Thread: Matt Riddle

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Matt Riddle

I don't know how this guy won't be on anyone's top 50 list unless he enters the witness protection program and NXT barely use him next year. The stretch of time sees him debut in 2015 (few fun matches but nothing amazing) and then become Mr. Indie wrestling from 2016 until his signing in mid-2018. I think it was Steve who said Ronda's ability of being a natural to wrestling seemed to have no recent comparison until you remember Riddle did exactly the same thing in 2016 and I'd argue he's doing it on a tougher stage where fans care more about workrate and expectations are higher.

I can't imagine people new to him won't be impressed when they check out his work from those two and a half years where he was killing it on the indies. I really think Trips should just push this guy to the moon and make him the next NXT Champion because he's incredibly likable and should be a huge star in the company if they let him be him.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Matt Riddle

He should be in store for a huge 2019. If so, he’s probably a top fifteen.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Easily near the top of my list. Doing it around the smaller UK based promotions and knocking it out of the park says it all about just how good he is.
    I have a plan so cunning......

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah he’s definitely a top 15 for me. One if my favourite guys in the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

He'll be on my list for sure, and likely quite high. I love everything about his in-ring & in "Dylan's NXT" what Ed said would absolutely be on the books & happen, I hope it does. Amazing talent & a credit that he cleaned up enough for NXT to sign him.
    #XI

The Graceful Assassin~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

WAKE UP

Status

The thing I found most impressive about Riddle is the stuff you wouldn't expect someone making a transition from MMA to wrestling to pick up easily, like how to take proper bumps and sell and act in a emotive way. Riddle can do some dumb stuff against dumb opponents, but otherwise I'm all onboard. I've not even watched anything from his 2018 and he's a Top 10 lock.

WAKE UP

Status

Watched

Matt Riddle vs Darby Allin, EVOLVE 110

Great match, and I thought worth highlighting Riddle particularly as this was a really awesome showing from him. He starts the match as a fan favourite - the King Of Bros we all love - just wanting to enjoy his final matches and even getting a few laughs in the early section, but as Allin keeps surviving and fighting he gets progressively more pissed and frustrated. Towards the end he is full on dickhead heeling, taunting Allin, putting a really vicious beating on him, talking shit to the fans, just a wonderful job getting them fully behind Allin. This may have been the best story-telling driven match I have seen from Riddle. He is such a naturally likeable dude but I really would love to see this side of him more.

I have seen some stinky fake puro no sell "epics" from him (mainly PWG) but even with them he feels like a solid Top 10 lock to me.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Really enjoyed that match. Would have it below the ZSJ and Walter matches as far as Darby's year is concerned but it's one of the standout matches or Riddle's 2018. It's performances like that which make me sad he's been snapped up in the modern climate because another year of him being the man on the scene would of been great.

Thread Information