Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered

What A Maneuver!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered

Alright my friend, time to drop some thoughts on Bound for Glory. First off, I am glad you had the courage to just put a disclaimer out there that there’d be no segments, only matches. That takes balls. Most of the time guys would just let the show sit in their documents and never post it because of that particular reason, but you were able to just say “fuck it” and post the matches, which is quite fine with me. Whatever it takes to get the show posted, that’s what I always say.

On that same note, you can now use your next post to really explain the storyline aspects coming out of BFG. Use that post as a storyline/angle driven, promo basked post- even a “Post-BFG” interview segment or something of that nature and boom, you’ve got it all covered in the end after all.

Starting off with the Ultimate X is the right call. Get the crowd hot for some crazy action. The match was what you would expect it to be, a spot fest, and that’s really all it is supposed to do. In the end, you were able to create a storyline out of the match which is a great thing. Trent comes out of it looking like the top guy, while you have no created two new challengers for him in the process.

Pretty bummed that Aries got the win over Storm. This really reads like Storm could give a shit if he is in the ring at the moment, playing up to something bigger I am sure. Also not sure if we are getting a Beer Money reunion or not. God I hope so. Storm does have that Feast or Fired briefcase, so I am guessing if it’s not with Roode, we could potentially get an AMW reunion?

This is one of the matches I am looking forward to the most. In the time period you have chosen, you have virtually more than half the eventual NXT roster to pick and choose from, and I am glad you are using both Nation and Riccochet as building blocks for the future. The match read as a fun go around, would have liked to see a couple of more spots from each guy, showcasing their athleticism, as this was the finals of the big tournament, but that’s just a minor thing. The major thing coming out of this is you have now added two more serious players to your roster.

Going into BFG I had my money on Kim shocking everyone and winning, but instead Martinez wins in easy fashion. The women’s division doesn’t have much meat on the bones right now in terms of roster power, but I am sure you will add more talent down the line.

This Joe/Lashley match was another one I was excited for. I know from reading some of your past MMA threads on here that you know your shit when it comes to this type of style. I’ve said it in the past- I live under a rock when it comes to modern shit, especially the MMA world. If it’s not WWF from 90-97, I know about it, but don’t really know about it. So I did some research and it seems that John McCarthy is like the Earl Hebner of MMA, meaning he gets all the big fights-so I like that you added him to this match.

For the match itself, I didn’t expect Joe to have much success and with Lashley having a MMA background, I knew he would clean up. Joe’s claim to fame when it comes to submissions is the Coquina Clutch and nothing else, so he didn’t have much of a shit stepping into Lashley’s domain. I must say, Lashley leaves BFG looking like an absolute MONSTER here. I am expecting big things from him down the line, which may not bode well for Gunner retaining later on tonight...

The Hardy Brother write up in your Road to BFG was my favorite thing by far, and this certainly delivered. Brutal match, loved the thumbtacks used throughout. The handcuffs, use of Reby with the low blow, falcon arrow on the thumbtacks…and then the fucking SWANTON onto the thumbtacks!!! Awesome stuff, amazing visual of Matt moving out of the way and Jeff landing right on them. Post-match I did not expect, but it makes perfect sense to wrap up this feud at the biggest show of the year. Looking forward to more crazy shit from these two now that they’re teamed up. Very well booked here.

Time for some Chris Hero. Going into this, he had a lot of fanfare with his debut and then then writeup for the build to this bout, so I always expected him to take this here. Not only is it the right call, but you now have a very legitimate champion in the X-Division. Sanada was always just a place-holder, and it feels to me that you just used him for the time being while you stuck to real life TNA at the time. The match itself was a great read. I loved how you continued to play up Hero’s neck all jacked up following the match. The only thing I can say I didn’t really like-and this is a complete personal preference to his character- was Hero shaking Sanada’s hand post-match. I understand that Hero would definitely live up to the code of honor and shake his hand, but I was hoping Hero would lay out Sanada after the handshake. I know he is a face but I would have liked to see it happen, just because the only Chris Hero I know is from his ROH/CZW days when he was a shit heel.

This tag title match could have really gone any way, as all teams had a legit shot at winning it. Awesome match, some insane spots which I was looking forward to. It really delivered. The legit use of the “X” for Daniels was an awesome touch, and that added realism really made the match for me. My favorite spot was definitely the Belly-to-Belly suplex off the ladder through the table- great stuff. Kazarian overcoming the odds and winning by himself at the end was pretty cool too. The great thing about ladder matches is you can now have both losing teams with a legitimate gripe about the match since they were never pinned, and I am hoping for more matches between these three teams.

Holy shit, awesome booking. I told you I glanced over this earlier on, but never fully read it in depth. The cash-in spot was booked to perfection. Kazarian just went through hell, won the titles by himself and now Beer Money cashes in. Great job here, I loved this. So much for my AMW reunion. Beer Money now sits atop the tag division, and you now have three teams instead of two for the chase. Great job here.

As I stated earlier, I had a feeling with Lashley kicking the living shit out of Joe that he was probably the next man up to challenge and Young would win it. I really don’t mind the underdog story at all, but it seems like you just shocked the world at the last PPV with Gunner winning, and I was expecting you to get behind him and build him up as a bad ass champion. The match was written well, told a great story too. So now Young is the champion, which makes me thing this spells trouble for Bully Ray, no pun intended.

The main event delivered just as it should have. All the bells and whistles, the interference, big schmozz fest. Without a title on the line, this match needed all of that to get across its importance. Loved D-Von and Dreamer trying their best to help their extreme brother and neutralize Rhino. You did a great job of building EC3 up as your ace in the company right now, and that running Powerbomb spot was amazing.

Overall, this was an awesome read. Even without the backstage segments and promos, this was very fun to dig into and watch everything unfold. Now you have laid the groundwork and I really believe that this thread and time period are now “yours” instead of following the real life trajectory to get up to this point. You have tons of different storylines/angles to build off of now between Lashley and EC3 with legit claims to the World title-EY as the underdog champ-Gunner looking for revenge. That world title picture should be fun as hell to play out in the future. On top of that, all three titles changed, which makes me a believer that the reset is complete, and now it’s time for the fun to begin. Great show my friend!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

As promised dude, going to give your Bound for Glory show a read and I'll share my thoughts.

Excited to get going so.. Here we go! :D

Bound for Glory Review:

- So first thing I noticed was the disclaimer and while I understand, that's a shame. Backstage segments and promo's help break up a show and move it along nicely. Presentation and such of the show looks really nice and clean though- good job.

- Nice opening contest and starting with the Ultimate-X match was a good choice! The line about the fans chanting "TNA! TNA!" and not getting the memo made me chuckle Ha! Trent going rogue and I like the idea of a cocky heel Trent in the X-Division.

- Storm vs Aries up next! I don't think I've ever read a "btb" where someone wrote a "Boring!" chant into one of their matches Haha! It was refreshing and creative and also showed James Storm's basic but effective style. A-Dub picking up the victory is cool with me. Interesting exchange with Storm & Roode, I'd be all for a Beer Money reunion!

- I LOVE this match up for the Super X Cup Finals. I could picture Uhaa Nation & Ricochet going back and forth, move for move in my head and it was an enjoyable read. Pleased to see Ricochet pick up the victory but both men are going to be a force in the X-Division to come no doubt. Exciting times.

- Building Mercedes Martinez into a BADASS and I'm digging it! :D BIG win and I wonder who will step up the Knockouts Champion next?!

- I really liked the uniqueness of the Fight Club Match with Lashley & Joe. Even the idea of having John McCarthy call the action inside the ring as Referee was really creative and clever thinking. I think this match probably needed a bit more detail and while I like the honesty of the crowd chanting "we want wrestling!" it did take away from the match for me and so I praise the creativity- but the execution was a little off on this one. Lashley winning was the correct call and the finish with the ground and pound elbows was a good call.

- Monsters Ball was awesome! Really enjoyable and brutal. Glad Matt picked up the win after all the punishment he sustained. Hardy reunion at the end with Willow removing the mask and I assume we will get the Hardy Boyz back. I'm good with that.

- X-Division match is up next and no real complaints, it was decent enough. I'm not personally a fan of seeing Chris Hero in the X-Division but I'll give it a chance.

- Really enjoyed the Full Metal Mayhem! So good reading the Wolves & Bad Influence together and at their best In this time period. Magnus & Brown also played their part making this a really good match. The spot with Daniels was brutal and was sold really well with the officials ruling him out of the match with the "X" signal. I'm happy with Bad Influence picking up the victory though I do wonder if Daniels could be ruled out for a little while.

