Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Forever The Revival

Status

Re: 2019 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Yeah I forgot Mahomes was only a 2nd year player, but I'm very interested to see how he adjusts when the league adjusts to him next year. I'd put him over Baker. As far as Watson, he seems good but he also didn't do anything that good this year. I think Watson panics when there's pressure on him and he needs to fix that.
    [IMG]https://***************/57909_s.gif [/IMG]

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

Watson looked pretty mediocre for the first handful of games, not quite recovered from injury, but he got clicking after.

I'd wager he'd look much better without Bill O'Brien.
    Everything will surely be alright.

War Eagle

Status

He'd look much better with an O-Line that could keep him standing.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

This Nick Foles saga is giving me a headache. Eagles say they will pick up his option, then Foles said nope I'm buying my freedom playing 2 Million so if the Eagles want to get any value for him they'll need to Franchise Tag him which is hella risky. What if no one bites on it and you have to eat that money now that's maddening to think about when the Team is over 8 Million Dollars over the Cap. It's a lose lose situation right now even if a Franchise Tag happens and they trade him they'll still need to shed 13 Million Dollars to balance everything out. You just let the guy walk at this point we have too many things to work and retool in the Offseason to worry about this.

Like Offensive Line problems. Peters ain't getting any younger and outside of Lane and Kelce I don't trust the three others to hold it down so Draft or FA it needs to get sure up for Wentz.

A Running Back. Draft or FA it was utterly pathetic to see how bad the Running Game got in the Season as the injuries piled up for that position. Keep Ajayji or let the guy walk I would love to see the Eagles bring in Ingram he fits what the Eagles had success with during that SB and that was punishing Defenses. Blount was highly missed for us, the Eagles organization could of kept him for one more year for cheap money what he's getting with the Lions. I can't see the Saints giving Ingram Starter money, whether or not they love him and want him to stay he's 28 and could be a big help to a team like the Eagles.

A vertical threat please Howie Roseman. We got the big WR's and TE's, but Nelson isn't going to blow pass the Defense on a consistent basis. It would be great to gt Brown baggage or not and, but unless the Steelers release him you might have to give alot of gifts to the Steelers like Bell as well.

A Linebacker please would love to see a veteran come in, but it always comes down to money right? I think they'll be able to get back Hicks for cheap considering he's been injury prone so I don't think the Market will be not high on him in FA. Look at the crop though C.J Mosley, KJ Wright, Anthony Barr, Kwon Alexander, Terrell Suggs, Dee Ford all guys hitting the Market if their teams don't sure them up with new Contracts.

Defensive Line. Resign Graham he's 31 and he's legit the last of the guys from the Reid era of players, and he's been loyal, not sure you want to blow the bank on him if he wants to stay. I still think he leaves and tests the market so you might need to fill that role especially if Long retires or leaves the Eagles all together and tests the market himself. Barnett was injured all Season he could always take his place, but the Line needs young lions in there it's getting kinda old fast.

Corner/Safety depth. Hello Mills to me milked his injury, or maybe the Training Staff held him back with the way the Secondary played better down that stretch when they needed every game to get into the Playoffs so safe to say the Secondary is a big need in my opinion. Mills is a Starting Corner, LeBlanc and Maddox both played well down the stretch especially Maddox and with Jones still a questionable decision you might have depth, but questions on whether these guys are good enough to ride with. Safety wise Jenkins will be going into his 11th year and you would think you need fresh legs in there and McLeod you can get cheap with his injury that hurt the Secondary for sure. When Jenkins and McLeod were both on the field I felt so much more confident than what I saw back there with Jenkins week to week. I don't see him getting a big FA like Collins or Thomas they don't have that big boi money to do so and the rest of the crop I'm not in love with either.

I just have a feeling and I might be wrong Howie does some kind of splash in FA and in the Offseason it's this thing you can go back to them signing Jenkins and you know he wants to get back to the SB and he's smart enough to know what the teams needs to get back there if all the other things fall into place next Season.

