Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Eli Drake maybe a little hard to work with it seems he is talented and I like him but, I think he thinks he is a HUGE DEAL.

Also adding watch latest vid

how would you feel watching some local indy show and when the lights go out back on theres Jericho. Lights out then on its

Kenny "Freaking" Omega.

anything can happen I love AEW already
    I was hoping that would happen at the Game Changer Wrestling Show I went to last Friday, but it didn’t haha. First time seeing Joey Janela live, he can really go. Excited to see what he does in AEW, I’m pulling for my hometown boy!

MJF was also on the card, he has a ton of charisma live. He and Janela are two steals for AEW, guys they can really build the Midcard around.

I’m hoping some of the other guys from GCW get looked at by AEW, some of them are legit.
    Last edited by BattleTank; 05-09-2019 at 10:29 PM.

WWF-1991 and Beyond-The Road to Summerslam takes one final stop with July's Saturday Night's Main Event!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169069

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    The guy can talk circles around a good portion of the roster and he just didn’t want to do intergender matches that’s the only thing I heard bad about him. He’s not terrible in the ring and he was Impact champion for awhile and very believable one at that. While people may scoff at Impact it’s pretty ballsy to say that without even having a show yet that a former Impact champion in the prime of his career would be a low card guy on AEW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Prime of his career? You know he's 36 years old right

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Kenny Omega is 36 in October, do you think he’s past his prime?

Not sure what part of being in your mid 30s isn’t the prime of a male wrestlers career.

Status

I would say mid-30s is the prime age for a lot of wrestlers. Would you argue Drake is washed up, even in the slightest? Seth, Kofi, Aleister, McIntyre, Miz and Balor all close to his age or older. All arguably at the top of their game as wrestlers.

Firefly Fun House

Status

AJ Styles is in his 40s, hows he doing?
    This just solidifies my thoughts on your opinions so I’ll just stop responding.

Status

AJ Styles is 41 and has been on top of his game. Samoa Joe is 40 and is doing great.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

To be fair these days Wrestlers are going longer when when it comes to their Careers especially if they keep their bodies in shape. Drake I feel is a great asset wherever he goes, seeing this guy go from being Drew McIntyre partners to World Champion is a great story to me. I think Impact pulled the plug way too fucking early on his World Title run years ago, back when they didn't know what kind of Wrestler they wanted as Champion. He was fresh air in the World Title hunt I felt during that time and he held up his own in the Ring vs some top competitors before losing the Title. Some reason I could if he did go to AEW having a good program with Cody if need be and take all the shots towards the whole family.

@EC no Page stays with Impact don't put that out there and use your magic to make it happen

Page and Alexander are really killing it as The North and I'm hoping this is a money feud to come with LAX in the future.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-09-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

The Planet's Admin

Status

On Eli drake, I feel like there’s a bit too heat to he bringing him in right now, and I feel like he’s too close to MJF, would they perhaps be stepping on each other’s toes.

TV deal supposed to be announced on Wednesday btw, dunno if that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Kenny Omega is 36 in October, do you think he’s past his prime?

Not sure what part of being in your mid 30s isn’t the prime of a male wrestlers career.
    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I would say mid-30s is the prime age for a lot of wrestlers. Would you argue Drake is washed up, even in the slightest? Seth, Kofi, Aleister, McIntyre, Miz and Balor all close to his age or older. All arguably at the top of their game as wrestlers.
    AJ Styles is in his 40s, hows he doing?
    This just solidifies my thoughts on your opinions so I’ll just stop responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    AJ Styles is 41 and has been on top of his game. Samoa Joe is 40 and is doing great.
    The difference is all those guys are actually good, can't say the same for Eli. Drake isn't going to have some breakout moment at 36 years old in a company like AEW.

Also can we not act like his credential of Impact World Champion was actually credible? They gave it to him when they had absolutely nobody else to put it on, the run was terrible, and he dropped it in like a few seconds to Aries.

