Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 176

Thread: Pet Peeves

  1. #1
     
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    906029
      Country                    United States

    Pet Peeves

    This is a thread for you to talk about all those pet peeves you have. The things people say really aren't a big deal. The small things that just get under your skin.

    For example, you know what I hate? People who hit "reply all" to a big mass email, that you really don't need to reply all to. Just replying to the sender is good enough. The rest of us don't need to get spammed with 20 emails letting us know you're RSVPing to little Jimmy's birthday party, OK?

    What are your big pet peeves?

  2. #2
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    29,346
    Rep Power
    2152453
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Pet Peeves

    People that don't kick those nasty clumps of snow out from between their tires. For that matter, people that don't brush the snow off the top of their cars before getting out on the road.

    These are pretty trivial but I hate the word "dollop" and when someone refers to a dinner having "all the trimmings".


    Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  3. #3
    Say My Name
    Order's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    13,904
    Rep Power
    482503
      Country                    England

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Keeping with the driving theme, people that don't indicate when coming off a roundabout. And people that don'y say thanks if you let them out from a junction.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision





    Spoiler:










  4. #4
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    37,040
    Rep Power
    2528733
      Country                    England

    Re: Pet Peeves

    One I’m getting annoyed at today at work is people that don’t cover their fucking mouth when they cough. I’m not a germaphobe but c’mon have some manners.

  5. #5
     
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    906029
      Country                    United States

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    One I’m getting annoyed at today at work is people that don’t cover their fucking mouth when they cough. I’m not a germaphobe but c’mon have some manners.
    I spend half my day in a preschool, so basically every other sentence out of my mouth is reminding little humans to cover their mouth when they cough...at Lunch...as they cough all over my tray. Of course it's even more inexcusable when they're grown adults doing it and not three year olds.

    I have much more.

    1. People who read what you're writing over your shoulder as you're writing it, and then proceed to read each word out loud as you write it down.

    2. People who call me buddy. It's petty, but I find it so demeaning. I feel like when you call someone buddy, it's like you're looking down on them. Like you're bigger than them. Like you call a little kid buddy, but calling another grown man buddy is weird. Unless you're like walking in a crowded New York street and a car almost runs you over, and you shout out in a New Yorker accent "Hey Buddy I'm walkin here!". But other than that, inexcusable.

    3. When people are referencing time, and they say something like "Oh, it's quarter to 12". Just fucking say 12:45. You saying Quarter to makes me have to cognitively process time in an entirely more complex way than I need to, when if you just say the damn time it would be fine. Plus it took much like 15 years to even figure out that Quarter to meant 15 minutes, because 15 is a quarter of 60. I legit thought Quarter meant 25, because that's what a damn Quarter is. So I thought when you say Quarter past 12, you meant 12:25. We need to end this.

    4. When people pronounce the year wrong, and I know this is going to be a controversial one because it's soooo common. When we said the year before 2000, we pronounced it like nineteen ninety nine. But then, understandably after 2000, we had to say it different. So from 2001 to 2009, we as a society had to readjust and start saying the year as "two thousand and...". However, starting at 2010, we should have readjusted back saying "twenty ten". But we didn't, we kept collectively saying "two thousand and ten". And it drives me absolutely nuts. However, I have a theory that after 2020 we will finally collectively readjust back. Because of phrases like "2020 vision" people will say 2020 correctly, and from then on they'll say 2021 correctly and so on.

  6. #6
    Get Bitches.
    Inogenius's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland/London
    Posts
    5,958
    Rep Power
    63460
      Country                    UK

    Re: Pet Peeves

    1.) When my Uber driver wants to talk. Seriously - one of my favorite things about Uber is I don't have to listen to a cab driver talk on the phone the entire ride. I also don't want to talk to them. Let me think about how I'm too fucking lazy to wake up on time to take the train into work, and now I'm having to Uber.

    2.) When I do wake up on time to be able to take the train into work (and by train, I mean the DLR in London) and I'm squeezed in like a sardine, being jammed into the stomach by some woman who is still holding her purse by her side. Addon pet peeve, when a woman on the train decides to fling her hair around like she's in a Pantene pro-v commercial and it hits me in the face. It's even better when it get stuck in my beard. This has happened. Multiple times.

    3.) Coworkers who can't tell when I'm done with their conversation. You have roughly 90 seconds until I'm bored. Make the most of it, before I turn around and get back to my keyboard.

