Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WCW 1996 - The Birth of the NWO

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: WCW 1996 - The Birth of the NWO

About time I left some actual feedback in here again. As others have mentioned over the past few weeks, your commentary at the beginning of shows is a highlight, something that really makes me pay attention. I thought you hit that again pretty well with Heenan concerned for Bischoff’s safety later on tonight. The added notion of Hogan negotiating the perfect terms to return is a brilliant touch as well.

LOL at Bobby Walker parading his victory over Mysterio, even though he virtually had nothing to do with it, great stuff. The sucking up to Sherri is cringe worthy but that’s exactly what it needs to be. Cool to see Chavo here and a good win on debut (?) for him here. Shows that when the numbers are even Walker can’t do much either. No complaints here, good stuff, and I’m always happy when Eddie’s on screen.

Despite not really mattering in the scheme of things, I really liked The Booty Man getting a chance to have his bit on Hogan. Just adds to the occasion and shows how effected everybody is by this earth shattering change, which is really smart. The Giant murdering him makes perfect sense though, so I was glad you went that way.

The champions looking strong and getting a victory over Public Enemy is completely fine, however I had some issues with the aftermath. I just felt like it made everybody involved except Harlem Heat looks really dumb. Walker and Sherri getting caught up in a make out session and basically being ditched by Harlem Heat is a bit strange. Then Public Enemy surely would have seen Harlem Heat coming, but still went crashing through the table when Walker got moved? I don’t know if it was the writing not being descriptive enough and I’m not picturing what happened correctly, but it just felt like all involved did some really dumb things. Wasn’t a fan of the aftermath although still happy the champs got up.

Buff having his new attitude on full display and the Buff Daddy theme music debuting was the natural progression for him after turning on Riggs. Pretending like he wanted to fight only to use Riggs’ already booked match as a scape goat was great. Typical chicken shit heel stuff.

Benoit looking like a beast in this one was great, a good win for him. The aftermath with Bagwell being scared of Benoit, and then Riggs copping another beating was all solid enough. The idea of an even more focused Benoit is one that I like.

The segment here between Mysterio/Malenko/Lynn did exactly what it needed to. Rey being annoyed with them and even Walker to an extent is perfectly fine, and Malenko making him have to jump over another hurdle to earn another title shot is great. I like that Lynn is something of a mouth piece, but due to how personal this rivalry is, Dean wanted to speak to Rey directly. A nice additional touch as far as I’m concerned, the things that are important in BTB. Not sure who Rey’s partner will be, maybe Kidman?

Sometimes simple things are just as enjoyable as the intricate angles. On that note, I’m LOVING Anderson’s TV Title reign at the moment. He wants to defend each week and he comes out and kicks ass each week. It’s great stuff in my book, and LOL at Disco getting slaughtered after the match here as well. Good stuff.

You’re writing these Hugh Morrus split personality segments quite well. The hair back and forth is a nice, visual detail, and the posters all going up and being ripped down is pretty funny. I’m not sure whether this will just end up being a comedy act or not, but you’ve got me interested that’s for sure.

Hmm. Ted DiBiase not being able to deliver on that planned opponent for Konnan again has me thinking. Surely at some point, DDP is going to get tired of the failure and they will have issues? Either way, the promo and back and forth between DiBiase and DDP was fine. I dig the fact that this week Konnan was able to one up them, getting Dillon to ban everybody from ringside. I really enjoyed the old school touch of the manager’s licenses coming out as well, only for JJ to not give a shit.

A big win for Konnan here as The Barbarian is fair opposition. The attack from Meng and DDP afterwards, followed by the LOD appearance was all advancement on where it needed to be. Konnan/The Great Muta next week sounds like a treat as well. Very happy with how both of these angles progressed tonight.

Even after their debut, the Thrill Seeker’s segments continue to be cheesy goodness. I’m all over these, think they are fantastic.

Again, using your commentary and Heenan in particular to further put over this NWO angle in fantastic fashion. Heenan leaving due to fearing for his safety was great.

I really enjoyed this Hogan promo as I felt the reasoning for his turn isn’t just about taking over, and ushering in a new era of professional wrestling. The idea of wanting to be the one to kill Hulkamania because he is sick of the jealousy is pretty bloody awesome in my book. Especially since he’s 100% right, everybody has been lining up to kill Hulkamania for years. Ditching his catch phrase and laughing about it was a nice touch, and then The Giant coming out once the title was mentioned was good. Whilst you claimed it was only The Giant’s Chokeslam that was being cheered, it has felt for a month or so now that Giant has basically been a face anyway. It still might not actually be the case, but this just means he can play the face role in this feud well. Standing up to the NWO was great and it makes sense that despite looking strong, he eventually got taken down. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Benoit and Anderson coming down with chairs, just to get completely destroyed. I mean, NWO had to stand strong at the end of this but surely they could have at least get some offense in. Again, just sliding in to be attacked makes them seem quite dumb. Outside of that though, the booking was great as NWO need to look untouchable right now and you accomplished that. Waited for the promo portion of this segment for weeks now and I personally think you delivered.

A couple of execution things I wasn’t the hugest fan of, but that didn’t take away from the enjoyment here. Feels great to read shows from this era because it actually feels like you’re booking this era. You pick up on all the little things that this era had. All your main angles are progressing as they should as well, no complaints. Keep up the good work.

Little bitta the bubbly!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

~Insert obligatory compliment for Bigmc123’s opening commentary.

Yeah, kidding aside, as usual; great opening patter between the commentary team. And this Hogan return promo has been brilliantly built up to this point. Feels like a massive night for Nitro. Bobby mentioning all the big talent not being here is a clever touch too, explaining why Hogan and the Outsiders don’t get jumped from the beginning, and points out how clever the nWo are.

I think the good thing about featuring Walker more prominently is that he isn’t being booked like your typical Cruiserweight, meaning he brings something different to the division. A little bit surprised he lost here, as I assumed you’d be looking to make something more out of him off the back of the Rey win.

Oh dear God. The Booty Man~!! The Booty Man minus the The Booty Babe = minus ratings. That said, he’s another good guy to wheel out to comment on the Hogan turn. All of those old WWF 80’s dudes have been well used in that role these last few weeks. Very good idea on your part to use them. Another quick (and I mean really quick) squash for The Giant. And that’s all that Brutus is good for anyway.

Good to see Sherri recovered from being removed by Eddie earlier. Interesting that she and Walker were all good after his loss earlier – a sign of the early stages of a relationship, where neither can do no wrong!! LOL. Harlem Heat going over Public Enemy is the right call. PE are a useful team to have around as they’ll always be over with fans regardless of wins or losses. Post match assault attempt by Public Enemy on Sherri and Walker felt unnecessary considering neither of them contributed to the finish, but maybe something else will come of it.

I’ve said it before, but Scotty Raggs is a great insult. Feels like you’re starting to find your groove with this Buff Bagwell character shift, and that was a nice typical heel move of him wanting to fight Riggs when he knew Scotty already had a match set. Nice to see Benoit is still selling the effects of his big bump at the Bash – the diving headbutt from a ladder through a table in 1996 is the type of spot that deserves to be sold weeks later, so kudos.

Solid win for Benoit too, considering he’s less than 100% coming into it, but it also tells us where Riggs stands if he’s still losing cleanly to a guy that’s injured. Not a criticism either, Riggs is there to put people over imo – and that should be his role in this Bagwell feud for sure. Again though, I’m not sure about the post match stuff. Bagwell being a little bitch and running from Benoit makes sense, I suppose, but Riggs looks like a total idiot. Just feels as if Benoit is the only one coming out of this segment with anything, even though the whole segment was there (I assume) to build up the Riggs/Buff issue.

Mystery partner angles are always fun. I’ve an idea who Rey will bring in to side with him, but I’ll hold that off for predictions when the PPV rolls around. Didn’t expect this direction, as I assumed Rey would move on to a feud with Walker for a short period before returning to chase Malenko, but I like this set up for the PPV. There’s not a wide range of available challengers for Dean, so it makes sense to find a way to keep the Mysterio feud cooking, and the tag match is a clever way to hold off on another one on one match so soon after the first two.

Arn Anderson successfully defends the TV title. In other news, water is wet and grass is green. Keep bustin’ spines!!

I love these Hugh Morrus vignettes. The weirder the better, imo. Obviously, he’s got a split personality thing going, and it’s wonderfully over the top. Stapling the missing persons poster then immediately ripping them down over and over would be hilarious to watch. Keep these up!!

So, it would appear that DiBiase being subservient to Page is going to be a thing going forward. Him stammering as he explained why their opponent for Konnan didn’t make it over from Japan was odd to me. DiBiase redeeming himself by hiring the services of the Faces of Fear was good though, and showed how deep his pockets continue to be. Also loved the old school touch with Hart and DiBiase showing their managers licence when being barred from ringside. Still not fully sure I get why DiBiase is getting chewed out by Page or worrying when he’s been unable to deliver for Page, considering he’s the one with the money, but apart from that quirk in the relationship, I enjoyed everything else that led to the match here. Feels like a big win for Konnan over Barbarian too after the tear the Faces of Fear have been on, and a singles loss for Barbarian is not going to hurt him, as his focus is on the tag division scene anyway.

Muta being on Nitro next week feels like a huge deal, and I assume that’s who was supposed to be here tonight? Run in from the Road Warriors made sense, and I’d love to see a six man tag between these guys at some point. Could be a TV main event imo. Good to see DDP escaping unscathed though – a true slimy heel!!

Seek Them Thrills <3

Heenan ditching commentary to protect his own safety is just fantastic, and sells how dangerous he believes Hogan and the Outsiders to be. Lovely way to set the tone ahead of the final segment.

There was a lot of pressure to deliver on this promo segment, and personally, I thought you nailed this. It had to be big in order to match the enormity of Hogans turn at BATB, and I thought it was. Him discussing his Hulkamaniacs growing older and finding new heroes, kind of pinning the blame on them for his actions. But the best thing about this was Hogan – after over ten years of fighting off guys that always said THEY would kill Hulkamania – ended up being the one to kill it himself. That’s just poetic in my eyes. Loved that.

The challenge to The Giant and Giant stepping up to the nWo was all decent enough too. I’ve complained long enough about Giant not being treated with enough importance, so I wont complain now when he’s being thrust into the biggest angle on the show. Glad too that the nWo didn’t run off when Benoit and Arn came out too and instead managed to end the show standing tall. Nice visual at the end too with Hogan spitting on the belt. Feels like we’re about to get all the fun stuff now that the nWo are officially established on the show with this promo and the battlelines being drawn.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Won't be able to leave segment-by-segment feedback as always, but wanted to come by while I could to say this was another fun show. The commentary was on point as always at the start of the show, but that's pretty standard for you now. Also loved Bobby asking if it was gonna be Hogan when Rey came out. Love it. Honestly don't think anyone does that particular thing better than you on here right now.

The main part of this show is obviously the main event segment, and I thought it mostly delivered in spades. Hogan feels like such an incredibly big deal after so much hype, and his promo was absolutely money. Nailed it, no doubt. I did feel like it went a little downhill with the execution of it all once Giant came out and it got physical, and I don't think Arn and Benoit needed chairs if they were just going to take a beatdown, but this ending wasn't bad by any means (and made the nWo look as scary as they should), and that first half more than did it's part to carry momentum through to the end. Top work for what was a really crucial segment.

I also really enjoyed the Giant getting that win at the start, given everything that's going on, and everything we've chatted about separately, but I'll leave that one there for now.

