Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool - Jan. 12, 2019 - Card & Discussion

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

NXT UK Takeover NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool - Jan. 12, 2019 - Card & Discussion

---

WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne vs Joe Coffey

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    At the historic NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool, WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne will go head-to-head with Gallus’ Joe Coffey.

The personification of ruthless dominance, Pete Dunne has stood as the undisputed WWE United Kingdom Champion since overcoming Tyler Bate nearly 600 days ago. Through it all, his extensive arsenal has been overshadowed only by his brutal nature, and time and time again, he has demonstrated an unyielding drive to reign supreme by any means necessary. Without question, separating The BruiserWeight from his illustrious title will require nothing short of a force of nature.

Enter Joe Coffey. The formation of NXT UK has arguably been synonymous with the rise of The Iron King. Flanked by his Gallus cohorts Mark Coffey and Wolfgang, the dominant competitor has consistently unleashed sheer havoc with the insistence that the rising brand was their kingdom. Utilizing an offense of earth-shattering cruelty, Coffey is determined to show that he is the quintessential force who will finally dethrone the battle-tested titleholder, even going so far as to periodically request his Gallus brothers stay in the back and allow him to go it alone.

In addition to the natural mutual animosity between them, the problems between Dunn and Coffey have been fueled by Gallus’ continued attacks on the titleholder’s British Strong Style cohorts Moustache Mountain, as the WWE United States Champion has emerged to serve as an equalizer on several of those altercations and helped send the dangerous Scottish trio heading for the hills.

During a contract signing for their title match, however, the Iron King would seize the momentum. After Dunne snapped his fingers, Coffey used a Gallus distraction to roar back and pull the sadistic champion through a table.

Don’t miss the epic United Kingdom Championship showdown between Dunne and Coffey when NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool makes history, Saturday Jan. 12 at 2 p.m. ET on the award-winning WWE Network.
    ---

NXT UK Women's Champion Rhea Ripley vs Toni Storm

At the historic NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool event, Toni Storm aims to dethrone NXT UK Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley in a highly anticipated rematch.

In the hard-fought final to crown the first-ever NXT UK Women’s Champion, Ripley injured Storm’s back to such a degree that she completely neutralized Storm’s finishing maneuver, Storm Zero, and ultimately defeated her to claim the illustrious title.

Since then, Storm has been on an absolute roll. The 2018 Mae Young Classic winner is poised to once again step up and attempt to conquer The Mosh Pit Kid, but will it be “Toni time” when Storm stands face-to-face with the ruthless titleholder?

After all, since winning the inaugural title, the destructive force that is Rhea Ripley has not let up for a moment, dismantling any opponent who has gotten in her way. Clearly, she has only grown more merciless since last locking up with Storm.

Find out who win emerge from the groundbreaking event with the NXT UK Women’s Championship in their possession when TakeOver: Blackpool streams live from the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool, England, on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, only on the award-winning WWE Network.
    ---

Dave Mastiff vs Eddie Dennis
    No Disqualifications

Two mighty titans will collide at NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool when the undefeated “Bomber” Dave Mastiff goes head-to-head against his bitter adversary Eddie Dennis in NXT UK’s first-ever No Disqualification Match, a stipulation guaranteed to leave the historic event in ruins.

After weeks of establishing dominance over the NXT UK locker room, Mastiff emerged victorious over Dennis in a knockdown drag out brawl between undefeated competitors. But as time would soon show, that showdown would only serve as the opening volley to their destructive rivalry. The following week, Dennis reengaged Mastiff by attacking him during a backstage interview. The Bomber would roar back by unleashing an assault on the former Headmaster during his match in the next episode. Not to be outdone, Dennis returned the favor by neutralizing Mastiff’s opponent as he was making his entrance and denying the Bomber his prey.

Following weeks of mutual chaos which merely intensified their rivalry, Dennis once again battled Mastiff in a rematch established to settle matters between them once and for all. But, when they both put their hands on the official during an out-of-control slugfest, the referee was forced to call for the bell and disqualify them both. As a result, General Manager Johnny Saint declared that the two intense foes would again square off in a No Disqualification Match at NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool.

