Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Thatcher

WAKE UP

Status

Timothy Thatcher

I get the feeling he is going to be really divisive here.

Similar to comments on ZSJ, he is a really one dimensional worker. Regardless of opponent, he doesn't really change it up. However he is pretty great at that one dimension and I enjoy him way more than I don't. Superb mat worker who is really gritty and very talented, works stiff and matches up really well with all the other guys of his ilk.

I have recently started watching his work after the heel turn, and scowling, mean-mugging heel Thatcher is way more entertaining than white-meat "I don't have a TV" babyface Thatcher.

Sometimes the grappling is pretty boring and directionless, but usually he is good at what he does.

Really hard guy to gauge due to being one dimensional but I can see him being Top 25 for me.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Timothy Thatcher

That slog of an Evolve title reign hurts him more than helps him. He’s turned it around though. Feels like a bottom contender.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I probably would have to watch his pre-2016 stuff but I think he'll be in the top 25 depending on how great his 2019 is.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Similar to comments on ZSJ, he is a really one dimensional worker. Regardless of opponent, he doesn't really change it up.
    False. His match vs Hero in 2015, vs. Biff (I Quit) vs. Gargano vs. ZSJ vs. Gulak all vastly different which are all different to his tag team with WALTER. Such a bad rap for him, none of his title reign's negatives were his own fault, Gabe had no clue what to do with him & set him up to fail multiple times. In WXW they got him right away & put him in the same way BJW uses Hideki to great success.

Strong contender for me. Top 5 with a strong 2019.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

yeah Euro Tim is different to Evolve Tim. He flat up worked a hardcore brawl against bobby guns last November and was doing some comedy teaming with Brookes in progress so there’s absolutely variety there.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

WAKE UP

Status

I will have to check out the Euro Thatcher stuff. I just watched the No Ropes, No Holds Barred match with Gulak from a couple years ago. Solid match but one thing I kept noticing was how hesitant Thatcher was to take any bumps. Even spills to the floor he looked he like was doing them very carefully. Then he did eat a big suplex on the bare wood towards the end, but he didn't look like a guy who enjoyed wrestling that type of match.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Just watched Ringkampf Vs British Strong Style from wXw's anniversary show this month, great 6 man match where Tim was the star of the show. He took the brunt of the damage, but also was the one to pick up the victory. Another example of him looking comfortable and showing more personality in Europe. I hate how much I loved that considering how much I hate current wXw and the BSS touring 6 man match.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

WAKE UP

Status

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YnHuHe8T5I
    Timothy Thatcher vs Daniel Makabe - 3-2-1 Battle! "Wet Hot Seattle Summer"

Very cool match with Thatcher as the touring Superstar coming in and beating up the local fed hero before putting him over big time. 3-2-1 Battle appears to be a Chikara-lite goofball promotion and Makabe is a Quackenbush-lite. Thatcher's utter contempt for this whole setting is tremendous, and makes the post-match stuff even better. Came away from this thinking he's an easy Top 10 guy.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YnHuHe8T5I
    Timothy Thatcher vs Daniel Makabe - 3-2-1 Battle! "Wet Hot Seattle Summer"

Very cool match with Thatcher as the touring Superstar coming in and beating up the local fed hero before putting him over big time. 3-2-1 Battle appears to be a Chikara-lite goofball promotion and Makabe is a Quackenbush-lite. Thatcher's utter contempt for this whole setting is tremendous, and makes the post-match stuff even better. Came away from this thinking he's an easy Top 10 guy.
    I've seen this match, absolutely hated how that promotion does their commentary, found it distracting. Other than that it's a really great match and Thatcher feels like 'the man' in it.

Makabe is a guy people are high on despite him not really getting chances anywhere but 321.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Scoundrel

Status

According to Cagematch, Makabe is 6' 1" and 205 lbs. He looks like a child in comparison to Thatcher.

Also yeah, their commentary style sucks.

EDIT: I've just seen that Thatcher and Makabe had a rematch this year, with Makabe coming out with the scarf and demanding a proper referee. Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtlN9MAWhFQ
    Last edited by Regal or Riot; 01-02-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Just got done watching Ilja Vs Thatcher from wXw, so that's their 2nd match this year after their first for Progress and even though I did like their UK match, this was even better, even more stiff and snug, they even reproduce the chop Tim's forehead spot from Regal's gif. Two months into 2019 and it feels like Thatcher could end up as my WOTY, he's connecting with me a lot more than Walter is so far.

I've committed to the idea that if there's one rewatch project I need to do, it's rewatching all of Tim's Evolve title matches now that I'm a fan of his work because there's every chance I'll find more joy in those matches a 2nd time around and if that happens Thatcher jumps up into being a top contender for this.