Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 March Madness Discussion Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2019 March Madness Discussion Thread

Duke beat UCF at the skin of their teeth 77-76. That would ruin everyone's bracket who picked them to win it all. I loved their 7'6 center UCF has on their team, and that's Tacko Fall. Not to make fun of his height, but he made the tournament fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Iowa has erased a 25 point deficit at the half to tie the game with Tennessee and we're HEADING TO OVERTIME BAYBEH~!
    It's a shame that they almost completed the epic comeback to win the game. Regardless of the outcome, that was a good game by both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CNEW2 View Post
    4 SEC Teams into the Sweet Sixteen. Now just got to get them all through to the Elite 8...then have Auburn upset UK to make the Final 4 and then it'll be a good tourney
    I'm very happy to see those SEC teams make it this far in the tournament.

Auburn plays North Carolina
    Tennessee plays Purdue
    LSU plays Michigan State
    and Kentucky plays the winner of the Ohio State/Houston game.

It's gonna be a slew of tough games that they will all have to face this weekend. For Auburn, they will have the toughest challenge of facing North Carolina. I'm impressed to see them beat Kansas by 14 points. Good luck SEC teams!

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

War Eagle

Status

UNC's three-point defense, apparently, is atrocious. However, they rebound the ball really well. Don't need rebounding when Auburn just drains 3-pointers in their faces

The further Auburn goes, the more ridiculous Charles Barkley will become during the TNT broadcasts. Everything is better with Barkley.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

The further Auburn goes, the more ridiculous Charles Barkley will become during the TNT broadcasts. Everything is better with Barkley.
    Even though UNC is my national champion pick, I'd be perfectly fine with them losing to Auburn just so we can get more crazy Barkley.

I've got Gonzaga, Tennessee and Michigan tonight for my bracket games while I'll be rooting for Oregon to upset Virginia in the final game of the night. Won't be at all surprised to see Purdue and/or Texas Tech win their games.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

The Purdue vs. Tennessee game has gone to its second overtime.

These guys really want that Elite 8 spot.

Crazy game!

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

The Joker would even say that game is nuts and wanting to be apart of that chaos. I had Tenn winning and moving on, but this Purdue team is something guys.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

I hate to Tennessee lose in a two-overtime thriller 99-94, but I'm still proud of those guys reaching their first Sweet Sixteen game in five years.

Purdue had a little fuel left to squeak in that Elite 8 spot.

Congrats to the Boilermakers on making it there!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

If Texas Tech plays D like they did last night they may just win the whole damn thing. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they fare against Gonzaga tomorrow night. Should be a hell of a game.

I've got chances to advance in my brackets with all 4 teams tonight and I'd say I'm most confident in Michigan State and North Carolina taking care of business. I'm a little more concerned about Duke after last week's near loss to UCF while Kentucky/Houston could easily go either way. Here's hoping for another fun filled night of basketball.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

The first #1 seed team has went down, and it was an unexpected one. Auburn took down North Carolina 97-80!

That leaves me with one more team left in my bracket, that's in my Final Four, and that's Duke. This is a black eye for anyone who picked North Carolina to play in the Final Four, or the National Championship Game.

Anyways, I'm very proud of Auburn for really shifting their game to high gear, and pull off a stunning upset against the Tar Heels. First time beyond the Sweet Sixteen in 33 years. They played tough defense and managed to make the baskets at a successful rate in the second half. Couldn't be sweeter for the state of Alabama.

If Kentucky beat Houston tonight, it'll be a SEC matchup in the Elite 8. Let's go Wildcats!
    Last edited by Doom; 03-29-2019 at 09:44 PM.

War Eagle

Status

That's bittersweet. 2nd Elite 8 in school history is amazing and to do it but utterly dismantling Kansas & UNC back to back makes it look even more impressive. However, seeing Okeke go down like that is not a good sign. He's been our best and most consistent player this season and now he, I'm assuming, is done for the rest of the tournament is just a sucker punch to the gut. Feel bad for him because he has been so vital to this team and to see that he won't get to experience anymore of this is just heartbreaking.

Going to be that much more tough when taking on Kentucky or Houston in the Elite 8. Hoping for an absolute slugfest between them and they wear each other down, best case scenario.

On a good note...more Biased Barkley, which gives me life.

Status

That's bittersweet. 2nd Elite 8 in school history is amazing and to do it but utterly dismantling Kansas & UNC back to back makes it look even more impressive. However, seeing Okeke go down like that is not a good sign. He's been our best and most consistent player this season and now he, I'm assuming, is done for the rest of the tournament is just a sucker punch to the gut. Feel bad for him because he has been so vital to this team and to see that he won't get to experience anymore of this is just heartbreaking.

Going to be that much more tough when taking on Kentucky or Houston in the Elite 8. Hoping for an absolute slugfest between them and they wear each other down, best case scenario.

