Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

The interviews with Page were a good idea. Something they probably should've done at the very start instead of leaving it late. As far the feud with Jericho, it's still really cold for me. They are building up the wrestlers fine but they feud itself seems so empty compared to Omega vs Moxley, even Cody vs Spears. Hopefully they do something to fix that next week.

Status
      Country                    United States

I actually would love to see CM Punk in AEW, wonder how much of a pain in the ass he would be though? (Obviously)

Status

Broc and I got tickets for the show in Pittsburgh. I haven't watched wrestling in years, but I'm hyped. Planning on watching these pay per views from the beginning and getting hyped.

Corporate WWE and Vince McMahon drove me away. I really like the culture AEW is establishing and I'm getting behind it early.

I've never been to a wrestling show either. So I'm hyped.

My AEW dream would be if CM Punk got on board, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Love View Post
    He’s 41 and hasn’t wrestled in 5 years...I wouldn’t hold my breath that he’s even the same dude anymore....I would rather him stay away AEW doesn’t need anymore bitter dudes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    So what he's 41...Chris Jericho is 48.

I'm rooting for Y2J to take the world championship over Adam Page btw.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

When’s the last time Jericho took off five years from wrestling?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Love View Post
    When’s the last time Jericho took off five years from wrestling?

Goldberg took off over 10 years and had two of his best matches when he got back. And in Punk's case, he's still younger and has probably been staying in fighting shape this whole time. I don't know what Punk wants to do with his life. He definitely doesn't need to come back. But I do think it would be hard to dedicate well over a decade to this thing you love, then walk away the way he did without getting any proper closure. So who knows if he'll come back or not. What I do know is that him coming back is certainly not outside the realm of possibility. And fwiw, I don't view him as any type of locker room cancer. There's plenty of good Punk stories to go along with the bad ones. And there are very few wrestlers who haven't wronged anyone else along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Goldberg took off over 10 years and had two of his best matches when he got back. And in Punk's case, he's still younger and has probably been staying in fighting shape this whole time. I don't know what Punk wants to do with his life. He definitely doesn't need to come back. But I do think it would be hard to dedicate well over a decade to this thing you love, then walk away the way he did without getting any proper closure. So who knows if he'll come back or not. What I do know is that him coming back is certainly not outside the realm of possibility. And fwiw, I don't view him as any type of locker room cancer. There's plenty of good Punk stories to go along with the bad ones. And there are very few wrestlers who haven't wronged anyone else along the way.
    I think Brock Lesnar is a better example of this. He took off exactly five years since he was last in the ring (This would have been Japan, not WWE), but thanks to him remaining in shape due to UFC, he came back looking great. Punk has done a ton of MMA training since leaving the WWE, so it's not as if he's out of shape. With Punk's feelings towards the WWE, if he were to ever wrestle for AEW, I imagine he would be really determined to deliver to make WWE look bad.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

As much as Punk wants to say the animosity towards WWE is gone and that he moved past all their issues, you'd have to think he's full of shit in that regard. There's no way all the animosity is completely gone, ffs they were ready to literally let Punk die because they didn't treat him properly. Punk's aired his dirty laundry, and the fact that we know how he really felt at that point, regardless of him denying still caring, or being salty over what occurred, you know he would love to completely shove it to Vince and HHH.

I would be more shocked if he didn't return at All Out or in October, than if he did return tbh. However, if he doesn't return at either show, I'll put the Punk talk to rest completely unless being given an absurd reason to believe otherwise.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Don't worry, we all are.

And the whole idea that he would be motivated so he could get back at WWE is lost on me. It's not a great reason to sign someone. Ideally he should be happy to help to build up as an entity and work with them because he wants to do that rather than to do it out of spite to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    And the whole idea that he would be motivated so he could get back at WWE is lost on me. It's not a great reason to sign someone. Ideally he should be happy to help to build up as an entity and work with them because he wants to do that rather than to do it out of spite to someone else.
    I'm not saying Punk would sign with AEW to spite the WWE, but rather if Punk would sign with AEW, I see him working especially hard so that he delivers for the company and makes WWE look foolish in return.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I'm not saying Punk would sign with AEW to spite the WWE, but rather if Punk would sign with AEW, I see him working especially hard so that he delivers for the company and makes WWE look foolish in return.
    To be fair I think everyone on the roster has that mindset. Not in a bitter way, but more so in an underdog way. Of course they want to stick it to WWE, they are the big cooperate juggernaut. The entire narrative of their start up has been whether or not they can compete with WWE.

So having people that are determined to do that and to be better than WWE and rise above them, to stick it to them, that's a good thing.

It's like a sports team that fans and media think aren't competitors, going into a playoff game against a team that's the favorite. You want to stick it to that team and prove everyone wrong for doubting you.

I think Punk's energy and motivation in rising above the WWE would be great for the entire brand.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I would agree. I’ve been a huge CM Punk fan that I would be thrilled for him to come back and work with AEW. I feel like he will considering he’s apart of starrcast but that could just be a huge trolling. Apart of me hopes Jericho or someone shows up at his panel and fuck with him, but that could give away the surprise of him actually going.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

I'm really curious now if he does appear due to the potential backlash on AEW if he doesn't. I know they've never said he'll be there, and neither has he, but the rumour mill has worked itself up and they've done nothing to stop it.

Think how long those CM Punk chants went on in WWE (dunno if they still do), and all that "show hijacking" bollocks that went on after. Do AEW really want that from their fanbase this early on in their run?

And with the show in Chicago, those chants are coming. If he's not coming in, AEW could have a big problem on their hands come those TV tapings.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Mid-Card Champion

Status

And I’m sure his comments on being “text” an offer wouldn’t sit well either.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I'm really curious now if he does appear due to the potential backlash on AEW if he doesn't. I know they've never said he'll be there, and neither has he, but the rumour mill has worked itself up and they've done nothing to stop it.

Think how long those CM Punk chants went on in WWE (dunno if they still do), and all that "show hijacking" bollocks that went on after. Do AEW really want that from their fanbase this early on in their run?

And with the show in Chicago, those chants are coming. If he's not coming in, AEW could have a big problem on their hands come those TV tapings.

I will chant CM Punk in Pittsburgh if he isn't there. Bet on it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Anyone think Johnny Mundo/Impact will become Johnny Elite either at All Out or October 4th?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

That's what I'm thinking. The entire night they are going to expect Punk to show up. And that could lead to CM Punk chants which would be incredibly awkward if he doesn't show. It shouldn't but it could over shadow the night

People's Champion

Status

Cm punk chants broke out in Peru just this past weekend during Kofi vs Bryan
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Anyone think Johnny Mundo/Impact will become Johnny Elite either at All Out or October 4th?
    Ooh, I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. The entire night they are going to expect Punk to show up. And that could lead to CM Punk chants which would be incredibly awkward if he doesn't show. It shouldn't but it could over shadow the night
    Unless it's true that they really offered Punk a deal via text and he turned them down, that's shit for AEW. Because unless that is the case, you gotta feel like this show doesn't deserve to be hijacked with the Punk chants. But they prolly will.

WAKE UP

Status

I will chant CM Punk in Pittsburgh if he isn't there. Bet on it.
    But why?

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information