Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1045

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

^ Not sure, I think it depends on what device you're using. I've noticed that "Catch Up" on SkyTV actually has programmes appear far quicker than through the ITV Hub website.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Well Jack Evans' voice isn't how I remembered it...

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    ^ Not sure, I think it depends on what device you're using. I've noticed that "Catch Up" on SkyTV actually has programmes appear far quicker than through the ITV Hub website.
    Last week it wasn't until Saturday, but I've just noticed this weeks is already up, which is pace I've not seen since Dynamite started airing.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

TIL Luther was in consideration to be The Exalted One

I think that would’ve been a breaking point for a number of people who weren’t certain about getting into AEW.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Things just got interesting, good for Eddie he deserves this.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post

Things just got interesting, good for Eddie he deserves this.
    Heck yeah!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Good! Glad he's officially signed and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in All Elite Wrestling! :D

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

The matches won't be all that, but my God, give us a Kingston vs. MJF feud for the promos alone.

Main Eventer

Status

not a huge fan of Kingston's in ring work. in fact i think hes pretty average at best. But from a promo aspect hes one of the top guys ever. He totally deserves this.
    ROH 2003 - end of 2008 = best years of wrestling ever

Admin in Lockdown

Status

No-one in the business deserves a break more than Eddie. Made up for him. Very excited for what's coming his way, as long as they don't give him some old WCW guy as a manager to do his talking, we should be in for some gold entertainment.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

I think the angle should be he has a newfound respect for Cody after their match and he’s joined The Nightmare Family. He forms a team with QT Marshall, they gain a winning streak on Dark and later on they turn on Cody and start calling themselves The Bad Apples.

WAKE UP

Status

Excited. Let's see what they do with him. Hopefully he becomes a featured act and not just a Dark guy. He is way better and far more interesting than guys like Archer or Spears (and I'd say Cage too) so hopefully they actually push him rather than signing him because of fan demand.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I think that this is AEW listening to what the fans are saying, which is a welcome change, it makes up for Cody hiring another mate just for the sake of it.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    I think that this is AEW listening to what the fans are saying, which is a welcome change
    While an imperfect company, they’re generally very good at this IMO.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Sorry I phrased that poorly, I meant a refreshing change for a big promotion rather than for AEW.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    He is way better and far more interesting than guys like Archer or Spears (and I'd say Cage too) so hopefully they actually push him rather than signing him because of fan demand.
    He's honestly already a top 5 guy in the company. Everyone can agree on his promo work, but his in-ring work is great for those fans that enjoy brawls and selling, and I think he offers the roster something it doesn't have. A lot of the vet role guys in AEW are beyond their prime like Dustin, Matt Hardy, Colt Cabana, Jericho, Daniels, but Kingston still feels like he's in his prime even though he's a master of selling those aches and pains of 15 years of wrestling, and better yet he's ready made, they don't have to polish this gem up, just let him be Eddie Kingston.

I don't believe they signed him no fan demand either, there's enough voices in that lockeroom and even management that have known Eddie and the quality of his work the last decade or so to not need a 'prove yourself' match and then be convinced to sign him based on positive feedback from the fans. In doing the debut where he got mic time, got over even before the match, and then had a DQ match where Cody did a thumbtack spot, they knew they were signing him before last week's Dynamite started airing. Compare his debut to the warhorse geek this week (who I don't think AEW will ever use on Dynamite again).

---

Watched this week's show earlier tonight. One thing I noticed is they seem to have a lot of multi man tags going on. 10 man tag to open the show, 12 man tag next week. Think they may have too big a roster for the amount of TV time they have per week.

I have to agree with Jon on MJF, man alive have people overrated that promo. Don't think there's anything original, or even entertaining about him doing a mock Trump campaign state of the address promo. His deliver is always good, but I didn't feel like there was any substance there and didn't make me look forward to MJF/Moxley at all which is supposed to be the point of the promo.

Britt is a star, what an unfortunate injury. Thought Shida took too long to beat Diamante, but really enjoyed she had a video package to explain her a bit more.

Vickie/Nyla/Cameron was WWE Divas level shite.

Big fan of the FTR contract signing segment, and I want to see more of that storyline of being marks for the old days of tag team wrestling with them not doing double team moves with the Bucks next week.

Not sure it bodes well for Cage that he's already in a tag team with Starks so soon after losing to Moxley.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Random thought..

Can anyone else see a situation at some point where Cody is leading a new formation of the Four Horseman? Just got a feeling he's going to align with The Revival; maybe turning heel in the process. AEW often comes across like the Cody show in large periods and I can just see this happening. I can see him totally wanting to do something like this. Don't get me wrong; might be awesome! But, yeah.. I can see it.
    Well.. After watching this weeks episode it seems even more likely now. And I know it's been hinted a fair amount since but that was a pretty bold call in May, I think Haha!

EDIT: As for the show this week. I thought the first hour was rough viewing.

Opening tag was really sloppy and felt like a mess to me.

Warhorse? Not for me.

The debuts of Ryder and Cameron.. Dear god, so flat and in the case of Cameron- Just a bad idea. Is that really the best they can do? Vickie in the WWE at the time kind of worked but I think she's had her time and the excuse me stuff in 2020 seems way outdated to say the least. From what I've seen, Nyla can talk anyway cant she? So seems a little pointless to me.

I liked the small little vignette for Diamante. Need more of these for their ladies.

I love MJF but what I noticed about that promo, he was saying a lot of things that Jim Cornette says on his podcast. He mentioned cosplaying and playing wrestler, even Ambrose trying to be Stone Cold and such. I don't know, lost a little credibility with me. He's normally very original. Aside form that, I didn't mind it and he's still the highlight of the company for me.

FTR segment was good. That's the FTR that I wanted to come in- not the one that's been tagging with the Bucks and playing by their rules so to speak. They should be the sore thumb that sticks out in the Tag Division for the right reasons, not the one that blends in.
    Last edited by Deco90; 08-01-2020 at 07:55 AM.

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

WAKE UP

Status

Predicting the ALL OUT card:

Moxley vs MJF

Omega/Page vs Bucks vs FTR

Cage vs Darby

Jericho vs OC II

Dark Order vs Jurassic Express

Cody vs Matt Cordana

Matt Hardy vs Sammy G

Baker vs Swole

[Run]

Status

Moxley vs MJF

Cage vs Darby

Jericho vs OC II

Cody vs Matt Cordana

Matt Hardy vs Sammy G

Baker vs Swole
    Pretty much what I'd have too, although Shida/Nyla or the Deadly Draw Final too.

Dunno if the following one would be Full Gear, but I'm guessing Bucks/FTR, Page/Omega and maybe Jericho/Tyson there. But yay for a company with something resembling long term planning.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Moxley vs MJF

Cage vs Darby

Jericho vs OC II

Cody vs Matt Cordana

Matt Hardy vs Sammy G

Baker vs Swole
    I think they'll go with straight up Bucks Vs FTR match rather than jump to give them a tag title match this early. Brodie Lee targeting Hangman makes me think him and Colt are gonna challenge for the tag team titles at some point, try and succeed where Uno and Grayson failed.

Everything else looks pretty dead on to what I'd expect, providing Baker is fit to go next month. Shida doesn't seem to have an obvious opponent.

Dave, The Deadly draw seems to be happening on youtube mostly, and I'm not sure they'll be able to reach the finals in time.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread Information