Thread: WWE To Hold Inter-Brand 'Worlds Collide Tournament' During Royal Rumble Axxess

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

WWE To Hold Inter-Brand 'Worlds Collide Tournament' During Royal Rumble Axxess

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    The Superstars of NXT, NXT UK and 205 Live are set to battle in the first-ever WWE Worlds Collide Tournament, one of the most unique tournaments in sports-entertainment history, and it all goes down at Royal Rumble Axxess in Phoenix.

Brand-versus-brand dream matches will become a reality as 15 Superstars in total — five from NXT, five from NXT UK and five from 205 Live — will compete over the course of two days, with the tournament winner receiving a future NXT, NXT UK or 205 Live Championship Match of their choosing. That means anyone can become a champion on any brand!

The WWE Worlds Collide Tournament, which will be taped for a WWE Network special, kicks off with a 15-Superstar Battle Royal on Saturday, Jan. 26, at the 8 a.m. session of Axxess. The order of elimination in the Battle Royal will then determine the First-Round Matches for a 15-Superstar, single-elimination tournament beginning later that session. The Battle Royal winner will receive a first-round bye.

The tournament will continue at Saturday’s second session of Axxess, taking place from 1-5 p.m., before concluding at the final Axxess session on Sunday, Jan. 27, from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Featuring a veritable who’s who from all three brands, the tournament will include the following Superstars:

From NXT:
    - Adam Cole
    - Velveteen Dream
    - Dominik Dijakovic
    - Keith Lee
    - Shane Thorne

From NXT UK:
    - Mark Andrews
    - Tyler Bate
    - Travis Banks
    - Jordan Devlin
    - Zack Gibson

From 205 Live:
    - Cedric Alexander
    - Tony Nese
    - Drew Gulak
    - TJP
    - Humberto Carillo

Given the format of the tournament, there’s no telling who will fight whom when the brands collide. Which Superstar will rise to the occasion, beat out the best of his brand (and others), and claim a future title opportunity — and what championship will he choose to go after?

Royal Rumble Axxess, which takes over the Phoenix Convention Center Friday, Jan. 25, to Sunday, Jan. 27, will also feature NXT UK tapings on Friday and Sunday, as well as Superstar meet-and-greets, the WWE Superstore, photo opportunities, other live matches and much more throughout the entire weekend. Tickets are available now at Phoenix.Ticketforce.com.
    This sounds like something out of a good BTB and I dig it. Would be a good way to switch wrestlers from one brand to another naturally if it's a recurring 'X-times a year' thing. Otis Dozovic to challenge Buddy Murphy for the 205 Live strap please and thank you.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 01-23-2019 at 06:12 AM.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE To Hold Inter-Brand 'Worlds Collide Tournament' During Royal Rumble Axxess

Shouldn't it be 16? They should have had 5 from each brand then 1 new signing.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE To Hold Inter-Brand 'Worlds Collide Tournament' During Royal Rumble Axxess

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Shouldn't it be 16? They should have had 5 from each brand then 1 new signing.
    Read the announcement, it explains the 15.

Cool idea I had hoped to see from WWE with all these lower brands.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Planet's Admin

Status

Zack Gibson Vs Velveteen Dream is a match I never knew I needed until now.

Hoping Keith Lee gets one of the flyers from 205 Live like Alexander.

Status
      Country                    United States

Humberto Carrillo is going to the be the final entrant. He is also joining the 205 Live roster. I've only seem him a couple of times in NXT but he definitely belongs on 205 and I think he will contribute a lot of really enjoyable matches on the show.

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Humberto Carrillo is going to the be the final entrant. He is also joining the 205 Live roster. I've only seem him a couple of times in NXT but he definitely belongs on 205 and I think he will contribute a lot of really enjoyable matches on the show.
    Him & Raul Mendoza have a pretty good cruiserweight tag team going on in NXT, I'd be surprised if Mendoza isn't far behind on getting called up to 205 Live. But yeah, Humberto's pretty aces and a welcome surprise to both this tournament and 205 Live in general.

Stay tuned.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Funnily enough the original announcement for the tournament included Humberto Carrillo and then they removed him. Think someone messed up and revealed a debut before they meant to.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Zack Gibson Vs Velveteen Dream is a match I never knew I needed until now.

Hoping Keith Lee gets one of the flyers from 205 Live like Alexander.
    It's a shame that Lio Rush isn't in the field, I always enjoy their interactions.

Friendship King

Status

It looks like my dreams of Otis Dozovic doing moonsaults onto an increasingly flat Buddy Murphy will be in vain, as THE DOZER has been replaced in this tournament by Shane Thorne.

Stay tuned.

The Planet's Admin

Status

This was a decent watch if a little confusing a layout with we'll show you 1 first round match, 1 quarter final match and then the rest of the tournament. Why not scrap the battle royal and first round match and let us see all of the quarter finals. Anyway, thought Gibson/El Dimples, Devlin/Gulak and Bate/Dream were really good. Gibson in particular seemed to get his act over with the replicate belt dopes crowd who probably are seeing him for the first time.

Dream winning the title shot to use on any brand thing probably has limited options, can only see him going for the NXT title.

Thread Information