Find out who will emerge victorious in the highly-anticipated showdown between the two monsters at NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool, Saturday Jan. 12 at 2 p.m. ET on the award-winning WWE Network.
    ---

NXT UK Tag Team Championship Match
    Moutache Mountain vs Zack Gibson & James Drake

At NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool, former NXT Tag Team Champions Moustache Mountain will go to war against the formidable combination of Zack Gibson & James Drake in a historic matchup to determine the first-ever NXT UK Tag Team Champions. Amidst rumors of the coming NXT UK Tag Team Titles, Tyler Bate & Trent Seven boldly emerged on the first episodes of NXT UK and served notice to the rest of the locker room. Determined to make history once again as the first titleholders to the rising brand, Bate & Seven challenged their fellow competitors to form the greatest tandems possible in an attempt to stand in their way.

Among the numerous combinations who answered that call were Liverpool’s No. 1 and his intense cohort Drake. Eager to impress NXT UK General Manager Johnny Saint, the tag team quickly proved themselves standouts to say the least, armed with a combined brutality that was as ruthless as it was effective.

In the Semifinals of the subsequent competition to determine the inaugural titleholders, Moustache Mountain overcame Gallus’ Mark Coffey & Wolfgang, while Gibson & Drake bested the incomparable Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster, setting the stage for what is sure to be an explosive showdown for glory this Saturday.

Find out who will make history at the first-ever NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool, this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT on the award-winning WWE Network, with a special NXT UK: Blackpool Pre-Show airing at 1:30 p.m. ET / 10:30 a.m. PT. You can see the Pre-Show on WWE Network, as well as WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
    ---

Travis Banks vs Jordan Devlin

In a showdown bred in patriotic fever, Travis Banks will take on Jordan Devlin at the first-ever NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool this Saturday.

Since coming to NXT UK, Devlin has been on a tirade, amassing victory after victory in his quest to assert Irish dominance over the rising brand, including a title match against WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne in which he took The BrusierWeight to the absolute limit.

Though Banks’ start in NXT UK was brought to a sudden halt thanks to a 3-on-1 assault by the dominating Gallus faction, The Kiwi Buzzsaw quickly recouped to bring his explosive offense to a whole new audience. But, his quest was destined to be disturbed by The Irish Ace, who emerged to question Banks’ patriotism.

A war of words would result in the episodes that followed, eventually leading to a brawl between them after Banks’ matchup against Tyson T-Bone. With such animosity clearly present, General Manager Johnny Saint decided that they would settle things at NXT UK TakeOver.

Don’t miss the historic first-ever NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool, this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT on the award-winning WWE Network, with a special NXT UK: Blackpool Pre-Show airing at 1:30 p.m. ET / 10:30 a.m. PT. You can see the Pre-Show on WWE Network, as well as WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest
    Feel free to speculate, discuss, and predict the card and results for NXT UK's first Takeover, taking place on January 12, 2019.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 01-10-2019 at 10:45 PM.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool - Jan. 12, 2019 - Card & Discussion

I sold out and actually bought tickets for this and the TV taping the night after because a couple of friends egged me on to do so and go with them. It's looking like we'll be having a weekend in Blackpool and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it. Not a fan of give Vince my money but at least I'm supporting an up and coming brand and group of stars and helping to show that the way NXT does things is profitable.

I'm low-key hoping this has WALTER's debut match on it but I'm trying to temper my expectations because I really doubt that will happen.

Friendship King

Status

The first match (that I'm aware of) has been added to the OP: Rhea Ripley vs Toni Storm. I'm sure there'll be more matches confirmed soon enough but until there's a preview on WWE.com, then idk.

Friendship King

Status

Two more matches have been added. First off, Dave Mastiff vs Eddie Dennis in a No Disqualification match.