DAAYYYUUUMMM! Beer Money are BACK and they're the NEW CHAMPIONS! CRAZY! I was not expecting that to be the outcome but it worked out perfectly. Very creative!

- Modern Day Viking is a cool gimmick and adds more character to someone who was very bland. I like how you notched up the detail with the Co-Main and the Main Event to come. Quite shocked to see Eric Young come out with the victory! I'm even more shocked to see the show of respect from Gunner at the end as well.

- Last Man Standing, Streak vs Career! Doesn't get much bigger then this and it was an AWESOME match! Had everything and I had no idea which way it was going to go which made it so interesting from start to finish. The people getting involved wasn't overkill and made sense to the story with some great spots in the match. EC3 has done it though and he ends the career of the Bully. Big scalp and Ethan is going to be red hot presumably going into a feud with Eric Young for the Impact World Championship!

Overall = I enjoyed the show mate! Matches were all decent to awesome. Maybe a bit more details and more of a "show" with some promo's and backstage segments to break it up next time would make the difference from a good show, to a great show. I like the direction you're going with your vision of Impact wrestling though and I'll be reading along definitely! Good job bro, well done!

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

R. I. P. Lionheart

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Spoiler:

Cheers for the reviews lads, if anyone wants to leave more, even if it's just quick thoughts on the show and what I can do better, it'd be appreciated! I'm in the midst of writing the build to the next PPV now, but since I didn't do any segments, and some of the results may have been confusing, I thought I'd post a little news thing. Enjoy!

Also I don't know why the format is being dodgy as fuck, so bare with me.

Impact News!

World Title Drama!

• While Bound For Glory by all means was a success, there was a butting of heads backstage between head of creative David Robertson and the now-former Impact World Champion, Gunner. Reports can confirm that Gunner was unhappy that he was dropping the title after only a few months into his reign. and that he wanted to hold the belt until at least January. Robertson stated that he wasn't impressed with Gunner's performances as champion, believing he was being "complacent" and the fans copped on, turning on him. During the buildup to the show, Gunner would audibly be getting booed on TV, to the point where Impact would turn the volume down to mask the boos.

• Gunner was also dissatisfied with the World Title being an afterthought to Bully Ray's final Impact match, believing he was being overshadowed by someone else leaving the company. Gunner is quoted by saying "What's the point in having the world title if bigger stars just headline over it?" David is also stated to put Ray/EC3 over Gunner/Young due to Bully being a servant to Impact for the better half of 8/9 years, Robertson even going as far as to say Ray would be world champion if he wasn't leaving, and Bully/EC3 was simply a much hotter feud that had been building since before the Lucas Spradlin and Robertson was put in charge. While both men are being civil to each other, and it's highly doubted Gunner will walk out anytime soon, it's clear Gunner isn't happy with how he's been handled while David isn't happy with how Gunner has performed. More news as we get it.

New Signings!

• After months of rumours, we finally can confirm that Impact Wrestling has signed two HUGE names! Former WWE Intercontinental Champion John Hennigan and Former Ring of Honor World Champion Adam Cole have both signed deals with Impact Wrestling! While John's deal is a by-the-numbers Impact deal, where he can work certain indies with Impact's permission, Adam's deal is much more interesting. Reports suggest that Cole didn't want to leave ROH, so after all three parties sat down, an agreement was made that Cole will still appear on both Impact AND ROH Television, while also being able to compete on PWG shows, a condition he specifically placed in both companies contracts. Cole is expected to get pushed right out of the gate, as head of creative David Robertson is reportedly a huge fan of Adam's work. Hennigan is expected to be pushed in the upper midcard, possibly feuding for the X-Division Championship, or.....

New Titles Rumoured!

• While it is currently just speculation, at some point Impact may be introducing a new title belt into the company. Many reportedly believe that the midcard in Impact is a bit static, that if people aren't in a tag team or in the X-Division, they're essentially just floating around not doing anything. This new reported title may change this, however, one should be weary, as Impact has had other midcard belts before, such as the TNA Legends/Global/Television Championship that had little success. While it is currently in the brainstorming phase, an inside source has stated they're thinking of an "MMA vibe," but that could easily change over the coming weeks and months.

Christopher Daniels Injury!

• During the Full Metal Mayhem match, one half of the eventual winners, Bad Influence's Christopher Daniels, suffered a big concussion that will keep him out of action for several weeks. It's reported this injury led to a complete change in the eventual winners of the match, originally penned to be The Wolves, but the ending of the match required a big bump from Daniels, so the finish was changed on the fly so Kazarian would win on his own. Daniels may be back after 6-8 weeks, most likely feuding with Beer Money Inc/The Wolves over the Tag Titles.

Bully Ray Departure!

• One of the more shocking news stories this week was Bully Ray's departure from Impact Wrestling. It's reported that the departure wasn't due to bad blood or a falling out, but Ray had stated even to the prior management that he wanted to leave Impact after October. Bully and Brother Devon are rumoured to be in line for a return to WWE, with Bully asking to have his contract cut after October. Robertson, an avid Bully fan, granted his request if he put Ethan over in a Last Man Standing Match, to which Bully happily agreed to. Ray reportedly cried backstage, after coming through the curtain to see the entire locker room applauding the legend for 8 years of service. Ray has even said he is more than happy to return one day, but right now it's time for him to leave.
    Last edited by Chaddes; 01-17-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered
    In the BTB Section!

Jam Up Guy

Status

So I've finally caught up (real life has gotten in the way as of late) and just wanted to share a quick word to say Bound for Glory was really good. I'm loving the format of the shows, keeping it light on backstage segments and not overdoing the matches. Makes this quite a refreshing read and something that is pretty easy to keep up with (why I didn't keep up with it I have no idea!)

The highlight of the show for me was the Joe/Lashley match. You've just made Lashley an absolute BEAST, and he's the guy I'm most interested in now. I presume Joe will come roaring back and they'll eventually have a rematch, but this is really outside the box booking and I love it.

Also was a big fan of the SUper X Cup, and loved that you used Ricochet and Uhaa in the finals. I hope you keep both guys around.

I think in terms of an overarching story through the angles and matches, I perhaps enjoyed Mercedes and Gail the most. I'm just a sucker for dominant champions who are impossible to knock off their perch. It's so satisfying when they do.

The Hardyz stuff was kinda wacky, but I appreciate you doing something a bit creative with them. It's perhaps not my cup of tea, but there's a place for that kind of thing in wrestling and I like that you're trying to mark out a niche for yourself.

I also like you putting the belt on EY, just because I've never got Gunner and you can tell some interesting stories with Eric. I don't think he's the kind of guy you want in main events, but he's a step up from Gunner and at least when someone does beat him it'll mean more than someone beating Gunner. All that said... Eric should have had his moment in the main event. I get that the Bully story was a big one, especially with him leaving, but it has to be a REALLY big match to go after a World Title change, and I don't think this would have killed the rest of the show if it had gone on earlier.

One tiny nitpick - you had three title changes in a row on the card. It's not a massive deal, but if you have all the title changes back-to-back but none anywhere else on the card, it starts to lose it's emphasis somewhat.

Anyway, going back to Bully/EC3, it was a great match, and EC3 seems like SUCH a big deal now. I also like that Bully is being moved on. Gotta keep that roster fresh, and I'm not sure what more you can really do with him before he gets stale.

I'm kinda gutted you had Sanada job tbh. I love Hero, but Sanada as the never-ending champion had more potential to be. But, hey, let's see where it goes. Likewise the sudden re-emergence of Beer Money.

One thing I didn't love was the over reliance on stipulation matches. We had Ultimate X (should have gone longer than 7 minutes imo), Full Metal Mayhem, Fight Club Match (not sure if that was a special stip or just a nice name), Monsters Ball and Last Man Standing. That's over half your card, and like with the back-to-back title changes, means it doesn't land quite as well as it might have done if you'd have reigned it in a little.

Still, despite those couple of little nitpicks, this was a really interesting show, and you're well set up for the future. Especially with the addition of Johnny Mundo and Adam Cole, things could get real interesting from here. I'll try to do a much better job of keeping up going forward!

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Remember checking this thread out when you first started but I'm guilty of not being up to date for a little while, yet last night I began going through it randomly and I've got to be honest. I'm blown away by your Bound for Glory event. Firstly I want to praise you for restraint, as with these projects it's very easy to have a bunch of new faces pop up from the off. Yet you have managed to only bring in a select handful which has more of an affect. I hope one day I can have that restraint haha. I very much appreciate your recap style and the format of your shows, they are easy to read and not a pain on the eyes if you get me, which I appreciate.

