Thread: Daniel Bryan

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Daniel Bryan

Not so much a nomination thread yet, but just interested on what people think Bryan would need to do next year to get on your list or whether 2 and 1/2 years away is going to be too much of a break to consider him for this.

I think the gap is going to be too much for him to put him into my top 5 maybe top 10 regardless of what comes next year, I think it's only fair that someone that has a chance of coming out at #1 in this thing is someone that didn't miss almost 3 years of action. That being said I think there's been quite a few matches this year that have made me remember this guy is the GOAT, the Lesnar match, the Miz Summerslam match, carrying Big Cass to something watchable at MITB. Not to mention his character work at the moment is off the charts great. We get a years worth of what we've had since the heel turn, then Bryan is just going to keep rising and rising up my rankings.

He has some good shit in 2015 before he retires like the Reigns Fastlane match, a match against the usos and the WM31 ladder match.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Daniel Bryan

He's my all-time favourite wrestler but he will need a lights out 2019 for me to consider him in my top 25

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

We would probably need to be Wrestler Of The Year, which he could very well do.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

He needs to have a 2006 like year in 2019 for him to be in consideration. Can't miss three years, have a pretty good year in 2018, and then expect to be a good contender for this.

I don't care much for his 2015, I think the Reigns match is pretty disappointing for the talent involved, the Ziggler match after Mania sucked, and the ladder match was any other cookie cutter clusterfuck ladder match.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I can't do it due to the large gap, even if he has the greatest year of all time with 100 ***** matches. It just doesn't feel fair & I really haven't even loved him outside of his last 2 PPV matches which I liked & loved.

I won't begrudge anyone who does if he has a WOTY type campaign, but I can't imagine putting him on without something truly special. We all know what he can do ih the ring at his peak but I have to agree with Shock's take. He's just not got very much there but he's just now scratching the surface of what he could be so you can't count him out.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

WAKE UP

Status

Masterful performance from Bryan at WM carrying a game but very limited opponent. He really came across as End Boss level, viciously exploiting the injured ribs, constantly countering all of Kofi's staple offence and busting out different submissions. I went in not really knowing how I'd place Bryan, but I now feel he could finish Top 10, which is crazy considering how long he was out for.

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

So far he's doing pretty damn well to convince me he has to make my top 50 because he has my two favourite matches of 2019. If you're someone that's going to include Brock for having a couple matches a year that you like, then it seems harsh to leave off Bryan for missing 2 years of action but now we're in the middle of a fantastic period of his career (his best WWE work arguably) where I don't think anyone in the world can touch him for being the total package of in-ring and character work. He got 80,000 hardcore wrestling fans demanding and celebrating KOFI KINGSTON beating him for the WWE title at Wrestlemania, imagine thinking that was even remotely possible 6 months ago when he was just finishing up the Miz stuff as a babyface. It's one of the most astonishing heel turns I've ever seen from where he was with the crowd, to where he is now.

I hope dropping the title doesn't bring this character to an end because there's legs in it and if he carries on at this rate he'll be a strong wrestler of the year contender. Really if it wasn't for Kofi getting that over, his title run should of gone on for many more months.

WAKE UP

Status

Was Bryan vs Cole the best Cole match since coming to the WWE? Felt like a pretty good carryjob and I wouldn't mind seeing another match between them, which is mad considering how bad Adam Cole is.

Thread Information