Buff wanting the match with Riggs when he knew he already had one with Benoit was a lot of fun. Between Bagwell and DDP, you have such a knack for those little heat-gathering mid card heel moments. Obviously you are a wrestler yourself, you aren't usually a heel by any chance are you? Despite all my praise for your writing of heels, Scotty has looked like a complete loser since that split. As entertaining as Buff is, I do wonder how long you can keep this feud interesting when one side of it (and the side we're supposed to be getting behind and supporting, no less) is such a loser.

Quick note too for Arn still picking up those wins. Proper TV Title stuff this, I'm a big fan.

Konnan versus the Barbarian for 8 minutes, though? You absolutely sadist!

All in all, something of a quieter week without the likes of Sting, Savage, Flair, Blondes etc, but this was all about the main event segment and you stuck the landing, so all good with me. Now we've drawn out the reveal and the return of Hogan and whatnot, we're ready to really kick in to gear. I'm excited.

Indy Talent

Status

Opening commentary set up the tone perfectly for the night, and I love the touch you did by having all the main crew in Japan for Hogan's return. Brilliant. Now, give me some NJPW guys over here in return dammit!

I'm definitely surprised to see Walker lose to Chavo, especially in under 5 minutes at that. After such a big upset over Rey, this feels like a step back.

Another fine use of Hogan's Heroes here, and him getting squashed in six seconds is just the best thing of all. Poor Giant though.

Public Enemy should be losing, but you work in a table spot in the aftermath, so no complaints at all. I'm wondering how long it will be until Harlem Heat grow tired of Sherri's infatuation with Bobby Walker.

I love Buff Bagwell, and he actually was a decent wrestler during this time before his neck injury. The potential for big things is there for him. I love his obnoxious character. Great ploy on the match challenge stuff.

Benoit was always winning, and the reversal info the Crossface was the perfect finish for it. I don't like the post match stuff though purely because I don't want Buff to be a ploy to get Benoit over. You don't want little things like that to stunt his momentum he is quickly gaining.

Simple enough segment with the Cruiserweights. It's not like there's much personality on display here hahaha. I'm wholly expecting Rey to introduce us to a new Lucha Friend.

Standard from Arn. Always felt like an enhancement match.

Another good Hugh vignette. I think for as complex of a character you're doing, especially in 1996, having such an obvious character trait to show the personality switch with the hair is a smart touch, at it will help fans understand more.

I love that you finally showed DiBiase to be a man with a plan by securing Faces of Fear as a back up. He's looked very naive and foolish during this arc, which is not him. Dillon trying to even up the playing field is a nice way to help Konnan out, decent.

I'm really glad it was Barbarian who jobbed and not my forever crush Meng. Everything here was pretty standard stuff, and I'm curious if Muta actually shows up or not next week with how everything has actually played out.

I love everything about my boys Jericho and Storm. I really hope Lance still had that terrible mullet rat tail thing going on for you like he did IRL.

And here it finally is. I love that you used the Hulk Hogan is professional wrestling line. It's my favorite line to use with him. I thought everything about his promo was on point and great. The flow was definitely not great when you transitioned to the World Title and Giant stuff, just felt very choppy, very forced, like they were two different segments instead of one. I thought you recovered super well with the fight and brawl, protecting everyone directly involved, sans Benoit and Arn obviously.

Overall, it's a lot of perfectly acceptable stuff. Keep on trucking.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

WCW Saturday Night
    July 27 1996
    Disney MGM Studios
    Orlando, Florida

WCW Saturday Night opens with a neat new video package opening. It is more sleek and modern than the robotic graphics that we had become accustomed to. After the opening, we head to the announce booth where we see “The Professor” Mike Tenay and “The Living Legend” Larry Zbyszko looking into the camera. The fans in attendance start up a “Larry, Larry” chant and Zbyszko caters to them by standing out of his chair and waving to the fans before sitting back down. Mike Tenay starts the hype for the show by announcing that “not only will Arn Anderson continue with his promise to defend the Television Title on each TV show as he defends against Disco Inferno, but the Tag Team Champions will be in action… non-title action that is… against the Steiner Brothers.” Larry chimes in that “even though it is non-title, that a win by the Steiner Brothers could put them right in line for a World Tag Team Title Match.”

Mike agrees and says, “Most people think that the Steiners shouldn’t even have to earn a rematch due to the way that Harlem Heat kept their belts at Bash at the Beach… and speaking of tag teams… tonight, both The Thrill Seekers and The Hollywood Blondes will be in separate matches… and Sting is scheduled to be here tonight… Well, Larry… let’s send it to ringside for our first match of the eveni-” Larry cuts Mike off, Hold on Mike… before we go to the ring, I have something to say about what happened on Monday Nitro… specifically about what I saw from Hulk Hogan… Hogan, you spit on the WCW World Heavyweight Championship… the belt that dates back to 1905 with Lou Thesz and George Hackenschmidt. Hogan, you spit on the very thing that embodies Everything WCW… that symbolizes Everything WCW… and now I SPIT ON YOU Hulk Hogan… Your LEGACY… Your CAREER… Your EVERYTHING.” Zbyszko is fired up and spins towards his desk as Tenay sends it to the ring.

“Disco Fever”plays to decent amount of heat from the crowd as Alex Wright and Disco Inferno boogie their way out to the ring. There isn’t a way to lower the Disco Ball down, so we aren’t treated to that aspect of the Dancing Fools entrance, but there are lots of strobe lights and the best Disco Music that WCW can afford. Disco and Alex dance their way into the ring as the fans boo their terrible dance moves.

We hear the Running Horses as “Horsemen” hits and we see the Television Champion, Arn Anderson walk out to a fair amount of applause from the crowd. Anderson is in his simple black tights with the Double A embroidered on them and his button up ring jacket. Anderson has his TV Title proudly around his waist as he calmly makes his way into the ring, neither acknowledging the fans nor deliberately trying to draw heat from them. Anderson is in the ring and the TV Title Match is underway.

TV Title Match
    Arn Anderson © vs. Disco Inferno w/ Alex Wright

This match is another showcase match for “The Enforcer” as he controls it from the first ring of the bell. Much like on Monday Nitro, the only time that Disco even gets a smidgen of offense is due to the momentary distraction of Alex Wright. Arn, being a ring veteran, doesn’t let his focus wonder for to long and puts Disco away with the SPINEBUSTER for the three count.

Winner at 2:40 and still TV Champion – Arn Anderson

After the match, just like on Monday, the other half of the Dancing Fools; this time Alex Wright, tries to come after Anderson, but Wright is stopped with a SPINEBUSTER by Double A. Anderson pops up to a big pop from the crowd as he does his patented thumb across the neck gesture as we fade to our first commercial.

Commercial Break

WCW Saturday Night returns to the Royal music of “Lord” Steven Regal, who walks out with one arm behind his back and his nose in the air. Regal slowly walks to the ring and has on a ring jacket with a layered white shirt underneath it that all the snobby Englishmen wear. Regal finally makes it into the ring and is handed a microphone by Dave Penzer. Regal starts to talk in his patented British accent, “Cheerio, Good Mates… of course I use that very…. VERY… lightly, because honestly there isn’t anything good about you AMERICAN people, especially the people in Orlando.” This draws a big amount of Heat from the local fans in attendance, but Steven just continues on. “Now if you all would quiet down, I have some very important information news to give… Directly from your Majesty herself… the Queen of England.” Regal then makes a big production out of pulling a scroll out of his inside jacket pocket and unraveling it. Steven starts to read the letter, HEAR YEHEAR YE… this message is from Your Majesty… The Queen… It has come to my attention that ‘Lord’ Steven Regal has a professional wrestling match in the god-forsaken country of the United States. As the Queen of England, I have declared that Steven Regal will NOT be participating in this contest. It will not be sanctioned by the Greatest Country in the World, England and thus the mightiest of Englishmen, ‘Lord’ Steven Regal will not be forced to engage in action with a lowly American.” Steven Regal places the letter back into his inside jacket pocket and then starts to clap excessively.

Finally, Regal gets back on the microphone and says; “You have heard it from the Queen herself… I will not lower myself to fight any American and I BLOODY will not entertain you idiotic American fans, so I will not be wrestling tonight.” Regal steps out of the ring and walks to the back to a round of boos from the crowd as we head to the announce booth and see Mike Tenay try to cover time for what was supposed to have been a match. Larry starts to talk when we cut abruptly back to the ringside area where we see Scotty Riggs storming to the ring. Riggs steps into ring and we know he is not in a good mood because we don’t even get to bear witness to the American Males clap. Riggs is in his ring gear and snatches the mic from Dave Penzer. “Marcus Bagwell… Buff Bagwell… whatever you are calling yourself these days… you need to bring yourself down to the ring right now… Looks like I don’t have an opponent anymore, and its PRIME TIME that we FIGHT.” Mike Tenay confirms on commentary that Regal was supposed to be facing off against Riggs as is pacing back and forth inside the ring.

We hear the new music of Buff Bagwell, titled “Buff Daddy,” plays as Buff Bagwell struts his way out to the ring. Buff, unlike Riggs, is not in his ring gear, but does have a microphone in his hand. “Raggs… Scotty Raggs… do you really think you can just call out Buff… The Stuff… and have me meet your demands… Not happening, we do things on MY time, but not on my Dime… if you know what I mean.” Bagwell laughs at his own joke, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up sometimes… but I’m sorry Raggs… It seems that I forgot my wrestling gear at home… But don’t worry just Snotty Raggs…. HAHAHAHAHAHA that’s a good one… God, I am good... Don’t worry though, Snotty… I heard the declaration from the Queen and I just knew you would pull a stunt like this, so I found an opponent for you… May I introduce to you... BIG BUBBBBAAA.” The music of Bubba hits as the fans give a big amount of heat, more likely for Buff Bagwell scheming his way out of a match than for Big Bubba. Bubba walks out and heads to the ring with Buff Bagwell right behind him. Bubba steps into the ring and it looks like Bagwell is going to be staying at ringside for the match.

Singles Match
    Scotty Riggs vs. Big Bubba

Scotty is able to get off to a fast start, mostly due to his aggression toward Buff Bagwell playing itself out in the form of attacking Big Bubba. Riggs keeps the offense going and after a few moments, lines up for the FIVE-ARM, but Bagwell grabs the ankle of Riggs, causing enough of a distraction to allow Bubba to gain control of the match. Bubba hits some high-impact moves, but the resilient Riggs is able to stay in the match.

After a few moments, Scotty is able to mount a comeback when he moves out of the way of an Avalanche Splash attempt in the corner by Big Bubba. Scotty hits a clothesline, but that doesn’t knock the big man down. Scotty hits another and Bubba is almost off his feet. Riggs calls for the FIVE ARM and the fans give a decent pop for the move. Buff, sensing the match could be over soon, hops onto the apron only to get knocked right back down by a FIVE ARM from Riggs. Scotty turns around and Bubba tries for a Sidewalk Slam, but Riggs is able to avoid it and finally land the FIVE ARM that he was looking for earlier to Big Bubba for the three-count.

Winner at 5:27 – Scotty Riggs

Big Bubba rolls out of the ring as Buff Bagwell is finally getting to his feet. Bubba starts to walk to the back with Buff right behind him, berating him the entire way. Eventually, Big Bubba has had enough and pushes Bagwell out of the way and we fade to commercial seeing Riggs celebrating in the middle of the ring.