The opening contest I can imagine was a fun little opener and had a great spot to close the finish. Defo a hot start to the show and I feel you had the right winners. I must admit, I used to use the photo bucket photos as well in an old BTB and I always liked that look. The heel turn by Trent was slightly forshadowed in his entrance, but no complaints there. Him vs Sydal or him vs Everett will be fun. Must admit I was surprised to see Aries go over Storm but with what happened later on I can see why. Credit to you for mentioning if matches aren't well received by the crowd. That's something I've always considered doing but at the same time, don't think I'd be able to pull off.

Ricochet/Uhaa was a lot of fun, happy to see Ricochet win and get his shot. Same time I hope to see you possibly sign Uhaa as well. Your use of Mercedes Martinez has been excellent I must say, she's someone I've been a fan of for a long while and I've wanted her to be in a big promotion. So I'm pleased to see her reign continue here, curious to see who she'd have next as I could be wrong but she seems to have cleared the division. Lashley/Joe was different and I like that. You gave it an MMA feel which we know Joe can pull off from his match with Angle, the best part as well was he doesn't look bad in this as IMO he went out on his sword similar to Poirier with Khabib when he tried for that guillotine.

I'm a rare person who actually liked Willow and I felt you handled him well in this match. The thumbtack swanton was sick, and the ending was very intriguing. Part of me wonders if we'll see you do a take on Broken Matt at some point. The battle of the proteges is a fantastic touch, always a fan of mentioning these tie ins and it made your X-Division title match feel more special. Hero winning was no doubt, surprised you've gone with him as a face but I'm interested to see how he progresses. Might be a slight critic but it does feel like perhaps you've maybe had too many gimmick matches on the show. I know it's the big one, but sometimes it does take from the special nature of these bouts.

Full Metal Mayhem was a great read. I had a feeling something was up when it was just Kaz with the belts, you've been teasing the reformation of Beer Money for a while and that was a great pay off right there. Eric vs Gunner was very good, and it defo felt like the right change to make a switch. Personally I'm a fan of Gunner's and I wonder if you'll incorporate what was said about him backstage into his character in the future. Your main event was fantastic and one of the best contests I've read in this section, I was fully invested in the fued and the finish. You did a great job there. Kudos for having Bully depart to follow through. So yeah, tremendous job man. Keep up the good work.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Some thoughts on the Impact news following Bound for Glory.

- Things are not looking good for Gunner after dropping the Championship amonst some backstage controversey. I quite like this pulling back the curtain idea and it kind of helps with those that were surprised that Gunner dropped the Championship after a short reign.

- Two BIG signings! I'm not a fan of Johnny so I'm not that bothered about him- but I do love Adam Cole! The idea of him in Impact around this time is pretty damn cool and he's got everything needed to move up the card quickly and become a main attraction. I like the added thinking outside of the box of him not wanting to really come to Impact and so he's kept his ROH and PWG appearances in his contract which is a nice touch and allows him to be used sparingly and meaningfully when he's around. Kudos on the creative thinking too of not making everything all rosey with Impact right off the bat and building a picture of a true rebrand.

- New title? Hmm interesting. I'm not sure about an MMA kind of Championship though :/

- As expected Daniels has picked up a serious injury and will be out for a little while. Be interesting to see where Kazarian goes from here? I'd like to see him back in and around the X-Division.

- I like the way you handled the Bully Ray departure and there's room for a return in the future too!

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

R. I. P. Lionheart

Status

hey guys, I don't mean to bump this unnecessarily, but I thought I should put up a post saying this is going to be halted for a while. I'm really not okay, and I need to try and focus on myself and make sure I can leave my house again. I will come back to this thread, I have 5 years planned in this and I don't intend on just leaving it, it's just right now I'm a bit fucked, so I need to sort it.

Thank you to BattleTank and Keef for helping so much and lending advice, even if I just took it and forgot to reply back (sorry Keef <3). Also to everyone who commented and showed interest, it really means a lot to me that you guys even read my thread, and to the people who voted for my in the BTB of the Month. That shit made me so happy and I can't express enough how less shit that made me feel. So thanks.

In the BTB Section!

R. I. P. Lionheart

Status

Impact ReDefined
    11/01/2015
    Philidelphia Pennsylvania
    (BattleTank you fuckin lad, cheers for the graphics my guy <3)

Impact World Championship
    Austin Aries vs Eric Young (C) vs Bobby Lashley

"Showtime" Eric Young has been a staple of Impact Wrestling, and has been a true fighting champion over the past 3 months, but on January 11th, he takes on two of possibly the best challengers he's ever faced. One of them, a monsterous MMA killing machine, the other, widely considered one of the best wrestlers in the entire world. Young has more heart than anyone on the roster, but can he survive two of his biggest challenges to date?

Young vs Aries

After Bound For Glory X, Eric declared he was going to defend is world title at every opportunity. When Impact ran some shows in Philidelphia, Eric would challenge anyone to a Impact Title match, which would lead to Young stealing the show with great one-off matches with Super Crazy, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Al Snow, Little Guido & Rob Van Dam.

While this was happening, Austin Aries started gaining some momentum, as he and former X-Division champion Sanada had a Best of 3 Series to determine the new #1 Contender for "EY's" championship. After losing the first match to a Tiger Suplex, Austin managed to comeback with a victory in the second by Brainbuster. Finally, in the third and final match, the two went hell for leather. Austin kicked of a Tiger Suplex and a Moonsault from Sanada, while the Japanese sensation showed his heart, kicking out of a Brainbuster and 450 Splash. In the end, Sanada went for another Moonsault, only for Austin to roll out the way and lock in the Last Chancery for the submission! After the match, Aries challenged Young to a title match the next week, instead of the PPV! Young accepted the challenge and the two ended the show staring down.

The next week, on the 04/12/2014 edition of Impact, Eric and Austin did battle in the main event, and the two went all out. Aries played the default heel, working over the head of Young. Both men pulled out all the stops, with Eric even nailing the Youngblood Neckbreaker! Young climbs up the top rope to hit the Diving Elbow Drop, but out of nowhere, D'Angelo Dinero crotches "EY" on the top turnbuckle! Bobby Lashley rushes into the ring and soccer kicks Aries right in the ribs! Lashley mounts Aries and lands some brutal hammerfists, before ragdolling him onto his shoulders! Dominator by Lashley! Bobby sees Eric getting up and nails a HUGE Spear! Bobby picking up the World Title and stares at it, with Impact going off-air and both champion and challenger laid out.

Golden Armageddon

After the attack, D'Angelo Dinero opened up the show with Lashley and his entourage around the ring, where he ran down MVP for not putting Lashley in an immediate title match after his dominating display at Bound For Glory X.

"MVP, it truly baffles The Pope how you can even have the idea in your head, that Aries and Sanada should fight in a Best of 3 Series for the #1 Contendership, while pro wrestling's biggest MMA crossover star is left on the sidelines. And as for you Mr Young, I'm very disappointed in you. Here you were, telling everyone you were a fighting champion, and I almost believed it too, I really, really did. But as it turns out baby, you're just as yellow as everyone else! You are TERRIFIED that Lashley is gonna take your belt and yes, Eric, you should be. Because Bobby Lashley isn't JUST a wrestler. Bobby Lashley isn't JUST an MMA Fighter. Bobby Lashley is a pure, unfiltered, unrelenting, unstoppable killing machine. And Lashley will not stop until he has that beautiful, shiny world title around his waist."

Out came Austin Aries, who at first looks like he's going to trade words with Lashley, but he looks side to side, hears the fans chanting "Aries!" & just says "ahh f**k it" and dives onto Lashley! Aries is landing rapid fire punches to Bobby, the Bellator fighter trapped in the corner, but Bobby shoves Austin off and double legs him! Bobby tries to hold Austin down, but Aries keeps throwing punches to keep Lashley away. It doesn't work though, as Bobby hoists Austin up and launches him across the ring. Lashley nails the Spear, but isn't done, he lifts Aries off the mat, hoists him up and nails the Dominator! Bobby sets Austin up again for the Spear, but Eric Young runs out with a steel chair, sending Lashley and D'Angelo packing.

All Out Assault

After the beatdown, Aries went to MVP & demanded a match with Lashley. MVP tries to Austin that he's too hurt to compete, but Austin isn't having it. Realising he isn't going to change Austin's mind, MVP tells Aries he'll give him a week to recover, as he's going to face Lashley next week in a #1 Contender's Match, where the winner faces Eric Young at ReDefined.

