Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

They've probably done enough market research to feel comfortable there's enough support of their rabid fanbase to charge that much for the PPV and that it'll be more worth it to them to charge the higher price point than to drop it $20 to get more buys. It's one of the most anticipated PPVs of the year and I'm sure the hope is in most fans buying into the idea of this big event that's had 5 months of build. It's an off putting price for many though and I definitely think it's the wrong call if their future PPVs are going to be charged at this rate once they are on weekly TV; it's just not affordable to wrestling fans in this day and ago. ROH PPVs tend to have zero buzz because no-one watches live as they have a high price point for PPVs.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    They've probably done enough market research to feel comfortable there's enough support of their rabid fanbase to charge that much for the PPV and that it'll be more worth it to them to charge the higher price point than to drop it $20 to get more buys. It's one of the most anticipated PPVs of the year and I'm sure the hope is in most fans buying into the idea of this big event that's had 5 months of build. It's an off putting price for many though and I definitely think it's the wrong call if their future PPVs are going to be charged at this rate once they are on weekly TV; it's just not affordable to wrestling fans in this day and ago. ROH PPVs tend to have zero buzz because no-one watches live as they have a high price point for PPVs.
    You think nobody in the world watches roh live or just here on wrestlingclique?
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-17-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    You think nobody in the world watches roh live or just here on wtestlingclique?
    It's hyperbole mate.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    It's hyperbole mate.
    Figured it was.

But then again many think wrestling fans start and end here on wc.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    You think nobody in the world watches roh live or just here on wrestlingclique?
    here, twitter, reddit and the delay on seeing their show reviews on certain websites gives it away too. When ROH have a PPV on it's easy to miss it because they don't promote them well enough and their price point is so high it puts people off paying for it and they wait for streams to pirate it (MSG excluded but the draw there was NJPW). Larry Csonka seems to be the only reviewer who watches and reviews them live regularly.

When New Japan are live, you can't miss it because it's all over twitter and reddit and that's when it's on at inappropriate times of the day! Even Impact seems to be more well supported live when it comes to PPVs.

You're someone who's high on ROH here and I know you aren't buying and watching these PPVs live.

As insane of a price as Double or Nothing is in this WWE Network era, as long as they don't plan on running monthly PPVs, they can probably get away with such a high price tag. This first PPV isn't the one AEW needs to be concerned about. It's potentially the subsequent PPVs of the same price that will be up in the air for whether or not people are going to be willing to keep forking over money, especially with the TNT show offering free content.

As far as the effects of legal streaming on piracy, it's undoubtedly lowered the percentage of people illegally downloading. Especially for wrestling, a lot of the stuff I download these days is simply being downloaded so that it's easier to make gifs rather than to actually watch the files. What's potentially going to raise piracy back up is everyone trying to have their own streaming service. With everyone pulling their content from Netflix, not every service is going to be able to draw people to pay when they're already having to subscribed to multiple services.

People's Champion

Status

here, twitter, reddit and the delay on seeing their show reviews on certain websites gives it away too. When ROH have a PPV on it's easy to miss it because they don't promote them well enough and their price point is so high it puts people off paying for it and they wait for streams to pirate it (MSG excluded but the draw there was NJPW). Larry Csonka seems to be the only reviewer who watches and reviews them live regularly.

When New Japan are live, you can't miss it because it's all over twitter and reddit and that's when it's on at inappropriate times of the day! Even Impact seems to be more well supported live when it comes to PPVs.

You're someone who's high on ROH here and I know you aren't buying and watching these PPVs live.

I hardly watch any wrestling live. I prefer to watch later. Plus im cheap. But those are good points. I love Larrys reviews of all wrestling.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The angle at today's WrestleGate show in Nottingham, England involving Pac and Hangman Page was done largely to present the match that had been built up because the match won't be taking place at Double or Nothing on Saturday.

The official word from AEW is that there were creative differences regarding the match and Pac won't be on Saturday's show. With Pac's regular matches in the U.K., it's known that beacuse he takes his status as world champion with Dragon Gate seriously, he has not agreed to any losses since winning the Open the Dream Gate title and to protect that has done 30:00 draws with Zack Sabre Jr. and Will Ospreay. On the flip side, AEW wants to present a sports-like atmosphere and had their own direction for what they wanted.

The Pac vs. Page match will be released this week on the Internet by AEW with the idea that everyone can see the match, even if it had a DQ finish, for free, so fans are getting the hyped up match. Page agreed to fly to England and do the match to make up for the hyped match not happening on the PPV. Page will be wrestling against a new opponent, although the name probably won't be announced before the PPV show. The DQ finish kept things open ended enough that Pac may be back with the promotion at some point to face Page, although there is no definitive time frame.

There will be at least one more announcement made midweek regarding Saturday's show.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/pac-v...erences-284076
    So PAC vs Hangman Page off. Glad to see PAC is taking his Dream Gate run so seriously. Too many champions are beaten in other promotions nowadays, in my opinion. I perfectly understand why he doesn't want to lose on a big stage like Double Or Nothing. Although, saying that, Page winning surely was obvious to him from the start. Nevertheless, I didn't really care much for the match when announced so its really no loss as far as my enjoyment goes. I'm sure others will feel differently.

The Planet's Admin

Status

That is so weird; why not just run the no finish at double or nothing? Wonder if PAC has a visa sorted for the states yet.

Gotta think; does this mean Jericho is beating Omega because he’s heading into a title match with Okada weeks later.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

That is so weird; why not just run the no finish at double or nothing? Wonder if PAC has a visa sorted for the states yet.
    Well, I imagine that would be soured on come the show (Or maybe people will call it a genius move. Who knows?). If they want to stand out from different promotions, doing a non finish on a big show, especially the first big show, would be something they really should avoid completely. With that being said, not having the match at all is arguably worse. It'll be interesting seeing who the replacement is.

Gotta think; does this mean Jericho is beating Omega because he’s heading into a title match with Okada weeks later.
    It wouldn't surprise me if he did. Then they are 1-1 meaning they can milk a third match down the line. Omega won't be affected either way.

The Planet's Admin

Status

I think it’s the visa, you’d know before now if it’s a problem with getting him to agree to lose.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Canada

Ugh I'm disappointed because it was the match I was looking forward to the most. Would laugh if there's a swerve and PAC is #21 in the Battle Royal.

Status
      Country                    United States

Just read an article saying AEW will be TV-14 now that's a good sign to me.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Canada

Luchasaurus officially confirmed for the battle royal on Saturday, yes the PPV is on Saturday btw.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information