Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebellion Discussion Thread

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: Rebellion Discussion Thread

RIP to your cousin, HoHo.

The X-Division match was solid but at just 5 minutes it really felt like what was the point?

HoHo was right, the Scarlett match wasn't needed, they should have given this time to the X match & let Scarlett do her strip show on her own.

6-Man - Josh Alexander was super over. I'm not surprised since The Rascalz are so unlikable. Solid match from all involved, though I hated Dez's Ospreay Special. Like the original, it missed by a mile.

Taya/Grace: Another solid, if unspectacular match with a flat finish. Was surprised at Grace's spot here as she gets seemingly tossed aside relatively quickly.

Swann/Callihan was a great brawl with surprisingly well done storytelling, with one of the best portrayals of a "conflicted" babyface I can remember, in that he wasn't actually conflicted, in fact he had no problem at all going to Sami's level, & brought the fight to him most of the match which cut through Sami's mindgames point blank. Sami's been arguably the MVP of Impact the last year.

Tully coming in was a great surprise, & what wasn't a surprise is Gail Kim is still awesome. Legit great match between Gail & Tessa. Tessa went from one of the worst women's wrestlers early in her career to one of the best, she's REALLY stepped up & has been good for a long time. Tessa turning was the right call too, she should get the title from Taya for sure & I wish Gail would stick around.

Impact/Cage wasn't good. Cage was out of it, what was the deal with this Lance Storm stuff? They did their best in a rough spot but the overbooking hurt it as well. Elgin coming in was something I halfway expected, but putting him into the title picture was ballsy. He does have history with Cage at least so I get it. I do like Cyrus saying "He left NJPW because he wanted to become Impact champion".

Lucha Bros/LAX was nuts in a good way & the third great match of the show. It's a tossup for MOTN but I would definitely pick this one. I do question the point of the ladders in FMM match types like these since without anything to grab there really isn't any need to climb it. I digress but I thought the chair spots like the DVD & the Penta Driver were a lot better. That said, the finish worked great & really put LAX over, especially considering the brothers appear to be AEW bound. Fénix in particular stood out as a great wrestler both offensively & in his bumps. Love what he brings to the table. Thought the hug was a little redundant after the better hug between Tessa & Gail earlier.

Overall 3 great matches is nothing to shake a stick at, & Gail leaving was a genuine feel good moment. Would definitely give the show a thumbs up.

Stars:

X* 6-Way: **1/2
    Scarlett/Roju: *1/2
    Moose & Friends/Rascalz: ***
    Taya/Grace: ***
    Swann/Sami: ****
    Tessa/Gail: ****
    Cage/Johnny: **
    LAX/Lucha Bros: ****

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I thought the only thing great on this show was Tessa/Gail. Tessa really is one of the best women's wrestlers in America right now. I worry about her as a babyface though I think that takes some tools away from her and she's naturally a heel. We'll see though.

Wasn't really a fan of LAX/Lucha Bros tbh. 20 minutes of superkicks and same old attitude era TLC spots; it had it's criticisms too, but Aussie Open Vs Swords of Essex was much better at being a holy shit TLC style match that had hatred and a strong story running through it. Fenix with the nastiest spanish fly botch I've seen in a long time too. I didn't think this came anywhere close to the greatness of LAX/OGz from last year.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I heard a lot of hype about the LAX/Lucha Bros match, and I know how great both teams are, so I'm like, let's check it out... why was I so let down? It was a spot-fest done poorly. I felt extremely disappointed with the match, and I'm a huge fan of tag team wrestling and gimmick matches, so this was... just odd to not like? It just wasn't that good.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I thought the only thing great on this show was Tessa/Gail. Tessa really is one of the best women's wrestlers in America right now. I worry about her as a babyface though I think that takes some tools away from her and she's naturally a heel. We'll see though.

Wasn't really a fan of LAX/Lucha Bros tbh. 20 minutes of superkicks and same old attitude era TLC spots; it had it's criticisms too, but Aussie Open Vs Swords of Essex was much better at being a holy shit TLC style match that had hatred and a strong story running through it. Fenix with the nastiest spanish fly botch I've seen in a long time too. I didn't think this came anywhere close to the greatness of LAX/OGz from last year.
    Yeah Tessa as a Face vs Heel I'm afraid for it no doubt. She's been money as a Heel to the point that I can't see her as a pure Babyface rather somewhere in between. Tessa vs Taya last time around was very good I felt and now with the Tables turned with both ladies that feud could go some interesting places next time around. Zero I totally agree with the statement involving Sami. He had a great feud with LAX with his buddies and Pentagon/Fenix as well that turned out multiple great Matches dude is money right now. I would of loved to see him beat Swann for The X-Division Title, but he's so good right now he doesn't need it.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Thread Information