Eric Young came down before the bell to appear on commentary, where he would talk about how he's a fighting champion, but if he HAD to pick between the two, he would pick to face Austin because he wouldn't have to deal with "The Pope" and he sees more holes in Austin's game.

The match went pretty much how you would expect it to go, with Bobby throwing Aries around the ring, but Aries showing his heart and refusing to give up. Aries goes for his Standing Dropkick, only for Bobby to swipe Aries away and go for a Running Powerslam.....But Aries escapes and chop-blocks Lashley, nails a shinbreaker and a Leg Hook Saito Suplex! After a 2 count, Lashley gets up in the corner, but gets blasted with a Dropkick to the face! Bobby doesn't go down and staggers to the ropes, with Austin clotheslining "Walking Armageddon" out of the ring! Aries slaps the mat and signals he's going for the Suicide Dive! He gets caught!

OH! Lashley nails a Belly-To-Belly Suplex into the Commentary Team, taking out Young!

Lashley tosses Aries into the ring and charges for the Spear! But Austin ducks and Bobby is sent into the corner. Austin lifts him up for the Brainbuster! But Lashley escapes and headbutts Austin, then lifts him up for the Dominator.....

Bam!

Eric gets into the ring and hits Lashley with the Impact Title!

Young starts laying into Lashley! But Austin yanks him off, and he is FURIOUS. Aries rips Eric a new one for costing him a title shot, asking what the hell is he doing. Young calms down and apologises to Aries and explains that Lashley threw him into Young.

BAM!

Aries Low Blows Young!

Young doubles over and Aries nails the Brainbuster! Austin poses on the apron as the show goes off the air.

The next week, MVP announces that Eric Young will be defending his Impact World Title against Bobby Lashley at ReDefined. This brings out Eric, who apologises for interrupting, but asks MVP to make the match a Triple Threat Match, with Austin Aries added in.

"I lost my temper last week and accidentally cost a man a shot at this title, and as much as I want to kick his ass now, it's only right he gets a shot at me too."

MVP accepts the reasoning and it's announced that at ReDefined it's going to be Eric Young vs Austin Aries vs Bobby Lashley for the Impact World Title! Who is going to walk out with the title?!

Ethan Carter III & Rhino vs Rockstar Spud & Gunner

"You Owe Me"

It's two weeks after Bound For Glory X, and after taking a week off the heal from his brutal Last Man Standing Match with Bully Ray, which resulted in the former Impact World Champion leaving the company, Ethan Carter III is making his way to the ring to face Jigsaw. Of course Ethan has his crew of Rhino & Rockstar Spud with him, but something seems.....off. Ethan makes short work of Jigsaw, eventually putting him away with the One Percenter. Carter doesn't celebrate his win, instead grabbing a microphone and commanding that Spud gets into the ring. Both Rhino and Spud look confused, as Ethan tells Rhino to wait outside, as Spud climbs into the ring.

"So, 2 weeks ago, I retired one of Impact Wresting's biggest hanger's on, Bully Ray. I gave you ONE job. That job was to have my back, and make sure that I have no problems at Bound For Glory. And what did you do?"

Ethan gets right into Spud's face.

"YOU HIT ME WITH A GODDAMN CHAIR!!!"

"You split my head open! You almost cost me THE most important thing in my career! YOU ALMOST COST ME EVERYTHING!!!"

Spud is apologising profusely, but EC3 isn't done.

"Oh you're sorry? You're sorry you caved your bosses head in with a steel chair? You're sorry that you gave me 12 goddamn stitches?!?! Well you know what Spud?"

Ethan puts his hands on Spud's shoulder.

"You owe me bud."

LOW BLOW!

Carter just low blowed Spud! One Percenter! The scene ends with Carter screaming in Spud's face as he lays prone on the canvas, Rhino just standing, emotionless.

A New Ally

For the next few weeks, we see Ethan bullying Spud in a variety of different ways, including verbally berating him in interviews, making him carry all his & Rhino's luggage, making him get him coffee, etc. But, while Spud was clearly unhappy with how he was being treated, he put up with all Ethan's bullying to try and get back on his good side. One week, EC3 sent Spud to fetch him a coffee, only for Spud to accidentally spill the coffee over Ethan's suit. In a rage, Carter grabbed Spud by the neck, pushed him against a wall and was about to punch him until....

"HEY! BACK OFF!"

Gunner grabs his arm! Ethan stares at Gunner with pure rage.

"Get your goddamn hands off me freak!"

Gunner gets right up in Ethan's face, then Rhino gets in Gunner's face. Gunner doesn't back down though, and it takes Ethan calming down to get Rhino to back off. Ethan warns Gunner to watch himself, and walks off with Rhino. Spud is just stood against the wall, shook by what's transpired.

"Hey, you okay?"

"SPUD! MOVE!"

Spud just meekly looks at Gunner and walks off.

The next week, we see Spud making Ethan a coffee, when Gunner bumps into him. Spud thanks Gunner for the help last week, which Gunner accepts. Gunner then asks Spud why he's just letting himself get pushed around.

"I don't work for Impact Wrestling, my British Boot Camp contract expired at the end of 2013. I'm hired by The Carters and now, more specifically, Ethan. As much as it looks like he's treating me badly, he's my best friend, I deserve what he's doing because of what I did at Bound For Glory."

Gunner asks Spud why he doesn't just quit, and Spud reiterates that EC3 is his best friend, and the only way he gets booked, is through Carter. If he's fired by Ethan, he's fired from Impact and he outright says he isn't good enough to be signed as a wrestler, to which Gunner cuts him off.

"Spud, I've seen you on the indies, okay? You know what? You're an incredible wrestler. So what if you're 5'4 and 155 pounds? You can do things in that ring that most people WISH they can do! You captivate a crowd like a lot of people wish they could do! You don't need Carter, if anything, he needs you!"

Gunner tells Spud that Ethan isn't his friend, real friends don't treat each other the way Carter has treated Spud.

"Look, I can't force you to quit your job, I understand it's hard, but if you ever need anything from me, I'm here for you man."

Spud accepts the gesture, as Gunner goes off to prepare for a match.

Job Vacancy

After a few more weeks of Spud getting bullied by Carter, Gunner challenges EC3 to a match on the 25/12/2014 edition of Impact. The two lay into each other, with Gunner giving Ethan a pounding in the corner, even going for the F15 super early, only for Carter to roll outside to slow the pace down and regroup. Gunner keeps on overpowering Carter and it takes an accidental distraction from Spud for EC3 to get back into the match. In the end, Gunner accidentally takes out a referee, and Ethan takes advantage by nailing a Swinging Neckbreaker. Carter demands Spud hand him a chair, but Spud's conflicted. EC3 is screaming for him to hand him a chair, until it's too late, the referee has gotten up and Ethan goes for the One Percenter.....

But Gunner pushes him off.....

F15! IT CONNECTS!

1!

2!

What?!

Rhino blindsides Gunner for the DQ! We were so close to seeing Ethan get pinned on Impact! Rhino and Gunner start duking it out until Ethan low blows Gunner, then pushes him into a Gore by Rhino!

"Spud..... Get in here.....Now."

Ethan dresses Spud down in front of everyone, just spitting venom at his assistant in front of the whole crowd.

"You are PATHETIC! You're a stupid, horrible, disgusting, LOSER! You don't realise how lucky you are to work for me!!!"
    "
    "YOU THINK I CAN'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO?!?! YOU SCRAWNY STUPID SUIT-WEARING LITTLE NOBODY?!?!"

Ethan is losing his mind about how Spud i trying to cost him his undefeated streak as revenge for how he's treated him, all the while, Spud is stood there, half upset, half angry, as the crowd are chanting his name.

"SHUT UP!!! ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!!!"

"You don't like that I was punishing you for smashing my face in, so now you're trying to cost me EVERYTHING!!!! So you know what Spud? If you hate your job so much, YOU'RE FI-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU TOTAL KNOBHEAD!!!!"

The crowd go MENTAL for Spud finally standing up for himself!

"I'm so sick of you constantly berating me, assaulting me, treating me like dirt on your shoe! You really think I'm deliberately trying to cost you your undefeated streak?! Do you understand how mental you sound you total lunatic?! YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND!!! I made a mistake at Bound For Glory X, but YOU WON! You rid Impact of your greatest rival! Why are you so angry Ethan?!"

"You are a spoilt, entitled little s**t and I am NEVER EVER EVER LETTING YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS AGAIN!!!!"

"I QUIT!!!!"

Spud has the crowd in the palm of his hand as Ethan is just stunned at all of this coming from Spud.....