Commercial Break

WCW Saturday Night returns to the music of the Nastiest Tag Team in WCW, The Nasty Boys. We see Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags walk out and they don’t get much of a reaction, probably from not being on TV the last few weeks. They get a little Heat by antagonizing the fans, but not that much before they step into the ring.

***SEEK THEM THRILLS***

We hear the voice of Chris Jericho yelling over the P.A. system, “SEEK THEM THRILLS.”The fans give a pop as the upbeat music of The Thrill Seekers play and the Seekers make their way out to the ring. Jericho and Storm, who is rocking his signature Rat Tail, slap hands with the fans near the ring and go up into the stands to get some love from the fans up there. After a few moments, Jericho and Storm make their way into the ring and the match can begin.

Tag Team Match
    The Nasty Boys vs. The Thrill Seekers

Sags and Jericho start the match, with Jericho having the advantage. Chris is able to use his speed and technical expertise to get this advantage. Jericho keeps it for a few moments and tags in Storm. The Thrill Seekers hit a double back elbow that sends Sags to the canvas. Jerry backs into his corner and tags in Knobs, who charges into the ring and right into a drop toe hold by Jericho. Lance Storm follows this up with an elbow drop to the back of Brian’s head. Jericho exits the ring as Storm looks to continue the attack on Knobs.

Storm goes to whip Knobs into the ropes, but it is reversed and Jerry Sags gets a knee into the lower back of Storm, who stumbles off the ropes and into a clothesline by Brian Knobs. Brian instantly grabs Storm and tosses him into the Nasty’s corner. Sags and Knobs take the next minute or so to double-team Lance with their brawling style that the Nasty Boys are known for. Eventually, Storm is able to throw a kick at Knobs, but Brian catches it. Enzuigiri by Storm and both men are down. Lance slowly crawls towards his corner as the crowd rallies behind the Seekers.

The tag is made to Jericho just as Knobs tags in Sags. Chris comes in a ball of fire and takes Sags down with a clothesline. Brian Knobs comes into the ring and immediately gets hip-tossed to the canvas. Jericho lands a Lion Sault to Sags and goes for the pin. Brian Knobs breaks the pin up at the last second and this brings Lance into the ring. Storm clotheslines Brian over the top rope and to the floor as Jericho climbs the top rope. Storm sees this and heads to the top rope. Both men are on the top rope and we hear them yell out simultaneously, “SEEK THEM THRILLS” before leaping off the ropes with there double-team THRILL SEEKING MISSILE DROPKICK for the three count.

Winners at 6:20 – The Thrill Seekers

The Thrill Seekers celebrate with their fans in the stands as Mike Tenay puts over that the Seekers haven’t lost since they debuted in WCW. We head back to the announce booth where Mike Tenay sets up a video package on Hulk Hogan saying, “this is put together to explain everything that has happened since Hulk Hogan came to WCW.” Larry seems irritated that WCW is even going to put together this video, but Mike says, I have been told that Hogan himself paid for the video to be done and the time on the show to air it.”

We start with the Disney parade that introduced Hulk Hogan to WCW. We hear Hulk Hogan doing the voice over, “It was the best day in the history of WCW, Brother… The Savior had arrived… Hulk Hogan had headed south to World Championship Wrestling.” We cut to Bash at the Beach 1994 where we see Hulk Hogan holding the Big Gold Belt above his head with Shaquille O’Neal in the middle of the ring with him. “My very first night in the company and I win the World Title… Look at all them idiot kids… those so-called Hulkamaniacs cheering me on… I was their hero… and I was the SAVIOR of WCW, BROTHER.”

The video cuts to the many battles that Hulk Hogan had with the Dungeon of Doom. “I was the SAVIOR and WCW saw fit to parade out cartoon characters to try to destroy HULKAMANIA, but little did everyone know that HULKAMANIA could not be destroyed… not yet that is… HAHAHA.” Next we see the dark stages of Hulk Hogan, where he is wearing all black as he goes to the “Dark Side” in preparation for his battle with The Giant at Halloween Havoc 1995. “It was right in front of your eyes and you never saw it… I never wanted to go back to the Yellow and Red, Brother… never wanted to take another vitamin or say another prayer… But the time wasn’t right yet brother… I couldn’t make my next move until my Brothers were ready to make that next step.”

The screen cuts to May 27th where we see Scott Hall make his entrance through the stands and into the ring. “And finally my brothers were ready to take over… they made the trip down south just like I did two years earlier, Brother…” We see clips of the destruction that Hall and Nash caused leading up to the Bash at the Beach PPV ending with the Powerbomb on Eric Bischoff through the table at Great American Bash. “That was my favorite moment at all… I had just signed on for 3 more years with a contract that I can’t be released from… I made sure that I specifically had that written into my contract… Nothing like a good contract, huh Easy E.”

We see the start to the Bash at the Beach 6-man match, “No-one knew it was me… I had laid low every since Hall came into WCW… it was the perfect plan.” We see Hogan walking down the aisle (“Here comes the SAVIOR) The Outsiders slide out of the ring (“O, they were so scared of the almighty Hulkster.”) Hogan hits Macho in the back of the head with the chair.

We then see Hogan drop the Leg Drop onto Sting. (“Look how I took care of that Loser, Sting”) Next up is the interview after the match where we see trash being hurled into the ring. (“All that trash, Brother… all that trash being tossed into the ring just signifies how jealous all those guys in the audience were of The Hulkster.”) The last bit of video we see is the most recent; it’s the footage from last Monday Nitro. (“I think this speaks for itself”) Hogan’s voice doesn’t return for the rest of the package as we get a recap of the angle that closed out Monday Nitro. The video package ends with Hulk Hogan spitting on the belt and telling the fans to “Stick It.”
    Commercial Break

WCW Saturday Night returns to the Running Horses signifying that it is once again Horsemen time. Coming to the ring are the newest members of the Horsemen, “Stunning” Steve Austin and “The Loose Cannon” Brian Pillman, The Hollywood Blondes. Pillman and Austin get a small pop, but much like Arn, the Blondes don’t play to the crowd. They are all business, but Pillman does jump at a few fans in the front row and then gets up in the camera lens and starts to shake the camera. Anything to show how off the wall that Pillman really is. The Blondes step into the ring and their opponents, Yung ‘N Reckless, are already in the ring.

Tag Team Match
    Hollywood Blondes vs. Yung ‘N Reckless

Well, one team got an entrance and one team was already in the ring, so we all know what this means. SHOWCASE MATCH TIME!! The Blondes take advantage right from the start with Austin being the aggressor of the team. They work heat on Kanyon, using multiple tags in and out to keep the fresh man in the match. Pillman starts to get a little cocky and allows for Kanyon to tag in Kidman. Pillman paint brushes him around and acts like he is to good to be in the ring with Kidman, which allows for Billy to get a momentary run of offense. Pillman bumps around a bit for Kidman, but is able to reverse the momentum of Kidman and get a tag to Austin. A few moments later and Austin lands a Stun Gun to Kidman and Pillman prevents Kanyon from breaking up the three count on Kidman.

Winners at 4:36 – Hollywood Blondes

The Hollywood Blondes celebrate in the middle of the ring as we head back to the announcer’s booth. Mike Tenay and Larry Zbyszko talk about the red-hot Tag Division that WCW has. Tenay speaks about how both the Thrill Seekers are undefeated since debuting and the Hollywood Blondes haven’t been beaten since re-debuting in WCW. Tenay sets up another video package for Hugh Morrus. “I really hope we are going to be able to get some help for this man… and soon.”

We cut to a shot of the huge Walt Disney sign and then we see Hugh Morrus walking around Disney World. He is laughing maniacally as he makes his way through the crowded place. We see that he has a stack of papers with him… the same wanted ads that he had with him the last time we saw him. Hugh seems to be enjoying himself, but the people around him don’t know what to make of him. It’s not everyday that you see a man just laughing one moment and then stone cold serious the next moment. Morrus seems to be slipping in and out of his different personalities much more freely than he had been before. Hugh is passing out the flyers, but each time that he hands a flyer to someone he immediately rips the flyer out of the hand of the person. One of the flyers falls to the ground and the camera zooms in on the flyer. We see that it the same WANTED ad for Kevin Sullivan that we saw last Monday. The camera tilts up to see a small child crying and Hugh Morrus is at the center of the mess. He is yelling KEVINKEVINKEVIN in the face of the kid. The mom grabs the kid by the arm, “Come on Kevin, we need to get away from that crazy man.” The mom pulls the kid away as Hugh reaches out for the kid before sitting Indian Style in the middle of the street and just rocks back and forth laughing the whole time.
    Commercial Break

WCW Saturday Night returns to the music of Konnan, who comes out to a pretty decent pop from the crowd. Konnan is in his street clothes; baggy jeans and a button down shirt that only has the top button buttoned. Konnan comes to the ring and enters the ring, where Gene Okerlund is already in the ring. It’s interview time and “Mean” Gene is ready to ask the hard-hitting questions. Okerlund asks Konnan his thoughts on “your match against the Japanese legend, The Great Muta this coming Monday on Nitro.” Konnan responds, “Odelay… Arriba La Raza… Gene, let me speak on this thing.” The fans give Konnan a pop and then let him speak again, “Gene, I will say this about Muta… I have a ton of respect for him as a wrestler… I don’t understand why he is taking the money of Dibiase, but it will be an honor to wrestle him and earn a shot at the United States championship.”

Gene brings up Diamond Dallas Page and this fires Konnan up. “DDP is someone that I have no respect for, Holmes. Page thinks that he can just buy his way out of something rather than fight his way out… well after I beat the Great Muta; I am going on to Hog Wild and will become the NEW United States Champion.” The fans give a huge pop for this declaration from Konnan as Gene wraps the interview up. Konnan exits the ring and starts to walk up the entranceway when he sees Ted Dibiase step out of the entrance way and Konnan stops in his tracks. He looks around, presumably looking for VK Wallstreet or DDP, but doesn’t see them so he walks towards Dibiase. Out of nowhere, Wallstreet comes flying into the screen from the side and tries to attack Konnan, but Konnan is able to side-step him and send him into the entrance set. Konnan kicks Wallstreet a few times to make sure he is down and then turns back towards Dibiase, only to be taken down with a DIAMOND CUTTER by Dallas Page. Ted slowly walks over and grabs some pesos out of his pocket and stuffs them down the throat of Konnan as security comes out to get DDP and his men away from Konnan.

We head back to the announcer’s booth where Mike Tenay talks about the angle we just saw and then reminds us that we still have Harlem Heat vs. the Steiner Brothers in our Main Event as well as Sting will address the fans. Larry says, “I can’t wait to hear what Sting has to say about Hulk Hogan… I still can’t believe that we even aired that video earlier.” Mike agrees and then sends it to the ring for the first set of introductions for the six-man Cruiserweight match-up.

The music of the Cruiserweight Champion, Dean Malenko, plays over the loudspeakers as the crowd starts to boo for Malenko. Jerry Lynn and “Hardwork” Bobby Walker, who is flanked by his girlfriend, Sister Sherri, follow out Dean. The trio walks to the ring and steps into the ring to a big round of jeers from the crowd. Sister Sherri and Bobby Walker are making out (snogging for you British folks) and the fans seem to really hate this as they are booing like crazy for the people in the ring. Tenay throws it to commercial and tells us that Rey Mysterio Jr., Chavo Guerrero Jr., and Eddie Guerrero will be out next.

