Thread: Joey Janela

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Joey Janela

Fuck it, I got high and IM A BAD BOY.

For real, I’m going to have Joey Janela on my list. He’s really resisted my interest in professional wrestling in a way not a lot of people have lately. I can go on and on about how he’s a marketing genius and has a great mind for the business. Yeah yeah yeah yada yada yada. But I genuinely think he is one of the most underrated wrestlers going right now, and has been for a while. I think he’s very unique and entertaining, all I ask for in a performer. Even some of my favorite wrestlers going don’t feel as well rounded as he is or have more flaws. He’s fun and innovative matches with Sasuke, Guevara, Havoc, Bandido, Hangman, and even his deathmatches are watchable. The Starr one is one of the best ones ever.

Okay, I could be going crazy. I know he’s not a technical wizard. He’s definitely not for everyone. But I really do believe he’s one of a kind.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Joey Janela

I certainly enjoyed his 2018 and thought he was one of THE guys on the indie scene. He could mix it up and give you hardcore matches, brawls, freakshow matches against veterans or Reseda spotfest. I have to agree with him being an excellent marketer and promoter, but at the same time that's nothing to do with this project.

I think the first time I saw Janela was against Jimmy Havoc in 2017 so there's this giant blind spot in my viewing of him and considering my viewing habits of watching anything that gets highly rated, he couldn't of been must see in those early years. He's also probably out of action for the majority of 2019. If I'm a betting man I'd say he's not likely to make my list as much as I like the dude.

Hail To The King

Status

Yea Im down with Nicky here ever since I watched this doc bout him to learn about the guy I been awe inspired bout him hes good this chrisma about him plus he can go in the ring I went back saw alot of his matches my fav are def the ones with Lio Rush like holy shit. His match vs. Moxley was decent but the prono he give about Mox was great.

The guy took a nasty bump that reminded me of Foley dropping from the cell vs. Taker in that CZW match where he almost lost his finger.

The guys got balls of steel.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Garbage outlaw mud-show play wrestler.

"LET ME IN.."

Relentless Admin

Status

It's amazing how he's recovered from that horrific injury last year. I did not expecting him to be wrestling as much as he has done so far this year.

I can't see him making my list as I'm not bowled over by the GCW nostalgia acts work, I think he's much better in places like Beyond or when he showed up in Evolve for a hiccup. I recognise his importance as a top guy in independent wrestling, but in-ring I don't see him as a top 50 guy, there's just not enough matches of his I've enjoyed.

Relentless Admin

Status

Was in two minds on which thread to put this into, but I've been much harsher on Janela so he can have the kudos today. Janela/Starr from Americanrana 2019 was fantastic, a MOTYC, the best US indies match this year, one of the best ironman matches of all time and no doubt in my mind the best Joey Janela match ever. Those two made a 60 minute match feel like it was half the length it actually was. I'll write more about it tomorrow, but god damn, whether it's Starr or Janela you're thinking about including on your ballot, make sure you watch that match.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

You remember Hart vs Michaels at WM 12? The match where they stink up Wrestlemania with mind-numbingly boring, rigid mat work for 50 minutes then go to the finish? This was the complete opposite of that. In fact, the only down time in the match was arguably the last 10 minutes and they made up for it with Starr attacking the ref. They kept the crowd invested for 60 minutes after an already 5 hour show before the match even started. Loved Janela in this match. Everything he did felt off the cuff and out of nowhere. That set-up for the destroyer into the table was insane. It happened so seamlessly too. Great performance by him.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Best Ironman match I’ve ever witnessed. A fucking thrill ride.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Enjoyed the Ironman a lot. First time seeing David Starr, I can get into this guy. Reminds me of Gulak a bit. Not sure from this exactly what his character is except he's got good presence and charisma and does some great heel selling, which is comical at just the right times. Enjoyed the Corino-esque obnoxiously long intro with the nonsense nicknames. Janela, I'm still not getting the appeal but at least here it was the best I've seen him look.

Can't praise the match as much as others here though. No-selling Canadian Destroyers will never feel like an earned spot to me and fucking everyone's doing it now. He put his hands down his tights to presumably grab a handful of dick sweat, in a random spot with no payoff or acknowledgment. That ref was in fact being a douchebag to both guys, so couldn't rally behind him in that big spot near the end. Seriously, after all they've been through, why the fuck can't use Starr use that piece of table when it's No Holds Barred? Plus that spot where one guy was on top of the other for a visual fall for long enough even commentary had to point it out, screaming. I did like the sense of urgency it often had, with them grabbing literally any prop nearby to break up submission attempts.

But do have to agree it's quite an easy watch for 60mins, so I'm glad the risk of watching a match this long with one guy I don't care about and one guy I don't know paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Thread Information