Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,481 to 1,487 of 1487

Thread: WWE WrestleMania 35 Discussion

Yooooo Mang

Status

Re: WWE WrestleMania 35 Discussion

Joe is def one old the best in the world and what better way to make him look like a badass in his first Wrestlemania ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Joe hasn't been one of the best in the world since 2006 but basically yeah . Doesn't harm Rey at all and made Joe look great.
    Just a bit of hyperbole to drive home a point.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The correct way is you use squashes to build to mega cards like this. Not the other way around.

But i do agree it wont hurt Rey in the long run.
    If you're saying that cards the size of Wrestlemania don't need to exist at all, I agree with that.

But if you insist on having a 20 match, 10 hour show like WWE insists Wrestlemania become, these kinds of matches are the only way to keep the show even remotely tolerable.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    If you're saying that cards the size of Wrestlemania don't need to exist at all, I agree with that.

But if you insist on having a 20 match, 10 hour show like WWE insists Wrestlemania become, these kinds of matches are the only way to keep the show even remotely tolerable.

I can see that point. However i find the length insanely intolerable. Its just too much for me. I can watch 4 hours of wrestling but it has to be from different promotions from different eras. Anything over that is just overkill. Kudos to people who enjoy 7 hours straight of wrestling. But yeah a few short matches can make things flow better.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Just Monika... or Yuri

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Just finished Mania last night (been watching in shifts as I couldn't get any time off work and had a bunch of other stuff happening this week). Pretty decent show and well-paced given its length, even noticeable as someone who didn't watch it all in one sitting. Bryan vs. Kingston was definitely match of the night.

I can't add anything that hasn't already been written, but WTF was up with that main event finish? I get that WWE probably wanted to protect Ronda by having her lose to a controversial pin, but it kind of deflated Becky's post-match WrestleMania moment, especially with the slow-motion replay and Graves going on about it and Cole and Renee glossing over it. Yes, it's an angle, but it wasn't necessary. Ronda's still going to be Ronda, even if she took a clean finish from a completely unexpected counter.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Like a mini WWE 24 showing some backstage stiff at Mania which I thought was pretty cool. Xavier Woods is the best.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Established Veteran

Status

I've been really busy, finally managed to post a review.

Pre-Show
    Nese vs Murphy
    Good match. I don’t watch 205 Live anymore, don’t know much about Nese but nice to see him win the belt.

Women’s Battle Royal
    Just like last year, they got the winner wrong again. Happy for Carmella that she won but Asuka should have won this. Hated it when she was eliminated by Sarah Logan of all people. That was ridiculous. Good to see Ember Moon back though.

Hawkins and Ryder vs The Revival
    The match was ok, surprised that this got a lot of time. The result was very predictable. The losing streak ended for Hawkins so it’s a great moment for him to win at the biggest show of the year. Expected Hawkins and Ryder to drop the belts back to Revival on Raw but they retained. They should start a long winning streak for the new tag champs.

Men’s Battle Royal
    This was decent. Braun was the clear favourite, he was the right choice to win. He’s lost a lot of steam so it’s a good win for him. Didn’t enjoy the final parts of the match, the SNL guys had no business being there at the end. Nice to see Harper back though.

Main Show
    Rollins vs Lesnar
    Great way to start the show, never expected this match to open the show. The crowd was hot for the opener. Glad that Rollins won, we’ve now got a full time champ. Seth did what Roman and Dean couldn’t do and he slayed the beast at WrestleMania. Surprised that the match was very short though, deserved at least 5-7 more minutes and it could have been a very good match. Rewatched it again and before the bell rang, Lesnar dominated for 4 and a half minutes. Then when the match officially started, it lasted 2 and a half minutes. For 7 minutes of action, it was an enjoyable match.

AJ vs Orton
    Solid match, didn’t expect AJ to win but it’s nice that he won. That’s probably it for the feud. AJ’s done it all on Smackdown so he needs to go to Raw. Would love to see AJ vs Rollins next year at WM.

Smackdown 4 Way Tag
    Really enjoyed this, such a fun match. All four teams went out there and got enough time to put on a fun tag match. Usos winning was the right choice, their first win on the main show.

Shane McMahon vs The Miz

Poor George. Not a fan of Miz losing but Shane won in such a fluky way so it looks like the feud will continue. The best in the world got the first heel victory of the show. He’s going to brag so much about his win.