Commercial Break

We return to “Mysterio March” as the fans give a huge pop for the three babyface Luchadors. Mysterio Jr. leads the group out as they get the crowd behind them even more than they are already are. The trio hurries to the ring and the heels spill out of the ring as the baby-faces slide into the ring.

6-Man Cruiserweight Match
    Bobby Walker/Jerry Lynn/Dean Malenko © w/ Sister Sherri vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr./Rey Mysterio Jr./ Eddie Guerrero

Eventually the referee is able to get one member of each team into the ring so that the match can start and it is Chavo and Bobby Walker in a rematch from Monday Nitro to start this six-man match off. Chavo controls Bobby with some chain wrestling and then tags in his Uncle Eddie, who comes in and takes over the attack on Walker. Guerrero grabs ahold of the arm of Walker and looks like he is going to make easy work of Walker, but Sister Sherri offers a bit of a distraction, proving that Walker cannot get much of anything done on his own. Walker uses this moment to tag Jerry Lynn into the match, who comes into the ring right into a hip-toss from Eddie Guerrero. Eddie hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and then tags in Mysterio. Rey comes into the ring and hits some crowd-pleasing moves, but is unable to put Jerry away.

The heels are able to take over the match when Chavo gets back into the ring and his inexperience is showcased when he takes a little to long going for his Tornado DDT and Lynn is able to throw him across the ring into the corner of Malenko and Walker. Lynn makes a much needed tag to Malenko, who comes in an immediately starts working the back of Chavo. We see the trio of heels make quick tags in and out, focusing on the back of Chavo the entire time. However, Chavo won’t quit or be pinned and this starts to frustrate Bobby Walker, who is now the legal man. He goes away from the plan of working the back, much to the chagrin of his teammates, and whips Chavo into the turnbuckle. Chavo is able to go up and over Bobby Walker, who was charging in after Guerrero Jr.

Chavo lunges over to his corner and tags in Eddie Guerrero, who comes in and clotheslines Walker to the canvas. Bobby rolls to the outside of the ring and Eddie starts to head after him, but Dean Malenko comes into the ring looking to attack Eddie from behind. However, Eddie is able to side-step Dean and sends him to the outside of the ring with Walker. Eddie grabs hold of the top ring ropes and dives over the top onto Walker and Dean. Jerry Lynn hurries over, climbs the top rope and leaps off with a Cross-Body Block onto all three men on the outside. The fans are really getting into the match at this point as Rey Mysterio Jr. enters the ring. He bounces off the ropes and dives over the top rope onto the 5 other men in the match. The fans go wild as Rey tosses Bobby Walker back into the ring and slides in after him. Walker grabs a schoolboy on Mysterio, but the referee… Good ‘Ol Randy Anderson… knows that Mysterio is not the legal man and tells Walker of this, who is very agitated by this. Eddie slides into the ring, spins Walker around and lands a BRAINBUSTER. On the outside, Lynn and Malenko are back on their feet and Jerry starts to make the save, but Dean stops him as Sister Sherri is screaming at them to do something. Malenko rubs his thumb and fingers together signifying she didn’t have the money this time and then Jerry and Dean leave as Walker is pinned in the middle of the ring.

Winners at 10:30 - Chavo Guerrero Jr./Rey Mysterio Jr./ Eddie Guerrero

Commercial Break

WCW Saturday Night returns to the music of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, Harlem Heat, as they come out without Sister Sherri or Bobby Walker. It looks like we are going to get a fair fight between two of the top tag teams in WCW. The fans are giving some pretty good Heat to Stevie Ray and Booker T as they yell at the fans before getting into the ring.

“Steinerized”plays as the crowd gives a huge pop for their favorite brother tag team, Rick and Scott, The Steiner Brothers. The brothers make their way out in their Michigan jackets and Rick is barking his way to the ring. The fans start barking back at him as Scott has a smile on his face, enjoying his big brother having fun with the fans. The Steiners get into the ring and the referee calls for the bell.

Non-Title Tag Team Match
    Harlem Heat © vs. The Steiner Brothers

Stevie Ray and Rick Steiner start this match out and right away we know that this match is going to be a back and forth encounter, much like most Steiner vs. Heat matches are. Neither Stevie nor Rick is able to get a sustained advantage and eventually tag in their respective brothers. Scott and Booker are able to speed up the pace of the match and Scott actually gets a little bit of an advantage. Scott hits a few power moves, but isn’t able to get the three count. Booker counters an attempted body slam and hits one of his own. Stevie Ray gets tagged into the match, but after hitting a few clubs to the back of Scott, he is overtaken by Scott, which allows Scott to tag in Rick. Rick comes into the match and the back and forth continues.

We finally see a change of pace when The Hollywood Blondes walk out to the ring. Larry Zbyszko mentions how Harlem Heat came to the ring 2 weeks ago when The Blondes were facing off against The Steiners. It doesn’t look like Austin or Pillman are going to get involved and the action continues without incident. Eventually, Scott is tagged back into the ring and gets the advantage on Booker, hitting a FRANKENSTEINER that almost gets a three count. Of note on the outside of the ring, Austin and Pillman start to step up onto the apron; however, Chris Jericho and Lance Storm pull them down. Tenay mentions that the tag division is so competitive and The Thrill Seekers are such nice guys that they want to always do the right thing. On the outside of the ring, The Blondes and The Seekers are fighting. The brawl spills into the ring and now all 8 men are brawling with each other. The referee has no decision but to throw the match out.

Official Decision at 8:20 – No Contest

The bell is constantly ringing… because that has to be the only way to stop wrestlers from fighting after a match… but of course it doesn’t work. The Seekers and The Steiners are facing off against The Blondes and Harlem Heat; punches are being thrown back and forth. Eventually, the Heels get knocked out of the ring and the fans give a big pop as The Steiners celebrate with The Thrill Seekers in the middle of the ring whilst Harlem Heat and The Blondes argue on the outside. We fade to commercial with the promise of Sting when we return to WCW Saturday Night.

Commercial Break

WCW Saturday Night returns to the announcer’s booth where Mike Tenay lets us know that, per JJ Dillon and based on what we just saw, there will be an 8-man tag match on Monday Nitro. It will be The Steiner Brothers teaming with The Trill Seekers to take on The Hollywood Blondes and the WCW World Tag Team Champions, Harlem Heat. Larry sends it to the ring where Sting is about to come out.

“A man called Sting” blares over the loudspeaker as the fans go wild for Sting. He walks out and the fans get even louder as he walks down to the ring. While Sting doesn’t necessarily look happy, he still makes time for his little Stingers before grabbing a microphone and stepping into the ring. The fans finally calm down enough to allow The Stinger to talk. “WOOO, I am fired up hearing all of your little Stingers out there. While I appreciate it, tonight I have some very serious business to get to…. As many of you know, last week there was a huge portion of the WCW roster that was overseas in Japan… Everyone knew that trip was scheduled for months in advance…everyone, including Hulk Hogan.” The fans give out a big amount of Heat for the mention of Hulk Hogan.

“I know… I feel the exact same way about him now. I was disgusted by what I saw on Monday Nitro with Hulk Hogan and his thugs… The Outsiders or whatever they want to be called… You spit on the World Title Hogan and that doesn’t fly with me… not one bit.”The fans give a huge pop for this statement and Sting starts to get even more fired up. “Hogan, you want to come to Nitro when WCW isn’t at full force… you want to be a coward… you’re as yellow as the boots you were to the ring every time you wrestle… well, I challenge you to show up on Nitro this Monday night.” The fans give a big pop and even Mike Tenay gets fired up on commentary; already hyping a possible Hogan appearance for Nitro.

Sting starts to talk again, “Now, this is a message for Macho Man and Lex Luger… I need you two to put your differences aside and show up to Nitro together and on the same page. I need both of you at Nitro and prepared to fight. Hulk Hogan, you want to destroy WCW… you want to kill WCW… well listen to me closely Hogan… WCW WILL DIE OVER MY DEAD BODY.” And with that, Sting slams down the microphone down and exits the ring as Mike Tenay questions whether Hogan and The Outsiders will show up on Nitro. Larry wishes that Hogan would show up as we fade out to end the show.
    Last edited by Bigmc123; 07-10-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I think Wolfy mentioned in previous feedback that it’s basically becoming obligatory, but again, I need to comment on your opening commentary. Good stuff, Larry really having a dig at Hogan is good, shows how much of a big deal the NWO and Hogan turning heel is.

Double A continuing to defend his title on each show is great. Squashing Disco and then Wright afterwards has Anderson looking amazingly strong. If I had a complaint, I’d say I really want to see Arn putting on good matches most week with the TV Title as opposed to squashes. A personal preference thing, nothing wrong with this, but this TV Title could be a world of fun if it’s treated like some of WWE’s US Title Open Challenge stuff with Cena in the past. I mark for Double A anyway though so good stuff that he’s on each week.

I LOVE the idea of Regal having a declaration from the queen meaning he’s not competing tonight. Awesome play on his smarmy British character, really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to see where it goes if he continues to do this, which I assume he will.

Scotty Riggs calling out Buff now there’s a gap in the show makes sense. As usual, Bagwell’s arrogance was put across well. Whilst I like the idea of Buff throwing difficult opponents in Riggs’ way, considering the gap was unplanned, I don’t buy that Bagwell would be able to find somebody so quickly to step in for him. Outside of that, this was fine though.

Damn Riggs loves that Five Arm, seems like his only move lol. This is all fine and dandy though as far as I’m concerned. A big win for him, one of what feels like the first in forever. Makes sense to have him look credible for Bagwell though. Smart to let Raggs (lol) have his moment in the sun here.

The Thrill Seekers getting a win over The Nasty Boys is quite the big deal considering The Nasty Boys still have a solid rep at this point. Being they are the new kids on the block, I’m completely behind this Jericho/Storm push so long may it continue.

Hogan video was a nice reminder of what he can do, although not sure how I feel about him paying for it to air. Just in the sense that, the NWO have nobody in power with them yet, so surely these things would struggle to get airplay?

Hollywood Blondes need to keep winning to show how awesome they are. No dramas.

Another really good Hugh Morrus video. As I’ve mentioned previously, you’re writing these really bloody well.

Konnan paying respect to Great Muta was a fine start, and pretty much the stuff regarding DDP and the differences between them was all solid as well. The set up by DiBiase leading to the attack was nice, as was the swerve of Wallstreet stuffing up, only for DDP to land the killer blow. More heat for one of your more enjoyable angles, good stuff.

Glad to see the 6 Man Cruiserweight match get a good amount of time, and I thought the match in general was quite good. Booking wise as well, it makes sense for Malenko and Lynn to allow Walker to take the fall, whilst Mysterio nor the Guerrero’s could afford the loss. Booked well, in my opinion.

Harlem Heat/Steiner Brothers always going to be a fun main event for an episode of Thunder. I didn’t expect the other teams getting involved, but I like the idea of it showing how even the tag division is. Hollywoood Blondes stepping into the scene makes sense, although I think personally it’s probably still a little early for The Thrill Seekers. Still enjoyable stuff though and totally assuming we get some sort of 8 man… Not the first time this has happened to me today but lol, just read next paragraph and realised 8 man will happen next week.

Sting’s promo to end the show was exactly what it needed to be. The hate on Hogan being strategic with showing his face was good, and you portrayed Sting’s passion for ECW quite well. Luger and Savage is an interesting dynamic which was smart to touch on too. A solid way to end the show.

