Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Wasn't it always around 11pm? Maybe i imagined that....

That being said I don't think ITV4 saw a great deal in AEW to begin with. Don't forget that they originally wanted to air it at 8am on a Sunday morning before bowing down to peer pressure and moving it to Friday night (With the episode hitting ITV hub on the Thursday) so i wouldn't be shocked if there timeslot eventually gets moved further and further back (this week's episode isn't even on ITV hub yet)

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    Thought this question might be better in here, but has anyone seen what the viewing figures are like on ITV4 for AEW? I only ask because it feels as if the show is getting pushed back later as the weeks go on. I could be wrong, but I was certain the first few weeks at least the show was at 10pm on a Friday, but crept back later and later. There may have even been a week it was nearly 12 before the show was on (possibly because of live Darts or Snooker? iirc). But now, it's 11:05 tonight {AFTER JAWS THREE, 1983}. Surely first run programming would pull in more of an audience than a nearly forty year old movie. It's not even like it's the original Jaws.
    Ahem, Jaws 3D is a cinematic trash masterpiece of the highest order. Not only does it feature a previous Oscar winner for Best Supporting Actor stumble and bumble his way through a ridiculous accent, it also affords us the opportunity to see a giant shark wiggle it’s butt while trying to get into a control room. Add in a couple of dolphins named George and Gracie, a skeleton named Oscar, and Marty McFly’s mom water skiing and you’ll see why it was destined to be aired before AEW.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

[Speak Like A Child]

Status
      Country                    England

Don't know the figures, but whenever I watch it on Friday's, it's never been in ITV Hubs most popular on a Friday evening.

I wouldn't worry about the time slot movements that late in the evening. It's on Hub beforehand, so anyone who watches religiously is using that to watch it, no one is using that specific time of day to watch it. And post-pub viewers probably don't care about time specifics.

They were likely aware it wasn't gonna be a smash hit, if they wanted bigger figures they'd give it World of Sports Saturday tea time slot. It's cheap, already produced content that has it's place on the Hub

I'm more interested in what the PPV's do on ITV Box Office tbh.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Pretty good

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Wasn't it always around 11pm? Maybe i imagined that....

That being said I don't think ITV4 saw a great deal in AEW to begin with. Don't forget that they originally wanted to air it at 8am on a Sunday morning before bowing down to peer pressure and moving it to Friday night (With the episode hitting ITV hub on the Thursday) so i wouldn't be shocked if there timeslot eventually gets moved further and further back (this week's episode isn't even on ITV hub yet)
    That's a good point actually, and was something I'd completely forgotten. You might be right on the 11pm thing too. Just had it in my mind it was at 10. I've noticed the last couple of episodes were late going on the Hub (at least through the Hub on Virgin TV anyway) which doesn't bode well for the future. I definitely get Channel 4 Sunday Night Heat vibes at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Ahem, Jaws 3D is a cinematic trash masterpiece of the highest order. Not only does it feature a previous Oscar winner for Best Supporting Actor stumble and bumble his way through a ridiculous accent, it also affords us the opportunity to see a giant shark wiggle it’s butt while trying to get into a control room. Add in a couple of dolphins named George and Gracie, a skeleton named Oscar, and Marty McFly’s mom water skiing and you’ll see why it was destined to be aired before AEW.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Well then, you've sold me on it, Fuji. That's my Friday Night viewing sorted now. I hope everything you've said about it is true; all I've ever wanted from film is to see a shark shake it's booty.

COME HERE TO VOTE FOR ALL YOUR FAVOURITES FROM THE BTB SECTION FOR THE YEAR 2019!
    ~ THE BTB END OF THE YEAR AWARDS - VOTING CLOSES JANUARY 25TH ~

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status

Speaking as someone who has used ITV Hub to watch every episode as soon as it's uploaded. The first few months of Dynamite, the episodes were always up on a Thursday evening, but recently they've been pushed to Friday and even the episode on the 20th December wasn't up for me to watch until Saturday morning. This is all very apt because I've been loading up the hub every hour waiting for Cody Vs Darby to drop tonight

It seems pretty clear to me that AEW is no priority for ITV for them to now need 2 days to edit and upload a show that they do minimum editing on! I don't think the viewing figures can be that good when I think there's plenty of British wrestling fans that can't wait and will watch by other means.