Secondly, UK Champion Pete Dunne defends his strap against Vandal Von Chaos, a CAW I made like a decade ago that quite clearly did not age well Joe Coffey.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Dennis vs Mastiff in a No DQ match is going to be real fun
    I have a plan so cunning......

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I have a few episodes to catch up on but I like the way things are coming together.

It does kind of feel like Dunne’s reign is in danger. I feel like Triple H sees a lot of Coffey in himself and wants to set up Coffey boring us to tears with a title reign.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Yooooo Mang

Status

I kind of like the Coffey and Gallus as a whole but I don’t think Dunne is dropping the strap just yet unless of course they have main roster plans for him. I’m excited for this NXT UK has been the only wrestling program I watch without fail every week. They really do need to get rid of Saint. Maybe Wade Barrett is free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heel Champion

Status

I don't mind Coffey but no way should he be the one to dethrone Dunne, especially when you got the likes of Mandrews, Dennis, even Bate for a second run that would be more suitable moving forward.

WAKE UP

Status

Are Dunne's and Mastif's opponents any good?

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Are Dunne's and Mastif's opponents any good?
    Eddie Dennis is quite good and that match should be a lot of fun.
    Coffey isn’t gonna blow you away but I have a feeling this will be at least as good as the Devlin/Dunn match a month ago.
    It’s a good show I think you’d like it Steve

Heel Champion

Status

Eddie Dennis will surprise you, and the match with Mastiff has the potential to be brilliant.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Dennis is a better promo than a worker, but Mastiff isn't too good himself either. I do like that it's a match no fancy UK feds would book though, something original.

This show lost me about a month ago when I couldn't keep up with back to back episodes per week, I hope they go to one episode a week after this is over. That and sticking Gibson with MR MAYHEM again.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Dennis is a better promo than a worker, but Mastiff isn't too good himself either. I do like that it's a match no fancy UK feds would book though, something original.
    I'm probably the biggest Dennis mark here, but this is true. I don't like his presentation in WWE as he's not the imposing hoss they're making him out to be. His greatest contribution will be as a character, he's got great built in material to feud with Dunne when they're ready.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

This show lost me about a month ago when I couldn't keep up with back to back episodes per week, I hope they go to one episode a week after this is over. That and sticking Gibson with MR MAYHEM again.
    Yeah the 2 shows a week thing got exhausting real quick. I missed like a month and trying to catchu p with 8 hours worth of TV (with an extra 2 hours looming each week) proved to be a nightmare. Think i've got like 4 more to see. No idea if i'll get through that (and the other 2) before this happens. Really do hope it slows down after the show.

In any case This should be a pretty solid event. Part of me thinks Dunne loses here (Since he also works the states show's) so they can have the champ be exclusive to the UK shows. Another part of me thinks Coffey is a meh choice to end his reign. Devlin feels like a much better choice.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Devlin should end the reign but then they gave away that match a month ago (SORRY TWO MONTHS AGO IN X2 LAND). Could possibly stretch it out until the next takeover UK.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Champ or not, Dunne's around for a while I reckon whilst they establish everyone else. Way too early to lose the brands biggest star.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Champ or not, Dunne's around for a while I reckon whilst they establish everyone else. Way too early to lose the brands biggest star.

Mod father ain’t leaving bro

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post

I do wonder if people will be "Promoted" in the same way they are in NXT. You would have to think that Vince & Haitch would eventually want guys like Storm, Rhea, Dunne & Bate on Raw or SD.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    I do wonder if people will be "Promoted" in the same way they are in NXT. You would have to think that Vince & Haitch would eventually want guys like Storm, Rhea, Dunne & Bate on Raw or SD.
    Dunne should be on the main roster now but they'll keep him on NXT UK for as long as they can get away with because they need him to attract interest to the show.

If you're someone who is familiar with Toni Storm, having her trapped on a roster featuring the exact same women she's been wrestling in the UK for years is disappointing. She's a limited worker herself, but a lot of the girls here aren't on her level anyway. Bringing Rhea in was a wise move from HHH.

Yooooo Mang

Status

I see BSS all coming up together and having it be a big deal

Thread Information