Another fun edition of the B show here. A couple of minor things I mentioned throughout but make no mistakes about it, this is still a very good read.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Goes without saying (even though I say it every show), but you nailed the announcer intro again. Loved fired up Larry. I don't know how I feel about you using him in an angle as we already got that irl, but if it's just him being a super fired up announcer hating what he's seeing, I love it.

Man you do NOT like Disco! First you call the team the Dancing Fools rather than the more legit Boogie Knights, then you have him job in 2 minutes! I'm a huge fan of Arn so I love you using him properly, but I love Disco around this time! Him not being able to work out how to do his own submission is one of my favourite jokes in wrestling history.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm British, but this Regal promo was a little awkward to me. It reads a like an American pretending to be British. Which I know is the case here, but it doesn't feel like Regal, given he's actually British and hence sounds more authentic. That said, I give you a tonne of credit for a really fun idea, and using that for the Scotty/Bagwell stuff to roll on (honestly, the segment leading to segment leading to segment stuff was some lovely tight booking), so me being pinickity on the British-isms feeling off is pretty unfair of me tbf.

Lol at the Comic Sans for the entrance theme. That's too funny. And to be honest, if 1996 me had actually had a computer I'd have loved the shit out of Comic Sans. I'm really loving their obnoxious babyface act, and calling their finisher the Thrill Seeking Missile Dropkick is fantastic if you came up with that yourself, really very witty. I do think that having them go over here and then get involved with some pretty big names later in the show is probably a little too much, too soon (Jericho really didn't become the guy we know and love for at least another year, and Storm probably more so), but I this is a really fun act despite that.

Nice to see the Blondes get a showcase match to see what they can do. Honestly, given you have them both still, I'd have really hoped they'd have had something bigger to do than what they have (you've changed history to have Brian Pillman and Steve friggin' Austin still on your roster, USE THEM!) but this is a decent step for them.

DDP and Konnan has been one of the low key highlights of this thread for some time, and that hasn't changed here.

Love the Cruiser 6 man! Exactly the type of stuff we need to be seeing more of around this time.

Nice to see the tag teams in the main. It might only be WCWSN, but it's a nice touch to make them feel important.

Great Sting promo. Really, really nice. Him being all fired up and making a call to arms to Lex and Savage... perfect. Great ending

All in all, while there were a few more things that I called out here than usual, I still bow to your ability to make a B show feel like a B show without losing any of the entertainment value. That takes some serious doing. Kudos.

Indy Talent

Status

Monday Nitro
    July 29 1996
    Disney MGM Studios
    Orlando, Florida

WCW Monday Nitro opens up with shots of the MGM Studios arena that we have seen on Nitro the last few weeks. After the Nitro opening video package, we head to the announcer’s booth where we see Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan. Tony welcomes us to Nitro and starts to shill the loaded card that we have for tonight. We learn that The Great Muta will be here tonight. Eric Bischoff confirms that Muta is here and will face off against Konnan tonight and if Konnan is successful against Great Muta then he will face Diamond Dallas Page for the United States Championship at Hog Wild.”Tony brings up that “The Faces of Fear will be in action and we will hear from Scotty Riggs, as well.”

Eric Bischoff tells us that Eddie Guerrero will be taking on the WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Dean Malenko, in a non-title match-up. Tony mentions that the Horsemen will be in action, albeit minus Ric Flair, who is on a promotional tour tonight. We learn that Arn Anderson will be teaming with Chris Benoit to take on the Dancing Fools. Eric jumps in to hype the huge Main Event for tonight; the 8-man tag match between The Steiner Brothers and The Thrill Seekers vs. Harlem Heat and The Hollywood Blondes. Tony is about to send it to the ring when Bobby Heenan interrupts him.

“So, are we just not going to talk about it,”asks Heenan. “Sting just invites those thugs to show up and I don’t even see any extra security around… Eric, what are you going to do to protect me… the answer is nothing Bischoff… That is why I have decided to take matters into my own hands.” Heenan stands up and grabs a microphone from a stagehand, takes off his headset and speaks into the microphone so that the fans in attendance can hear him. “Ladies and Gentlemen, and I use that term very loosely, I may just be speaking for myself or I may be speaking for everyone in WCW, but I do not feel safe at my broadcast location… Now, when The Brain doesn’t feel safe, he does something about it.” A loud “Weasel, Weasel” chant starts up that frustrates Bobby for a moment, but he starts right back up. “If you Humanoids would quiet down for a moment, I would like to introduce you to my personal Security Guard… Let me introduce you to Scott Norton.”

Scott Norton comes out to little reaction as he is wearing a pair of blue jeans and a tank top to show off his muscular physique. Scott walks up to the announcer’s booth and stands next to Heenan’s chair with his arms crossed as Bobby sits back down. The next thing we hear is the music of Sting as the fans go wild for their face-painted hero.

We cut to the ringside area where we see Sting making his way down to the ring. He has on bright yellow and blue face-paint and matching tights. Sting slaps hands with a few fans that are sitting by the ring and then Sting steps into the ring after getting a microphone from Dave Penzer. Sting lets out a HOWL to the crowd before speaking on the mic. HOGAN… NASH… HALL… I am not waiting any longer… you want everything to be on your time, but now your on MY TIME… WCW’S TIME… and you need to get out here right now.” The fans let out a roar of approval as Sting starts back up, “Hogan… I really can’t believe that you did this to all your fans… to all your friends,” Sting says as he points to himself. “So come out, come out wherever you are cause The Stinger is ready to FIGHT.”

Sting waits for a few moments, but when he doesn’t see anyone coming towards the ring, he gets back on the microphone. “Come on y’all… I’m all alone… you like to jump people 3 on 1 don’t ya… well come and GET SOME!!!” Sting looks around all four sides of the ring, anticipating that the three may be coming from anywhere in the parking lot. Sting seems to give up on them coming to the ring now and transitions to the other reason he came to the ring. “Since it looks like those three don’t want to come out and play… there is some other business that I need to attend to… Macho, I need you to come out here… we have to talk.”

The music of Randy Savage hits and the fans give a big pop for the Macho Man, who comes out in his ring gear. Macho plays up to the crowd before stepping into the ring with a microphone. “I’m only out here because I respect you Brother… UH HUH… BUT don’t try to do anything cute,” says Savage. Sting starts up, “Macho, I am not here to do anything but talk. We need to have a talk… We have to put our personal issues aside to fight a bigger fight… We got three men trying to destroy WCW… that means we don’t have a place to work… a place to earn money… Now, what I need you to do is put aside your issues with Lex and –“

“NO WAY… NO HOW,” interrupts Macho. “NOT HAPPENING… NOT NOW… NOT NEVER… DTA…DON’T… TRUST… ANYONE.”Macho starts to pace back and forth as Sting begins to talk again, “Macho –” The music of “The Total Package” Lex Luger plays, interrupting Sting. The fans give a warm reception to Luger, clearly the least loud pop of the three men in the ring. Luger makes his way to the ring and steps into the ring after trying to clap hands with some of the fans, but only getting a few fans to return the hand clap. Luger steps into the ring, asks for Sting’s microphone and then begins to speak, “Stinger, BEST FRIEND, I haven’t heard from you… I need to know, do you accept my apology…. Come on Sting, I need to know.”

Sting takes the microphone from Luger, “Of course I do Lex, but this isn’t about apologies… this is about coming together and UNIFYING against Hall, Nash, and Hogan. So if you want to apologize to someone, I need you to apologize to Macho Man.” “DON’T WANT IT,” declares Macho Man. “Don’t want it… don’t need it… Don’t trust him… Don’t trust ANYONE.” Luger interjects, “See, Sting… you need to leave Macho alone… he won’t trust anyone, which means he can’t be trusted… so, you need to stick with your BEST FRIEND.” Macho Man pushes Luger and we have a brawl on out hands. Luger and Macho Man are throwing punches back and forth as Sting tries to bring the fight up. Sting grabs Macho from behind to pull him off Lex, but only gets a back elbow to the face for his troubles. Macho turns around and sees Sting grabbing at his face. Sting questions Macho on why he elbowed him, but Macho just steps out of the ring as Luger checks on his Best Friend while we head to commercial break.

Commercial Break

Monday Nitro returns with the music of Eddie Guerrero, who comes out to a big pop from the crowd. His nephew, Chavo Guerrero Jr., accompanies Eddie to the ring. Eddie is in his ring gear as we are about to get our opening contest of Nitro. Eddie and Chavo slap hands with some fans before Eddie rolls into the ring, as Chavo stays ringside.

“Iceman” plays as the Cruiserweight Champion; Dean Malenko makes his way out to the ring. Malenko is wearing his Cruiserweight Championship around his waist and his protégé; Jerry Lynn is following his out to the ring. The crowd is raining down boos to the duo, but they take it in stride as they walk to the ring. Malenko steps into the ring as Lynn stays at ringside. Dean hands over his title to the referee and this match is underway.

Non-Title Cruiserweight Match
    Dean Malenko © w/ Jerry Lynn vs. Eddie Guerrero w/ Chavo Guerrero Jr.

The match starts out slow with both men taking careful time to feel each other out with some chain wrestling. Neither man gets the advantage on the chain wrestling and after about 2 minutes, Eddie hits an arm-drag to Dean who follows up with an arm-drag of his own to Guerrero. Eddie returns the favor with a hip-toss only to be taken down with a hip-toss from Malenko. Eddie rolls up and sweeps the leg of Malenko, who rolls over and sweeps the leg of Guerrero. Both men get to their feet and face-off as the crowd chants for Eddie. We aren’t quite in the era of WCW where this exchange would get a round of applause from the crowd.
    The two go for a lock-up, but Dean lands a knee to the gut and then a hard right hand to the face, thus taking this from a traditional wrestling match to more of a fight. Dean sends Eddie off to the other side of the ring, looking to hit a clothesline when Guerrero comes back at him, but Eddie is able to leap up into a crucifix pin that gets a two. Both men are on their feet and Eddie lands a flying head scissors that sends Dean to the outside. Malenko and Jerry Lynn huddle up to try to game-plan, but they don’t have much time to do any game planning because Eddie comes over the top rope with a slingshot dive that whips out both Dean and Jerry. Eddie plays to the crowd after the big high spot for 1996 before grabbing Dean and tossing him back into the ring. Eddie goes to get back into the ring, but is stopped by Jerry Lynn grabbing his ankle. Malenko takes advantage by landing a baseball slide to the face of Guerrero.

Malenko lets Guerrero roll back into the ring, which he does at the count of seven. As soon as Eddie is in the ring, Dean is on the attack. Malenko works over the back of Guerrero, possibly to soften Eddie up for the Texas Cloverleaf. Dean hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker that only gets a two count from referee Randy Anderson. Dean starts to pick up the intensity and lands some stiff knee strikes to the lower back of Eddie. Dean whips Guerrero hard into the turnbuckle and then into the other turnbuckle on the other side of the ring. Eddie stumbles out of the corner and into a hip-toss backbreaker combination from Dean. Malenko goes for the cover, albeit a lackadaisical cover and only gets a two count. Malenko starts to show some frustration as he begins to slap the back of Eddie’s head. Dean is yelling at Guerrero, but this only seems to invigorate Eddie, who gets to his feet and starts to land right hands to Malenko as the fans start to get behind Eddie.
    Eddie lands a few forearms in rapid secession and then whips Dean into the ropes. Eddie goes for a slam, but Dean slips behind him and grabs a waist lock. Malenko lands a German Suplex to Guerrero, Dean bridges into a pin, but only gets a two count. Dean starts to really show his frustration at this point as Eddie is making his way to his feet and heads to the far turnbuckle. Jerry Lynn screams words of encouragement into the ring at Dean, who gets to his feet and charges at Guerrero. Eddie reverses into a sunset flip for a two count. Dave Penzer announces that there is one minute remaining in the time limit. Both men get to their feet and Dean catches Eddie with a small package for a two count. The fans are on their feet for the last 45 seconds of action as “The Iceman” whips Eddie into the turnbuckle and then charges at him. Eddie goes up and over Dean, landing behind him. Eddie schoolboys Dean with 30 seconds left but is only able to get a two count. Eddie gets to his feet only to have his leg sweeped out from underneath him as Dean covers him for two. Dean gets to his feet and is frustrated that he can’t pin Eddie as Jerry is yelling for him to stay on the attack. Eddie sweeps the leg of Dean and pins him for a two count with 10 seconds remaining. Both men get to their feet as Penzer is counting down.

