Thread: "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams

WAKE UP

Status

"Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams

I've been really enjoying this guy's run in EVOLVE, not someone who is seen as at the top of the grappler crew, but he is as technically proficient on the mat as any of them. He has a weird looking physique - tall but skinny and gangly looking. Him getting fired up and bringing the heat should look silly, and it often does, but I actually find it quite endearing. He can do some really weird out of place offence like a 619 or whatever, but his strikes almost always look good.

Recently watched his matches with Keith Lee and thought they were really good. He knows how to work as a Little Man against the bigger opponent, and he works a smart, focused match and does enough violent looking stuff to come across as credible despite being clearly out-gunned.

Feels like a mid-range guy to me at this point but we'll see.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: "Hotsauce" Tracey Williams

For a long time he was what people tried to claim Thatcher was. Now I don't see him as a negative as much, actually he's pretty good & I hope ROH uses him more, but top 50 since 2015? NOOOOOOOO.

So uninspiring he can't even get his name spelled right in this.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Re: "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams

I like him but there’s not a strong enough case.

WAKE UP

Status

Just watched

Chris Hero vs Tracey Williams, EVOLVE 72

This is probably my favorite Williams singles match I can recall. Williams, the smaller guy, suplexed Hero at the bell and was super aggressive at the start as clearly clearly knew he was out-gunned here. Once Hero takes back control he lays in a really stiff beating on Williams, and thankfully it's "less is more" - big shots get big reactions fro the crowd, and there's only one piledriver but it's a massive nearfall. Williams believably makes a comeback and hits hard enough to credibly hang with Hero, and he sells the upset victory like it's the biggest win of his career. Great match.

WAKE UP

Status

Tracy Williams vs Eddie Kingston, AIW 'Hell On Earth' 2018

Hell of big time title match that delivered. They went about 30 minutes and paced the match out really well for the most part, and made this feel like a main event epic. They worked dual body-part injuries, with Wiliams coming with a bandaged shoulder and then working over King's hand/fingers. All really well done and they slowly raise the temperature until boils over and they're scrapping on the floor and throwing out the big bombs. Only negatives were that some of Hotsauce's strikes still look like shit, especially in the ring with a guy like Eddie, and the finish was trash hokey indy fighting spirit, but otherwise this was a really good match and a reminder Tracy Williams still exists and very good.

His EVOLVE run is probably enough for me to keep him in #50, but has anyone got any Hotsauce recs for other feds like ROH?

Thread Information