Status

Thought Cody Vs Darby was very good and I probably would of liked it even more without ad breaks in it. I thought the Arn stuff was clever and effective way of having a babyface manager. I just wish they wouldn't call Arn the head coach of the 'nightmare family', because that sounds like he's linked to Brandi also, just call him Cody's head coach because I'm sure that's all he's going to be.

I agree that Sammy came off very well on this episode, and in general throughout his time with AEW. He's the wrestler they've signed that I feel has made the biggest improvement in his game and is 'getting it' and not wasting his time on camera, doing the little things well. I loved him telling the interviewer 'gimme your dress' to wipe his phone.

Trent/Moxley went too long, but my god it was worth it for the 10 second stand off between Orange Cassidy and Moxley, gimme that match now.

Elsewhere there wasn't a lot on the show that grabbed me. Didn't enjoy either the womens title match or the Dustin/Sammy match, and I remember literally nothing about the main event already. Thought there was a lot of lame segments like Private Party and Adam Page at the bar, the Riho/Britt segment after the match which did nothing to help Riho, Dark Order man talking about last week with his evil laugh but then the Elite are all smiles this week. MJF is a confident talker and has a lot of potential, but lets not go overboard, he's doing pretty tame pro wrestling heel 101 stuff on the mic and I'm slightly concerned that he barely wrestles on the show so the side of his game that needs to develop to be ready for the push he gets in 2020 isn't really developing. Luther Ward 2.0 getting a cage match with Cody sounds like a hell of a brave debut match to book him in, Cody might have his work cut out.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I’m sure Cody/Warlord will have plenty sports entertainment going on to cover him up.

Agreed on MJF as a talker. What made his promos stand out for me compared to Miz’s standard HEY I’M THE BAD GUY promos was that he had genuinely good lines. Take that away and he’s reduced to just talking about the storyline and saying shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Well AEW always has their "Road To..." videos as a positive for them.

​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

AEW’s deal on TNT extends to 2023 and they’re going to get a second show, this is cool news.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Hmm...not so sure about another show. The appeal to me is that I only need to watch like an hour and a half a week as long as they recap important stuff from AEW Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

They already produce more than 1 show a week given After Dark and Being the Elite are things that go on inside the AEW bubble. If TNT are willing to pay up, go for it but I think the wiser thing to do then would be to stop releasing after dark.

I do think this hurts them a little going forward because one of their selling points was that they're a lighter schedule than WWE because they only need talent to fly out once a week. Well you've now doubled that number of dates for your talent, and as Mark points out that increase in content won't be welcomed warmly with all fans either.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Unless they make it must see unlike Dark now, I don't see th point of it. Unless it's an condensed WWE Experience type show, with bonus footage and interviews.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Status

I'm looking forward to Evolve's weekly show that was always meant to be on the same night as AEW's 2nd show.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Gabe doesn't book weekly shows, you know that. wXw TV is where its at.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Pleased to see the endorsement for them but the addition of another show isn't needed imo. Don't overexpose the product.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Hikaru Shida: 0-1 (4-4 overall)
    Nyla Rose: 0-1 (4-4 overall)
    Kris Statlander: 0-1 (3-3 overall)
    Awesome Kong: 1-0 (3-1 overall)
    Britt Baker: 0-1 (7-5 overall)

Can somebody please explain to this company how rankings work?

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Hikaru Shida: 0-1 (4-4 overall)
    Nyla Rose: 0-1 (4-4 overall)
    Kris Statlander: 0-1 (3-3 overall)
    Awesome Kong: 1-0 (3-1 overall)
    Britt Baker: 0-1 (7-5 overall)

Can somebody please explain to this company how rankings work?
    They reset the first figure at the beginning of the year. First figure is singles record. Second is overall.

Big show of faith there from TNT. Will judge the new show once we know what it actually is, but all a positive from my perspective

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Apparently they are making 45m per year. Crazy.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Right...but how is Kong, who has the best record by far at #4?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Apparently they are making 45m per year. Crazy.
    Could end being a game changer for attracting talent. Disgruntled WWE employers or top guys and girls on the indies now know that AEW isn’t some one year experiment, they are locked in to produce a weekly national show for years and can offer competitive wages.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread Information