Thread: Fred Yehi

WAKE UP

Status

Fred Yehi

I'll be honest, it took me a while to warm to Yehi. I heard a lot of hype about him, but for watching his stuff when he first came to EVOLVE, he felt like a guy who did a lot of cool, unusual things individually, but struggled to put them together into an exciting match.

Watching through a lot of EVOLVE shows and you can see him progress as a worker and put it all together and now he is one of the few remaining gems on the US indy scene. Tonnes of skill and technique, wrestles a really interesting quasi-shoot style, hits hard and is pretty intense.

I need to watch the rest of his matches with Gresham as they have great chemistry together. Also enjoyed his matches with the other EVOLVE/new wave grappling guys such as Gulak, Riddle, etc.

He feels like a #50-#40 pick to me, rarely great but 9 times out of 10 really fun to watch. Need to see more of his work against guys who work different styles.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Fred Yehi

This guy better show up somewhere in the promotion wars. I can't believe after being a standout in Evolve in 2017 and leaving them to bet on himself, he ends up doing nothing of note. He went to wXw and didn't work out for him. meanwhile I think he was great at putting over Walter in his first match in America a few years ago.

Hell of a talent, I just need him to have more output.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    This guy better show up somewhere in the promotion wars. I can't believe after being a standout in Evolve in 2017 and leaving them to bet on himself, he ends up doing nothing of note. He went to wXw and didn't work out for him. meanwhile I think he was great at putting over Walter in his first match in America a few years ago.

Hell of a talent, I just need him to have more output.
    You're so right about all this. Why hasn't he done more? Great, great wrestler. He's like the new TJP/Gresham for me since TJP went to WWE & Gresham is actually getting a spotlight in ROH. Yehi deserves a lot more run somewhere in 2019.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

This is actually my first post in any of these threads and the only reason I'm doing it is because I love the guy. That being said, I'm not sure he'll make the tail end of my nominations but he'll also be the first that I go back to for reference purposes. I'll do my best to get some of his better stuff up here in short order. His match with Hero from EVOLVE on 'Mania weekend 2016 is well worth seeking out in the meantime.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I love Fred Yehi but it felt like he fell off the face of the earth. He had that one okay PWG appearance and then I never saw him really anywhere that noteworthy. I guess MLW? I even saw him a few months ago and thought he was too big of a deal for being the third match on a mostly local card.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Eddie Kingston vs Fred Yehi, AAW Take No Prisoners 2018

Holy fuck, this was great. Did people here watch this one? Easily the best Yehi match I have seen and my favourite Kingston match in forever. It was the second match on the card, but they went to war. Yehi was against one of the few remaining superstars on the indies, and he brought it to King and fought like it was the biggest match of his career. Usually he can be a very methodical worker, but everything here was fast and hit with urgency and it escalated into truly epic status by the end. Lots of highlights from Yehi bringing it, off head him trying to rip Kingston's ear off and a big double stomp on the rail RVD-style. I came in feeling Yehi as a really solid undercard guy, but this was a strong MOTYC.

Relentless Admin

Status

Weird. I watched 3 Eddie Kingston AAW matches today because I'm trying to make my way through AAW matches that look good on paper (Progress VOD has loads of AAW matches) and I had this on the docket for tonight's viewing. I shall return with my thoughts later.

Wasn't this the match where they said they were trying to do a kings road style match? was that commentary or the wrestlers themselves

WAKE UP

Status

yeah its that match. didnt catch them say that before the match if they did but Kingston gets on the mic after and says Kings Road is his favourite type of wrestling and AJPW is the best, which is a bit geeky, but meh Kingston has more than enough cool points in the bank to get away with it and not be a dork.

Relentless Admin

Status

I liked Kingston/Yehi a lot (not to MOTYC level), good brawl vs technique match that just evolved into Yehi going all out and matching Kingston in the war. This probably was Yehi's biggest match of the year and he wrestled like he had a big point to make, like beating Eddie would get people talking and lead to better things. For Eddie, without the WRSTLING bullies involved in his match, he was allowed to be himself again and was trying to prove he was still the man, so I think they both had points to prove in this one. The double stomp into the crowd was nutty af.

I did not care for the female commentator.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I saw this match when it was released online. It was pretty great. A low end MOTYC. You could definitely see the influence of this match. The hard strikes is a big indicator but I wouldn't say it's totally in that mold as it has some wild brawling to the outside that reminds me of 80's All Japan more than anything. Anyway that ruled.

WAKE UP

Status

both the matches in the media section Ed posted recently against WALTER and Makabe are pretty good. I had started to forget about Yehi and thought he had dropped off the face of the Earth, but good to see he is still as weird and creative as he was during his main run. As far as short, black, Mr Hughes trained, technically gifted workers go it'll be interesting to see who gets more support out of him and Jon Gresham.

WAKE UP

Status

Has Yehi dropped off the face of the Earth or is he still in MLW?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Has Yehi dropped off the face of the Earth or is he still in MLW?
    His last bookings was IWA-MS from the looks of it and they don't really get coverage anymore. The only booking worth of note recently was in August in ACTION Wrestling against Erick Stevens.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

It sounds like he struggles to get booked and I have no idea why. When I was watching he was consistently the best worker I got to watch.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

He's definitely not in MLW, been watching 2 months and his name has never been mentioned

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

Thread Information