Thread: Cesaro

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Cesaro

The TV worker of WWE of the half decade. The stuff this guy does in the ring still astounds me to this day, and he's by far one of the most fun wrestlers to watch in the world. He's definitely one of the WWE wrestlers that I am considering.

The pros:

- Excellent tag team as part of the Bar, with great matches against the Hardys, The Usos, The New Day to name a few. Not only this but the start of the half decade was his tag team with Tyson Kidd, which was a breath of fresh air at the time.
    - Singles matches with the likes of Sheamus, Roman Reigns, the great Intercontinental Four Way at Extreme Rules (that he was the best part of), John Cena to name a few.
    - Pretty much always good, often great. Very rarely has an off day.

The cons:
    - Had a couple of periods of not being used / quiet times.
    - Lack of truly top tier matches. He's not AJ Styles, Okada, or even Brock that have numberous 5 star (or near enough) matches to his name.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Cesaro

The cons feel like they are more "needs to grab brass ring" Vince nonsense than down to Cesaro. Every time he is given time to work with he produces something awesome, regardless of opponent. He got great matches out of Broken Down Matt & Jeff after all. I think he's a serious #1 contender.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I think his biggest con would be too long spent in The Bar. Don't get me wrong I like the team and they've had their share of great matches in the first year of their run, but watching the 3 way at TLC I felt nothing; perfectly fine tag match but I'm never going to watch that again. They had a splutter of good matches on SD in the summer tag tournament, but otherwise 2018 has been a complete write off year for Cesaro in terms of best worker talk. I don't even have Cesaro in my top 100 wrestlers of 2018 list because there's just so few opportunities this year to showcase how great he is. If he spends another year tagging with Sheamus, I'm sorry he doesn't have a chance of sniffing my top 25 because there's just too many people having high end matches while he has fun, good matches with The New Day on Tuesday nights.

He's someone that the brand split should of helped and it's done nothing for him. As good as these tag matches are, his singles matches with John Cena in 2015 before the draft are FANTASTIC and are something you can point to as evidence to say he's one of the greatest wrestlers in the world, not just he's one of the greatest TAG TEAM wrestlers in the world. I am dying for more Cesaro singles matches, if there's one guy in that company that I wish would either leave or demand a creative change, it's Cesaro because we're only getting a glimmer of the output we should be getting from someone that talented.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah, I would say he’s in consideration, but I don’t think the last you year’s with Sheamus has been that significant for him.

Killer 2015 though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I'm surprised at the negative reaction to the Bar. I think they're a fantastic team and I can't say I'm tired of them. They, along with the Usos and the New Day, made tag team wrestling fun on the main roster again.

Shock Reviews Archive

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Sure, but anyone that’s been following Claudio’s career since the indies knows he has potential for a much better singles career and he’s now approaching 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Oh absolutely he could be doing a lot more but you could use that logic for just about anything. What I value highly is his ability to make every match of his worth watching whether he's wrestling John Cena or Jey Uso. I think that is an extremely valuable trait to have.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Shock Reviews Archive

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I'm surprised at the negative reaction to the Bar. I think they're a fantastic team and I can't say I'm tired of them. They, along with the Usos and the New Day, made tag team wrestling fun on the main roster again.
    This is going to sound like I'm having even more of a dig at the bar, but I feel like all three of those teams haven't had as good a 2018 as their 2017 and we've entered a diminishing returns situation. It's near impossible for WWE to have all divisions firing on all cylinders and where I think more attention and care has gone into making the womens and cruiserweight divisions more important, the tag teams this year have felt like a complete afterthought and matches for PPVs are just added as an obligation moreso than because they're an angle with any interest.

As I said before I'm a fan of the bar and it has given Cesaro his best success in the company which in the short term was great, but after 2 years+ I'm eager for something else and I think the company would feel the benefit of trying that. If you put Cesaro on Raw, all these mediocre singles wrestlers get the boost of working better matches when Cesaro makes them look like a million bucks, and if you keep him on SD as a singles guy then you get some great matches on your hands with AJ, Bryan, Ali, Almas etc. You don't even need to break them up, just throw us a bone of a singles match when The Bar aren't involved in a tag titles program.

Status

I'm a huge mark for The Bar but also see where Ed's coming from. On the one hand, the period of time this year when they were off Smackdown felt criminally long for me, badly missing their baller entrance and consistently fun matches. On the other, since coming back they've still been reasonably entertaining but they can only run so many matches with The Usos and New Day before the cracks start to show, and even going into the start of this year I thought the point of moving The Bar was get them some marquee spots in a break-up feud.

I think the team has run its course, simply because both guys deserve to be bigger than a tag team at this point, and though they've more than made the best of the hand they were dealt, I wanna see no more Bar by Summerslam of next year. Cesaro in particular deserves his one big singles run at some point (Sheamus has had a few chances), and has been discussed in this thread, he does everything to the best of his abilities. A singles run on Smackdown starting with a feud with someone like Styles, Almas, Joe, Bryan, really just about anybody, would be great.

To the point of this thread I think he's had an exceptional, low-key run in the last eight years, and is definitely one of the best WWE talents in that time. He's been must-watch for me for years.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

If you want to measure by individual talent & his own wrestling he has a strong case for top 5-10 in the world, But the match output simply isn't there, through no fault of his own.

I'm a huge fan of The Bar but booking is always gonna hold them back if they keep doing what they're doing. You can only wrestle the same teams over & over so many times & at times they were off TV forever like Silk said. If you could give them fresh opponents I think they could be great still, and of course Cesaro himself is amazing no matter what he does. A singles run would be great, but I have a sinking feeling WWE sees him as he is what he is at this point, & those wishes will go unfulfilled..

Heel Champion

Status

Always been a massive fan of Cesaro so I can see where people are coming from with The Bar. Has to be said in my opinion Cesaro has all the tools to be a main event star but at the same time he is too good of a tag team wrestler. Like his duos with Sheamus, Tyson Kidd and even back in the day with Chris Hero. I think sadly I've now given up on the day of Cesaro as world champion but as long as he is used well I have no complaints.

WAKE UP

Status

Just watched

Roman Reigns vs Cesaro, RAW 11/12/2017

Man, everyone needs to re/watch this one. Far and away the best match RAW in the past 5 years. Both guys lay it in and Cesaro tears up Roman's arm in a bunch of nasty ways. Loved the giant swing arm-first into the barricades and all the big submission spots. Reigns was fueding with Joe I believe at this point and this was a token match, but they did a great job making Cesaro look like he could win the belt. All of his cut-offs were great and he was relentless going after the injured arm. Cesaro looked #1 calibre in this match.

Relentless Admin

Status

Cesaro getting traded to Raw as a singles act gives him a tremendous chance to rise up my rankings these last 8 months or so.

Relentless Admin

Status

^ lol

I'm glad I gave a selective view of Crown Jewel to watch Cesaro Vs Mansoor because I thought it was a great example of Cesaro being a ring general and leading a relatively green wrestler through a pretty good match it has to be said. It's a sad state of affairs that a match with Mansoor was one of his best of the 2019, but here we are.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    ^ lol

I'm glad I gave a selective view of Crown Jewel to watch Cesaro Vs Mansoor because I thought it was a great example of Cesaro being a ring general and leading a relatively green wrestler through a pretty good match it has to be said. It's a sad state of affairs that a match with Mansoor was one of his best of the 2019, but here we are.
    Tbf he worked a lot of good TV matches since the shake up against folks like Cedric, Rey, Aleister and Ricochet. Obviously he never had a chance to put on any classics but he literally never has a bad match either.

Thread Information