On a good note...more Biased Barkley, which gives me life.
    It was very devastating that Okeke got hurt after Auburn sealed the victory. It's very likely he'll miss the rest of the tournament, and that's gonna put pressure on them for the rest of the way. It's gonna be much more challenging for the team without him.

Status

Duke manages to survive another scare yet again, against Virginia Tech 75-73.

The player from the Hokies that tried to tip the ball with 1.1 seconds, he had the tip at a right angle. I thought the ball would go in.

That's two games in a row that Duke won in a very close game in the tournament. The way Michigan State handled LSU, Duke can't let them get a big lead. It's gonna be the game to watch.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Sucks to lose UNC but I can't really complain given how outclassed they looked for the whole game. At least I've still got two teams left with a chance to make the Final Four, but that just means Gonzaga and Michigan State have to step it up huge in their games.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

War Eagle

Status

Saw the opening betting lines for the Elite 8 games and I am STUNNED they have Kentucky at only -2.5 against Auburn. Last time we played UK, we got dumptrucked by 17 or something like that and our best player is out for the rest of the tournament with a torn ACL. Getting to the Elite 8 is is fantastic for a program like Auburn and as much as I would love to see them make the Final 4 or even win the whole thing, I think Kentucky is just too big and too athletic for us to deal with. We already have a tough time with rebounds because of our size and now we're going to have to rely even more on McLemore, Purifoy & Wiley.

Ironically, 2/3 of them were our 2 biggest recruits 2 seasons ago and now Wiley is only used sporadically and Purifoy had been the primary bench option. Fantastic run that I hope continues, but it's going to be really difficult for them to make up for Okeke's production especially against Kentucky.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I can't be sure which was the bigger story of the second half of Gonzaga/Texas Tech, the Red Raiders crazy defense or the Bulldogs total lack of urgency. I swear there were moments there where they just looked like they figured they'd win because they were the "better" team, though hopefully that wasn't really the case. Anyhow, big time congrats to Texas Tech for making it to the Final Four for the first time ever. They're going to be a tough out against the winner of Michigan State/Duke and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them win that game.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I can't be sure which was the bigger story of the second half of Gonzaga/Texas Tech, the Red Raiders crazy defense or the Bulldogs total lack of urgency. I swear there were moments there where they just looked like they figured they'd win because they were the "better" team, though hopefully that wasn't really the case. Anyhow, big time congrats to Texas Tech for making it to the Final Four for the first time ever. They're going to be a tough out against the winner of Michigan State/Duke and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them win that game.
    Huge congrats to Texas Tech, on making it to their first Final Four in history. It had a suspense ending, cause I thought Gonzaga were actually gonna make the comeback in the last minute of the game. At the end, Texas Tech had a little more in them to end the second #1 seed in the tournament in this surprising victory.

Right now, Purdue's got a decent 17-12 lead against Virginia. Very early in the game though.

Status

Clutch moment by Virginia, with no time left, made the two-pointer to take the game to overtime!

What an game this has been!

Status

Damn.

Purdue shot themselves in the foot with the ball touching them, going out of bounds, with less than five seconds left, to lose the game in overtime. Purdue had the game at the very end, until the luck of Virginia gave them a second chance at redemption, to take the game to overtime and beat them 80-75.

I was really pulling for Purdue to take down #1 seed Virginia, to play either Duke or Michigan state in the Final Four. Unfortunately, Virginia held on tight to advance with the big boys.

Their appearance in the Final Four is their first in 35 years. Interesting to see them being that long since they made it to the Final Four, while Texas Tech made it to their first ever appearance.

War Eagle

Status

With all these long awaited/first-time ever Final Four appearances...why stop the movement now? Let Auburn in for the first time as well!

Either way, an Auburn/Texas Tech or Kentucky/Texas Tech matchup would be very juicy. At this point, anyone but Duke winning and I am content. While I admire the players they've put together and how good they are, something about them has just always rubbed me the wrong way. Never been a fan of them so would've loved to have seen them go down to UCF or Va Tech. Hopefully MSU can pull it off, but I have my doubts.

Status

Auburn has punched their ticket to the Final Four, beating Kentucky in overtime 77-71! Good game for both SEC schools in the Elite 8. I am extremely happy of Auburn, seeing them one step closer of playing in the National Championship Game for the first time ever. CNEW my boy, you guys deserve everything right now. I believe Auburn can play with any of the three teams, for the way they have played so far. That win was not only for Okeke, but it's for the fans who waited for so long, to see Auburn make it to the Final Four for the first time ever. Bruce Pearl's got those guys focused on the prize. I know I'm a Bama fan, but this is for y'all.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!
    Last edited by Doom; 03-31-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I'm glad Auburn got in as it takes care of the first half of my parlay bet for the day. Now I just need Michigan State to knock off Duke and I'm in the money baby~!

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Thread Information