Thread: Zack Sabre Jr.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Zack Sabre Jr.

Has to be in the discussion for sure.

This dude has been lights out since 2015. I know some people said he had some complacency in 2016 but I for real never saw it. He’s his own sort of niche now. Unique performer. Has had killer matches with the likes of Hero, Ospreay, Ishii, Marty, Ciampa, and even Chuckie T. Definitely top ten for me.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Zack Sabre Jr.

He has a really strong case of being number 1. He’s very consistent, very reliable, well-known to most of our members, has numerous good-great matches, has a style that is very popular. If he has a lights out 2019 he will probably be my number 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

WAKE UP

Status

Since diving back into indy wrestling, he's probably the guy I've found myself enjoying the most of. In terms of volume that is, because he has been everywhere. Considering he started as a terrible fake WOS cosplayer he's improved tonnnes.

However the one thing against Zack is that, like a lot of his peers, he's a very one dimensional worker and only wrestles one style of match. He is really damn good at that match, but if you watch a bunch together like I have been, they do blur together. You are not going to see a ZSJ brawl, or him in an exciting spotfest, or a heavyweight slugfest. That is what limits him and puts him a step below the top indy workers of yester-decade.

But ZSJ torturing geeks beneath him is always fun to watch and he feels like a strong Top 10 contender.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Oh, must of not replied to this one

Zack's been one of the few wrestlers in the world to be great and a WOTYC every year we're looking at so goes without saying he's a #1 contender for me. I do hear what Steve's saying about there's no great variety in Zack working a bunch of styles, but I do prefer him being the master of one trade rather than him try to incorporate a style that would be totally unnatural to his ability. I'm not sure what a Sabre Jr spotfest would even look like. Where I do think there's variety in his matches is in his performance of his character, is he trying to embarrass his opponent by wrapping them up into pretzels, is he deliberately trying to hurt an opponent and go after their injury, is he stoic and serious like he is against Walter because he knows it's his career rival and someone he's lost to plenty of times, and naturally that can lead to matches having a different tone about them. Something like the Chuck Taylor match in PWG feels totally different to the G1 match against Sanada, so for me he's not one dimensional. The other thing I like about Zack is he feels like one of the few wrestlers in the world where his match could end at any time by countless ways, he isn't someone predictable like an Okada for example where you know he's only ever winning via a rainmaker so you don't have to pay full attention until the first rainmaker is kicked out of.

I've been watching the 2015 16 Carat tournament because one of the only blind spots I have for Zack is the wXw I haven't got around to seeing yet. He started off slow against Axel Tischer, but his quarter final with Daisuke Harada was really fucking great and his semi final match with Axel Dietar Jr was pretty good to say he was against someone I don't normally enjoy. I just love the little things Zack adds to his submissions which no-one else thinks about, for example against Dietar Jr he has him in an armbar, but instead of just focusing on the arm he's also grinding his boot back and forth over Axel's face at the same time, Zack always takes advantage of whatever limb he's got free. Zero I know you'd of seen them wrestle in NOAH, but if you've never seen Harada's matches in wXw you'd love the Zack match.

He had a match with Walter that weekend in Ambition also, but the style wasn't for me, so it was the weakest match I've ever seen those two have.

WAKE UP

Status

Watched Zack vs SANADA from last years G1 as Ed had it on his Top 100 list and was pleasantly surprised. I've never seen anything from SANADA that leads me to think he's above average, but Zack carried him to a pretty fun Euro-style match. Borderline too WOS cosplay-ish but I'm feeling forgiving and as its rare to see that style these days let alone in a New Japan ring.

Has Zack done anything worth watching this year? Feels like he's a bit lost in the mire in NJPW and needs new surroundings.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

He had some good matches in the NJ Cup and a title match with Ibushi at Sengoku lord which I thought was very good. I'm not sure I'd call anything must see or ground breaking however. Such are the problems with New Japan's staleness that already in about 2 1/2 years I feel like I've seen Zack wrestle everyone multiple times other than Suzuki. I think his match against young lion Shota Umino would actually be the 2019 Zack match you'd be the highest on.

Apparently he had a great match at Rev Pro with Suzuki against Aussie Open last weekend but I haven't gotten around to watching that yet.

Thread Information