Cardcaptor

Status

I still think they should have traded him after the SB, when his value was at it's highest.

And honestly, I don't see him having any more success anywhere else. There's a reason he's almost always been a backup. He had that great run in 2017, but that was about it.

Though on the other hand, you also have the issue that you have an annually injured guy as your QB you are building your future around. So that complicates things a lot.

Status

My hot take is that Foles is a pretty good QB who actually had his growth stunted by poor coaching and lots of changes in his formative years.

I'm not saying he's a franchise saver but what I've seen the last two years I think he could be a reasonably good starter for a lot of teams.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Cardcaptor

Status

Reasonably good, sure. But he looked so-so in the post this year, and pretty bad in the regular season. I think he's a lot more like a Flacco type who just shines more in the post, but is mediocre at best in the regular season.

I can see him getting traded, getting a huge pay day....And then doing just about average, and not really making any waves.

I think "Pretty good" is really the right way to put it, like you said Silk. But the folks going on about him being better than Brady, elite, a top 5 QB, etc...Just silly.

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

#HEEL

Status

...just when the Browns were getting respectable again...

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Yup. They'll certainly be way less legitimate with a top 5 running back on their team.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Honestly, with Chubb spelling Hunt, that run game could be lethal.

#HEEL

Status

Lethal, absolutely, but I'm of the belief that he should never play another snap in the NFL.

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Lethal, absolutely, but I'm of the belief that he should never play another snap in the NFL.
    Have you seen the video?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Apparently The Browns research is smarter than The Chiefs who let go of Hunt right off the bat and that team made to the AFC Championship. The Redskins did the same thing signing a guy who's issues and problems with the Justice System and NFL weren't finalized yet, and yet they want to give him a second chance?

You don't sign the guy now, you see what the NFL and the Justice System does with him first and see where the chips fall. He might not play in the NFL this Season if ever we don't know yet. Their were plenty of teams I bet who were interested in his services, but they were smart to stay away till his problems are resolved.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 02-11-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Status

Worth the risk for Cleveland. If Hunt plays the majority of the season they're the favorites in the North, in my opinion.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Absolutely worth the risk.

And I've seen the video. I think he'll play.

Status

It's a very smart move by the Browns to give Hunt a second chance, after the Chiefs dropped the ball on him. The Browns running back depth chart with him, Chubb and Johnson looks great.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

Cardcaptor

Status

So, Kyler Murray has officially turned down the MLB in favor of the NFL.

Thoughts? Will he be good in the NFL? Will he fit well in a team, and be a big success? Or is this a poor choice, and was he better off going to the MLB?

Also, nice to see The Browns finally have a good kicker.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vayne View Post
    So, Kyler Murray has officially turned down the MLB in favor of the NFL.

Thoughts? Will he be good in the NFL? Will he fit well in a team, and be a big success? Or is this a poor choice, and was he better off going to the MLB?

Also, nice to see The Browns finally have a good kicker.
    I think cost-risk analysis for Murray favors the NFL. People always say you make more money in baseball, but what they never say is how many first round picks never even make it to the show. I saw his college ball numbers.

He has a much higher ceiling and higher floor as an NFL QB. He's in the Pros on live TV right away, not spending 5 years in the minors.

With the amount of QB needy teams this season and the lack of QB prospects, Murray certainly has potential to be a first round pick. With that comes first round pick money, and maybe even a chance to start right away.

He's small yes, but in this league size isn't as important anymore. And Wilson is small too. He's certainly high risk high reward though. Drew Brees isn't known for his height either.

Haskins, Lock, Grier, and Murray are the only QBs I think have a shot to be good. And honestly the other three are just as much of a dart throw as Murray is.

Cardcaptor

Status

Personally, of the bunch I think Lock is the best.

But it's always a bit difficult to judge how a QB will do in the transition. Some of the best of all time in the NFL were mediocre in college, yet some of the greatest ever out of college sucked in the NFL. So it's always fun to see how they adapt.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information