Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - February 11, 2019

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - February 11, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I told y’all this was happening.
    We all thought and feared this would happen, but pretty funny how they set this up. Becky apologizes and Vince whips out his Dick and says you're suspended again then says I adopted Charlotte as my Daughter. I wonder how they get Becky back in, who's gonna speak for her because her mouth alone won't be enough now. Linda???

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

This went from the best story going into wrestlemania to one of the worst. That was a weak ass way to get Charlotte into the mania match. Fucking stupid.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

haha @ Vince barely able to get out his lines. Kind of sad to see him on screen these days.

Status

WWE have definitely fumbled this story. Becky is losing favor, Ronda is being exposed, the whole plot has been very senseless. The closing segment sucked, but if there is one positive that came from it, it's that Charlotte may have just been thrust into the most hated heel in the company.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I told y’all this was happening.
    Hey no one said that she wasn't being added, it was very clear that she would be. It was more that people didn't want her to be added.

But at least we might get some other than Becky's cosplay of Stone Cold and Ronda being Ronda now.

---
    Watched The Revival vs Chad Gable & Bobby Roode and was blown away. Gable justifying all the hype with his exceptional performance in the match. His suplexes are top notch. And the Revival were allowed to do what they do best, do simple tag wrestling and do it well . Roode didn't do much but that was by design and he actually had his brief moments when he got in.
    Last edited by MC 16; 02-12-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Hopefully The Man goads Charlotte into a match by beating up Daddy in Atlanta in 2 week’s time.

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status

I actually do have a problem with the closing segment (aside from the fact it seemed rushed on time which should never happen on a 3 hour show). Why have Becky sacrifice her anti-authority character and apologise to her bosses just to screw her over anyway; wouldn't it of made more sense for her to stand her ground, refuse to apologise and then Trips and Steph say 'we thought you'd refuse, you leave us no choice, you're suspended until after mania, here's your replacement'. The segment makes more sense and Becky doesn't look weak; I think if you're a casual fan then Becky didn't come off too well last night. WWE have a real problem with booking babyfaces and fan favourites in the long term, I thought it would be too good to be true to keep up the good job they've been doing with Becky. It's good they added Charlotte though because that'll deflect a lot of heat away from Ronda.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

People keep working themselves up over this storyline and it's hilarious.

The triple threat has been the way to go since Survivor Series because Charlotte's part in the story isn't finished. It would be like having Shawn Michaels just forget about the World title for Wrestlemania 20 even though he had HHH beat at the Rumble. Or Mysterio losing at No Way Out 2006 and being put in a match with JBL instead or something.

I could live without the McMahon stuff, and while I love Becky, if this show was an EWR card Sophie would be yelling at you for over exposing her.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

I actually do have a problem with the closing segment (aside from the fact it seemed rushed on time which should never happen on a 3 hour show). Why have Becky sacrifice her anti-authority character and apologise to her bosses just to screw her over anyway; wouldn't it of made more sense for her to stand her ground, refuse to apologise and then Trips and Steph say 'we thought you'd refuse, you leave us no choice, you're suspended until after mania, here's your replacement'. The segment makes more sense and Becky doesn't look weak; I think if you're a casual fan then Becky didn't come off too well last night. WWE have a real problem with booking babyfaces and fan favourites in the long term, I thought it would be too good to be true to keep up the good job they've been doing with Becky. It's good they added Charlotte though because that'll deflect a lot of heat away from Ronda.
    Yeah if the comparison was Steve Austin he would never apologize for shit, and if anything I would have liked to see her warned again and have her say F U again and hit Steph.

My question is didn't we just get a statement by The whole McMahon family that this shit wouldn't be happening anymore? How long did it take them to say ehhhh fuck it lets do this whole authority boring crap again.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Just reading the reports from this show, and is it me or is this show treading water scarily close to WM?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

If that's their "we are worried about ratings" and "WrestleMania build" best.... FUCKING YIKES

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I'm not completely sold that this means that Charlotte is in the match at Wrestlemania. Remember that there's Elimination Chamber and Fastlane before Mania. We could see Becky vs Charlotte at Fastlane for example where if Becky wins Charlotte is out of the match and Becky is back in.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Just reading the reports from this show, and is it me or is this show treading water scarily close to WM?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I honestly have no clue what they're doing for Wrestlemania outside of the top two matches. Usually by now you can predict most of the card.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I honestly have no clue what they're doing for Wrestlemania outside of the top two matches. Usually by now you can predict most of the card.

The only other good feel I have is that Bayley/Sasha are in the tag titles match, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will win on Sunday. WWE are playing their cards close to their chest with this one; either wrestling media is so busy sucking AEW's cock that they've paid no attention to what's happening in WWE and that's why no news is leaking of the predicted card, or WWE are trying to confirm names for the event (Batista, Taker, Trips injury) so the rest of the card is in limbo for now.

I don't get the Ambrose stuff at all. Seth and Dean are now being friendly with each other again because they both dislike Brock Lesnar suddenly - forget about that vicious attack the night Roman left to battle for his life. While they might be doing wonders with their main event, I am already tired of Seth/Brock before it's even started.

Established Veteran

Status

Thinking about the way Becky gets back in....either Ronda flips and attacks Steph and beats Charlotte within an inch or Ronda gets all cocky and says she can beat both and goads Vince into reinstating her. Either than or she does a Goldberg and buys a ticket to EC or Fastlane to cost one of them a match.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

I think right now it feels like they've blown their load to fast on Becky/Charlotte/Ronda and Rollins/Lesnar while coincidentally also not having laid any foundation for the other Mania matches.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

That closing segment was awful. Becky apologizing was an all time blunder and completely pointless considering she got suspended anyway. I also didn't like the show long storyline of her apologizing, she was so overexposed on this show, Shock's totally right about Sophie. Hope she has Trips' email. I hate this getting turned into a Triple Threat because Charlotte is so clearly the third wheel & not on the other 2's level in the eyes of most fans, BUT her being the McMahon favorite is the best possible storylines.

Alexa was the only good babyface on this show, it was so stupid to have her totally tell the truth to Becky.

Seth's promo was surprisingly good, probably the best of her career. With Charlotte dragging down the women's match Seth/Brock looks like the WM main event at this point.

A gutter ball is the best way to describe KO.

God bless Gable & The Revival for trying to save this trash show. That was a great TV match, even the crowd came around by the end. I hope Gable threatens to go to AEW soon.
    #XI

The Graceful Assassin~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Complete and utter bullshit.</p>&mdash; The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1095175981264969728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think Becky is handling the news well.

I’ve said before I wouldn’t mind if they did a triple threat but I’d prefer it to be Becky/Ronda one on one, and I still stand by that. I’m sure it’ll be good regardless, and how they get there might be interesting. The one thing that bothered me about it is that they kept overlooking Ronda’s match with Ruby this Sunday, little to no build to it whatsoever.

Best part of the show was Revival finally winning the tag titles. I joked to myself when watching, “I wonder how they’re gonna screw The Revival this time?”, but I guess the jokes on me because they didn’t!
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 02-12-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Never thought I'd say this.... but they need to go back and rewatch some of their booking for the Attitude Era.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Is it safe to say that the Revival were given the titles because they requested their release a few weeks ago? As a way to keep them satisfied and not jump ship (AEW)? Not saying that they do not deserve to be champions obviously since they should have been pushed to the top from the first day they joined the main roster.

Will be awesome if Becky defeats Charlotte at Fast Lane to remove her from the WM main event match and go back to just Becky vs Ronda.

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Thread Information