Thread: 2019 Breakout Talents?

[Joy To The WC]

Status
      Country                    England

2019 Breakout Talents?

With WWE, ROH, New Japan, MLW and so on getting everyone under the sun under exclusive contracts, it's clear the previous years of truly "independent" talent & companies may be disappearing in the next couple of years (#killingtheindies).

That said, who stands to benefit the most from this sudden surge of exclusivity? When companies lose access to talents, spots open up and they must be filled. So rather look at the doom & gloom side of things, who do you think will be the wrestlers to take advantage of this & make a name for themselves next year? I'm mostly looking at BritWres guys, but I'm sure everyone has their own expertise to draw on (HoHo with Joshi, Zero & MC 16 with Puro, Jimmy King with the US West Coast, etc.)

My personal picks:
    - Chuck Mambo - In the last 12 months, Mambo's really started to step away from the opening act/jobber role and get taken a tad more seriously. He had a productive SSS16 weekend (including a great sleeper match with ZSJ), won the PROGRESS World Cup & Wembley pre-show Battle Royal, and finished the year turning heel to align with the group "Do Not Resuscitate" who look set to be a big part of PROGRESS angles in the next few months. I'd be concerned about his heel turn, but having watched him at ATTACK shows with him turning heel there too, I'm confident he's got the chops to get by. Throw in starting to get booked by Fight Club Pro too, and it's clear Chuck's got a make or break year ahead of him as he fills the gaps others are leaving

- El Phantasmo - ELP has had a decent role in Rev Pro for a while now, but recently won the company's British J Cup in a pretty decent field of UK & Japanese entrants, so it's clear the company has plans for him. I'm not sure if he's signed to Rev Pro exclusively (or if they even do that as a company), but it does surprise me we don't see him a lot elsewhere. However, as an established name in a company like that, it wouldn't surprise me to see him more in demand in the coming months

- Team WhiteWolf - The Spanish lads of A-Kid & Carlos Romo have quietly planted a little spot for themselves in the UK scene, with regular appearances in Rev Pro & ATTACK Pro (where they had an absolute belter with Aussie Open at Winterslam, check it yo). I see big things for them as a duo in 2019, especially in PROGRESS with Moustache Mountain, Grizzled Young Vets & The 198 all potentially out the door shortly.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Re: 2019 Breakout Talents?

To go out of my area of "expertise", I got to go with Maxwell Jacob Friedman. Seen little of him but I've enjoyed what I have seen of him this year in CZW, AAW and at All In. He seems like a really solid wrestler and a good promo. With MLW growing as a company, I hope with him being a former Middleweight champion, he gets more of a spotlight to show off what he can do. He is doing more stuff with Game Changer Wrestling and that company seems like a gate way to fame these days so that's a good sign I hope.
    Last edited by MC 16; 12-23-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

El Phantasmo and MJF are good shouts.

I think Darby Allin will be a Wrestler Of The Year finalist in 2019.

Jungle Boy will also be this 2019’s Bandido.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 12-23-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Man their are two talents right now who I think are really ready to break out that people aren't talking enough about in my opinion. They come from Tokyo Joshi Pro and their names are Yuu and Yuka Sakazaki. Yuu to me if I compare her to another talent Male or Female is Jeff Cobb and Chihiro Hashimoto. She might be short, but this girl is tough, strong and takes no prisoners from anyone. Yuka Sakazaki might be one half of Tag Champions for the promotion I love her skills. She might have that kawaii[cute] smile and voice, but this girl is legit one of the best all around Wrestlers I've seen since watching TJPW. I hope she does down the line get Miyu Yamashita in a program because they could have some Match of the Year type of quality Matches in my opinion.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Yuu has actually left Tokyo Joshi Pro now and is currently freelancing around Europe at the moment. Even having a match in wXw a yesterday against Alpha Female and Killer Kelly. I expect her to head back to Japan after a bit and start wrestling in companies like Oz Academy and Sendai Girls, etc. So she is a good shout. Yuka is great but probably not.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Yuu has actually left Tokyo Joshi Pro now and is currently freelancing around Europe at the moment. Even having a match in wXw a yesterday against Alpha Female and Killer Kelly. I expect her to head back to Japan after a bit and start wrestling in companies like Oz Academy and Sendai Girls, etc. So she is a good shout. Yuka is great but probably not.
    I wonder if she would like Ice Ribbon or Stardom even more though. Ice Ribbon has one girl like her who is still young in Hiragi Kurumi, and Kyona seems relegated to the Tag Division in Stardom and could need a heavy hitter like her too. Whatever she lands she will be a great asset to that promotion.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Brent Banks is somebody on the Canadian scene that I've seen and enjoyed in SMASH

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Nice to hear ELP, I’ve been following his career for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Curtain Jerker

Status

Chuck Mambo is fucking dreadful. And an absolute tool in real life too.