9…
    8…

Eddie and Dean are staring at each other…

7…

6…
    5…

They charge at each other…

4…

3…

They begin punching each other…

2…

1…

The bell rings as Eddie and Dean are still fighting in the middle of the ring. The bell continues to ring as Eddie and Dean are throwing punches at each other.

Official Decision – Time Limit Draw

Chavo goes to step into the ring to get his Uncle away from Dean when somehow Jerry Lynn is behind Chavo and pulls him down from the apron and then tosses Chavo into the steel steps. Jerry Lynn steps into the ring and goes after Eddie. Lynn spins Guerrero around and goes to punch him, but Eddie blocks it and lands a hard right hand of his own. It looks like Eddie is going be able to fight Lynn off, but Malenko attacks Guerrero with a knee to the back. Malenko starts to direct traffic as he tells Lynn to set up for the Tornado DDT. At this time, Rey Mysterio Jr. runs to the ring and springboards into the ring with a double dropkick to both Malenko and Jerry. Dean rolls to the outside, leaving Lynn in the ring by himself. Rey grabs Jerry and sends him into the waiting arms of Eddie Guerrero, who drops Lynn with a Brainbuster. Dean grabs Lynn’s foot and pulls him out of the ring as we get a close up shot of Eddie telling Mysterio that Eddie will be Rey’s partner at Hog Wild. Chavo gets into the ring as we head to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

Monday Nitro returns to the announce booth as Tony Schiavone recaps what happened before the break and Eric Bischoff says, “It is official… Rey Mysterio Jr. and Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko and Jerry Lynn… If Mysterio wins, then he gets a title match against Dean Malenko for the Cruiserweight Championship.” Tony sets up another Hugh Morrus video vignette and once again… be prepared for some weirdness here.

The screen starts off black as we slowly fade in on a dark room… the same room that we originally saw Hugh Morrus in when we began this look into what Hugh has become since being kicked out of the Dungeon. The same one hanging light is swaying above the rocking chair that we finally see that Hugh Morrus is sitting in. Hugh is rocking back and forth in the chair with his hair in front of his eyes as he begins to SING, you read that right, SING into the camera.

“1…2…Hugh’s coming for you…”
    “3…4… knock down the door…”

“5…6… break the sticks…”
    “7…8… full of hate…”

9…10… you’ll never walk again…”

We hear a door open as Hugh stops rocking in his chair and flips his hair backwards, thus flipping that switch to a more stoic Morrus. Hugh looks up and a smile spreads across his face as we hear him shout, “KEVIN.”True to Hugh’s words, in walks Kevin Sullivan. He has demonic symbols written on his forehead and black eyeliner as it looks like he is going back towards more of “Devil Worshipper” Kevin Sullivan than “Taskmaster” Sullivan. Kevin walks over to Hugh and puts his hands on Hugh’s head. “Son, thank you for searching for me… It is time that we make our mark… come with me.” Kevin moves his hand off of Hugh and starts to walk out the room as Morrus follows him
    We head back to the ringside area where we see that Scott and Steve Armstrong are already in the ring awaiting their opponents, The Faces of Fear. We hear the music of the Faces of Fear play as the crowd gives the team a fair amount of heat that only grows when Jimmy Hart starts yelling into his megaphone, “the legacy of the Road Warriors is around the necks of MY Faces of Fear.” Meng and Barbarian get into the ring as the referee calls for the bell.

Tag Team Match
    The Armstrongs vs. Faces of Fear

I am not going to waste much time on this match, as we all know the outcome. Meng and Barbarian don’t even make any tags in and out as they just destroy Scott and Steve with a Big Boot from Barbarian and a Tongan Spike from Meng. A Fear Bomb to Steve Armstrong gives the win to the Faces of Fear.

Winner at 1:35 – Faces of Fear

After the match, Meng and Barbarian continue the attack on the Armstrongs as Jimmy Hart is yelling directions. Jimmy hands them the Spike Necklaces and it looks like Meng and Barbarian are going to stab Scott and Steve with the Spike when the fans erupt. The cause of the eruption is revealed to be Hawk and Animal, the Road Warriors, rushing to the ring. The Faces of Fear turn their attention to Hawk and Animal who are now in the ring. The four men are brawling with each other as security runs down to try to break them up. It is no use as the four men cannot be stopped and only want to destroy each other. Meng and Animal end up throwing a security guard or three down as more security makes it way to the ring.

JJ Dillon comes down with the second wave of security and he has a mic in his hand. STOP IT RIGHT NOW… I will not have this.” JJ’s pleas are met with deaf ears, as there isn’t much that is going to be able to stop these four behemoths when they are fighting. “If you four do not stop… you will be fired on the spot… Jimmy, I am serious… you will lose your meal ticket.” Jimmy starts to holler into the megaphone for his men to back off as the security grabs ahold of Hawk and Animal. JJ, finally seeing that the brawling has stalled, begins to talk. “Now listen, this is going to end once and for all at HOG WILD… It’s going to be a South Dakota Street Fight.” The fans pop huge for this announcement as Dillon finishes up, “And to sweeten the pot a little more, the winner of the match will be the automatic challengers for the Tag Team Titles.” The fans pop huge as Jimmy Hart takes his men to the back as we fade to commercial.

Commercial Break

Monday Nitro returns to the ringside area as we see “Mean” Gene Okerlund inside the ring. Gene has a microphone and begins to talk, “Welcome back to Monday Nitro, wrestling fans. My guest at this time is a former member of the tag team, the American Males… please welcome Scotty Riggs.” The fans give a small pop for the arrival of Scotty Riggs as he comes out in blue jean shorts and a black leather vest. Riggs shows off his forearm, as we all know that Riggs is using the Five-Arm as a new finisher. Riggs gets into the ring as the crowd starts to quiet down. Gene begins to interview Riggs asking him, “Scotty, if you could talk to us a little bit about the split of the American Males. It seemed to have came out of nowhere.”

Riggs takes a moment to consider the question from Okerlund before saying, “Gene, I really don’t know how to answer that question. It really blindsided me… I mean, Marcus and I were doing great as a team… we were working our way up the ladder in the tag team division and I know we would be able to take down Harlem Heat and win the Tag Titles again.” Riggs takes a moment, showing some frustration that he isn’t going to be able to fulfill that proclamation before starting up again. “But all that is for naught Gene, because Marcus Bagwell decided that he didn’t want to be an American Male anymore. Well, I tell you this… I am not going to be the American Male that goes to the wayside… That is NOT going to happen Marcus.”

The fans give a small pop for the fire of Scotty Riggs as Gene continues to talk to Riggs, “Scotty, as we all saw on WCW Saturday Night, you called out Buff Bagwell and he got his way out of the match by having you face off against Big Bubba… a match that you won, may I add.” Scotty gets even more fired up as he says, “You’re exactly right Gene… but Marcus will not be able to worm his way out of this… Marcus Bagwell, I challenge you to a match at Hog Wild and there isn’t going to be any way that you will be able to get out of this one… JJ Dillon has said that you will have to face me at Hog Wild and there will not be a replacement.” The fans do give a pretty good pop for another match announcement for the upcoming Pay Per View. Okerlund wraps the interview up as we head to the announcer’s booth.

Tony Schiavone gives us a recap of the matches that have been added to Hog Wild tonight; The Road Warriors vs. The Faces of Fear in a South Dakota Street Fight and Rey Mysterio Jr. and Eddie Guerrero vs. Jerry Lynn and Cruiserweight Champion, Dean Malenko. Eric Bischoff speaks about how the matches have big repercussions in the Tag and Cruiserweight Title scenes, as each match is a #1 Contenders match. We see that Scott Norton is still standing next to Bobby Heenan as Schiavone as Heenan if Norton is going to be there all night. Heenan replies, “Yes he is Schiavone… I cannot guarantee my safety and I am not going to be going anywhere without Scott Norton… This man will not leave my side and there isn’t anything that you or Bischoff can do about it.” With that Tony Schiavone tells us, “The Horsemen will be in action after this time-out.”

Commercial Break

Monday Nitro returns to the music of Alex Wright and Disco Inferno, The Dancing Fools. Alex and Disco dance their way down to the ring to a chorus of boos from the fans at the MGM Studios. Disco enters the ring as Alex is trying to dance for a young blonde in the VIP section; however, she does not want any part of what Alex is dishing out. Eventually, Wright gives up and steps into the ring, joining Disco to await their opponents.

We hear Running Horses as the fans give an initial pop for the Horsemen, but it turns to some heat as Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit make their way to the ring with Woman on the arm of Chris Benoit. The two members of the Horsemen do not acknowledge the crowd at all, which causes the fans to give some more heat to the team. Arn and Benoit head into the ring to start the match.

Tag Team Match
    Dancing Fools vs. Arn Anderson/Chris Benoit

Disco and Benoit start the match and Chris keeps control of Disco with his technical expertise. This match looks like it is going to be over relatively quickly as Benoit tags in the Television Champion, Arn Anderson into the ring. The commentators make mention multiple times throughout the match about how Anderson has been defending his title on every show and how that can take its toll on a wrestler, not just physically but mentally as well. Anderson seems to be off a step as Disco and Alex use some nefarious means to get the advantage with Alex landing a knee to the lower back of Anderson as he hit the ropes near Alex Wright.

The Dancing Fools attack the ribs of Arn throughout the next few moments of the match. Alex and Disco make quick tags in and out of the ring as they keep the fresh man in the ring. Alex hits a bridging German Suplex to Arn, but Chris breaks it up at a count of two. The referee tries to get Benoit out of the ring, which allows the Dancing Fools to double-team Anderson. After a few more moments of attacks to the ribs of Anderson, Arn is able to reverse Disco and gets his way to his corner and tags in Benoit. Chris comes in a house of fire and just destroys Disco and Alex, showing that a well-rested Arn would have been able to do the same thing if he was fully rested. Benoit lands a Dragon Suplex to Alex and then forces Disco to tap out to the Crippler Crossface.

Winner at 6:20 – Chris Benoit & Arn Anderson

After the match, Benoit kicks Disco and Alex out of the ring and then Benoit checks on Anderson as Woman steps into the ring. Out of nowhere, Kevin Sullivan attacks Benoit from behind as he came through the crowd. Arn tries to get over to Benoit, but he is pulled out of the ring by the Dancing Fools. Alex proceeds to throw Arn rib-first into the apron and then Disco grabs a steel chair and jabs it into the ribs of Anderson. Arn tries to get back into the ring, but is pulled back out by Alex Wright and hit into the ribs once again by Disco and his steel chair. Inside the ring, Benoit and Sullivan are throwing some of the stiffest punches that you could imagine at each other as they eventually make their way out of the ring.

