return!

I like your style with the matches being short but to the point. I thought the Uhaa/Ricochet match was great, but part of me wanted to see more writing for this match! Ricochet is the perfect choice to win the Super X Cup. Your X-Division is looking even more brighter, and I hope you bring the focus back on that like the good ol' days.

I'm glad that you had Mercedes beat Gail Kim. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Gail Kim and I think she is underrated as well as revolutionary. But she was like the Charlotte Flair of Impact lol. Great way to put Mercedes over as champion, and her reign continues.

The D'Angelo Dinero & Bobby Lashley pairing was sick. Damn, I remember The Pope being absolutely SICK on the mic. He really shoulda been world champion at least once. But back to the Joe/Lashley fight, I liked the realism with the two men just straight up shooting. I wish Joe won the match, but I'm excited to see what you do with Lashley with Dinero by his side.

I remember Willow lol, I couldn't stand him. He annoyed the hell out of me. I struggled to get into the match just purely because I could imagine Willow's jarring voice and character, but I liked what you did there anyway. So many good moments, and the Swanton Bomb onto thumbtacks was sick! I love the ending with Willow untying his mask, and it seems as if he's gonna go back to being Jeff Hardy! I dig that. Funnily enough, it's weird how Willow was Broken Jeff Hardy before Broken Matt Hardy even happened looool.

I love the idea of Battle of the Proteges. Chris Hero in an X-Division match is weird to me because of the way he looks now, but Hero was a fantastic wrestler during that time. He still is now to be honest. But anyway, awesome match between Hero & Sanada... and Hero is the new champion! I wasn't sure about this at first, but having Hero as a champion will create so much potential for some great matches. I'm looking forward to it. Nice touch with the sportsmanship as well, I hope you got plans for Sanada because even though I don't watch NJPW a lot, I see that he is killing it in 2019.

What an AWESOME Full Metal Mayham match. That was absolute chaos. Man, I miss The Wolves being together. And Bad Influence used to be awesome, them guys were making Apple Martinis trendy lol. There were so many moments that I can't even name them one by one and decide which one was my favorite, but they were ALL so good. What a way to make the Tag Team titles mean something.

HOLY SHIT!!! I didn't expect Roode & Storm to cash in Storm's briefcase so quick, but I'm glad that they did... and now we have new champions!!! I love Storm still being weary of Roode due to their past, but this was great.

Great match between Gunner & EY, you captured EY's character very well and he showed a lot of heart. GLAD to see EY win the title, and I'm excited to see where this goes. The handshake from Gunner was awkward, I didn't see him as a type to shake anybody's hand- but the way you've wrote him, he comes across as a tweener with face tendencies but hated by the fans which makes sense I suppose.

THAT MAIN EVENT WAS AWESOME!!! From seeing Rhyno, D-Von, Dreamer. The Flying Clothesline through the tables. The Con-Chair-To onto the ramp. The Running Powerbomb on the stage. Damn!! The stakes were clearly high, but it was EC3 who came out on top. Rhino is still a snake for being with EC3 & Spud lol... but Bully Ray's career is ended and EC3 is the man to do it.

I'll definitely be keeping up with this BTB mate. Can't wait to see how things unfold from here. Good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information