GORE!!!!

Rhino Gores Spud!!!!

Rhino looks down at Spud, a tiny little bit of regret in his eyes, but Ethan pats his heavy on the back, picks up the mic, and kneels down to Spud.

"No Spud, you're fired."

Revenge

Spud isn't seen on Impact for a few weeks, but Ethan & Rhino spend the next several shows going after Gunner who made it very clear he was going to fight for Spud. Gunner challenges Rhino to a match on Impact. The two big monsters brawl all over the place, with Rhino jumping Gunner before the match even started. Rhino worked over Gunner's ribs, setting up for the Gore, while Ethan watched from ringside. Gunner manages to fight back, nailing a Saito Suplex and a Superplex to wear down Rhino, then nails for the F15, but Ethan climbs onto the apron to distract the ref from the count! Rhino grabs a chain from ringside that Ethan left for him to crack Gunner, but from the crowd.....

IT'S ROCKSTAR SPUD!!!!

Spud runs out, grabs Rhino and nails the Underdog!

Gunner knocks Ethan off the apron and makes the pin!

1!

2!

3!

Gunner beats Rhino thanks to Spud!

Rhino rolls outside, fuming as he makes his way up the ramp with Carter, who's yelling from the ramp at Spud that
    "You aren't supposed to be here!!!" Spud grabs a mic.

"Hey! Ethan! Mate! Guess what? A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine said if I ever needed anything, he'd be there to help me out, you know who that is? It's this guy right here!"

Spud raises Gunner's hand in the air as he's mouthing off with Rhino.

"Gunner has been a better friend in two months than you have been for the over 13 months I worked for you, so he's done me a big, BIG favour, that I think you'd like to know about."

"You see we have a Pay-Per-View coming up called ReDefined, and I couldn't help but notice you aren't booked Ethan! So, my friend Gunner here, spoke with MVP, and it has been decided that at ReDefined, it's going to be Ethan Carter III & Rhino, against Gunner......AND ROCKSTAR SPUD!!! And if we win, then I get an exclusive contract with Impact Wrestling!!!"

"And at ReDefined Ethan, I'm going to kick your arse all over Philidelphia!!!"

Spud tosses the mic to the ground as the crowd erupt into massive "Spud!" chants. Will Gunner & Spud be able to win Rockstar's job back? Or will Carter & Rhino be able to pile on the misery on Spud?

Kurt Angle vs Adam Cole

The Olympic Hero Returns.....Bay Bay.

On the 23/10/2014 edition of Impact, the first episode after Bound For Glory X, we have a surprise return, as Kurt Angle makes his first appearance in Impact since TNA Sacrifice! Angle waves and applauds the crowd, wearing a grey "Olympic Hero" shirt and dark blue jeans. He politely asks for a mic as he smiles at the "Angle!" chants.

"Thank you. Well, it's been a long time since you guys last saw me, and boy have things changed. Even the company name has changed. Over the last few months, I've been watching the show, and seeing how the company has grown since MVP has took charge has truly been great to see. But I have something I need to get off my chest."

"Of course, the last time you all saw me was at Sacrifice, where I lost to EC3. I know, I know, I hate him too, but something happened that night. I didn't just lose to Ethan that night, it was the ease he seemed to do it in. It wasn't a total wipeout, sure, but Carter made it look....Easy. I've never felt like that before."

"So, I a few months off to be with my kids, to relax and to truly find myself. I realised that......Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm almost 45 years old, I have a family, it isn't even the first time I've been beaten that badly in Impact before. So, at ReDefined, I'm officially going to have my last ever match in Impact Wrestling before I retire."

The crowd are in shock, as Kurt starts tearing up.

"And I want all of you to know that I'll always love and cherish every moment I've had in this ring, whether you all cheered me or booed me. I've had a wonderful career, but sometimes you've just got to know when to quit."

A massive "Thank You Angle!" chant starts up, the fans paying respect to one of the best wrestlers to ever grace the squared circle.

"But I'm not done yet, so, who wants to give Kurt Angle his last dance?! Why don't you come down here and introduce yourself!?"

The crowd start buzzing wondering who it's gonna be, Kurt staring down the ramp.....

*Something For You*

IT'S ADAM COLE!!! Adam Cole is on Impact Wrestling!!!

Cole appears on the top of the ramp, wearing a grey suit, not taking his eyes off of Kurt as the crowd go mental around him. He smiles and bends down as the show goes off the air....

"ADAM COLE BAYBAY!!!!"

New Face

The next week, we have a sit-down interview with Adam Cole, wearing a black button-up shirt and suit trousers, as he talks with Mike Tenay in an empty Impact Zone. Adam is all smiles and having good banter with Tenay, talking about his career on the independent circuit and how much he's wanted the opportunity to come to Impact, so it's great to finally be here. The conversation moves towards Kurt Angle, and why Adam would want to face Angle in his last match.

"Well Mike, I've always looked up to Kurt Angle, ever since I saw him debut in 1998, and when I saw that Kurt was going to be having his last ever match? Well, I had to take that opportunity to step into the ring with one of the all-time greats."

Cole flashes a smile, but Tenay isn't so sure.

"Forgive me Mr Cole, but having seen multiple highlights of you in Ring of Honor and the Independent circuit, you aren't exactly as humble as you are right now, is there any reason why you've been as respectful as you are currently being? To get in Angle's head, perhaps?"

Cole smirks and looks away, thinking of an answer.

"You're good Tenay, you do your research. Yeah, I'm a massive, MASSIVE d**k, I won't deny that. I'm an asshole. But, the thing is, it's one thing when I'm getting into the ring with someone like, say....Chris Hero for example, I consider him a peer, someone who's on my level. Kurt? He's a LEGEND. When all this is said & done, when they write about the history of professional wrestling and the greatest wrestlers of all time, well, Kurt Angle is #1 on the list. Yeah, I'll admit, there's a lot of benefits for me in this match, it's my first Impact match & I'm facing the greatest of all time in his last match, I have a hell of a lot of pressure on my shoulders Mike, let me tell ya."

Adam leans in closer to Tenay.

"But Mike, I THRIVE under pressure. I live for the lights and the cameras to be on ME. And with all due respect to Kurt Angle, I may respect him, but after ReDefined, after the "please don't go's" and the heartfelt goodbyes, they won't be talking about the end of Kurt Angle. They'll be talking about the beginning of Adam Cole, baybay."

King's Landing

The next several weeks is very respectful between the two, as Adam is constantly talking about how Kurt is the greatest of all time, and Kurt talking about how Cole is an incredible talent and the future of the industry. Each week, we see a highlight of an historic Impact Angle moment, from his multiple matches with Samoa Joe, him holding all the titles at the one time, his Main Event Mafia run, his long-running feud with Jeff Jarrett and his matches against Mr Anderson, Jeff Hardy & Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, etc. During one of the highlights however, they're interrupted by Kenny King.

"yo yo yo yo cut that crap off! Ain't nobody wants to see this old-ass grandpa trying to relive the olden days homie, they wanna see the King of the Night, Kenny King!"

King comes out and runs down Kurt, calling him old and washed up, saying it'll be a blessing when Kurt finally goes away at ReDefined and he can get some of the screentime he has richly deserved. This brings out Adam Cole, who is PISSED about Kenny disrespecting Angle, telling King he has no right to disrespect a legend like that. King starts prodding Cole, saying he knows EXACTLY what kind of man Cole is, and this nice guy routine he's got on is fake, phony and pathetic. Cole straight away slaps King, and the two start brawling! Adam starts getting the better of the two, until Uhaa Nation appears from nowhere and nails a huge Lariat! King lifts Adam for the Royal Flush, but then Angle's theme hits! As the two men are distracted, Kurt enters through the crowd & nails Uhaa with the Angle Slam! Kurt picks up the mic & challenges Kenny to a match tonight!

The match isn't too long, as King works over Kurt's head & Neck for the first 2 minutes, but Angle recovers and throws Kenny all around the ring with Belly-to-Belly Suplexes & Germans. King goes for the Royal Flush, but Angle slips out and nails the Angle Slam, taking the straps down & locking Kenny in the Ankle Lock! Kenny taps!

As Angle is celebrating though, Nation strikes from behind again! The bohemoth launching Angle into the ropes to hit The Chariot! Kenny & Nation are stomping the hell out of Kurt and the commentary team are wondering, where's Cole?

As Uhaa & King are beating the hell out of Angle, we cut backstage.....

Adam Cole is chatting up Brooke!