Women’s 4 Way Tag
    Bathroom break match, watched the ending and probably the most unexpected result from the whole show. Never expected The Ilconics to win the belts. Shocking, didn’t want them to win. Re-watched the match last week it was alright.

Kofi Kingston vs Daniel Bryan
    Match of the night. Brilliant match, great story and a well deserved win for Kofi. 11 long years, congrats Kofi. Credit to Bryan as well as he played his role perfectly. The crowd was absolutely rocking throughout the match. This should have been the main event. It just seemed as if it was the end of the show when Kofi celebrated. First time in a WM title match where they showed the other wrestlers backstage cheering on a face to win the title. It was nice to see Kofi celebrate with his kids and The New Day. Loved their WM exclusive post match interviews. HBK interrupted their promo to congratulate Kofi, nice moment. Credit to Byran Saxton, he was brilliant on commentary during this match and the whole Kofi storyline for the title.

Rey Mysterio vs Samoa Joe
    This was one of the matches I was really looking forward too but Rey and Joe ended up getting the death spot. This was cut short due to time constraints LOL. This result really pissed me off and for me this was the worst part/result of the show. This match lasted a minute, unbelievable. Now when Rey beat JBL at WM25 in 21 seconds it was absolutely hilarious because I hated JBL. I'm a huge Rey fan so to see him get obliterated was painful to watch. Joe’s missed the past two Manias and deserved a longer match. They had some other things on the show that was filler that could have been cut. Hope Rey and Joe have a proper match at a ppv soon.

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre
    This match was alright. Happy for Roman that he won his first singles match since his return. Expecting Drew to bounce back from this defeat. Maybe a move to Smackdown or he becomes the next MITB winner.

Triple H vs Batista
    The longest match of the show. Like most Triple H matches, this went on for way too long. Should have been around 12-15 mins. It was a good brawl though. The Nature boy shows up to help the game defeat the animal. Started to fall asleep after this match and continued to watch the rest of the show the next day. At least Batista got his farewell match. HHH is 50 in July, he should also retire at next year’s Mania. Next year’s WM, it would be 20 years since Triple H made his debut at WM12. Not sure who would be the best opponent for him? Don’t want to see Mania rematches, ruling out guys like Cena, Orton, Brock, Reigns, Bryan and Rollins. Would hate to see HHH vs HBK and Taker again. Maybe he could clash with The Rock. They clashed at WM2000 but it was a 4 way match. The show is in Florida next year and Rock is likely to headline the show. Or how about AJ Styles, Drew McIntyre or Balor?

Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin
    Damn, Corbin wasn’t replaced. Shawn Michaels got Taker, Flair got Michaels, Batista got Triple H, Goldberg got Lesnar, Austin got Rock in their last matches. Poor Kurt Angle got Baron freaking Corbin in his last match. If only Angle’s opponent was Cena. The match was shit and absolutely awful that Corbin retired Kurt. I know that Rey was injured but they should have had Mysterio/Joe and Angle/Corbin trading match times with Kurt coming out on top in a quick squash.

Finn Balor vs Lashley
    Surprised to see this so far up the card, second to last match. Probably done because of Finn’s demon entrance. Expected this to be very short and it was fine for what is was. Glad Finn won. They really need to rebuild Lashley back up as a monster, he should be main eventing. A move to Smackdown would be good for him.

Ronda Rousey vs Becky vs Charlotte
    Good match but not worth the hype. It’s still better than the past three Mania main events. Happy for Becky as she was the right choice to win this match but the finish absolutely sucked. Totally ruined the moment. It was out of nowhere, such a terrible underwhelming ending. Why couldn’t they have just gone with a tap out finish for Becky, that would have been a bigger pop. Also why cut her celebration short? If that’s how the main event was going to end then it shouldn’t have been last. The WWE Title match should’ve closed the show.

Overall
    Enjoyable show, best Mania since 31. Probably better. It had a lot of good babyface wins, feel good moments. The pacing was really good up until Roman’s match. Alexa was great as the host. It was cool to have guest commentators throughout the show. Cena returning as the doctor of thuganomics was cool but wish he had a match instead. It’s sad that Taker missed his first Mania since 2000. He ended up returning on the next night on Raw. Lacey Evans is one of the most annoying and pointless acts ever. They really need to stop with the long shows, it’s just way too tiring. Either reduce it back to 4 hours or if they continue to make the shows longer then make it a two day event. They could start the show a bit earlier or just put more matches on the pre-show and make the main show 4 hours.

Thread Information