Thread: YAMATO

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

YAMATO

Time to introduce some Dragon Gate wrestlers to the mix. Now the DG style itself is hit and miss depending on who you talk too and it has a style that’s very unique and YAMATO is one that I think is one of the best at doing. YAMATO is an excellent wrestler. His submissions are always very good, he knows how to pick apart a limb and make the holds look painful. His timing and techniques for his moves are pretty great, rarely botches and they always look smooth when he pulls off his big moves like the Gallaria. His matches always seem to have a crescendo effect to them. They start of slow but increase in intensity and fire as the match progresses. His personality and charisma are always showcased in his matches, mostly when he is a heel but he pulls it off as a face too. Excellent as a tag wrestler, even better in singles matches.

Give him a chance and look at some of his matches (This are the only ones where I could find links to singular matches opposed to the full shows, which will be available in the premium section shortly)

W/ Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi Vs CIMA, Matt Sydal & Ricochet - July 2nd

w/ Naruki Doi vs Matt Sydal & Ricochet - July 20th*

Vs Shingo Takagi - July 24th*

Vs Akira Tozawa - September 22th*

W/ BxB Hulk & Shingo Takagi vs Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi - November 11th*

Vs Naruki Doi - December 25th

Vs BxB Hulk - February 2nd

Vs Cyber Kong - March 5th

Vs BxB Hulk and Cyber Kong and Naruki Doi and Shingo Takagi - May 5th*

Vs T-Hawk - July 23rd

Vs Masaaki Mochizuki - September 18th*

W/ Flamita & Yosuke Santa Maria vs. Jason Lee , Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi - March 3rd

Vs. Masato Yoshino - June 9th

W/ BxB Hulk vs. Ben-K & Big R Shimizu - July 22nd*

W/ BxB Hulk vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Shun Skywalker - September 24th

W/Flamita & BxB Hulk vs Ben-K, Big R Shimizu & PAC vs vs. Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Jason Lee, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi - November 6th*

W/ Kagetora vs Bandido & Flamita vs. Ben-K & Big R Shimizu vs Yoshino & Naruki Doi - 23rd*

* is most recommended.

Out of the box pick but he is definitely on my list.

Relentless Admin

Status

Re: YAMATO

I really liked the angle they did with YAMATO where veserk all turned on him in that dead or alive cage match, but found his babyface title run didn't connect with me at all.

I reckon the only Dragon Gate guy I'd consider voting for is Shingo, and actually because of what he did in DG not tagging with Bushi in New Japan.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Re: YAMATO

Open The Twin Gate Title Match: VerserK (Naruki Doi & YAMATO) (c) vs. Monster Express (Masato Yoshino & T-Hawk) - Dragon Gate The Gate Of Destiny 2015 01/11/2015

YAMADoi brings a much needed depth to YAMATO's case. I already think he is a great singles wrestler but this shows he is a great tag wrestler as well. He had great chemistry with Naruki Doi. There was so much fluidity in their tag work where everything came off seamless. They bounce off each other well. YAMATO is a superb character work wrestler as well, and he has a ton of that in the match with his mannerisms and hair parting. YAMATO gets the best out of an iffy T-Hawk by selling for him very well and is able to flip a switch and be the aggressor when Yoshino is involved well.

I think YAMATO finishes high on my list with a great abundance of matches that aren't even stated in the OP as well as high quality ones.

Thread Information