We get a good 10 seconds of Kurt getting his head bashed in until a stagehand rushes up to Adam to let him know what's happening. Cole grabs a nearby pipe and rushes to the ring, chasing King & Nation off, but by that time, Kurt is laying in a heap in the ring!

Laying Down The Law

It's the go-home Impact, and Adam goes up to Angle, who's in his locker room just getting dressed from winning his one last match on Impact against Uhaa Nation, to apologise. Angle doesn't say anything, and when Cole goes to see if Kurt's okay, Angle gets right in his face!

"Listen pal, because I don't think you quite understand what is happening right now. Last week, as SOON as I saw you were getting your ass beat by Uhaa & Kenny, I came out to try save your ass. I at least expect you to return the favour, but I guess maybe you are as big of a opportunistic snake as everyone has been saying!"

"Kurt, please-"

"NO! At ReDefined, you and me are going to have my last match. For months you've been all buddy-buddy with me, almost as if you're trying to hook up with me rather than fight me live on Pay-Per-View! You are NOT my friend, You are NOT my protege or whatever the hell you're trying to do. This Sunday, you are my final opponent, and I wanna go out in style. Oh it's real, it's DAMN real!"

Kurt barges past Cole to leave the arena, while Adam stands in the locker room, not really sure how to react.

It's finally here, who will come away from Kurt Angle's final match with the victory? Will Kurt ride off into the sunset? Will Cole reveal his true colours?

Impact Knockouts Championship
    Mercedes Martinez (C)vs Taryn Terrell

Accountability

Mercedes Martinez totally unstoppable ever since she made her debut on Impact in May of 2014. She's smashed Madison Rayne in 6 minutes to win the title in one of the most one-sided title matches in Impact history, she wiped out Gail Kim at Bound For Glory, and has brutalized every other woman on the roster. Ever since Bound For Glory, Martinez would start dragging the belt to the ring, tossing it into the ring before matches and outright ignoring the belt when posing for the fans. Even the crowd don't know what to think, one half of the Impact fan base booing her every move, while the other half love her rebellious attitude and badass nature.

"Y'all don't get it huh? This title? It represents NOTHING to me! I HATE what this belt represents! Y'all think that because you've changed the name and the design, that means this company can just swipe all it's history under the rug? Hell no! I'm not the champ to help Impact erase the years of sexist crap, I'm the champ for me and my bank account!"

As Martinez is cutting this promo however, she's interrupted by a returning Taryn Terrell! Terrell is greeted to a good reception, as she's been out having a child, coming into the ring & asking for a mic. She thanks the crowd for the reception before turning her attention to Martinez.

"Mercedes, I totally respect everything you're doing. Seriously, I do. I think the message your sending is extremely positive, even if I disagree with your methods. But I can't honestly sit back and let you disrespect that title. How DARE you kick around and toss the belt like it's a hinderance to you? If you hate being champion so much and you hate Impact, why are you still champion? Why do you continue to work here and accept a paycheck?"

Mercedes looks almost insulted by that question, but Terrell keeps talking.

"This company's past shouldn't be forgotten, of course not. Stuff like the Lockbox challenge and the strippers in cages shouldn't be ignored, but you don't seem all too interested in actually forcing in a new era for women's wrestling in Impact, rather you're too busy going on and on about the past."

"Woah-woah-woah, hold up."

The champ has heard enough.

" First off, spare me the pity-party for me holding this company accountable for it's past. So what, I'm just meant to come out be a good soldier for the brand? That might be how you roll, but that ain't my drum."

"Second, It's funny how you're gonna tell me I ain't forcing a "New era" of women's wrestling? Y'all forgettin that I don't hire anyone here right? I can't make Impact hire better women, otherwise you'd be out of a job."

Taryn looks a bit burned on that one, but Mercedes ain't done.

"Finally, who the hell are you to tell me how I should treat my property? This belt? It don't mean jack to me, but the reason I'm still here, is one, the pay as champ, not that you'd know because not only have you never held a belt, you get paid a nice salary for being a live robot, and two, because YOU ain't gonna make this company better. Gail isn't, Madison isn't, no one is, but ME. Change doesn't happen overnight, it happens slowly "queen." So, now that we've cleared everything up, get the hell out of my ring before I make your kid wonder where's mommy at?"

OH! Taryn loses it at that line & takes Martinez down! She starts slamming Martinez's head off the mat, only for Martinez to toss her off & start nailing some stiff shots of her own! The two are needed to be separated by security, as MVP rushes down to try and establish some order.

Dirty Blonde

Terrell makes her in-ring return against Velvet Sky, who she pins in about 5 minutes with the Taryn Cutter, then went on a winning streak, beating Angelina Love & her enemy/friend Gail Kim, giving MVP enough reason to book her vs Mercedes Martinez at ReDefined.

The week before ReDefined, Taryn teams up with Gail Kim to take on the Knockouts Champ & the recently debuted Sienna. The two teams main evented Impact and had a barnburner of a match, including Martinez attempting to nail a Sunset Flip Powerbomb to the outside, only for Taryn to break up the Powerbomb & Kim is able to nail a Asai Moonsault. Kim & Sienna brawl the the back, so it's just Martinez & Terrell. The Champ goes for the Fisherman Buster, but Taryn drops down into a Small Package!

1!

2!

3!!!

TARYN PINNED MARTINEZ! MARTINEZ HAS BEEN PINNED!!!

Mercedes sits up in absolute shock. Terrell has a huge smile on her face as Mercedes gets in Earl Hebner's face about the count. Martinez turns her attention to her challenger and goes for a Clothesline, only for Terrell to duck and nail the Taryn Cutter! Martinez rolls outside, while Terrell picks up the Knockouts Title and raises it above her head!

Will this be the image we see come ReDefined? Or will Martinez's reign as champion continue?

Impact World Tag Team Championship
    Beer Money Inc (C) vs Eddie Edwards & Kazarian

Reunion

For the first time in two years, one of, if not THE greatest tag team in Impact history has reunited, as James Storm cashed in his Feast or Fired Briefcase at Bound For Glory X on Kazarian with his estranged tag partner Bobby Roode. The two came out the Impact after Bound For Glory with the Impact Tag Titles around their shoulders, Roode in a three-piece suit, Storm in a Beer Money shirt & jeans. "The Cowboy" explains in the ring that while Beer Money Inc are indeed back, they sure as hell aren't back for the fans or for a nostalgia trip.

"Me and Bobby has had our differences, he stabbed me in the back to steal my World Title, we've beaten the living hell out of each other, done all kinds of horrible crap. So, why did I choose Roode as my partner? Because as much as I hate this little snake in the grass.....He brings the best outta me. Whether he's with me or against me, god damnit he understands me like nobody else. And I realised, the reason I was so hurt by what happened wasn't just because my best friend betrayed me. It was because I wish I was smart enough to have done it to him first."

Storm hands Roode the mic and talks about his injury, and how while he was out, it gave him time to reflect on things.

"When I was on that hospital bed, waiting for the doctors to do surgery on my knee, I realised that myself and James, we were in the exact same position. We were both coming off losses to Gunner, we both lost some pretty high-stakes matches, and we both, to be brutally honest, we were in limbo. I think I was lucky to have been injured, because I likely would have went down the same road James went down. But, that was then, and now?"

Roode looks at the tag title & smiles.

"We aren't in limbo anymore. We aren't about to just go away either. I've seen for the last few months, just total anarchy run over the tag division. The Wolves are champions, then The United are champions, then Bad Influence are champions, let me just say that as on right now, the days of wild 6 man brawls are DONE."

Storm takes the mic from Roode & looks deep into the camera lense.

"We have teams like The Wolves & The United claiming they're the best tag team in the world? Boys, you ain't even the best tag team in Impact Wrestling! We are 5-Time Tag Team Champions, when people think of Tag Team Wrestling, they think of Beer Money Inc! And if you boys wanna test that? Well, you're more than welcome to try."

Later on in the night, Roode & Storm take on The Wolves in a non-title match, where the two teams put on a pretty short but enjoyable match. Near the end though, Kazarian runs down the ramp to try & get to Beer Money, but referee Earl Hebner rolls outside & the two start yelling at each other! As they're screaming though, Roode grabs the Impact Tag Title, clobbers Richards with it & gets the pinfall win! Beer Money beat the Wolves! Kazarian jumps in & tries to go after Roode, but Storm blindsides him & throws him outside. James then gets a chair, stabs Kazarian in the gut with it, clobbers Eddie with it & wraps it around Davey's ankle!

OH MY GOD!!!

Roode stomps on Davey's Ankle!!!