    4.) People who stretch on planes in the aisle way. Do that shit by the bathroom. Seriously had some old guy doing toe touches so his ass went in my face every time.

    5.) People that are incessantly rude to cashiers or customer service agents. Unless the person owns the place, or intentionally did something to harm you, they're just following policy. And maybe they legitimately don't know the answer. Like don't get mad at the dunkin donuts cashier because your doughnut isn't gluten free.

  7. #7
    Weird Bitch Energy
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    7,108
    Rep Power
    1091941

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    1.) When my Uber driver wants to talk.





  8. #8
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,209
    Rep Power
    390445

    Re: Pet Peeves

    I actually like talking to my cab drivers and uber drivers. Especially when their foreign.

    Pet peeves:

    The term Trailer: its a fucking preview

    The term drop when something is coming out like a new album.

    The term track. Its called a song.

    The artist Drake.

    Analog sticks. They re crap and suffer from drift.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  9. #9
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Jimmy King's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,064
    Rep Power
    1034302
      Country                    United States

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    5.) People that are incessantly rude to cashiers or customer service agents. Unless the person owns the place, or intentionally did something to harm you, they're just following policy. And maybe they legitimately don't know the answer. Like don't get mad at the dunkin donuts cashier because your doughnut isn't gluten free.
    As someone that works in retail I agree with this. Granted, in my department I don't deal with snotty guests nearly as much as others do, but I've dealt with some when backing up at a check lane or guest service. I tend to just let it go and not let it ruin my mood or day, because it's not worth it and also because I do not like confrontation.

    Another pet peeve of mine is people that litter, leave their trash in a shopping cart, etc. Why bother doing either one of those especially if there is a trash can that's five feet away? It won't hurt to walk a few feet and throw whatever it is away where it belongs.


    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

    Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

  10. #10
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    29,346
    Rep Power
    2152453
      Country                    Canada

    Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I actually like talking to my cab drivers and uber drivers. Especially when their foreign.

    Pet peeves:

    The term Trailer: its a fucking preview

    The term drop when something is coming out like a new album.

    The term track. Its called a song.

    The artist Drake.

    Analog sticks. They re crap and suffer from drift.
    Not that this will change your mind on it but the reason it’s called a trailer is that they used to air at the end of movies as opposed to the beginning, thus trailing the preceding main feature. Obviously that didn’t last long but the name stuck. Personally, I’ve always called them previews because that’s what they are.

    I agree on the term “drop”. It’s dense.

    As far as the term track goes, it’s supposed to be mainly used in reference to electronic music and the process of “tracking” the beats in a sequencer. I do refer to techno/drum and bass songs as tracks but everything else are just songs.

    Another of mine is people that talk about the weather in elevators. I realize it’s just small talk but try to come up with something a little more interesting please and thanks.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 02-20-2019 at 08:56 PM.


    Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  11. #11
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,209
    Rep Power
    390445

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Not that this will change your mind on it but the reason it’s called a trailer is that they used to air at the end of movies as opposed to the beginning, thus trailing the preceding main feature. Obviously that didn’t last long but the name stuck. Personally, I’ve always called them previews because that’s what they are.

    I agree on the term “drop”. It’s dense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really thats where it comes from? Thanks for the tidbit!!!

    I have always called them previews. And i always will.

    and yeah drop sounds so lame. I find track is pretty lame too.

    Im just getting old i guess.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  12. #12
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    29,346
    Rep Power
    2152453
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Really thats where it comes from? Thanks for the tidbit!!!

    I have always called them previews. And i always will.

    and yeah drop sounds so lame. I find track is pretty lame too.

    Im just getting old i guess.
    I did edit my above post to try and explain why the term track exists as well. I do find it annoying when someone on the radio says they’re about to play a CCR track. Last time I checked, Bad Moon Rising wasn’t a dance tune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  13. #13
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    37,040
    Rep Power
    2528733
      Country                    England

    Re: Pet Peeves

    I for one can't wait for the new Drake track to drop

  14. #14
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    29,346
    Rep Power
    2152453
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I for one can't wait for the new Drake track to drop
    As long as you tell me about it in an elevator as opposed to discussing the weather then we’re all good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  15. #15
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,209
    Rep Power
    390445

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I for one can't wait for the new Drake track to drop
    Ha i was waiting for some millennial to reply this but its only when i hear it around me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I did edit my above post to try and explain why the term track exists as well. I do find it annoying when someone on the radio says they’re about to play a CCR track. Last time I checked, Bad Moon Rising wasn’t a dance tune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha exactly

    I imagine track is from cds. i remember when i first popped in my first cd( it was the first Korn album) into my Mcintosh LC3 and it said track 1 , track 2 etc
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  16. #16

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    8,569
    Rep Power
    1266396
      Country                    United States

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I for one can't wait for the new Drake track to drop
    I got even more hyped after he posted a trailer for it.

