Thread: Hechicero

WAKE UP

Status

Hechicero

Just watched him have a shockingly good match with Xtreme Tiger of all people, and I think if I was doing a list today he'd be my top rated Mexican wrestler (it's him or Almas).

Great powerhouse of a Cesaro/Steiner ilk, but with all the technical ability and charisma you'd expect from a top level luchador.

I haven't seen what he' been doing in CMLL recently (is he still there??) but I've enjoyed a lot of his indy work. Off head, really good matches with Rush, Virus, Valiente, Casas and Cerebro. Go watch the Casas match in the VIP section, that is maybe my favourite of recent years.

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Hechicero

I think he's fantastic and someone that people who don't like lucha libre wrestling might end up liking more than a flyer because of his technique and basing for the smaller dudes. I dip in and out of lucha far too much to ever get a handle on who my favourite is (probably Cavenario) or who truly is the best from that scene, but he's always someone that stands out. Pretty sure I saw him have a great trios match that had him teaming up with Xtreme Tiger and Bandido earlier this year. A deep dive into him and he could make my list for sure for being a stand out guy in his field.

Really annoys me that I never got to see him vs Sabre Jr from PWG late last year.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I've only really seen his stuff this year so I really gotta look at the rest of his stuff when I get a chance. Love the guy.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

He's got a #1 case, and it's all the more impressive considering the lack of chances he gets in his own promotion (which is still more chances than 95% of the roster of said promotion gets!) But he's got a TON of under the radar great stuff at like Coacalco or stuff that goes below 10 minutes where he looks like one of the best in the world. The guy had a great match with Rey Bucanero that is seemingly impossible for someone who is completely shot to hell. Great ability to mix and match styles against anyone and an amazing all around talent I resent CMLL's booking approach most in opposition of his usage.

Hechicero is awesome. Point blank.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

MADMIN KING

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    He's got a #1 case
    Sounds like a bold claim. You had him at #91 in the world for 2018 which wasn't a too dissimilar position to where I had him. Unless he was punching top ten in the world every other year he doesn't sound like someone who's challenging for top spot here. I know on talent alone you'd have him higher than that, but still that sounds lofty talk.

For me, #1 contenders either need to have a year where they were legitimately a WOTY candidate (say Walter), or they're consistently hitting that top ten every year (say Ishii) so they're really strong in multiple years.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Who has the best year isn't the same as who is the best overall wrestler over an extended period of time. He's not going to have MOTYCs the way some others will, it's impossible. But to me his performances against total duds in-ring & carrying them like it's nothing says so much more.

Plus in 2015 I think you can make the case he was a WOTYC so even then I think he makes the grade. I'm not saying I would vote for him #1 either, but if he has a great 2019 & is in my top 5 or 10, I think I definitely could & I wouldn't blame anyone who did.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Thread Information