At the same time, Hugh Morrus makes his way to the ring and throws Alex and Disco out of the way. Hugh grabs Arn and tosses him into the ring. Hugh steps into the ring and right into a hard right hand from Arn. Hugh allows for the punch to register, but snaps his head back at Anderson, which causes his hair to flip in front of his face. Tony Schiavone makes it known that this seems to be the signal that flips a switch in Morrus. Hugh just starts to laugh at Anderson and then lands a hard kick to the gut of Hugh. Anderson doubles over as Hugh grabs hold of Anderson and sends him into the ropes. When Anderson comes off, Hugh hits him with a spinning sidewalk slam, similar to the Black Hole Slam that Abyss is known for. Woman gets into the ring and tries to attend to as it looks like Hugh is backing off; however, all of a sudden, Hugh circles back and he grabs ahold of Woman.

There is a hushed silence that falls over the crowd as this psychotic madman has his hands on Woman. Even Bobby Heenan is saying that this is to far as Hugh has his hands around her neck. There are multiple referees that have come out trying to plead with Hugh to let Woman go. Hugh still has a vice-like grip on Woman as security runs down. The referees tell the security to back up as Hugh is yelling for, “the security gets out of here or SHE GETS IT.” The security backs up for the safety of Woman as Hugh starts to yell at Arn. “Fulfill your Promises… Do what you say you were going to do… Fight me for your title… Kevin wants the belt… I WANT THE BELT… Do it or I’ll break her neck.” The referees start to freak out and plead with Morrus to let Woman go as Arn makes his way to his feet. Anderson looks at Hugh and screams, “You’re on… now let her go.” Hugh pushes Woman into Arn, who catches her and places her on the canvas.

Television Championship Match
    Arn Anderson © vs. Hugh Morrus

Morrus attacks Arn right away and hits him with the same move that he knocked him out with before, the Black Hole Slam. Hugh hops to the top rope and lands a NO LAUGHING MATTER and we have a NEW TV Champion.

Winner at 0:30 – Hugh Morrus

The announcers put over what a shock it is that Hugh Morrus just defeated Arn Anderson and we now have a not very stable man representing WCW as the Television Champion. Eric sends it to commercial with the promise of the Nasty Boys after the commercial break.

Monday Nitro returns to the Nasty Boys in the ring awaiting their opponents for the evening. However, the music of the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, The Giant, plays as the fans give a decent pop for the champion. Giant has his World Title around his waist as he walks to the ring with a purpose. Giant steps over the top rope and walks right up to Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags. He grabs them around their necks and Chokeslams them down to the canvas. The fans give a huge pop for the Chokeslam, as The Giant demands a microphone, which Dave Penzer gives him.

“HOGAN… I’VE TAKEN OUT EVERYONE THAT EVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU… YOU ARE GOING TO FIGHT ME AT HOG WILD… AND I’M EVEN GOING PUT THE BELT ON THE LINE BECAUSE I KNOW THAT’S THE ONLY WAY YOUR COWARD A** IS GOING TO FIGHT ME.”

The Giant throws the microphone down and raises his arm in the air, signaling the Chokeslam as the fans go crazy for the fired up approach of The Giant and especially the call for the chokeslam. We head back to the announcer’s booth where Tony Schiavone is trying to buy some time after the last segment was cut short. Eventually, Eric just throws it to a video package on Hog Wild, albeit the video takes a moment to start up just to make it more realistic that the format was messed up by The Giant’s interruption.

We open with a shot of bikers riding their Harley Davidson Motorcycles and then we fade to different wrestling action. We cut between the bikers and the wrestlers before we hear the voice-over guy say “On August 10th, World Championship Wrestling goes Hog Wild.”
    Commercial Break

Monday Nitro returns to the music of Konnan as the fans go wild for the Mexican Superstar, who comes to the ring in his brightly attired wrestling gear. Konnan slaps hands with some fans in the stands and then slides into the ring.

***SELF HIGH-FIVE***

We hear the music of Diamond Dallas Page hit as the fans instantly start to give major amounts of heat to Page and his cronies, Dibiase and Wallstreet. Page has a microphone with him and as he walks down to the ring, he is talking. “Konnan… Amigo… Holmes… Ese… Can you comprehend me?” The fans give Page some significant heat for his blatant bit of racism before Page starts up again. “Now that I have all of y’alls attention… I have a very important announcement to make... DDP will not be defending his title at Hog Wild.” More heat comes down onto Page causing Page to stop his verbal tirade. Page tries to start up again, but is drowned out by the fans. Finally, it gets to be too much for Page and he yells into the microphone, “SHHHUUUUTTTTT UPPPPP.”This quiets the crowd down enough for Page to get in his next few words, “Like I was saying, I will not be defending my title because Konnan isn’t going to be able to earn his opportunity back because he has one last test and GOOOD GAWWWWD is it a hell of a test. Konnan, get ready for THE GREAT MUTA.”

We hear the music of Muta hit as he comes out to a respectful pop from the crowd. Sonny Onoo is with Muta, revealing that he is the Japanese businessman that Dibiase has been working with. Muta is in his full get up, face-paint and all as he makes his way to the ring. Muta bows to Dibiase, encouraged by Onoo, before getting into the ring.

Singles Match
    Konnan vs. Great Muta

Contrary to how DDP would want the match to start, Konnan gets the slight advantage to start the match. The men are chain wrestling and Konnan is using his size advantage to get the momentum in his favor. However, Muta uses his speed to work his way away from Konnan and into the advantage. Konnan is able to reverse a hammerlock into a headlock. Muta lands some quick elbows that loosen the grip of the headlock that Konnan has on Muta. Muta is able to send Konnan into the ropes, but Konnan knocks Muta to the canvas with a shoulder block. Konnan hits the parallel ropes as Muta dives at his feet and then Muta leapfrogs Konnan as he runs towards Muta. The Great Muta lands a quick back kick to Konnan and then takes over with some rapid-fire kicks to the quads of Konnan.

The Great Muta keeps control of the match for the next few moments until he goes for his patented handspring back elbow into the corner, but Konnan moves out of the way. Now the momentum swings in favor of the former U.S. champion as he takes over until he misses a splash attempt in the corner. This match is going back and forth with no man getting the momentum for more than a minute or so. Konnan finally gets to get a sustained amount of momentum, but the entourage on the outside of the ring is able to distract Konnan enough to allow for Muta to get the advantage; however, Muta does not take the opportunity and this draws the ire of Dallas Page. Muta and Page have a moment where it looks like they are going to come to blows, but Onoo and Dibiase are able to calm things down.
    Muta turns away from DDP and right into a huge clothesline from Konnan, who gets a two count with his attempted cover. Konnan keeps on the offense, but is unable to get the victory. Once again, Page’s entourage helps Muta get the advantage and this time after some encouraging from Sonny Onoo, Muta takes the advantage and climbs to the top rope. Muta is looking for his spectacular MOONSAULT, but Konnan moves out of the way. Konnan makes it to his feet and hits his ROLLING CLOTHESLINE and then locks in the TEQUILA SUNRISE for the tap out victory.

Winner at 8:29 – Konnan

After the match, Konnan rolls out of the ring as DDP and his entourage make their way into the ring. Page instantly starts to yell at Muta, even going as far to smack him across the back of the head. Page is yelling at Muta, who finally is getting to his feet. Muta looks up with a fire in his eyes and starts to head towards DDP. Immediately, VK Wallstreet steps in front of Muta and DDP. Sonny Onoo, trying to protect his payday, tries to calm Muta down. At the same time, Konnan steps back into the ring and goes after Dibiase. Ted calls for Page and VK Wallstreet as he hightails it out of the ring. Konnan lands a stiff right hand to Wallstreet as Muta spins Page around to face him. Muta goes to spit MIST into the face of Page, but Dallas pulls Wallstreet into the line of fire and it is VK Wallstreet that takes a face full of Mist. Page turns around into a Rolling Clothesline from Konnan and rolls out of the ring. Konnan and Muta share a handshake as we head off to commercial.

Commercial Break

Monday Nitro returns to the sound of Running Horses as the fans boo for Steve Austin and Brian Pillman. The Hollywood Blondes come out in matching vests and black tights. Austin is straight-faced and focused whilst Pillman is all over the place as he walks down to the ring. He even goes as far as grabbing a soda out of the hand of a fan and gulping it down before sliding into the ring where Austin is waiting for him.