    I'm still pretty young but I'm starting to see the slow motion effect of my generation turning on the youth and their slang and hobbies and stuff, forgetting how obnoxious we found it when adults laughed at how lame our shit was when we were kids. Kids come up with silly shit all the time, I hate the holier-than-thou culture that emerges with each generation acting like we didn't obsess over goofy shit like Fortnite or fidget spinners. Kids will be kids, I find an adult who looks down on that far more irritating.

    Comments on social media, that's a big one.

    As someone who once aspired to be a journalist and then gave up because I didn't have the people skills, I absolutely hate the 'fake news' culture, both the lazy people in the media who can't be bothered to fact check, or the commonfolk idiots who think anytime a minute story detail was wrong that journalism is dead and that organization has no credibility left. Journalism's fucking tough and it's essential to the common man in a way that's starting to go underappreciated. Big pet peeve of mine anytime someone downplays the effort involved because they saw a typo in a Times headline one time.

    I really hate when people assume why you have an opinion that you do. Like if I say I didn't like a movie, and unprompted, an overzealous fanboy says "Oh well you just didn't like it because it was too dark for you." like fuck off homie I didn't tell you that and I don't like the insinuation that you know me better than I do. That might be my biggest one.

    Pretty much all of my big pet peeves come down to discourse between other human beings, really. I think people suck and need to treat each other better.

    Also I hate that whenever I buy a little container of milk I always use it in like three days but when I get the bigger container I throw the whole thing out two weeks later.
    Last edited by Silk; 02-20-2019 at 09:15 PM.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


    [footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]



  17. #17
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,209
    Rep Power
    390445

    Re: Pet Peeves

    I hate when people waste milk.

    And yeah i found it obnoxious when adults looked down on me when i was young. Now its my turn and its pretty god damn fun!!


    I hate that other generations are jealous of my generation because we ruled so hard
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  18. #18
    No One
    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    13,486
    Rep Power
    863102
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Pet Peeves

    People who define others by "generations". Mostly because things are typically too complicated to reduce it to those broad strokes (people with/without siblings that are older/younger, or are from outright different cultures will hardly have the same generational experiences as the broad stroke generation stereotypes that is typically defined as a baby boomer or millennial or gen x or whatever else you wanna use).

    Also people who mindlessly use buzzwords

    Also people who hate on shit because its a remake/reinterpretation/re-whatever of something they enjoyed when they were younger and say it ruins that older thing as if it has any legit effect on it.

    I'll piggyback on the "people who are assholes to customer service one."

    When people can't make the effort to avoid casually using slurs, especially when the person it could offend is present. Can't stop someone from using the n-word when they're with others/at home/in their car/whatever but it would be decent of you to try and avoid using it around me or at least apologize if you do.

  19. #19
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,638
    Rep Power
    1024790
      Country                    England

    Re: Pet Peeves

    When I don't eat all of my dinner and someone in my family asks me "are you ill?". It frustrates the heck out of me and I get overwhelmed with sudden rage when it's said. No clue why, but it's annoys me, especially when it's a family member that I haven't seen in 5 years.

    And when people constantly try and talk to you whilst you have your ear phones in. Once or twice is fine enough but when it's the 5th time and you clearly just want to listen to music yet the person is oblivious to to it, it can been really annoying.

    I probably have more but this will do for now .
    Last edited by MC 16; 02-20-2019 at 09:33 PM.

  20. #20
    The Flow
    Slick Mitch's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    7,520
    Rep Power
    821595
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Pet Peeves

    People who chew gum with their mouths wide open. It drives me nuts when I hear people chew their fucking gum. Working in customer service I notice that the same people will always be constantly chewing gum. I can’t even chew it more than like 10-20 minutes before the taste goes and my jaw is hurting I cannot grasp why some people chew the same piece or even different pieces nonstop. Other food to an extent too but as long as I’m not enjoying my meal I don’t mind. Also people who slurp their food. Last night my roommate decided to eat cereal and for some reason had to eat it in the most obnoxious way and it drove me crazy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •