Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

WAKE UP

Status

Re: All Elite Wrestling

PAC signing has my interest, have to predict he'll be their top heel. Have we got a confirmed/rumored roster yet?

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Off topic, but Conrad isn’t that bad tbh, but to each their own. His show with Bruce is awesome by the way, two time wrestling podcast of the year award winner. His podcast with Bischoff is fun too but his Schiavone podcast is probably my least favorite out of the three, yet I don’t hate it.

Conrad is a salesman, it may come off as cringe to some but it’s what he does a lot on his shows in ads so he’s good at it. Again to each their own though to those that find him annoying, different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.
    I listen to him sometimes, have to turn it off half the time if he's got his buddy on, or if he's just annoying. Sometimes he's fine, but the more you get, the more annoying he gets. at least that's what I think as stated.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

So Big Daddy Meltz is claiming AEW is gonna raid the Joshi scene at some point and tried to get Mayu Iwatani. I imagine most women will be falling over themselves at the chance to job to Britt Baker and Penelope Ford. In seriousness, AEW could really do WWE dirty if they manage to grab a few good ladies (not just Japanese ones) for the promotion. It's a shame this promotion wasn't formed before NXT started to take off. Would've been really interesting to see how many people stuck between joining them.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Getting Mayu would be tough considering she is allegedly living with Rossy right now. Whoever's feeding Khan (or Khan feeding the others) info knows a good amount of stuff about these niche feds.

I heard somewhere that the Bucks got 3 year offers from WWE with the same amount of pay as AJ, guaranteed main roster spots including at the Rumble, BTE being a weekly network show, & an out clause for the first 6 months that they could leave if they're unsatisfied with their push. You can't say they didn't try if true and Omega's was probably even more nuts.
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

A beautiful rose has thorns~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Ring Of Honor has also apparently paid for a three year visa for Mayu which is still in effect. And being booked in MSG, which Mayu is iirc, is hard to turn down. So that was never happening but it does say that AEW are willing to look outside of the box for talent, if OWE being a factor didn't already. That should be something to look out for.

The WWE offer blows my mind. I think it may be somewhat embellished, given the Bucks' history but it must have been hard to turn down. WWE pulling all the stop to try and sign these guys.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I think they should have offered whatever it took to sign the Bucks and Omega and nip this thing in the bud before it starts. Even if you have to make them blow away highest paid stars in the company and the keys to the castle for a year or 2, it would result in so many less headaches in the long run especially if the plan for wrestler healthcare come to pass. (I was hopeful at first, though much more skeptical after Khan's non-communal answer at the conference)
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Can't wait for T-Hawk to sell out All In 2!

For real, AEW should try and get some people from Ice Ribbon and Sendai.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

T-Hawk has never drawn a half empty building unlike Omega at all 3 of his US shows this year as champion so that's something.

I hope AEW signs ASUKA.
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    T-Hawk has never drawn a half empty building unlike Omega at all 3 of his US shows this year as champion so that's something.

I hope AEW signs ASUKA.
    Probably because T-Hawk has never been able to get himself in a position to actually draw more than Omega

ASUKA is leaving WAVE and so is Rina Yamashita so it can happen. I'm guessing both going to Nanaedlinnng?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Probably because T-Hawk has never been able to get himself in a position to actually draw more than Omega

ASUKA is leaving WAVE and so is Rina Yamashita so it can happen. I'm guessing both going to Nanaedlinnng?
    Except when he set the record for a company in his first title challenge a week ago. And he will break more records in AEW along with his famous Good Hearts stable.

I just want to see how many AEW fans sell shock and confusion and what kind of comments we see when they're informed of what ASUKA's packing. (She primarily wrestles in W-1 & Zero1 with Hana more than Sead, Rina almost certainly is going there though. Even Khan & his cronies probably didn't fall so far to get WAVE Network.)
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Getting Mayu would be tough considering she is allegedly living with Rossy right now.
    ewww, wtf Knew that guy was icky.

I heard somewhere that the Bucks got 3 year offers from WWE with the same amount of pay as AJ, guaranteed main roster spots including at the Rumble, BTE being a weekly network show, & an out clause for the first 6 months that they could leave if they're unsatisfied with their push. You can't say they didn't try if true and Omega's was probably even more nuts.
    That out clause at six months would of been a really dodgy thing to include in a contract, just imagine if they went there with no intention to stay beyond 6 months so you bring them in to work rumble and mania season, give them a big push out the gate, make them more famous than they are now, they get friendly with even more of the boys and girls in the back who might be looking to leave themselves.......and they just leave anyway to start up their new fed. Really could of blown up in their face.

But yeah, they really tried their hardest to get them. I think Bucks would of been a no-go because they had executive positions held in AEW that come with full health insurance.

WAKE UP

Status

are the Bucks really such a big act to justify such an offer? genuine question

Status

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Dunno what the deal is with Mayu living with him but doubt they are fucking. We all know she was Rossy's least favourite rookie and part of threedom. Plus, she's not his type. Starlight Kid is probably his type seeing as he loves to put her and her similar aged colleagues in jack off photobooks.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    They drew 10k to a non WWE event. I would imagine that's a big deal. WWE probably wanted them and Cody to stop AEWs formation and shit.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Rossy Not a suprise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    In terms of merch, maybe but I'd say it's more to do keeping them so they can't do damage elsewhere.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post

In terms of merch, maybe but I'd say it's more to do keeping them so they can't do damage elsewhere.
    Sign them, take them away from the companies that need them, pull a Woken Matt with them to kill what people liked about them. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jungle Boy has apparently signed with AEW

IMPACT! BTB; http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=170957&page=2&p=2103946137#post2103946137

Thread Information