Firefly Fun House

Status

Everyone Raye has spoken! Shhh we are all wrong . Let us bow.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

The difference is all those guys are actually good, can't say the same for Eli. Drake isn't going to have some breakout moment at 36 years old in a company like AEW.

Also can we not act like his credential of Impact World Champion was actually credible? They gave it to him when they had absolutely nobody else to put it on, the run was terrible, and he dropped it in like a few seconds to Aries.
    I mean the man won it a 20 Man Gauntlet over Edwards which I saw who had World Champion just a year before so beating a World Champion to win your World Title seems pretty credible to me. Actually Drake would drop it to Aries January of 2018 5 or 6 Months later. If anything Aries beating him in his Street Clothes that night didn't sit well with me because with the influx of new talent coming in during that time I thought their could of been some good Matches he could of had in the spot.

Raye didn't know you liked Impact it gets lonely in the Section love to have your thoughts in there

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

No one was arguing that he was as good as them. Only that 36 could easily be the prime of one's career. Sheesh.

The Impact World Title isn't much to brag about these days but I'm one of many who felt his reign was one of the more entertaining ones in recent years. Guy has great looks and mic presence. He has plenty to offer in that regard, especially to a company like AEW that you can see is clearly not loaded with renowned promo guys.
    Last edited by The EC; 05-10-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Indy Talent

Status

Everyone Raye has spoken! Shhh we are all wrong . Let us bow.

Good, know your place peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean the man won it a 20 Man Gauntlet over Edwards which I saw who had World Champion just a year before so beating a World Champion to win your World Title seems pretty credible to me. Actually Drake would drop it to Aries January of 2018 5 or 6 Months later. If anything Aries beating him in his Street Clothes that night didn't sit well with me because with the influx of new talent coming in during that time I thought their could of been some good Matches he could of had in the spot.

Raye didn't know you liked Impact it gets lonely in the Section love to have your thoughts in there
    I'll try! I soured on it a little after the whole Aries incident. Kross is still one of my favourite guys out there though.

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Norfolk Island

If there is one sport or sports-like thing, where you can't put the phrase "prime of his/her career" in an exact frame of years, it's pro wrestling, imo.

For example... for me, Goldust hit his prime, especially athletically, when he teamed up with Cody a couple of years back. He was 44-46 years old at that point. Randy Orton on the other hand, had his prime years before he turned 30.

Indy Talent

Status

HOLY SHIT ITS OFFICIAL, TNT BABY

https://twitter.com/tntdrama/status/1128632147248668673

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Obviously a big deal. The name TNT has a big impact on wrestler fans, even those who started watching after WCW closed like me. That's going to help AEW come Autumn. Good luck to them.

The more time goes by, the more this feels like an over the top BTB that some teen is writing. Oh sure, a brand new company is instantly going to get Chris Jericho as a wrestler, Jim Ross as a commentator, Earl Hebner as a referee, while immediately getting a weekly show on TNT. That's totally realistic.

Jobber

Status

Nice, looking forward to potentially having a wrestling show to watch again after 13 years. Please don't let me down with stupid Attitude Era/Russo-esque Crash TV AEW.
    Last edited by LinguisticTurn; 05-15-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Status

Nice TV deal. Curious on the financials of it. But strong move for AEW.

As for the "in their prime" idea, I agree with Lucha - wrestling is so hard to peg in that regard. Unlike most sports, there is major variance to when people enter the business. There is even further variance on when they go from trainee to full-time professional. Further differences on what people did before they started wrestling (impacting the "wear" on their body), how they take care of their body, and how much damage they accumulate through their career. All that said, what constitutes a "prime" also varies lol

Jake is awful spicy in here. I LIKE it.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Would you look at that, curiously vague on financial information on the TV deal

Wrestling on TNT must be quite nostalgic for those that lived through the Monday Night Wars. I think they'll go for Wednesday nights.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information