Thread: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

Status
      Country                    United States

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

'Breaking Bad' Movie Is a Sequel Starring Aaron Paul and Will Air on AMC and Netflix

Netflix will have it first in a move that flips the script on how the original series was released on AMC and then sold to the streaming giant.
    Additional details about the Breaking Bad movie are coming to light.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the feature-length movie will be a sequel revolving around Aaron Paul, who will reprise his Emmy-winning role as Jesse Pinkman. Sources also confirm that Netflix will have first-run rights to the top-secret project, which will then air on AMC. (Representatives for AMC, Netflix and producers Sony Pictures TV all declined to comment.)

As THR previously reported, the Breaking Bad movie will be written by original series creator Vince Gilligan, who will exec produce the project alongside franchise collaborators Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. Gilligan, sources say, will direct the film, which will follow the escape of a kidnapped man (Paul's Jesse) and his quest for freedom.

Speaking on The Dan Patrick Show, Bryan Cranston (who starred as Walter White) confirmed the Breaking Bad movie is indeed in the works. He noted he was unclear if Walter White would appear in the sequel but said he would "absolutely" appear in the movie if Gilligan were to ask him.

"It's a great story and there are a lot of people who felt that they wanted to see some kind of completion to some of these storylines that were left open [in the series finale]," Cranston said. "This idea, from what I'm told, gets into those — at least a couple of the character show were not completed, as far as their journey."

"I don't know if there's an appearance — flashbacks, flash forwards — but I'm excited about it because it's Breaking Bad and it was the greatest professional period of my life and I can't wait to see all those people again, even if I just come by to visit," Cranston added.

For his part, Paul earned three supporting actor Emmy wins for his role on Breaking Bad. His TV credits include a series- regular role on the upcoming third season of HBO's Westworld and Apple's Are You Sleeping. He continues to voice a role on and exec produce Netflix's animated hit BoJack Horseman and wrapped three seasons of Hulu's The Path. He's repped by UTA.
    Taking time off like this, and going back to it scares me a bit, but I loved the show so I'd obviously watch it. But it will be hard to live up to the show.

Status

Re: Breaking Bad Project (TBA)

‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Has Already Finished Filming, Bob Odenkirk Says.
    Pretty interesting. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Status

Re: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

Release Date 10/11/2019 on Netflix.

Status

Here's a poster.

Here's the Emmy's spot. Man, I'm excited for this.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

This was really fucking awesome.

I love how it can stand by itself but it fits perfectly into Breaking Bad too. I don't think I have a really bad thing to say about it. Thoroughly satisfied with this. I just wanted 2 hours of something that resembled Breaking Bad and I got it.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Probably booking

Status
      Country                    Ireland

It was much better than I anticipated it would be. Admittedly, I wasn’t expecting much and was a bit hesitant of even giving this a watch given Breaking Bad is probably my favourite show ever, but it delivered in spades. Would recommend checking it out.

BEING THE BOOKER
    ~Now with 100% less Brent Albright!

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I did and didn't want to watch this movie. I wanted to watch it because I consider Breaking Bad to be the best TV Show ever. Thats also why I didn't want to watch it though. BB ended perfectly, its one of the few Big TV Drama's ever that never dropped off in quality and had a perfect satisfying ending that most shows aren't able to do.

Just finished watching it and I loved it. It works really well all by itself, but its also within the Breaking Bad Universe, and doesn't tarnish or diminish the ending of the TV Show. It was cool getting to go back into that World again, and it made me want to rewatch the Series, again. I cant say enough how great this was. I was apprehensive going in, but 5-10 minutes in it already had me hooked and loving every twist and turn. Its a nice ending for the Jessie Pinkman character after all the shit he went through.

I think Vince and co. are keen to keep revisiting the BB World, between this and Better Call Saul. If they do keep going to the well, then this Movie has erased my fears about tarnishing the series.
    Last edited by ETE; 10-12-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Hail To The King

Status

What a great movie. Great storytelling great casting I mean holy shit this movie was everything you could of wanted. Aaron Paul deserves all the god damn awards for this movie. He is such a underrated actor he gave this movie so much raw emotion.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Yeah really cool movie, just watched it. Flew by, was a perfect ending.

Just Monika... or Yuri

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I enjoyed El Camino but was it necessary? We know at the end of BB that Jesse ultimately escapes the Nazis, Walt and the meth biz and that, prior to that, he was tortured and forced to cook and kept in a hole in the ground. The movie didn't really add anything to the narrative or tie up any loose ends.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Dog View Post
    I enjoyed El Camino but was it necessary? We know at the end of BB that Jesse ultimately escapes the Nazis, Walt and the meth biz and that, prior to that, he was tortured and forced to cook and kept in a hole in the ground. The movie didn't really add anything to the narrative or tie up any loose ends.
    I'm with you, it was a fairly enjoyable trip down memory lane but I'm not sure it really added anything of interest to the story for this to not to look like cashing in for an easy pay day. Did we really need to know that Jesse kills two people the day after he escapes to earn enough money to escape to Alaska. I guess for the 1% of people that thought they left it open that Walt might of survived his wounds at the end of the series, they have their confirmation that he didn't.

My biggest problem with it was how much of the film was flashbacks, cameos for the sake of cameos (oh hi jane) and quite a lot of the cast looked older than they were in the original series, Todd in particular was much heavier and older than he was in the series and that made it hard believe in the story being presented. That 5 minutes we got with Jesse and Walt in the diner was a reminder that their chemistry was the best thing in the series, and to have so much Jesse + Todd flashback scenes and one Jesse + Walt flashback scene was a disappointment.

but as always from the BrBa team, it was acted and shot superbly.

Thread Information