Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - February 26, 2019

Status

Re: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - February 26, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I thought Big E and Woods were brilliant in that opening segment with how proud they were for Kofi and how outraged they were when he got screwed. Them being ballistic while Kofi was heartbroken and silent made the segment for me. Nothing Omega about it.

The misstep for me is the idea of thinking this was the best way to bring Owens back as a babyface. It's a rubbish way for him to be brought back, he comes off with heat by being Kofi's replacement. Owens Vs Bryan I have zero interest in because I'm now rooting for Bryan, the heel, to win because Owens doesn't deserve the match. It took one match for me to be reminded that I do not enjoy Owens' matches and that was a nice break from seeing him every week; I think ever since Triple H handed him the universal title, he's been broke in my mind as a character. So ridiculous to run the same basic set up as the womens title match, don't these 10 new creative members talk to each other?
    Surely Owen's isn't actually replacing Kofi, right? Because yeah, it's not the best way to bring him back as a face and it's almost like they are re-hashing Bryan/Batista all over again, but this time on purpose, as if the KO face turn isn't made to last

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Woods & Big E's overacting was awful & embarrassing. Being pissed of course should happen & it has nothing to do with why it was bad, but not acting like cartoon characters which is why I never get into any of their promos really. And to make matters worse, this to me is a very "real" storyline that should be treated as such & I don't think they even came close to being realistic. If a non-fan saw that they'd just think they're really bad actors more than getting emotionally invested.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    You got a short memory, dawg

I'm not saying it's watercooler talk the next day but if you check the comments sections around the web I'm pretty sure way more people are responding positively about the Blackochet/Rukamura match then they are lamenting the lack of a tag team title segment. I know you can't see outside your Miz-colored glasses, but truthfully that feud doesn't need an instant more build than it has right now and WWE is far more likely to water it down than to actually add anything meaningful to the feud. In the meantime, the contingent of people who actually care about pro wrestling got a neat little tag team match with some guys they don't normally see, and the main-roster watching crowd got some extra exposure to two of the more exciting guys on the NXT roster.

I 101% guarantee there is more buzz about that match than there would have been for whatever tag team title segment WWE might have cooked up in its place.

Because someone's gotta lose that match and WWE doesn't want the NXT boys, the tag champs, or the number one contenders eating a loss right now.
    I dont think Kofi's EC performance really proves your point, because that was a part of a larger arcing storyline. Its not just a great performance / match by itself. It had the added drama of Kofi randomly getting inserted into a World Title picture, going the distance in a gauntlet match, and then making it to the end of an EC Match. He's the underdog getting a shot at glory out of nowhere, that always hooks people in and gets a buzz going because we all love underdogs. Santino Marella making it to the end of an EC match got a buzz as well, because of the same love for underdogs.

Now it was apparently a good match / performance from Kofi but theres a story behind all of that too.

No harm in Miz eating another L really in a match vs DIY or Black/Ricochet, its 99% of what he's done for the past 8 years. It'd suck, but ultimately hes little more than a glorified Brooklyn Brawler anyway.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

You're comparing a guy who's constantly winning and defending successfully championship gold to the Brooklyn Brawler.

I did just read that, right?

Do you do hard drugs?

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    You're comparing a guy who's constantly winning and defending successfully championship gold to the Brooklyn Brawler.

I did just read that, right?

Do you do hard drugs?
    To be fair you can check his W/L record on profightdb. He's only won 30% of his matches in WWE.

Brooklyn Brawler is a stretch. obviously, but I do get his point about Miz taking losses all the time and how, at this point, it really isn't going to hurt him.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

They include House Shows in that and if you're a heel in WWE that they arent trying to push, you are losing almost all of those matches. Almost his entire career.

Status

They include House Shows in that and if you're a heel in WWE that they arent trying to push, you are losing almost all of those matches. Almost his entire career.
    They do include some house shows but the point remains he takes a ton of losses. Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Goldust, Titus, Rhyno a few of the notable names with better records than him. Practically the only people I know who lose more often are Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

It means nothing though. Its a highly skewed statistic. He was a total jobber up until 2007. The ONLY main event guys with winning percentages above 60 are Taker, Reigns, Cena, Golsberg, Warrior and Lesnar. That's ALL TIME.

They always present Miz as a top talent. To suggest that he's a glorified Brawler is ridiculous.

Status

It means nothing though. Its a highly skewed statistic. He was a total jobber up until 2007. The ONLY main event guys with winning percentages above 60 are Taker, Reigns, Cena, Golsberg, Warrior and Lesnar. That's ALL TIME.

They always present Miz as a top talent. To suggest that he's a glorified Brawler is ridiculous.
    Well I'll concede that comparing him to Brawler is absurd but it was also clearly hyperbole. Personally, I don't have much of a gripe about him losing, but I do find it interesting how low his win percentage is while he is able to maintain a fringe main event status.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

You dont know ETE if you think thst was hyperbole.

Status

You dont know ETE if you think thst was hyperbole.
    Or maybe I know him better than anyone.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Miz is someone that can take a loss and one promo later will have you forgetting that he just lost a match so it's never a priority to protect him. Part of his gimmick is that he's a heel underdog who has overachieved in his career and is not as good a wrestler as some of the top guys in the company so unless he cheats, he will always be bettered by your main eventers.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

It was hyperbole to a degree, but Miz is a guy that losses vastly more than he wins. And while he's positioned in the midcard he's usually just aimlessly floating around jobbing to guys management actually care about.

Thread Information