Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ongoing WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion and Announcements *Spoilers*

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Ongoing WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion and Announcements *Spoilers*

Travis Browne was there and it seems he was throwing elbows. He KOed Josh Barnett with elbows...so...yeah.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah Bulldog Jr made sure he got his in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Word is during the blackout Bret worked the best carry job ever with that fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

The Bret Hart attack is one of the craziest things to ever happen in the WWE. Was this the first time that they had used a ring for the ceremony rather than use a normal stage? Had this been a regular stage, this may have never happened. It'll be interesting to see what the WWE does to change things up for next year's ceremony.

Good luck getting people to boo The Revival tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    I love the legacy wing. Gets a lot of people in that we may never see get in. It was a solid class and as for Luna she’s in and for her limited total amount of time in the fed and kayfabe success I think getting in on the legacy wing is pretty damn good.
    The legacy wing makes me sad. It's filled with so many legitimate legends, but then the WWE always throws it together at the last minute. The result is it gets so little attention to the point that a lot of fans still aren't aware that it exists. Meanwhile, people like Torrie Wilson gets a proper spotlight and attention for weeks before her induction.

I don't know what the right answer would be (I guess easiest thing to do is to just advertise it way sooner?), but the legacy wing is the most glaring example of how the WWE HOF is more of an entertainment show rather than a proper HOF.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Well it’s definitely an entertainment entity and while people shit on Torrie Wilson’s induction you’d have to be pretty heartless to not enjoy her heartfelt and genuine speech. The legacy inductees have mostly all passed so clearly we wouldn’t get any speeches from them. I’m happy that they are included to show them the respect they earned in this business. Would I have liked some of them inducted before they passed? Of course but as a fan since the early 80s I’m happy they get in at all. I enjoyed the ceremony and Torrie and Stevie Ray’s speeches were fantastic.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I love that Travis Browne was one of the first people to hit the ring after that scumbag jumped Bret. I mean some loser attacks a 60+ year old man, and has to deal with a 6'7 HW Cage Fighter coming in throwing hands immediately.

The news now is that the attacker is an amateur MMA fighter. You can actually find a couple of his fights on Youtube.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The news now is that the attacker is an amateur MMA fighter. You can actually find a couple of his fights on Youtube.
    For real the guy wanted his 15 seconds of fame then. I don't think we see this setup for The Hall of Fame going forward, if we don't the Security which dropped the ball there is going to be increased for future HOF Ceremonies.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Not worth the attention.

Brave guy attacking a 60 year old stroke victim. Piece of shit.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Squash Fodder

Status

From his Twitter feed the attacker seems unhinged.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    From his Twitter feed the attacker seems unhinged.
    After Wilder got done with him his jaw was.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Even without seeing his Twitter, you can already question the mental health of someone who'll attack a 61-year-old stroke victim...in public...several feet from a roster of athletes...who your target is a friend or hero of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

From some of the clips I've seen of the show, this was a really fun night. Shame there's only one thing being discussed about it on twitter etc.

The Bryan-Kofi 1 minute camera off was fantastic. As was Big E and Woods' reaction to Torrie saying she was apart of a lot of people's puberty.

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Norfolk Island

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The Bryan-Kofi 1 minute camera off was fantastic. As was Big E and Woods' reaction to Torrie saying she was apart of a lot of people's puberty.
    I can understand Big E and Xavier... she was part of mine too.

Road Dogg pointing outside the ring an yelling "There's the mayor of Knox County" let me giggle hard

All in all was it a good induction ceremony. At the beginning I didn't liked the new setup and even though it became less and less irritating, it still feels not great. On the one hand, you have some great reaction in the background, especially from New Day, but on the other hand if they keep that, you'll have always those annoying fans trying to be funny there...

And it seemed kinda weird that neither Harlem Heat nor DX got inducted by somebody specific. Maybe because of time problems ?

Established Veteran

Status

I was really worried for Bret. You just don’t do that to a legend. He’s a cancer and stroke survivor. He’s had to deal with enough shit so he didn’t need this. What’s the reason for them doing the HOF in the ring? Not a fan of the new setup and they should never do this in the ring again. Just seen clearer footage of the incident and Natalya and Harry Smith’s tweets. Glad Bret and Nattie are alright. It’s awesome that Bret continued his speech. Nice of Drake Maverick to take the mic and tells the audience, let’s continue on.

Security should be much tighter at these shows. Full credit to the wrestlers who immediately jumped in to protect Bret and Nattie. DH Smith, Travis Browne and Dash Wilder got all the best shots on that lowlife fan. He deserved that ass kicking. Think Shane O Mac got some shots in too.

Usually manage to watch the HOF show the following day or whenever I get time. This is the first time I watched the show live. Wanted to go sleep after Bret’s speech but after that incident, decided to watch the whole show.

Enjoyed all the speeches and my fave speech was Bret’s and DX. It was nice that Booker made the HH induction all about his brother. Good to see Booker mention The Usos and The Revival. Cool to see Seth, Becky and Richochet rocking the Bret Hart shades. Some funny parts such as Miz/Maryse getting cheered and Shane and his wife got booed. Plus the Kofi/Bryan part, so ready for Kofi-Mania!!

Loved Bret’s speech. His stories with Anvil, King Kong Bundy. Bret thanking all the top teams he’s worked with. He could go on and on and I wouldn’t get tired listening to him.

X-Pac is one of my fave stars so when he finally got the chance to talk, I ended up enjoying his speech the most out of DX. He was very nervous and excited at the same time, he was laughing at everything.

Funniest line was probably X-PAC’s

X-Pac: “What’s the matter Kev?
    You don’t wanna stand up do ya. The knees killing ya.”
    Nash immediately stands up.
    X-Pac: “I was gonna make a quad joke but I don’t think I will.” Trips thinks it’s not funny.

Why did Billy Gunn thank The Harris Brothers and Bill Demott of all people? The AEW reference was hilarious. Corbin may be hated on screen but he seems like a nice guy in real. That part was funny when HHH sprayed him with the water gun. Overall despite that Bret incident, a fun show. Gets me more hyped and excited for WrestleMania.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    From some of the clips I've seen of the show, this was a really fun night. Shame there's only one thing being discussed about it on twitter etc.

Bryan getting roasted all night was pretty great, and him staying in character throughout it all was great. Though you can tell he was ready to bust out laughing at any minute, but he held it together well.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Norfolk Island

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Bryan getting roasted all night was pretty great, and him staying in character throughout it all was great. Though you can tell he was ready to bust out laughing at any minute, but he held it together well.
    Yep...especially with Booker T's remark

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

The speeches themselves weren't too bad this year. DX's dragged a little when they tried to bring out the classic stuff but hey ho we can't win them all. Thought the crowd got a little bit too silly at times, especially with Cena. I thought Booker was pretty damn good letting Stevie have his moment too. Brutus looked in some real discomfort heading towards the ring and I was disappointed he wasn't Brutus enough with his suit . Oh and why couldn't Honky mention Hogan by name but Brutus was allowed to?
    I have a plan so cunning......

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I think Honky was just trying to be coy because not only did Brutus say his name but so did Torrie so I doubt anyone told Honky not to say his name.

Thread Information