Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Pet Peeves

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    youd be surprised how many are considered essential.

maybe passing judgement before you know is the issue too.
    Who has he passed judgment on besides people who are outside and aren't essential workers?

Todd Chavez: I'm deeply sad and nothing can make me happy.

Also, eat the rich.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Who has he passed judgment on besides people who are outside and aren't essential workers?
    its still an assumption and a waste of energy to be mad at people you assume arent essential. This isnt directed at jimmy directly but lots of people are so mad at people who arent essential but you flat out dont know who does what for a living
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-28-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

All About That Ace

Status

its still an assumption
    Sometimes you can be wrong and read more into a post than there is. I do it too. Jimmy didn't say anything wrong

Todd Chavez: I'm deeply sad and nothing can make me happy.

Also, eat the rich.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

when nerds read more into posts than there is.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Sometimes you can be wrong and read more into a post than there is. I do it too. Jimmy didn't say anything wrong
    im not saying what he did is wrong but i find its missguided.

people arent staying home. its sad to say but we re starting to turn on each other. They are asking people to snitch on each other now. millenials blame boomers and boomers blame millenials

check this

im getting to the point, where getting upset at people breaking quarantine is a waste of energy. People flat out dont care.

they had to close malls here because the 70 year old and older were all over the malls. so basically we're being told to stay home to protect old people and the malls were full of them disregarding the fact they were asked to stay home.

this isnt me giving up on society but every day i get reminded how many people someone in my news feed saw at the park or they re mad because they think people are working when they aren't essential.

for all you know...these people are essential and you wasted energy being mad at them.
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-28-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

It seems pretty obvious to me that Jimmy was simply trying to make the point that you should be staying at home if you don't have any need to be out. Obviously this doesn't include people that get groceries, supplies, etc. Just the people that are congregating in groups even though they've been told it helps contribute to the spread of COVID-19. I see no problem in being frustrated with those individuals, though I personally wouldn't be "snitching" on them.

I also don't recall anyone saying I should do so if I come across these people. Perhaps that's a Quebec thing?

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It seems pretty obvious to me that Jimmy was simply trying to make the point that you should be staying at home if you don't have any need to be out. Obviously this doesn't include people that get groceries, supplies, etc. Just the people that are congregating in groups even though they've been told it helps contribute to the spread of COVID-19. I see no problem in being frustrated with those individuals, though I personally wouldn't be "snitching" on them.

I also don't recall anyone saying I should do so if I come across these people. Perhaps that's a Quebec thing?
    Maybe it is a Quebec thing. But its being pushed on people now.

I guess in some ways im giving up hoping we flatten the curve. People just don't give a fuck and i feel being mad at them isn't helping me at all. I went through the im pissed at people being out and about.
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-28-2020 at 04:21 PM.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah, my message was more so directed at the people that are blatantly ignoring the stay at home order and are still gathering in large groups. I get that some people are going to go out to get their groceries or other things, I’m not calling them out.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Yeah, my message was more so directed at the people that are blatantly ignoring the stay at home order and are still gathering in large groups. I get that some people are going to go out to get their groceries or other things, I’m not calling them out.

Im sorry if i came off like was painting you as a bad guy. i wasn't trying to and that surely wasn't my intention.

I guess im just frustrated how much this fuckin thing has ruined our lives. My girl has put a block on me hanging out with my friends. Facebook is pure negativity.

Just today were out in our driveway playing around and this mother and her son came(out for a walk) by and talked to us from the end of the driveway . friendly exchange. and my son and her son were talking and i had to like pull my kid back a few feet. Its completely fucked up. Its like our kids couldn't be kids.

Im sorry if i came off attacking you man

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Im sorry if i came off like was painting you as a bad guy. i wasn't trying to and that surely wasn't my intention.

I guess im just frustrated how much this fuckin thing has ruined our lives. My girl has put a block on me hanging out with my friends. Facebook is pure negativity.

Just today were out in our driveway playing around and this mother and her son came(out for a walk) by and talked to us from the end of the driveway . friendly exchange. and my son and her son were talking and i had to like pull my kid back a few feet. Its completely fucked up. Its like our kids couldn't be kids.

Im sorry if i came off attacking you man
    Nah man, I get it you’re frustrated it’s no worries I didn’t take it as an attack. I understand your frustration, it sucks. I’m sorry that happened to you, it’s terrible that it’s gotten this way.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Car insurance, specifically the way it 'rewards' people who treat their car like shit and probably aren't very good drivers because it doesn't actually interest them. Only look at a car as a box to get from A to B and nothing else: here pay a really low premium every year. Actually care about your car, look after it, modify it, put that much money into it that you cant not be careful; here pay a massive premium every year.

Its ass backwards.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Car insurance, specifically the way it 'rewards' people who treat their car like shit and probably aren't very good drivers because it doesn't actually interest them. Only look at a car as a box to get from A to B and nothing else: here pay a really low premium every year. Actually care about your car, look after it, modify it, put that much money into it that you cant not be careful; here pay a massive premium every year.

