Thread: Charlotte Flair

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Charlotte Flair

Let's get some women represented on here too, and Charlotte is the obvious discussion starter.

Pros:
    - The matches. The Becky series was amazing. Not just at Evolution and TLC, but I loved their Super Showdown and Hell in a Cell match. The Bayley match from Raw in February (?) 2017 was great. The Sasha series was fantastic, especially the Hell in a Cell. Asuka from Wrestlemania and recently on SmackDown. The Ronda match from Survivor Series stands out as the best of the bunch in my opinion. Match of the night at Wrestlemania 32 (easy in fairness) and 34. In terms of high end female matches, nobody touches her.
    - Fantastic in-ring personality. She's good at selling, takes mental bumps, can portray hatred and intensity better than 99% of all wrestlers male or female.
    - Delivers in big matches. Some people don't value this but I do. If you want someone to deliver on the big stage you can't get much more reliable than Charlotte.

Cons:
    - Doesn't have many examples of her carrying a far worse opponent. Bayley, Sasha, Asuka, Becky and Ronda are all women that are extremely talented and proven they can have great matches elsewhere.
    - Her high end stuff is very very good, but she doesn't have a full resume below that. I'm struggling to think of much outside of her big PPV matches and the odd Raw match with Sasha and Bayley that stand out.

I'm torn so far. The high end stuff seems too much to ignore but the cons are quite significant IMO. I don't think she has as strong a case as Asuka for this, but she would be my number 2 female as far as American women go.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Charlotte Flair

She's someone with very strong pros and cons. Out of everyone in American female wrestling, Charlotte peaks higher than anyone, especially in big PPV matches, but the flip side of that is she's not very impressive in the weekly TV matches. As you say Shock she doesn't have a great record of elevating a weaker wrestlers performance; she does have something like Sasha raising Alexa's game, Asuka having fun matches with Dana Brooke or Bayley getting something entertaining out of Eva Marie.

2015 is a bit of a nothing year for her to if I'm being harsh but fair. She has the 4 way at a Takeover but other than that she has nothing on NXT and that weird time in Team PCB where she's struggling to find her feet as the rocket pack is strapped to her back.

The encouraging thing for her is that 2018 has been her best year yet and she's really found her groove as an experienced performer on the big stage so hopefully that transitions into 2019. Also the creation of a womens tag team championship could provide Charlotte with a way of impressing in another role if they at any point use her in that division.

I think what could hold Charlotte (and other WWE women) back is how much people are willing to dive into Joshi for research. I barely dipped my toes in the water and am confident there's going to be a case for Kairi Sane, Io Shirai and Meiko Satomura to make my top 50 and those are just the obvious names. I'm sure Zero, Shake and HoHo will be able to suggest more names that have been super impressive this last 4 years. To me the big hope of this whole thing is members getting out of their comfort zone and watching stuff they've not really been paying attention to.

My instincts say Asuka would be my top female, but we'll see.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status
      Country                    United States

Wasn’t Charlotte up for worst female wrestler of the year in 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

MADMIN KING

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Wasn’t Charlotte up for worst female wrestler of the year in 2015?

Bloody hell Booty that's a good memory:

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=163297

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

It's tough with Charlotte because she does well in big matches but fails if it's anything less than that. 2018 is probably the only year where I've liked that majority of her stuff. This is really the only year where he started to meet the hype that WWE and others give here in my opinion. Her top level matches with Asuka and Ronda Rousey have been very good, the Lynch feud has been good in parts although I'm not a big fan of their matches together. But 2017 was really bad year for Charlotte imo. Forgettable feuds with Bayley and Natylya. Meh title reigns, had a real bad match with Bliss at that years Survivor Series. 2016 depends on whether you liked the Banks feud which I was up and down on. I like the TV matches they had together but they bombed on PPV and I really didn't enjoy the HIAC with Banks at all. 2015 was a nothing year but it was a year where they was struggling to transition the women form NXT to the main roster so I can let it go.

Maybe if she had a good 2019, I could consider her but right now, I struggle to seriously consider her.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Once she can land Moonsaults without over-rotating and find some women willing to catch her, she'll be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Bloody hell Booty that's a good memory:

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=163297
    Thanks brother. She really sucked ass the second half of that year.

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Once she can land Moonsaults without over-rotating and find some women willing to catch her, she'll be golden.
    This is actually because she has those big fake titties - if you land on those, they burst. She should just stop doing the spot because it never looks good and practically none of the WWE women are good at catching dives.

I like Charlotte, but when asking the question of if she is the best female worker, I think it is also a question of opportunity - no one has had more high profile matches than her. This is good and bad. She has the highlights, but there are also times where she's quite exposed. Only elite talents can be constantly in big matches and constantly deliver, and I don't think she is.

That said she may make the low end of a Top 50. I thought she was great in the Ronda match. I'm not nearly as high on some of the stuff Shock mentioned, but she's one of a small number of women I'm considering.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I think she would be my highest female for sure. I know her 2015 was kind of trash but she got out of her slump quite brilliantly and caught on the the main roster. She gets the industry.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I really don't think she brings a lot to the table on her own. Looking at how she wrestles almost all of her moves come across sloppy and not even painful looking. I think those Sasha matches flat out suck and counter whatever good the matches working with Asuka did which were both great. The Bayley match was good and the Becky LMS match was good if flawed. Ronda was really good but the problem is Ronda and Asuka are by far the two best main roster workers. Everything else is basically either nothing of note or flat out bad. Her promos range from good to bad depending on the time and she often gets by with how well she Carrie's herself.

I don't like to say this because you really do never know, but there's basically a 0% chance she could make my top 50 no matter what happens in 2019.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Thread Information