“Rap Sheet” plays over the loudspeakers as the fans give a huge amount of heat to the WCW Tag Team Champions, Harlem Heat. Sister Sherri and Bobby Walker, who are still joined at each other’s hips, join Booker T and Stevie Ray. The couple makes out some on the outside to the displeasure of the crowd as Harlem Heat enters the ring and walks over to the Blondes with their belts held high. We get a very telling shot of Austin and Pillman eyeing the titles before we cut to the entranceway.

~~~~SEEK THEM THRILLS~~~~~

The music of the upbeat, white-meat baby-faces hits as the kids go wild for The Thrill Seekers. Chris Jericho and Lance Storm walk out to the ring, smacking hands with all the kids and some of the women in the crowd before standing outside the ring, awaiting their partners.

“Steinerized” hits as the fans give a huge for Rick and Scott, The Steiner Brothers. The brothers come out in their Michigan jacket and multi-colored singlets. The fans are barking for Rick Steiner and he responds back with a few barks of his own. The Steiners meet up with Jericho and Storm before the baby-faces step into the ring, now at full strength.

8-Man Tag Team Match
    Hollywood Blondes/Harlem Heat © vs. Steiner Bros/Thrill Seekers

The match starts with Jericho and Booker T doing some chain wrestling. Neither man is able to get an advantage and after a few reversals, they tag in their respective partners. Stevie Ray and Lance Storm check in to the match and Stevie uses his power to get the advantage for a moment; however, Storm uses his speed to take over and lands a beautiful dropkick to Stevie Ray. Stevie scoots into his corner and Austin tags himself into the match. This seems to irritate the members of Harlem Heat, but Austin just steps into the ring completely ignoring the look on Stevie Ray’s face. Austin and Storm locks up and Steve takes Lance down to the canvas by his rat-tail. Austin starts to put the boots to Lance and then picks him up for a big body slam. He drags Storm over to the heel corner before tagging in his normal tag team partner, Brian Pillman.

The Loose Cannon comes into the ring and continues the attack on Storm. Pillman hits a few moves before starting to get cocky and becoming lackadaisical in the ring. Booker T starts to yell into the ring for Pillman to focus, but this only makes Brian want to have even more fun. He starts to yell at some fans and this allows Storm to get a schoolboy attempt that only gets two. Sister Sherri starts to yell now, which causes Booker and Stevie to get even more fired up. Steve Austin starts to argue on the apron and it looks like the heel quartet is having some problems cooperating. Storm tries to get to his corner, but Pillman stops Storm by grabbing his leg. Lance goes for a Enzuigiri, but Pillman ducks and pull him back into the middle of the ring. Brian lets go of Lance’s foot and yells over to Harlem Heat, “This is how you handle punks, BROTHA.” At that exact moment, Lance makes a diving leap and tags in Scott Steiner. Scott comes into the ring and lands a huge Steinerline to Pillman, damn near knocking him out of his boots. Austin comes into the ring and takes a Steinerline of his own as we head to commercial break.

Commercial Break

Monday Nitro returns with Chris Jericho in the ring with Booker T. Jericho still has the advantage for his team, but a distraction from Sister Sherri and Bobby Walker causes Booker to get the advantage. However, the distraction doesn’t go unnoticed by the referee, who decides to toss Sherri and Walker out from ringside instead of tossing the Main Event of Nitro out. Sherri is throwing a fit as Walker is trying to get her away from the ringside area and eventually he just puts her over his shoulder and carries her out, kicking and screaming. Inside the ring, Booker has tagged in his brother, Stevie Ray, and the Tag Champs hit a big double-team move onto Jericho. Stevie sends Chris into the corner and follows in with a huge clothesline. Booker T and Stevie Ray tag in and out of the ring, each stomping on Jericho for 4 seconds, in a double-team similar to the Unicorn Stampede of the New Day; however, Harlem Heat calls it Assault and Battery. Brian Pillman, taking things into his own hands, tags himself into the match and starts to stomp on Jericho. Pillman tags out to Austin, who comes in and stomps away at Jericho. Stevie, taking umbrage with this act of the Hollywood Blondes, forcibly tags himself into the match. He sends Jericho into a neutral corner and then starts to yell at the Blondes. After wasting some time, Stevie Ray charges at Jericho only to eat a boot to the face from Jericho.

The fans start to cheer as Jericho makes his way to his corner. It takes a few crawls, but Jericho is able to get the tag into Scott Steiner. Scott heads into ring and knocks Stevie down. Booker comes into the ring and eats a hip-toss. Steiner is yelling for Pillman and Austin to step into the ring, but they look at each other and laugh. The Blondes drop off the apron and walk to the back as the fans boo the coward-ness of Austin and Pillman. Scott tags in Rick, who climbs to the top rope and comes off onto Stevie with the Steiner Bulldog as Scotty Steiner tosses Booker out of the ring.

Winners at 13:50 – Steiner Brothers/Thrill Seekers

After the match, the Steiners and the Seekers celebrate in the middle of the ring and then Chris and Lance go into the crowd to celebrate with the fans, as per usual. We get shots of the Steiners signaling for the tag team titles as Harlem Heat slowly make their way to the back, but not before grabbing their belts and holding them high in the air. Harlem Heat is clearly showing that they are still the champions, much to the chagrin of Rick and Scott Steiner.

Commercial Break

WCW Monday Nitro returns to the announce team as Eric Bischoff is recapping the show and giving us a run-down of the new matches added tonight for Hog Wild. He leaves the status of the World Title match up in the air and says that he hopes to hear from Hogan next week. Bobby Heenan immediately jumps in, “What do you mean that you want to hear from Hogan… I don’t want to hear from that man… don’t want to see that man… don’t want to know anything about that man… You seem to keep –“

Tony Schiavone cuts off Bobby Heenan, “Bobby, I don’t mean to interrupt, but we need to send it to ringside. Sting is making his way back out to the ring.” Before we cut to the ring, we see Bobby talking to Scott Norton presumably telling him to be on the lookout for Hogan or the Outsiders.

Sting is walking to the ring with a purpose as he grabs a microphone from Dave Penzer and heads into the ring. “HOGAN… HALL… NASH… I have given you all night; you cowards and you still haven’t shown your face. I was asking… now I’m DEMANDING that you come out here now.” The fans give a huge pop for this fired up version of Sting, but we still don’t see Hogan or Nash or Hall anywhere. Sting is fuming inside the ring as we see a limo pull up in the parking lot area next to the entrance set. Sting sees the limousine and gets back on the mic, “Finally, you three want to show that you have some guts. Come on over here… I’m the only one in the ring… isn’t that how you like it… 3 on 1, right.”

Sting waits a few more moments before finally deciding that he may have to make the first move. “Well, it looks like I’ll just have to bring the fight to you then.” Sting steps out of the ring and walks over to the limo. Lex Luger runs out from backstage and joins Sting, just trying to suck up to his best friend. Luger and Sting open the door, but no one is in the limo. Sting reaches in and pulls out a black wreath with a purple and gold banner on it. The banner read “RIP WCW” on it. Sting shows it off to the camera as Tony Schiavone reminds us what Sting said on WCW Saturday Night about WCW dying over Sting’s dead body. The last shot we see on Monday Nitro is Sting throwing the wreath on the concrete and stomping the wreath.
    Last edited by Bigmc123; 08-23-2019 at 02:26 AM.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Good start to the show with Heenan following up on his threats and getting a bodyguard, and Scott Norton is as good a pick as any. As garbage as he is, he looks perfect for this kind of role. Definitely does a lot for the sense of threat lingering over the company with the nWo too. It was a slightly odd dynamic for the big reveal on the mic and then Bobby just sits back down on commentary again and the show continues, but appreciate that debuting a bodyguard for an announcer is a hard thing to do organically. I appreciate that you really sowed the seeds for this happening over a few weeks too.

Also enjoyed Sting calling out the nWo, and I think you did a good job on his mannerisms. Sting's a hard one to write for because he's not a typical talker in the way Flair or someone is, but he's got so much energy and charisma that it makes him a really underrated mic man imo, and that came across well here. I also liked the way you wrote for Savage (as always), and this whole thing between the 3 of them is really interesting. I like that you've continued with the Luger angle even though the nWo are here, as him as Sting's heel best friend was a lot of fun. Also enjoying Savage seeming like the lone avenger type instead of Sting. A lot of fun there. The only misstep in my opinion was the transition between the nWo bit and the Savage bit. Felt like you wrote the Savage angle then realised you needed Sting to talk about the nWo and crammed it in front. "You need to get out here right now" very quickly became "well, you're not coming, so I'll move on", which was a bit jarring. It's a small thing, but this is a great thread and it's only the small bits that need tweaking.

Great segment with Malenko, Guerrero and Mysterio. Putting a great long match like that on, and having it play organically to the existing Mysterio stuff, is all good stuff.

Loving Hugh Morrus! I have so much time for bookers who bother to give the undercard guys stuff to do without overplaying it and treating them like they're bigger than they are, and you're doing that brilliantly with Morrus and now Sullivan too, and coming after your great DDP booking as well. Fun segment.

I'm starting to get a little burned out on the Faces of Fear and Road Warriors I'm afraid. Think we burned through it all a bit too quickly if I'm honest. The big stip match indicates that it must be coming to an end, though, so it should be a fitting end. And that's a match that the bikers will love, too, so I give you credit for that.

Good job giving Riggs a bit of mic time. We all know Bagwell is the guy you'll be using going forward, but as a booker you have to try and convince us that isn't what's going to happen. By giving him a bit of focus here goes a long way to making him seem legit and not just the guy Bagwell has to beat to move on up, so kudos.

Whoa! You're really getting behind Hugh Morrus! Ballsy as hell to go with that segment... but I loved it! It totally paid off in my eyes. I had no idea this was the route you were going with it, but to have Hugh show that side of himself and essentially cheat to win the belt (but without actually cheating) is fantastic. You've just legimitised that character in one segment and I really buy him as more than just the guy who became Hugh G Rection now. He's never going to be a huge star, but you've made him as a proper, legit midcard guy for me now. Great, great stuff.

I liked the idea behind the Giant segment a lot. I do think you maybe could have padded it out in your description, though. While Giant was no-nonsense there, it doesn't mean you can't explain what is going on in more than seven sentences. I'd have liked to see you really spelling out the way the Nasties react, the way he grabs them both by the throat and squeezes the life out of them, the impact of the Chokeslams, etc. Just to make it feel more important, you know?

Surprised you had Muta debut after so much hype only to tap out clean tbh. I liked the post match with Wallstreet taking the mist and the respect between Muta and Konnan, though, and DDP continues to be a great chickenshit heel.

Good main event, and nice to see some fresh faces in there. Steiners look like the big stars of the tag division, as they absolutely should. I'm still not fully getting why you had Pillman and Austin come back though, as their return should have been a huge deal and yet they're the fourth most featured team in an eight man tag match and I don't think even got a mention outside of the start of the show hype. While Pillman and Austin probably aren't ready to be the top, elite level guys right now, to bring them back and play the role that you could have had the Dancing Fools play seems like a bit of a misstep.

Interesting way to end the show. If I was forced to say what impresses me most about this BTB, I think it would be the way you've gotten the nWo to seem like such a big threat despite rarely actually having them on shows. You've kind of got a bit of that "Jaws" thing going, where it's actually scarier imagining what the shark will do rather than seeing it, and that's such a brilliant way to book a threat in wrestling, where the law of diminishing returns means there's only so much you can have them do and still seem intimidating. Really impressive.

All in all, another solid show that keeps things ticking over on the road to Road Wild. No major missteps and a fantastic segment in the middle with Hugh Morrus and the TV Title, so this was a lot of fun. I hope you can continue posting regularly because this is still great.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

So we’re back with a Nitro, and I am pumped for this one. In the future try not to make us wait so long for these shows Of course, right off the bat, one of your strongest suits is how you portray the announcers. You make every line seem important, and do an exceptional job of getting across everything you want to by having Heenan and Schiavone tell us. Scott Norton as Heenan’s personal bodyguard because why not? He’s one of the most badass tough guys on the roster that’s why!

Macho Man’s character is perfect here. You have his tone and words down to a science. Things are going to shit for these three fast and it is all because of the NWO, which I really like a lot. You don’t even have to have them on the show to have their presence felt.

Eddie and Dean to a time limit draw would have made for incredible tv, and I’ve said it in the past multiple times- your match writing is second to none. I read your matches and can picture each move happening.

I am very intrigued by Morrus and Sullivan. You know that I love those dark-side bat shit crazy characters, so this is really right up my alley. There is so much you can do with this pairing and I like this edgy satanic Sullivan waaay more than the cartoonish DOD leader.

Quick squash by the FOF but the main story here is their continued storyline with the Road Warriors. I am glad LOD is getting quite a rub here, and are being played up as still a legit threat instead of an old team that has seen better days. Hog Wild should be fun for these two teams. South Dakota Street Fight? What an awesome name for a match featuring four of the toughest wrestlers in WCW.

Benoit and Arn pick up the win, and both look great here. Things escalating quickly for Morrus and Sullivan, and I really think you’ve pulled this title change off masterfully. Arn is already shot from his tag match, and then gets jumped, so the odds are severely stacked against him. Now you have a re-packaged Morrus with satanic Sullivan in his corner, you can really build him up as a monster TV Champion.

The Giant kicking ass and calling out Hogan was great. In just two short months you’ve turned The Giant into a believable ass-kicking monster who can’t be stopped as the World Champ. Very intrigued to see how this all plays out down the line with a match against Hogan looming.

DDP on the mic was great here. In the past three segments, between DDP, The Giant and Hugh Morrus- you’ve done more pushing them and re-tooling their characters in two months that you can’t even tell these were the same guys in the beginning of your thread. The character progression has been a wonderful trip to read, keep up the great work on that end.

Seek Them Thrills! The corny, white-meat babyface Thrillseekers are great! This match as a whole was fun to read. I’ve said it in the past- your tag team division is absolutely STACKED! So many teams to choose from and pick for different matches/storylines. Great work.

The final Nitro segment was very well done, and I loved the creative idea of nobody being in the limo-just the wreath saying RIP WCW. That was great.

Overall, another excellent, solid episode of Nitro. Everything progressed very nicely as we move closer to Hog Wild, which is shaping up to be another blockbuster show. Keep up the great work man, I am pumped to see what’s in store down the road!

Thread Information