Thread: Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto)

One of my favorite things in wrestling, A great tag team where both individual members are also legitimately great on their own. In fact this originally just going to be Arisa but when I was digging up dirt on them I basically thought it was impossible to talk about one without the other being involved heavily over the last 5 years from a purely in-ring perspective. That said, there are some pretty major differences between them.

With Arisa she's historically a much stiffer, hard hitting worker than Tsukka, she represents I suppose what would be considered more of a Strong Style approach to her wrestling which also mixes technical wrestling which she's actually really good at, though she definitely has moved into more of a "I'm bitter & I like hitting people very hard" character in the last year or so. She can emote quite well too when you give her something to sink her teeth into & she can come off fiery & passionate when the moment calls for it, but I would definitely say her in-ring ability is her main strength, but also that's largely because that part of her is so strong.

Her partner on the other hand is somewhat different in that I consider Tsukka the better actress of the two & whereas Arisa steps up her selling, Tsukka is more or less always "on" in that area. Her in-ring style & moveset is much more akin to a traditional Joshi wrestler with more acrobatic moves (which also makes sense considering she & Tsukushi are Toyota's protegés, & Tsukka was passed on Toyota's most famous move) utilized & matches built on her ability to sell and emote, in contrast to Arisa essentially always being a badass.

I think if you look at purely their matches...Arisa's are better for the most part to me in all honesty. But you also have to look at the way their careers are structured before you write Tsukka off as Arisa at largely participates in matches against great wrestlers every time in Sead & as a freelancer, while Tsukka is office in her company & the trainer and as the company's Ace she's often working against more inexperienced & lesser talent. Also she will have to work in comedy matches sometimes which can be a positive or a negative depending on your POV in comparison to Arisa who for all intents & purposes is a pure wrestler. And Tsukka might also have my favorite singles match of the two in this time period, & it shows when she's up against a wrestler of similar caliber, she can deliver the goods just as much as Arisa, although it's less common.

Overall, they both have the resumé to be in. Arisa will be for sure & I think Tsukka will too but she's lower on the totem pole under Arisa for me personally, who is probably one of the better overall wrestlers under the sun in this time period. If there is another nit to pick in her case it's that she doesn't wrestle as much as Tsukka, but still is around basically every month of the year for a few matches whereas Tsukka is around all the time, again in a variety of roles in her home promotion.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto)

Best Friends and Avid Rival today is still my two favorite Tag Teams ever! I'm glad you put them together, because when I think about one, I always think about the other. I don't need any convincing on whether they are deserving of a spot because both shall be there. I would say with the past two years Tsukasa Fujimoto and Arisa Nakajima especially to me is what I call the measuring stick in Wrestling.

If you want to learn anything, those two ladies are two you need to watch. I think I remember the first Ice Ribbon Match you told me to watch was with those two ladies, and by that point I was just watching Stardom. Pretty sure after that I was watching Ice Ribbon and off to the races I've gone the past three years. It's interesting I have it the other way to me I enjoy more of Tsukasa Matches more than Arisa I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I just do.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Like I said I think Tsukka is more emotive for sure and can draw people in well. I just think the totality of their runs Arisa stylistically is more up my alley as to what I like in wrestling, but I can't drum up a big argument against anyone who thinks the opposite. I think they both bring a lot to the table on their own. They should both definitely be in or at worst under consideration.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'll definitely have to look at their earlier stuff as I've only seen 2017 onward. Out of the two I would say Arisa Nakajima is by far my favourite performance wise and stylistically. Loved Tsukasa Fujimoto too. Hopefully watching their earlier stuff with only further that love. Nakajima will definitely been on my list. The lower end at least. Fujimoto depends on the other stuff.

Thread Information