Richards is screaming in pain, writhing around the ring. Immediately, security pours out, but the champions just smile and walk to the back, admiring their handiwork as Richards is clutching his ankle.

Strange Bedfellows

Eddie Edwards & MVP are chatting backstage about Richards' injury, Edwards mentioning that Davey has a Broken ankle and will be out for at least 2-3 months. As they're talking, Kazarian barges in and demands that as soon as Christopher Daniels recovers, that Bad Influence get an immediate title match. Eddie gets in Kaz's face for distracting the referee, causing MVP to book Edwards and Kazarian in a one on one match for later in the night.

The two have a quick back and forth match, but as the two are entering the finishing sequence, they're blindsided by The United! Magnus and Rampage beat down Edwards and Kazarian and demand they get their rematch for the tag titles. MVP announces that the next week on Impact, it'll be The United vs Eddie Edwards...... and Kazarian! To determine the #1 Contenders to the tag titles!

The two rivals argued CONSTANTLY before their match with Magnus and Brown, as despite Edwards trying to ease the tension between the two, Kazarian would constantly make a snide comment to piss Eddie off, with only the fact they had a match later on keeping them from coming to blows. The United take advantage of the two enemies constantly arguing during the match, with Brown and Magnus wearing over Kazarian's back. Eventually, Eddie gets the hot tag and goes to town on The United with Clotheslines until Beer Money come out on the ramp. Kaz blind tags himself in as Edwards sets Magnus up for the Boston Knee Party, hits a Suicide Dive onto Rampage, as Kaz quickly climbs onto Magnus for the win! Edwards and Kaz, despite everything, are the #1 Contenders!

Bad Wolf

During the build to their match, it's announced that both Kaz and Edwards will face Beer Money in singles matches leading into ReDefined. The first match is Kazarian vs James Storm, but before the match, Eddie met up with Kazarian in his locker room, with loads of tension between the two. Kaz tries to persuade Eddie to interfere in his match, but Edwards straight away tells him he isn't going to help Kaz illegally win, he'll watch his back, make sure Roode doesn't interfere, but that's it. Storm and Kazarian have a pretty good match, with Kaz surprisingly not resorting to cheating for most of the match, until the end where the referee gets knocked down and he tells Eddie to give him a chair. Edwards refuses, but behind Kaz's back, Roode passes Storm the Tag Title and blasts him with it!

Last Call!

1!

2!

3!!!

Storm beats Kazarian thanks to Edwards and Kaz arguing and a belt shot!

Kazarian is PISSED when he goes backstage, calling Eddie a gullible idiot if he thinks he can outsmart guys like Beer Money with just sheer wrestling ability, and not expect them to take any opening they get. Edwards tells Kaz if he hadn't gotten into a shouting match with him at ringside none of what happened would have happened, but Kaz isn't having it and storms off.

The next week, Edwards takes on Bobby Roode in a damn fine TV match, with James Storm on commentary. During the match, Storm would continuously talk about how their match at ReDefined will be a total cakewalk for them due to Roode and Storm having chemistry and the fact they don't argue every 2 minutes. Roode lifts up Edwards for the Roode Bomb, but he accidentally clips the referee who now has his back to the action. Edwards escapes, grabs Roode's waist and pushes him towards the ropes for a Roll-Up....

BAM!

Kazarian out of nowhere cracks Bobby in the head with a kick!

Roll-Up by Eddie!

1!

2!

3!!!

Edwards defeats Roode! Storm is beside himself on commentary, yelling about how Kaz interfered. Storm leaves the desk as Edwards makes his way backstage, happy he's won, but gives Kazarian a glare on the ramp. Backstage, the two finally come to an agreement:

Stay out each others way, until absolutely necessary.

Impact X-Division Championship
    Chris Hero (C) vs Ricochet

Clash of Styles

At Bound For Glory X, we saw the crowning of a new Impact X-Division Champion in the form of "The Knockout King" Chris Hero, defeating Sanada in a hard fought war. Since then, Chris Hero announced he was going to defend his X-Division Championship against anyone, anytime, anywhere, and every week, we started to see Hero defend his championship against some of Impact's best stars, and some talent outside of the company. Hero went on to have wars with the likes of Drew Gulak, Noam Dar, Trent, Sydal, Chuck Taylor and more, having some of the best TV matches of the year, including a standout match with Chuck that saw the Kentucky Gentleman get signed after the match. Chris is a fighting champion, and whoever is put in front of him, he knocks down.

Also at Bound For Glory, we saw the final of the Super X Cup Tournament, where one of the most saught after high-flyers in the world, Ricochet, defeated Uhaa Nation in the final. The Super X Cup winner made an immediate impact on the X-Division, as he single-handedly defeated everyone in The BroMans in singles and handicap action, before announcing to the world he will be challenging Hero to a title match at ReDefined for the title. Hero of course accepted, and there wasn't really animosity between the two parties, with both of them viewing the match as a way to prove they are the best in the world.

Stiff Flips

Both wrestlers have sit down interviews with Mike Tenay to hype up their match, with the challenger being interviewed first. Ricochet dubbed the match a "Indie dream match" and that he respects Hero for everything he has done in his career, calling him a modern day legend. He remarks on how he's looking forward to stepping into the ring with someone who doesn't have the same usual skillset as most people in the X-Division, stating he just needs to not get hit, and no one is quicker or faster than him.

In the Champion's interview, he too is respectful to Ricochet, calling him the greatest high flyer in the entire world and it'll go down as a career defining moment stepping into the ring with him for the X-Division title, but he takes offence to Ricochet's statement he needs to "not get hit." Hero tells Tenay that unlike Ricochet, Chris isn't a one trick pony who relies solely on his strikes or his size compared to other competitors to get ahead. He is an all-out machine in every area. He's an outstanding technician, he can fly with the best of them despite his size, and can knock you out in one punch. Hero tells Ricochet that if he goes into ReDefined expecting to just avoid his strikes to get the win, then he will be in for the rudest of rude awakenings.

Andrew Everett vs Trent

Whip 'Em Into Shape

At Bound For Glory X, after defeating The BroMans to earn Impact contracts, Trent beat down his partners Sydal and Andrew Everett after the match. After defeating Manik on Impact, Trent explains why he beat down his partners, stating he was using them to get a big contract with Impact, and now he's got it, they were both expendable. Trent calls Everett a stupid kid, and he, a 10 year veteran of the sport, deserved better than to be teaming with a shaggy, unclean hobo to get a contract. Sydal came out to defend Everett, stating Trent is just being a douche and is bitter that he wasn't good enough to win the Super X Cup in the first place. The two had a match the next week, where they went all out but the match ended when Trent rolled out of the way of a Shooting Star Press, then nailed a Dudebuster DDT for the win. After the match, Trent looked like he was going to hit another DDT, but Andrew Everett made the save!

Prove Yourself

Everett would challenge Trent to matches on Impact, but every time, Trent would shrug it off, stating he doesn't need to waste his time with a dumb kid like Everett. This wouldn't stop Trent from jumping Everett from behind though, attacking him backstage before matches, then smugly walking off. MVP had had enough of Trent's antics however, booking Trent and Noam Dar against Sydal and Everett, and if Andrew & Sydal got the win, then Trent would face Everett at ReDefined. The four men had a great match, that ended with Dar accidentally nailing Trent, only to be hit with a Tilt-A-Whirl DDT by Sydal, a Shooting Star Press then tagging in Everett for a Shooting Star Press of his own for the 3 count! Trent, infuriated at the loss, started beating down Noam, only for Everett to save Noam by nailing Trent with a Headscissors! Can Everett pick up the win against the man who turned on him at BFG-X?

John Hennigan vs Tigre Uno

This Ain't No Make Believe

On the 20/11/2014 edition of Impact, Impact Wrestling fans were treated to the debut of "The Thursday Night Delight" John Hennigan. Debuting with by far one of the most overblown entrances in Impact history, including a smoke machine LOTS of pyro, a red carpet, photographers and a woman on each arm, Hennigan sauntered to the ring with a huge grin on his face. Hennigan then faced off against "Dolph Eastwood" (Tony Nese), where John would dominate most of the match. John would quickly pin Eastwood with the Moonlight Drive, ending the match in just over 5 minutes. Hennigan would pose with the cameras for some pictures with the press, then leave.

This would continue for several weeks, with Hennigan having classics with such future stars like "Arnold Stallone," (Kennedy Kendrick), "Jean-Claude Ford," (Alex Chamberlain), "Mel Russell" (Jay Cruz) & "Chuck Snipes" (Rich Swann). Hennigan would brag about how he's going to bring a little "hollywood glamour" to the X-Division. He would routinely go to fellow wrestlers such as Manik and The Menagerie, saying they needed a little "star power" and he can help get them to the top. This would usually end in them facing Hennigan in a match, which John would win convincingly.

