Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 1,221 to 1,235 of 1235

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Well for me it's mainly wanting to see Shooter come over and be around Mox, and I would've loved to see Private Party go over there because I think they'd really have potential to develop their personalities there.

I don't really care which promotion its with, but are AAA doing well with the on-going pandemic? NJPW just came to mind because I know they're successfully still running stuff and seem to be taking care of their talent really well

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I cant really think of any talent beyond Omega, Jericho and Moxley that NJPW would be all that interested in. No idea who would take AEWs fancy tbh either outside of the obvious.

I dont think AEW and NJPWs styles would work all that well together and I doubt NJPW are interested in developing the greener AEW talent when theyre in deep shit themselves with talent development.

DDT is a much better fit for AEW imo.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

All About That Ace

Status

Sonny Kiss is perfectly fine in ring, what's the issue with him? I'm not a fan of him but haven't seen anything that made me think he's in need of any major criticism.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by noJ View Post
    Sonny Kiss is perfectly fine in ring, what's the issue with him? I'm not a fan of him but haven't seen anything that made me think he's in need of any major criticism.
    Sonny is garbage in the ring compared to the rest of the roster

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Sonny is garbage in the ring compared to the rest of the roster
    Including Michael Nakazawa?

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    Including Michael Nakazawa?
    A comedy wrestler who's appeared on TV once all year, pre-COVID?

Sonny is still very green, but he's a perfect example of someone who would benefit from getting experience working longer matches with experienced hands.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I’ll watch Sonny Kiss over the following: Nakazawa, Janela, Daniels, Kazarian, QT, Gunn Club, Luther, Cabana, Hager, Chuck, Sabian, Spears

Not that he’s necessarily better than any of them, but certainly more likely to entertain me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    A comedy wrestler who's appeared on TV once all year, pre-COVID?

Sonny is still very green, but he's a perfect example of someone who would benefit from getting experience working longer matches with experienced hands.
    I take it you don’t watch Dark then, Nakazawa has made a return. Man, his gimmick gets old fast.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I’ll watch Sonny Kiss over the following: Nakazawa, Janela, Daniels, Kazarian, QT, Gunn Club, Luther, Cabana, Hager, Chuck, Sabian, Spears

Not that he’s necessarily better than any of them, but certainly more likely to entertain me.
    I've got soft spots for Daniels, Kaz, Chuck and Cabana, but otherwise the same for me.

But I also think Kip Sabian is the drizzling shits, and I can't even think of an act that's made me lose interest faster. I'd rather watch Hornswoggle and Great Khali in a 60-minute ironman submission match than have to watch 1 minute of Kip

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by noJ View Post
    Sonny being 'perfectly fine' speaks to the point I'm making. They're signing a number of young guys who are just starting to make a name for themselves and it's stunting their development in-ring which could cause problems down the line. You can't use Sonny too much on Dynamite because he's both not good enough in-ring, but he also doesn't have a character that's caught fire and deserves to be pushed higher than being a low midcarder in the promotion. Sonny was one of the first non-famous wrestlers signed to AEW and was at their early launches pre Dynamite, I think initially they would of had higher hopes for him, but then the company caught fire and had a stronger roster in 2020 than they would of expected in 2019.

I'm glad someone brought up Kip, he's another one that feels like he's been signed up quite early and still has some ways to go in his development. I think there's even less potential there though.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I think Janela, Luther, & Sabian are probably the worst workers on the roster and add nothing. Cabana sucks. QT sucks. The women's division isn't good outside of like 3 people, 2 of them unsigned and Swole and Nyla are probably two of the worst workers walking the planet.

Sonny's not good but there are definitely others to target.

Also I think Chuck's underrated because he looks like shit but he more than did his part in the parking lot brawl and is at least apart of an over act unlike these other guys. I'd take him over cult leader Brodie any day.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Also I would be all for a DDT partnership just to have the opportunity to see Akiyama beat the shit out of all these people that suck. Hell line up Janela for him, he's enough of a dumbass mark geek that he'd probably like it. As a whole though I doubt it would help much for either companies except make DDT look more "big league" which is worth it for them.

All of NJPW's best workers are over 40 and have no place on national US TV, MAYBE you get a quality Tana match that could get some buzz, but KENTA? He totally sucks at this point unless he's with the tip top workers of the roster like Goto & Ishii. None of the guys that NJPW would want would be willing to do full tours or any of that.

AAA has ran like 5 shows all year and one of them was at a NASCAR track.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I think Sonny is fine for where he is right now. Obviously green, but he's got a unique hook and growth potential. Up until recently he was splitting time between training and studying for his degree, so I imagine now that he has more time to devote to training, he can improve at a faster degree.

I don't know what it is about Kip Sabian, but he's one of the most regularly-appearing guys that I completely forget about on a weekly basis. He's got a great look, seems solid enough in the ring, but there's nothing about him that stands out. He's missing something and I don't really know what. I'm sure this 'Gamer' thing with Miro can be something worthwhile, but it's just not hitting. Instead of arcade cabinets (inexplicably placed near the ring for some reason?) and chucking a hissyfit about them, lean more into the Twitch aspect, challenge each other to 'speedruns' to beat others in the ring fast as possible with exploits and glitches (cheating) or stuff like that. Idk.

Hager still sucks.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Janela was in my MOTY in 2019, so I don't think he sucks, but I think he's in the wrong promotion for him. I think he's an indie guy, not a national TV guy.

Luther stinks but isn't really in the category of wrestlers I'm on about because he's like 50.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Luther’s almost exclusively a Dark act so it’s not like he affects my enjoyment of AEW much. I just know that when he does show up on Dynamite he’s always either hilariously awful or just awful. I enjoy comments and memes about his whole gimmick being the crazy eyes pointing pose, but not him himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread Information