Drew Parker is one to keep an eye on. Spike Trivet too. Both awesome and don't deserve to be pigeonholed like they are being.

Parker gives me a very Jon Moxley-like vibe.

Hail To The King

Status

Flip Gordon seems someone on the rise and a guy I could see get pushed into the main event.

Martin Kirby should be getting signed soon to a big brand as well

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

I just thought about it and maybe with the decision this company made recently that HZK with Stardom is the brink on breaking out as well.

Spoiler:

HZK won the High Speed Title over Mari Apache the recently

So with the new given opportunity for HZK, her arrogant I DON'T GIVE NO FUCKS ATTITUDE she carries she could be White Belt Champion if Rossy has Momo ever beat Kagetsu down the line.

BRO

Status

Austin Theory, dude is killing it right now and I think this will be a huge HUGE year for him, could see him maybe in NXT by years end, I mean he's already had a few matches with NXT guys or with some in it, has two different ones with Johnny Gargano coming up soon. (one is a tag match, and then a one on one match also.). Mark my words, this dude is a future star in the making.

R.I.P. Fuji

Status

From a few clips I’ve seen I think Orange Cassidy has a real shot of making a name for himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    From a few clips I’ve seen I think Orange Cassidy has a real shot of making a name for himself
    Is he doing anything of value these days? It'd be great if he could gain some traction since the dude was damn good a decade ago, but unlike some other masked guys in CHIKARA, for whatever reason, he never seemed to find some proper attention without the mask.

[Joy To The WC]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Is he doing anything of value these days? It'd be great if he could gain some traction since the dude was damn good a decade ago, but unlike some other masked guys in CHIKARA, for whatever reason, he never seemed to find some proper attention without the mask.
    He's like Hallowicked where he's been quite happy to stick with CHIKARA for the most part (he's a trainer there too I believe), then venturing out occasionally without the mask for mostly safe comedy matches. He seems quite content with his place in the business, although if he's starting to get more serious then he could end up like Chuck where he gets pushed based on so many others getting signed elsewhere

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Relentless Admin

Status

Who did he wrestle as under the mask?

I think he will be a fairly big name on the scene this year, you might as well pencil him in for BOLA already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Who did he wrestle as under the mask?

I think he will be a fairly big name on the scene this year, you might as well pencil him in for BOLA already.
    He competed in CHIKARA for many years.

Random text so that I can post the spoiler tag without it showing up in the side.

Random text so that I can post the spoiler tag without it showing up in the side.

That should be enough, I guess.

Spoiler:

Orange Cassidy is better known for being Fire Ant of The Colony. He used to be the star of The Colony, now Solider Ant is doing his thing on 205 Live and Green Ant is likely to have a good year with ROH in 2019, although I had assumed he'd be going to WWE at some point due to being a star in EVOLVE for years.

Relentless Admin

Status

Someone's worried Quack is gonna come after him

I knew of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Someone's worried Quack is gonna come after him

I knew of the other two.
    Eh, fuck Quack. But I know some people love staying in the fictional world of CHIKARA. Revealing the true identity of CHIKARA masked wrestlers to those who want to remain in the dark is comparable to telling a 5 year old that Santa doesn't exist.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Would Ridgeway count as a breakout in 2019? I could see him stepping up into a main presence with a lot of the big BritWres guys off the table.

In Japan I think you have to look at AJPW's Okada as one of the main talents ready to take a big step forward along with Duminori Abe if he wrestles in more places.

I predict Das Wunderkind Alex Wright will be this year's PCO and have a strong match at Wrestlemania weekend and go on to big things on the indie scene culminating with main eventing at least one PWG show.

Thread Information