Tiger's Roar

Tigre Uno would return to Impact on the 18/12/2014 edition, conducting an interview with SoCal Val inside the ring. During the interview however, John interrupted, giving Tigre the same speech he had given his fellow colleagues:

"Tiger, you are a phenomenal talent, but you're lacking the pizzazz, the flash, the looks to TRULY be a star. I mean, c'mon, coming out in a stupid mask with cute little ears on top? That's SO mid-90's bro. I know that over in Loserville Tijuana they love that crap, but it doesn't work in the States. I know you wear the mask because you have all the looks of a Predator that's snacked on a chainsaw, but I can help you though! All you have to do take the mask off, and I can help you reach SUPERSTARDOM! Think about it: I'll pay for your plastic surgery-NO! I'll pay for your whole entire family's plastic surgery, so they ALL aren't ugly little goblins! What do ya say?!"

Tigre stares a hole at Hennigan and......nods? He shakes John's hand, turns around and starts undoing the mask! Hennigan has a big smile as he laughs at the crowd.....BAM! Uno socks Hennigan right in the mouth, sending him outside! Uno stares at John with anger in his eyes as Hennigan backed up the ramp.

Uno returned to action the next week defeating Chuck Taylor, only for Hennigan to blindside him after the match. Hennigan throws Uno HARD into the corner, Tigre stumbling out right into a Superkick. Hennigan picks up Tigre and nails him with the Moonlight Drive. After the beatdown, MVP booked Hennigan and Tigre in a match for ReDefined. Can Uno make Hennigan pay for insulting his culture? Or will John smack down the luchador?

ReDefined Matchcard:

Eric Young
    (C) vs Austin Aries vs Bobby Lashley

Mercedes Martinez
    (C) vs Taryn Terrell

Beer Money Inc
    (C) vs Eddie Edwards & Kazarian

Chris Hero
    (C) vs Ricochet

Kurt Angle Retirement Match
    Kurt Angle vs Adam Cole

Rockstar Spud's Contract

Andrew Everett vs Trent

Last edited by Chaddes; 05-30-2020 at 10:30 AM.

In the BTB Section!

What A Maneuver!

Status

Eric Young (C) vs Austin Aries vs Bobby Lashley
    I think it is Lashley’s time to take over this BTB. Young, while a solid champion, doesn’t have the same power as a guy like Lashley does. Plus, having Lashley as champion allows you to build up some credible guys underneath to challenge.

Mercedes Martinez (C) vs Taryn Terrell
    Terrell comes off great in the write-up, but Martinez is your Knockouts stalwart at the moment.

Picking solely on the basis that Beer Money is my favorite Tag Team in Impact history. Plus, Kazarian and Edwards are a makeshift team, I don’t see them winning it.

I think Ricochet will become the face of the X Division, and what better time to strap the rocket to him than in his first title match. Plus, he has a ton of momentum heading into this one after winning the X Cup (I think that was the name?) Hero can afford a loss and still be booked strong in defeat.

Kurt Angle vs Adam Cole
    If he is really retiring, he will be doing the job. However, I think you stretch this out a few more months. Either way, love to see Adam Cole in Impact, probably the best move you’ve made in terms of roster additions.

Rockstar Spud's Contract
    The feel good story of the PPV. Although Rhino Goring Spud made for a great moment. Spud gets the win, with help from Gunner, while EC3 continues to be one of the most fun characters you have.

Andrew Everett vs Trent
    This is a true toss-up, but fun to see newer guys getting a match on the card.

Hennigan/Impact/Mundo/Morrison goes over, and I believe this will kickstart him into the upper echelons of the Main Event scene.

Glad to see you back writing, man! Pumped to get my TNA/Impact fix in once again. The write-ups for this were really well done, I’m looking forward to the PPV!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Just wanted to quickly drop in and say.. Welcome Back! As someone who followed and enjoyed this previously, I'm really glad you picked it back up.

I'll be reading buddy.

ReDefined Predictions:

= I'm going with Bobby. He's the obvious star of the company right now.

= Mercedes to win! The figurehead of the Division and someone to really build around. Expecting a fairly lengthy run.

= BEER!.. MONEY!! Champions to retain against the makeshift team of Edwards & Kaz.

= I'm hoping Ricochet wins! I remember really liking when you brought in Hero and thinking it was a good signing; but less so about him winning the X-Division Championship. Ricochet is a STAR! He should be the face of the X-Division going forward and I fully expect he will be.

Kurt Angle vs Adam Cole

= This is tough! I'm going to go with Angle winning; and Cole to attack him afterwards. Maybe a hand shake decline from Cole, or some of his buddies helping him. I feel like this will be dragged out for a little while before Angle fully retires and I'm totally fine with that if so.

Rockstar Spud's Contract

= I'm going with the less obvious victory of EC3 & Rhino. I can see Spud then trying his best to get back into Impact and EC3 blocking him.

Andrew Everett vs Trent

= Trent; Just because I like him.

= Has to be a win for Hennigan before he moves onto bigger and better things here in Impact Wrestling.

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

The recaps have been fun reads, in particular the storyline with Spud and EC3's feud jumped out at me as I've really been enjoying Drake's promo work lately and he has a lot to offer a promotion from a storytelling aspect. Lets go over some predictions for reDefined.

Eric Young (C) vs Austin Aries vs Bobby Lashley - Bobby seems like someone who can carry that title off with his gimmick. He's the star of the 3 men.

Mercedes Martinez (C) vs Taryn Terrell - Gotta be Mercedes for me. Still feels too early to be taking that belt off of her.

Beer Money Inc (C) vs Eddie Edwards & Kazarian - I'm not a huge fan of makeshift teams winning tag teams, so I'm going with Beer Money.

Chris Hero (C) vs Ricochet - This one could honestly go either way and tell a good story, but if you've given Ricochet the Super X-Cup, then you should probably follow up with him winning the title. It'd be like someone winning BOSJ and then straight away losing the Jr title shot. 1 step forward 1 step backwards.

Kurt Angle vs Adam Cole - Cole....gotta be right? If it's his retirement match, Cole needs to get that rub otherwise what are you gaining from doing the program.

Rockstar Spud's Contract
    Ethan Carter III & Rhino vs Rockstar Spud & Gunner - You can't be writing out Spud surely.

Andrew Everett vs Trent - I think Trent has more about him in this BTB, I expect him to win and possibly be that first challenger for Ricochet.

John Hennigan vs Tigre Uno - Hennigan honestly could be in and around the main event spot, especially in 2014, so I'd of hoped he'd win this one.

---

Keep the updates coming mate!

Curtain Jerker

Status

ReDefined Matchcard:

This is a tough one, as all three guys have a great shot at winning the belt. You've done an excellent job of booking EY as a fighting champion. I can see him winning here and losing to one of these guys later in a one on one match.

I haven't seen much of Mercedes but I've heard good things. You make her a compelling character though, so I can't see her losing here to Taryn, even if it's her comeback match.

I'm a huge Beer Money fan so I have to go with them. I guess I'm biased lol.

Another tough one. This match should be a ton of fun and I could see this feud lasting for a while. I'll hesitantly go with Hero here, although Ricochet is a perfect X-Division guy.

Kurt Angle vs Adam Cole
    It feels strange that Cole showed any respect towards Angle after coming off as really heelish during his initial promo. I get the reasoning for the respect but it still came off as weird. I could have seen him coming in pretending to be a babyface and insisting that he was a good guy rather than admitting he was a jerk. Then, a heel turn on Angle would be even more impactful. I do love Cole being involved in this thread and I also loved him being too busy flirting to save Kurt. This match would be awesome IRL and I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Rockstar Spud's Contract
    You write Spud really well and you show some nice chemistry between EC3 and Spud as rivals, mirroring real life. I loved their feud then and I'm intrigued by this one as well. Spud has to keep his contract!

Andrew Everett vs Trent
    Everett is more of a prototypical X-Division guy then Trent. I can see him winning here in order to find another smaller challenger for Hero.

Hennigan is already my favorite character in the thread. I adore the idea of him wrestling guys with Hollywood names. His promo on Tigre was amazing. If you keep this up, he could be the one to unseat EY as champion.

Overall, you have a lot of good things going for you here. I enjoyed the 2013-2014 era of Impact and you've really made this promotion your own. Your style is easy and enjoyable to read as well. Can't wait for ReDefined!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information