Its ass backwards.
    maybe I'm not following but wouldn't a shitty car be cheaper to fix than a nicer car? thus why you pay more for a nicer car's insurance.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by John Mayer View Post
    maybe I'm not following but wouldn't a shitty car be cheaper to fix than a nicer car? thus why you pay more for a nicer car's insurance.
    Its not necessarily a shitty car though, just most people dont give 2 shits about their car, its just a box on wheels, hence why Toyota and their catalogue of incredibly dull cars have been so successful in recent decades. And there's a correlation between not caring about something (driving) and not being any good at it. But if you fall into that bracket generally you'll pay low premiums because you'll just put around on the school run and off to the shops. Even at 32 I still get ass raped trying to insure anything because I'll chuck a set of aftermarket wheels on it or something.

Most 'enthusiasts' will take much better care of their car than the average Joe who just wants the vehicle equivalent of a whitegoods. But insurance never reflects that.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Most 'enthusiasts' will take much better care of their car than the average Joe who just wants the vehicle equivalent of a whitegoods. But insurance never reflects that.
    As an owner of a couple of classic cars over the years, I can agree that enthusiasts generally take more care of their wheels. After all, they've put time and money into them, and their feelings towards them will reflect as such. However, I cannot recall a time that I broadly generalized an entire group of people that didn't fall into that category, as you've done here. Personally, I think that's not only ridiculous, but also a very short sighted view of a large group of people.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

People who modify cars are more likely to drive faster too though probably.

Buddy if you try to take my rights you're in for one hell of a fight
    When it comes to my Constitution I'm a true believer
    Come to my house I'll tell you right now, I'll give you my gun
    When you pry it from my cold dead hand, start with my middle finger

Main Eventer

Status

doesnt polution also play a part?

older cars are way more polutant than new cars

regardless i love my corolla!!!!

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

doesnt polution also play a part?

older cars are way more polutant than new cars

regardless i love my corolla!!!!
    It depends on where you live I guess. Pollution plays no part in anything here really. For yearly inspections they just make sure it has a catalytic converter on it but we don't even have emissions testing here. Someone could take the converter off, punch it out, and as long as the shell is still on the car it passes inspection.....and a lot of people do that if the converter gets clogged because it is too expensive to replace.

I know older cars are cheaper on insurance here merely because they aren't worth as much. Less for the insurance company to risk. If someone gets in a wreck it is usually just cheaper for them to give them the market value of an old car (Like $2k) and be done with it when with a newer car worth more it could cost them over $5k in repairs.
    Last edited by Dakstang; 04-03-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Buddy if you try to take my rights you're in for one hell of a fight
    When it comes to my Constitution I'm a true believer
    Come to my house I'll tell you right now, I'll give you my gun
    When you pry it from my cold dead hand, start with my middle finger

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Scammers.

I got a call from my Grandma this morning asking me if I was okay, and if I had a broken nose. I tell her that I’m fine, no broken nose. She tells me that she got a call from someone calling her grandma and saying that they got in a bad car accident and got a broken nose and they’re in trouble or something, she suspects something is up so asks them their name and they hang up on her. Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time someone has tried to scam her posing as her grandson and trying to get some money, it happened before about maybe 8 years ago.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Scammers.

I got a call from my Grandma this morning asking me if I was okay, and if I had a broken nose. I tell her that I’m fine, no broken nose. She tells me that she got a call from someone calling her grandma and saying that they got in a bad car accident and got a broken nose and they’re in trouble or something, she suspects something is up so asks them their name and they hang up on her. Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time someone has tried to scam her posing as her grandson and trying to get some money, it happened before about maybe 8 years ago.
    Disgusting how many of those scams are targeted at the elderly. Those people are the scumest of the scum.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    As an owner of a couple of classic cars over the years, I can agree that enthusiasts generally take more care of their wheels. After all, they've put time and money into them, and their feelings towards them will reflect as such. However, I cannot recall a time that I broadly generalized an entire group of people that didn't fall into that category, as you've done here. Personally, I think that's not only ridiculous, but also a very short sighted view of a large group of people.
    I don’t know why you’re getting so bent out of shape over that. Most people don’t care about their car beyond it just being a box to get them to work/the shops. Hence why generally terribly dull, featureless but cheap and reliable cars are the biggest sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    People who modify cars are more likely to drive faster too though probably.
    I feel like there’s the expectation that, that is the case. And no doubt there are a large enough number of hoons who make all enthusiasts look bad by association. Personally I reckon soccer Mums in their big SUVs are the most likely to drive faster. Ever paid attention to them driving off after dropping the kids off at school? You’d think they’re professional race car drivers or something the way most of them fly off. And at least round where I live mining be be vehicles are the big hoons as well. They’re company be vehicles so get treated like shut and everyone drives them flat out constantly.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information