Thread: Aleister Black

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Aleister Black

Surprised some of the big WWE fans on the forum haven't thrown his name into the hat yet.

As Tommy End I found him fairly inconsistent but now and again you'd get something great from him (mainly tags) and I'm interested to see if anything jumps out from me from his wXw run before he leaves for WWE. Where his case is made for me is NXT where he's a legit star and having great matches. I thought his style would be too strike heavy and unique and lacking in storytelling to work for WWE, but he's done really fucking well. The Almas and Velveteen Dream matches are tremendous, I was the high man on the Hideo Itami match, I've really enjoyed the two title matches he's had with Ciampa (sold the leg better than Kenny ever has last week) but then when he's paired up with people I'm not high on as workers like Lars Sullivan or Adam Cole that could really fall into disaster territory if the chemistry isn't there, end up being pretty good. Even his squash matches were a blast. Before he moved to WWE my criticism of him would of been he's one note as a performer, but all his big matches feel different to one another and that's 2 years of working nothing but singles matches that easily could of felt samey by now. My hope is he's called up to the main roster by April so he starts to get some depth to his work, but even if he doesn't he's still in contention to make my list.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Aleister Black

Absolutely in my top twenty. I love Tommy End more than most.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Always thought he was really mediocre and his WWE hasn't done much to change my mind. Thought his leg selling in the Ciampa match was typical "get my leg smashed for 10 minutes then run and jump and kick a bunch" junior-ish bollocks. He hits hard (but not 'wow' hard) but doesn't do much else to be compelling, compare to someone like a Low Ki or peak KENTA or whoever. His best match was against Andrade, and I liked the Dream match, but I feel they were him being carried in both cases. He could make a Top 100 if I had a gun to my head but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by King Steventon; 02-05-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

He would be the definition of a mediocre in-ring performer in my book in basically his entire career, but he has at least learned to carry himself like a star in NXT. Still, even if you love all his stuff, he averages like what, 5 good matches a year at most?
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Now that Black has finally been brought back to in-ring competition, things are looking really good for him from my perspective. He's been solid for all five years of this period so far, and been a real highlight in the world of wrestling for a couple of years now. Prior to joining WWE he has matches that I love against Zack Sabre in PWG, with Chris Hero against the Lucha Bros in PWG, with Scurll and Sabre versus Strong and The Bucks in PWG, and an incredible match with Strong in Progress. Nothing I have seen, whether it be in Progress, Evolve, PWG or some other rinky dink promotion has been remotely bad and more often than not has been quite enjoyable. Once in NXT I feel he has done no wrong. The Itami match? Banger. The Dream feud? Magic. The extreme rules match with Cole? Shockingly good. Everything he's done with Ciampa, Gargano and Almas? *chef's kiss*. Teaming with Ricochet just added another notch in his belt because they were one of the best things about WWE TV leading into WrestleMania and were wrestling seemingly every night on every program for weeks. Now, after some layoff, he's returned with two awesome matches against Cesaro and as long as they keep matching him up with competent opponents, I'm sure he'll continue knocking it out of the park. Hard for me to imagine him not being top 20 for me, if not higher even.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career
    Spoiler:

Thread Information